PDA

View Full Version : Cash Rewards Program

josharre2000
01-09-2009, 01:10 PM
I am looking at an 08-09 X-45 and was curious to know how many of you current, past, etc. MC owners who participated in the program have actually received a check back after the 3 year period.

If so was it for the full amount?
If not, why?

The current program states a $25k refund after 3 years. That's a hunk of change.

Thanks,

PendO
01-09-2009, 01:11 PM
come on down ... your the next contestant on "how long until this thread gets deleted or someone gets banned"

oh, to answer your question ... paid the full amount of 10K just about a year ago

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=20774

ttu
01-09-2009, 01:13 PM
oh no!!! not again.:popcorn:

i actually had a email from mastercraft yesterday offering 25K back.

Maristar210
01-09-2009, 01:16 PM
la la la la la la la la la la

Sodar
01-09-2009, 01:18 PM
This one?

ttu
01-09-2009, 01:22 PM
first one:D

josharre2000
01-09-2009, 01:23 PM
guess i should have used that little tool called search......

Moderator2
01-09-2009, 01:26 PM
guess i should have used that little tool called search......

You may or may not find anything as some of those threads have been deleted. Contacting your local dealer may be your best option. There have been a few here that have been paid and others that are waiting for their 3 years to be up so they can properly submit the paperwork and get paid.

PendO
01-09-2009, 01:29 PM
as far as this site is concerend ... I believe the current batting average is 2 for 2 ... so 100% success :) DO IT, DO IT NOW!

josharre2000
01-09-2009, 01:34 PM
I just happen to know a corporate contract attorney. I will have that person review the contract document before I move forward....

Gonzo
01-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Make sure he isnt into watersports, he may just see a free ride for 3 yrs until you find out you got bad advice :)

PendO
01-09-2009, 01:47 PM
I just happen to know a corporate contract attorney. I will have that person review the contract document before I move forward....

yup, best way to do it is lawyer up:)

go early, go often, or go home:!

JohnE
01-09-2009, 02:43 PM
come on down ... your the next contestant on "how long until this thread gets deleted or someone gets banned"

It'd be kind of hypocrytical to delete a thread on that subject after sending out that email.:D

sand2snow22
01-09-2009, 03:03 PM
yup, best way to do it is lawyer up:)

go early, go often, or go home:!

I had a friend do it this year. He had his lawyer review the contract. He said in the contract it says you can't have a lawyers help? ;)

mccobmd
01-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Okay, I'll believe a lot of things but a lawyer writing a contract that says you can't use a lawyer. I've got a good mind to sue that guy, but I guess that would require a lawyer.

6ballsisall
01-09-2009, 03:20 PM
as far as this site is concerend ... I believe the current batting average is 2 for 2 ... so 100% success :) DO IT, DO IT NOW!

Well I'm glad there is such a large sampling for the study. By all means, buy two boats now! 8p

JohnE
01-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Well I'm glad there is such a large sampling for the study. By all means, buy two boats now! 8p

done and done;)

6ballsisall
01-09-2009, 03:58 PM
done and done;)

I retract my prior statement if cash rewards leaves ya hanging John. 8p If it pays out I'll be looking for my consulting fee ;)

corey
01-09-2009, 04:00 PM
As a dealer we have had 3 customers recieve their 10K in the full amount. We also had one customer who forgot about it.

JohnE
01-09-2009, 04:08 PM
As a dealer we have had 3 customers recieve their 10K in the full amount. We also had one customer who forgot about it.

Info like this certainly lends credibility to the program.

JohnE
01-09-2009, 04:09 PM
I retract my prior statement if cash rewards leaves ya hanging John. 8p If it pays out I'll be looking for my consulting fee ;)

Don't miss out on JohnE's Cash Rewards Bash in the Spring of 2011.:D

6ballsisall
01-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Don't miss out on JohnE's Cash Rewards Bash in the Spring of 2011.:D

I'll be there, you bring the Lobsta

jdl xstar
01-09-2009, 04:11 PM
"Cash rewards works great" - Bernie Madoff ;)

6ballsisall
01-09-2009, 04:14 PM
"Cash rewards works great" - Bernie Madoff ;)

And the countdown begins!!!!!! 8p:rolleyes::popcorn:

jdl xstar
01-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Countdown for what?!?! I was just kidding! i don't want to be put on time out! 8p

JohnE
01-09-2009, 04:23 PM
And the countdown begins!!!!!! 8p:rolleyes::popcorn:

It was getting slow around this site.:D Pass me some popcorn...

