PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing Kind of....

Loffgren
01-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Ok so boat is in garage in sunny CA. I dont mess with it to much, just because i still go out in the winter. Blah blah -my question is i would like to drain the water out of the engine (block ?) or where ever it is, when I have to let the boat sit for a month or so and just for fun. 08 X2.So any help appreciated....

flipper
01-06-2009, 04:59 PM
There should be a petcock on each side of the engine that you loosen, or take out, and take off the hose for the tranny cooler. If you have a heater or shower, drain that also.

Loffgren
01-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Sweet i will look thanks

Jerseydave
01-06-2009, 05:11 PM
I read somewhere (maybe on here?) that there are more cracked engine blocks in states like CA than in the northern states.................put her away right for those random cold snaps!

I would remove the impeller and pull off and drain the hoses too. Don't forget the exhaust manifolds, they're full of water as well.

TallRedRider
01-06-2009, 08:07 PM
I read somewhere (maybe on here?) that there are more cracked engine blocks in states like CA than in the northern states.................put her away right for those random cold snaps!

I would remove the impeller and pull off and drain the hoses too. Don't forget the exhaust manifolds, they're full of water as well.

I think you are exactly right. They replace numerous engines every year in Las Vegas...people think it won't happen to them and it does. Up north, you guys know you need to get things winterized, we get lazy with our warmer climate.