PDA

View Full Version : how to replace THIS carpet?

wheelerd
01-09-2009, 02:52 AM
I have a 91 TriStar 190 and am I'm planning to replace the carpet and do some reupholstering over the winter. I have all the seats, motorbox and side panels out as well as the two floor sections fore and aft of the motorbox.

Now, how to remove the third floor section that goes under the inside edges of the consoles and into the bow area? (It's roughly 2.5 x 2.5 feet. I've attached a pic -- not from my boat but something similar I found on the web since mine is outside and it's too cold to take a pic right now!)

I thought I would just be able to slide the floor section back and lift it out. Problem is, the fuel tank filler and vent necks stick up higher than the floor level so I can only slide it back so far. I would slide the tank back, but two of the hold-down clamps are under this floor section. Catch 22!

When these boats were built my guess is the carpeting was all laid down before the bow seats and consoles were glassed in to the hull.

I have all the screws out that attach the edges of the consoles and the bow seats to the floor and can lift everything up an inch or so. By doing this I may be able to wiggle out the offending floor section.

Anybody recarpeted a TriStar (or ProStar or Maristar) with a walkthrough and same floor configuration?

kycat2007
01-09-2009, 05:10 AM
this may help
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=9658&highlight=tristar+carpet

wheelerd
01-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Thanks.
I had already checked out this thread when searching Teamtalk. Unfortunately, it only helps with removing the walk through side panels and reattaching the console to the floor.