6ballsisall
01-09-2009, 04:28 PM
It was getting slow around this site.:D Pass me some popcorn...

Buttered or Light Popcorn? I still need my tupperware bowls so I can pass you some 8p

jdl xstar
01-09-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm all for cash rewards. I have 2 years to go! When you go to the website, its funny how it clearly states that the way they give you the reward is by people either forgetting about it, they died or their paperwork wasnt in order. The money you get in the reward is from other people's cash. I'm just saying that this is a system that madoff would love!

6ballsisall
01-09-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm all for cash rewards. I have 2 years to go! When you go to the website, its funny how it clearly states that the way they give you the reward is by people either forgetting about it, they died or their paperwork wasnt in order. The money you get in the reward is from other people's cash. I'm just saying that this is a system that madoff would love!

Well when you put it that way, it does smell Ponzi'ish don't it :confused::(

jdl xstar
01-09-2009, 04:42 PM
It can be ponzi all day, as long as I get my cut out of it in 2 years! :D

6ballsisall
01-09-2009, 04:52 PM
It can be ponzi all day, as long as I get my cut out of it in 2 years! :D

Well until it gets called a Ponzi by the SEC, then they'll be knocking on your door for the cash back

General Disclaimer: I am in no way insinuating Cash Rewards is actually a Ponzi scheme

seth1776
01-29-2009, 03:43 PM
I have been fighting with Cash rewards for almost 8 months now about my claim. I double checked all the rules, followed the directions to a T, and mailed in ontime. They Denied my claim because they did not like the format of my dealers bill of sale! Something which I had no control over, and something which they misread while processing my claim!

I filed an appeal, and explained my case, boats are not taxed where I live, trailers are.
The sum of boat + trailer = the purchase price.

Denied.

Funny thing is, they have done this before to other customers, and paid them! So while I still argue my point with Cash Rewards, and the ITPA. I advise all who are considering, act with extreme caution and buyer beware. I may be one of a handful, but when you do everything correct, and follow all the instructions, and they deny you based on something you were not responsible for it is B.S!

Sodar
01-29-2009, 03:52 PM
I have a feeling that stories like this will be plaguing this very forum for years to come.

flipper
01-29-2009, 04:07 PM
I have a feeling that stories like this will be plaguing this very forum for years to come.

At least until they quit pushing this scam

coz
01-29-2009, 04:29 PM
At least until they quit pushing this scam

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/cash-rewards-inc-c105310.html

http://www.complaintsboard.com/?search=cash+rewards

JohnE
01-29-2009, 04:54 PM
I have been fighting with Cash rewards for almost 8 months now about my claim. I double checked all the rules, followed the directions to a T, and mailed in ontime. They Denied my claim because they did not like the format of my dealers bill of sale! Something which I had no control over, and something which they misread while processing my claim!

I filed an appeal, and explained my case, boats are not taxed where I live, trailers are.
The sum of boat + trailer = the purchase price.

Denied.

Funny thing is, they have done this before to other customers, and paid them! So while I still argue my point with Cash Rewards, and the ITPA. I advise all who are considering, act with extreme caution and buyer beware. I may be one of a handful, but when you do everything correct, and follow all the instructions, and they deny you based on something you were not responsible for it is B.S!

This would be a perfect place to scan the denial letter. Along with the dealer's bill of sale.
Just block out personal info

flipper
01-29-2009, 05:11 PM
This would be a perfect place to scan the denial letter. Along with the dealer's bill of sale.
Just block out personal info

Good thought:cool:

Datdude
01-29-2009, 05:47 PM

How many participated in the program? :confused: What percentage of your customers got paid?

jakethebt
01-29-2009, 06:07 PM
MC has always valued their reputation, so why even take a chance with a program like this? If people are not getting their money if a few years, how many MCs do you think they will ever buy again? It really does not seem to matter if MC was handing the money out or some independent company. I just do not get why MC would allow a plan like this to surround their high quality product then have nothing to do with it when people can not get their money.

I guess I would prefer a plan that lowered the price of the MC rather than wonder if I am ever going to get my money from an independent party. If I want to buy a boat and worry, I will buy a bayliner.

JohnE
01-29-2009, 06:09 PM
MC has always valued their reputation, so why even take a chance with a program like this? If people are not getting their money if a few years, how many MCs do you think they will ever buy again? It really does not seem to matter if MC was handing the money out or some independent company. I just do not get why MC would allow a plan like this to surround their high quality product then have nothing to do with it when people can not get their money.

I guess I would prefer a plan that lowered the price of the MC rather than wonder if I am ever going to get my money from an independent party. If I want to buy a boat and worry, I will buy a bayliner.

They participate because the program helps sell more boats.

I'd like to see the info that seth1776 posts with my own eyes before judging.

brucemac
01-29-2009, 06:45 PM
MC has always valued their reputation, so why even take a chance with a program like this?

BINGO! I ask myself this everytime I see this come up.

They participate because the program helps sell more boats.

Sure, but for how long?

I don't care how you spin it, you can't polish a turd and perception is everything when you start looking at branding and image--espeically on a large ticket purchase which in a lot of cases is emotional versus logical.

I also think that even though it's "an option" or that it's handled by an independent company is irrelevant. It's still associated with the purchase and therefor forever tied to an MC sale -- win or lose.

I think MC is making a big mistake with this, even if it is helping improve sales here and now. More simply put, the risks far outway the rewards. No pun intended.

snork
01-29-2009, 07:44 PM
brucemac, your now on notice, hope your opinions do get you in trouble...

brucemac
01-29-2009, 08:13 PM
lol

hope you meant to say don't, but at any rate i get your point, ill will intended or not.

JohnE
01-29-2009, 08:37 PM
BINGO! I ask myself this everytime I see this come up.

Sure, but for how long?

I don't care how you spin it, you can't polish a turd and perception is everything when you start looking at branding and image--espeically on a large ticket purchase which in a lot of cases is emotional versus logical.

I also think that even though it's "an option" or that it's handled by an independent company is irrelevant. It's still associated with the purchase and therefor forever tied to an MC sale -- win or lose.

I think MC is making a big mistake with this, even if it is helping improve sales here and now. More simply put, the risks far outway the rewards. No pun intended.

It's all in the presentation. I had the option of going with the program or not. As does everyone else that is offered the program from my dealer.

brucemac
01-29-2009, 08:52 PM
understood. i just want to be clear though, i'm a totally proud and happy MC owner. i've always considered MC top shelf; superior product, great brand image, marketing, etc. it's just that, imo, i think this program in some ways undermines that and i'm a little surprised they've ran it for as long as they have. that's all. maybe all the bad "press" is not true. regardless, i won't say another word about it. cheers-

TX.X-30 fan
01-29-2009, 09:29 PM

I got banned from this forum for the same comments.

TX.X-30 fan
01-29-2009, 09:31 PM
brucemac, your now on notice, hope your opinions do get you in trouble...

I got banned for those opinions.

TX.X-30 fan
01-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Jake your option now is to beat the hell out of it on this forum, it has worked in the past. make it so uncomfortable that someone calls these dirt bags and makes a deal with them so you can get your money.

After this don't do something like this again.

John I love ya bud but if I did not know I would think you own a dealership.

sand2snow22
01-30-2009, 12:22 AM
I gave $3700 to Pendo this year. He promised me he could turn it into $25k in three years. I like my odds :D

FancySauceRules
01-30-2009, 12:53 AM
New to the boards here, and couldn't resist this topic. I have done some research on this program and it has all the warning signs of a program on the verge of collapse. Whether this program is a ponzi scheme or not is up to the lawyers, however what is clear is that it uses leverage and volume of transactions to fuel growth and future returns. These programs cannot persist under extreme economic rescession unless heavily capitalized. By the fact that the CEO has the time and ego to call his customers whiners in internet forums, the same two girls answer the phone and the dirty work of denying claims has been farmed out to a third party....this thing isn't "well capitalized" and not long for this world. Mastercraft, you got 40 years of great history...don't ruin it now by sticking with this trainwreck about to happen. The best solution here is for Mastercraft to step up and garauntee the already issued rewards certs with their full faith and credit, as well as discontinue the program immediately.

bxroads
01-30-2009, 07:59 AM
A simple Google search tells the tale. The wisdom used by Mastercraft in marketing this program alarms me.

JohnE
01-30-2009, 09:08 AM
John I love ya bud but if I did not know I would think you own a dealership.+

I appreciate that Stu.

But if you look at all of my posts, I never tried to talk anyone into opting for the program. I just said that I think it will pay.

I'd still like to see the denial letter.

Witness140
01-30-2009, 09:16 AM
You'll never see it

JohnE
01-30-2009, 09:18 AM
You'll never see it

I don't think so either.

Stu, you will be the guest of honor at my 2011 cash reward party.:D

Sodar
01-30-2009, 11:23 AM
I don't think so either.

Stu, you will be the guest of honor at my 2011 cash reward party.:D

Is Harold going to get you a table at the local Wafflehouse?

Maristar210
01-30-2009, 12:20 PM
New to the boards here, and couldn't resist this topic. I have done some research on this program and it has all the warning signs of a program on the verge of collapse. Whether this program is a ponzi scheme or not is up to the lawyers, however what is clear is that it uses leverage and volume of transactions to fuel growth and future returns. These programs cannot persist under extreme economic rescession unless heavily capitalized. By the fact that the CEO has the time and ego to call his customers whiners in internet forums, the same two girls answer the phone and the dirty work of denying claims has been farmed out to a third party....this thing isn't "well capitalized" and not long for this world. Mastercraft, you got 40 years of great history...don't ruin it now by sticking with this trainwreck about to happen. The best solution here is for Mastercraft to step up and garauntee the already issued rewards certs with their full faith and credit, as well as discontinue the program immediately.

I posted something simliar to this in content and it was deleted by the admin. WE'll see how long this post lasts...

TMCNo1
01-30-2009, 12:32 PM

Yep, and it will be a teak table!
Ya'll give me crap about posts on teak care, so be glad I'm not involved on Cash Rewards debate, jeeeewzzzz!

flipper
01-30-2009, 12:34 PM
Ya'll give me crap about posts on teak care

among other things:D

TMCNo1
01-30-2009, 12:35 PM
I posted something simliar to this in content and it was deleted by the admin. WE'll see how long this post lasts...

If it was a teak thread, it would be condensed, consolidated, constipated, agitated, castrated, after one day, by a mod or 12!:rolleyes:

BHT
01-30-2009, 12:35 PM
The more I read about cash rewards the more I'm convinced that I'll never see my cash rewards :mad:. Wish I would have taken the discount instead :(

TMCNo1
01-30-2009, 12:36 PM
among other things:D

And I love every minute of it!:D

flipper
01-30-2009, 12:37 PM
The more I read about cash rewards the more I'm convinced that I'll never see my cash rewards :mad:. Wish I would have taken the discount instead :(

Like others have said, just post all your problems, if you have any here, and things will happen. If possible, include copies of letters and that sort of thing. It's worked in the past

JohnE
01-30-2009, 12:43 PM

Nope. Check Stuey's avatar for directions.;)

brucemac
01-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Ya'll give me crap about posts on teak care, so be glad I'm not involved on Cash Rewards debate, jeeeewzzzz!

hey mine's coming along great by the way! thanks for all your help. :)

hopefully will be able to sand this weekend. i've got 2 coats on and it already looks better than when i bought it. :D

JohnE
01-30-2009, 12:47 PM

I'm still a believer. Keep the faith. I still haven't read any first hand account of all the crap that's posted here. Yeah, seth posted, but I won't believe it until I see it...or get some more info.

I have some buddies on antother forum that ride me pretty hard about the program though.:D

TMCNo1
01-30-2009, 12:59 PM
hey mine's coming along great by the way! thanks for all your help.

hopefully will be able to sand this weekend. i've got 2 coats on and it already looks better than when i bought it. :D

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_13.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSfox000)http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_1.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSfox000)http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_19.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSfox000)

n9740b
01-31-2009, 02:24 PM
I have been a lurker on here for about a year. I have been a boat owner all my life and am looking at getting an X2 or X15 or a SAN210Team in about a year. My oldest daughter is 2 now, so not much use for a brand new boat now, our current one works fine.

This all is being said because as much as I like MC...especially for their trailers, this program has me leaning towards SAN. The idea of a program like this tarnishes my image of Mastercraft almost beyond repair. I was under the assumption that this was a local dealer issue, which I still wouldn't endorse, and would expect MC to forbid such a practice at its dealers. Now that I find out it is at some length allowed or even encouraged by corporate is really disappointing to me.

This is no exaggeration...I was back and forth and thought I was set on MC after going to the boat show, and now it makes me want a SAN instead. Also part of my equation, yet not yet fully investigated is work rules and employee treatment. I plan on touring both plants before my purchase and asking lots of questions.

Yes this thread brought me out of lurking and into posting. I can almost guarantee that if this thread disappears, it will be the final nail in the coffin and I will buy a black SAN210 with the wing decal and titan tower.

TX.X-30 fan
01-31-2009, 02:45 PM
I have been a lurker on here for about a year. I have been a boat owner all my life and am looking at getting an X2 or X15 or a SAN210Team in about a year. My oldest daughter is 2 now, so not much use for a brand new boat now, our current one works fine.

This all is being said because as much as I like MC...especially for their trailers, this program has me leaning towards SAN. The idea of a program like this tarnishes my image of Mastercraft almost beyond repair. I was under the assumption that this was a local dealer issue, which I still wouldn't endorse, and would expect MC to forbid such a practice at its dealers. Now that I find out it is at some length allowed or even encouraged by corporate is really disappointing to me.

This is no exaggeration...I was back and forth and thought I was set on MC after going to the boat show, and now it makes me want a SAN instead. Also part of my equation, yet not yet fully investigated is work rules and employee treatment. I plan on touring both plants before my purchase and asking lots of questions.
Yes this thread brought me out of lurking and into posting. I can almost guarantee that if this thread disappears, it will be the final nail in the coffin and I will buy a black SAN210 with the wing decal and titan tower.

You had me going until this, but still funny as hell for a 1st post. :D:D

n9740b
01-31-2009, 05:55 PM
Not meant to be funny....but I am glad my first post was entertaining!

TX.X-30 fan
01-31-2009, 06:14 PM

I have read this point made before here but for the life of me cannot remember who's post it was.

JohnE
01-31-2009, 06:16 PM

If you are basing your decision on whether to buy a Nautique or a Mastercraft on MC's participation in the cash rewards program you need to have your head examined. Buy the boat that suits you best. What the hell is wrong with you?

And thanks for that entertaining first post. I can't imagine why you'd lurk for a year and come out of the closet over this ridiculous topic.

TX.X-30 fan
01-31-2009, 06:33 PM
If you are basing your decision on whether to buy a Nautique or a Mastercraft on MC's participation in the cash rewards program you need to have your head examined. Buy the boat that suits you best. What the hell is wrong with you?

And thanks for that entertaining first post. I can't imagine why you'd lurk for a year and come out of the closet over this ridiculous topic.

Harsh don't you think, may be a personal, moral or ethical decision for this gentleman and I for one would leave that to his own conscience. :confused:

JohnE
01-31-2009, 06:49 PM
Harsh don't you think, may be a personal, moral or ethical decision for this gentleman and I for one would leave that to his own conscience. :confused:

You are probably correct on all counts.

I may be selfish, but I'm buying the boat that suits me best. I don't care if they sell cash rewards, who they sponsor, how happy their employees are or anything else. Sorry if I'm not the morality police. I say he is selling himself short if he bases his decision on the silly cash rewards program. Note I've never backed the program or defended it to someone who has bashed it. Nor have I eve said one boat company is better than another. But to bias a boat buying decision based on a manufacturer or a dealer participating in the program is absurd IMO.

TX.X-30 fan
01-31-2009, 07:18 PM
You are probably correct on all counts.

I may be selfish, but I'm buying the boat that suits me best. I don't care if they sell cash rewards, who they sponsor, how happy their employees are or anything else. Sorry if I'm not the morality police. I say he is selling himself short if he bases his decision on the silly cash rewards program. Note I've never backed the program or defended it to someone who has bashed it. Nor have I eve said one boat company is better than another. But to bias a boat buying decision based on a manufacturer or a dealer participating in the program is absurd IMO.

For the record MC builds the best water sport boats on the planet bar none.

I would though as a consumer choose to boycott a company that supports something I am morally or ethically opposed to.

Like say Christians that oppose homosexuality, well They may not patronize Disney because they have all gay days in their parks. Not me but people are free to choose what and where they spend their money.

When Bill Mahr was on free tv I chose not to support any of his advertisers. The public on that one won. Just saying that a companies reputation means a lot to some people and its not all the product.

JohnE
01-31-2009, 07:23 PM
Stu, good points. There are some moral and ethical causes I would and do support. For me, cash rewards isn't on that radar, nor do I feel that it tarnishes their reputation to any significance. It'll enhance it if it pays out.;)

TX.X-30 fan
01-31-2009, 07:40 PM
Stu, good points. There are some moral and ethical causes I would and do support. For me, cash rewards isn't on that radar, nor do I feel that it tarnishes their reputation to any significance. It'll enhance it if it pays out.;)

Tarnish yes, but as you say to any great deal no. That's my opinion and others may feel differently. Dollar longnecks and 2 dollar call drinks are a no brainer right?? It seems much harder to explain this marketing concept.

lanier92prostar
01-31-2009, 07:47 PM
I thought this thread died:D

TX.X-30 fan
01-31-2009, 08:05 PM
I thought this thread died:D

Its a cat??

JohnE
01-31-2009, 08:22 PM
Tarnish yes, but as you say to any great deal no. That's my opinion and others may feel differently. Dollar longnecks and 2 dollar call drinks are a no brainer right?? It seems much harder to explain this marketing concept.

Not even if it were still 1986.:confused::D

TX.X-30 fan
01-31-2009, 08:35 PM
Not even if it were still 1986.:confused::D

You must have me confused with UMP, I successfully moved beyond the 80's :D

Sodar
01-31-2009, 09:19 PM
Haven't you been banned from this topic, yet?

TX.X-30 fan
01-31-2009, 10:00 PM
I didn't start this thread or for that matter any of the others.

n9740b
02-01-2009, 02:51 PM

Why? Because that is how strongly I feel about this topic. Posting here on MC sponsored website, I figured that my voice would be heard, if only a tiny bit.

Now about my head and my boat. MC to SAN equals BMW to Mercedes. Boats are boats....especially these boats. There are comparable models that do the exact same thing, weigh within a couple hundreds pounds of each other and go the same speed. They all have similar seating arrangements etc.

Now when a company allows people to gamble with a 60, 70, 80k purchase, that is tacky, plain and simple. They are too good to actually post prices to make comparisons easy, but they stoop to this level, apparently not caring if their customers get the short end of a "bankruptcy" or questionable title. This tells me all MC cares about is selling that boat, at all costs. It doesn't matter if this is what MC is "saying", I am the consumer and this is what I am "hearing". Frankly I am a bit shocked that there aren't more loyal MC fans coming out against this thing. Maybe they are too close to the fire an can't see the flames, but as an outsider I see the fire, flames, smell the smoke and see the damage the fire is causing. A bit dramatic maybe, but 70k for a 20ft boats kind of exudes drama in the first place don't you think?

I am not even a big activist in areas like this.....sure I choose Costco over Sams club because of their employee benefits, but that is about it. My point being if I am a lay person in this area, I am sure there are others who feel the same way especially for this type of product for this type of price.

Brown belt with black shoes....TACKY
Talking about religion and politics with strangers...TACKY
MC "rewards" program....TACKY
Telling someone they need to have their head examined as a way of welcoming them into your community....TACKY

coz
02-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Telling someone they need to have their head examined as a way of welcoming them into your community....TACKY

And that's why they call it a sticky subject :rolleyes:

BTW: Welcome aboard :toast: and I'd suggest MC :headbang: but skip the CW :noface:

Witness140
02-01-2009, 11:44 PM
This tells me all MC cares about is selling that boat, at all costs.

I'd have to agree, based on dealing with multiple dealers, the factory itself, and having just bought my 3rd MC. Sadly, but can't argue with you there. Although, for me, all I cared about was buying one, somewhat happily, at all costs.

sand2snow22
02-02-2009, 12:26 AM
Now about my head and my boat. MC to SAN equals BMW to Mercedes. Boats are boats....especially these boats. There are comparable models that do the exact same thing, weigh within a couple hundreds pounds of each other and go the same speed. They all have similar seating arrangements etc.

I'm not going to comment on the other stuff, but I will have to respectfully disagree with you on this point. In many ways CC is going the wrong way for me. High freeboard, weird seating arrangements, hard foam and vinyl, ballast that takes up storage area, just to name a few. I do like the new 210, having said that like many others I wish they would have kept the old 210 around, too.

I would look at VLX or MB B52WB with pure vert ballast system before a CC. Sorry man......They are all nice boats, but MC to CC is more apples to oranges for me........

JohnE
02-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Why? Because that is how strongly I feel about this topic. Posting here on MC sponsored website, I figured that my voice would be heard, if only a tiny bit.

Now when a company allows people to gamble with a 60, 70, 80k purchase, that is tacky, plain and simple. They are too good to actually post prices to make comparisons easy, but they stoop to this level, apparently not caring if their customers get the short end of a "bankruptcy" or questionable title. This tells me all MC cares about is selling that boat, at all costs. It doesn't matter if this is what MC is "saying", I am the consumer and this is what I am "hearing". Frankly I am a bit shocked that there aren't more loyal MC fans coming out against this thing. Maybe they are too close to the fire an can't see the flames, but as an outsider I see the fire, flames, smell the smoke and see the damage the fire is causing. A bit dramatic maybe, but 70k for a 20ft boats kind of exudes drama in the first place don't you think?

I am not even a big activist in areas like this.....sure I choose Costco over Sams club because of their employee benefits, but that is about it. My point being if I am a lay person in this area, I am sure there are others who feel the same way especially for this type of product for this type of price.

Let me back up a little bit and say welcome to the forum.

Now, I don't argue with much that you have to say above. You might want to do a search on this site regarding cash rewards. You will find numerous members sharing your thoughts, bashing the program, and speaking out loudly about the participation in this program.

I maintain my original stance though. If you are making your boat purchasing decision based on the fact that MC as a corporation participates in the cash reward program you are selling yourself short. MC and CC both make a boat to serve whatever your watersports needs and wants are. I've never made any sort of statement that "MC is better than CC.......or anything going down that line.

Also, if you were to come on this site and say "I was considering a MC vs. CC but will be buying the MC because it is $20K cheaper with a $25K cash reward" I'd have also tackily told you to have your head examined.

If you really cut to the point I was trying to make it is this: For me, finding the best boat for my wants is really all that would matter. Clearly you feel stronger about the principle of the cash reward program and that is enough to mold your buying decision.

Good luck with your purchase.

JohnE
02-02-2009, 09:21 AM
I'm not going to comment on the other stuff, but I will have to respectfully disagree with you on this point. In many ways CC is going the wrong way for me. High freeboard, weird seating arrangements, hard foam and vinyl, ballast that takes up storage area, just to name a few. I do like the new 210, having said that like many others I wish they would have kept the old 210 around, too.

I would look at VLX or MB B52WB with pure vert ballast system before a CC. Sorry man......They are all nice boats, but MC to CC is more apples to oranges for me........

These are the types of discussions I would be having when trying to decide what boat to buy....

MYMC
02-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Once again this thread has slid off the table...I cannot even believe what I am reading here!
How can can people say things like "all MC cares about is selling the boat"? My god why not go one step further and accuse them of being for profit!

If you don't like the program OPT OUT and take the DISCOUNT...there is nothing that says you have to participate...those that want to do and those that don't don't...the rest can debate, bash, mud sling or praise it here.

If as some have posted you are comparing brands then you should have participated in FanFare...after the factory tour I seriously doubt you would think a CC was an MC equal, and resale values (the truest measure of a product) back my side of this argument.

The bottom line reality to any company is selling what they make, to romanticize it beyond that is ridiculous...all around you seeing people being laid off (even at MC), furloughed etc...without enough profit this is what happens, go long enough the company won't exist.

TTAdmin
02-02-2009, 04:26 PM
MYMC is right, this thread HAS slide off the table again-

If you have any questions, comments or need more information about the Cash Rewards Program - please go directly to the source and speak with David Maloy (CEO & President - Cash Rewards, Inc.).

David has advised that he will be more than happy to answer questions from anyone:

David Maloy
Office: 214-574-4100
Fax: 214-574-4105
Toll Free: 877-574-3800
dmaloy@cashrewardsinc.com (dmaloy@cashrewardsinc.com)
www.cashrewardsinc.com (http://www.cashrewardsinc.com/)