PDA

View Full Version : I need MCs phone number

ULMboarder
01-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Can someone give me MC's phone number please? I have a question that my dealer cant answer and i know someone up there knows. thanks.

SkiDog
01-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Call 1-800-555-1212 information. martercraft Boat Co. Vonore, Tenn.

Sodar
01-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Some info here... http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=22499

ULMboarder
01-05-2009, 06:14 PM
thanks guys. they were closed though by the time i could get to call them. I tried every dealer in LA, TX and AR tryin to find someone who could help. i guess ill ask here too. Any one know where to get a tracking fin fixed? one of mine is severly bent. All the machine shops in town looked at it and said ill try but i bet ill break it. I would rather fix this one than try to buy a new one cause my dealer here did say that they didnt make parts for this boat anymore. Any one got any ideas?

jimmer2880
01-05-2009, 06:19 PM
your dealer should be able to get a replacement for you. It's been done before.

03 35th Anniversary
01-05-2009, 06:22 PM
thanks guys. they were closed though by the time i could get to call them. I tried every dealer in LA, TX and AR tryin to find someone who could help. i guess ill ask here too. Any one know where to get a tracking fin fixed? one of mine is severly bent. All the machine shops in town looked at it and said ill try but i bet ill break it. I would rather fix this one than try to buy a new one cause my dealer here did say that they didnt make parts for this boat anymore. Any one got any ideas?

A machine shop should be able to make new one pretty easy if you can't find a new part.

ULMboarder
01-05-2009, 06:41 PM
This is what im dealing with. Its off of a '79 Stars and Stripes that im rebuilding. machine shops said it would probably break (not the best machinest though) and the dealer said he couldnt get a replacement.

Sodar
01-05-2009, 06:42 PM
So what is the question?

tph
01-05-2009, 06:50 PM
this might work...

http://elberts.com/underwatergear.htm

SkiDog
01-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Now that otta help you!

TMCNo1
01-05-2009, 07:04 PM
http://www.elberts.com/underwatergear.htm, has replacements and dealers can get replacements, they just don't want to pick up the phone and call to order one.

ULMboarder
01-05-2009, 07:07 PM
im askin if anyone knows of anywhere that still has fins like this. My dealer here in town is a certified A-hole. If you didnt buy the boat from him, he dosent care. And would rather you just give up and buy a new boat.

The machinest didnt know what it was. He didnt know what kind of metal it was or anythin. There aint too many people with these type boats here so he dosent know much about fixing this particular alloy. Is there anyone that i might be able to ship this thing to who knows how to fix them?

TMCNo1
01-05-2009, 07:12 PM
im askin if anyone knows of anywhere that still has fins like this. My dealer here in town is a certified A-hole. If you didnt buy the boat from him, he dosent care. And would rather you just give up and buy a new boat.

The machinest didnt know what it was. He didnt know what kind of metal it was or anythin. There aint too many people with these type boats here so he dosent know much about fixing this particular alloy. Is there anyone that i might be able to ship this thing to who knows how to fix them?

From the looks of it, it is not repairable and 2 of the last 4 posts showed you where to get one. Shipping it to someone repairing (if at all possible), and shipping back would be much more than a new one!

JimN
01-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Why not send it to a prop repair shop?

ULMboarder
01-05-2009, 07:46 PM
i just got off the phone with elberts. guy said that one is n/a. i would have to put a different one on it. the prop shop is the machinest around here. small town. thats why im askin where else could i send it.

03 35th Anniversary
01-05-2009, 08:04 PM
i just got off the phone with elberts. guy said that one is n/a. i would have to put a different one on it. the prop shop is the machinest around here. small town. thats why im askin where else could i send it.

None of the machine shops can fab a brand new one and not even bother with the old one???

It's a pretty simple part.

Jim@BAWS
01-05-2009, 08:15 PM
Mastercraft Boat Company, LLC
100 Cherokee Cove
Vonore, TN 37885
TN Tel. 423-884-2221
Fax 423-884-2295

Maybe that A HOLE dealer in Florida could help you

The name eludes me at the moment

JimN
01-05-2009, 08:37 PM

Go to the closest larger town or city and find out who they have for a good prop shop. It's the same material, so they should have little trouble working with it. You weren't specific about your location, so it's hard to make a recommendation.

ULMboarder
01-05-2009, 09:23 PM
None of the machine shops can fab a brand new one and not even bother with the old one???

It's a pretty simple part.

thats what i thought too. but all the guys down at the shop act like its just so hard to bend it back. if i had a propane torch i would try to bend it back myself. i figured you just needed to heat it and bend it slowly or at a certain amount at a time.

now jim@baws. i was gonna call ya but i figured yall were already closed since i started my search this afternoon at 4. since yall are ahead an hour. i will be calling yall in the morning to see if yall can help.

ULMboarder
01-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Go to the closest larger town or city and find out who they have for a good prop shop. It's the same material, so they should have little trouble working with it. You weren't specific about your location, so it's hard to make a recommendation.

sorry. im in northeast louisiana. been checkin monroe. only two shops machine shops in monroe. i checked the one that was open. the other was still closed for the holidays.

justinglow
01-05-2009, 09:29 PM
There is a very good guy in the Dallas area. You can UPS it to him. PM me for the info if you want.

justinglow
01-05-2009, 09:45 PM
ULM PM back at you.

tph
01-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Check page 40 of this catalog.

http://www.marinehardware.com/downloads/running_gear.pdf

JimN
01-05-2009, 10:03 PM
thats what i thought too. but all the guys down at the shop act like its just so hard to bend it back. if i had a propane torch i would try to bend it back myself. i figured you just needed to heat it and bend it slowly or at a certain amount at a time.

The torch might work but if you can get some fire bricks and a MAPP gas torch, you can build a little forging furnace and it'll get a whole lot hotter than just propane. It's a casting and then it's shaped. These can usually bend once and at that point, it becomes more brittle. It's worth a shot.

Eagle Lake Rebel
01-06-2009, 08:57 AM
ULM boarder, There are a couple of prop shops in the Jackson MS area along with an excellent fiberglass boat repair shop. That looks like a heat and hammer type of fix which can be done in Monroe La. I do a lot of work with several metal shops in that area. Drop me a line and I'll see what I can do to hook you up with a friend of mine in Monroe. All it will cost you is lunch at the Waterfront Grill and you are dead on about the dealer over there.

Ole Miss Rebels
01-06-2009, 09:34 AM
ULM boarder, There are a couple of prop shops in the Jackson MS area along with an excellent fiberglass boat repair shop. That looks like a heat and hammer type of fix which can be done in Monroe La. I do a lot of work with several metal shops in that area. Drop me a line and I'll see what I can do to hook you up with a friend of mine in Monroe. All it will cost you is lunch at the Waterfront Grill and you are dead on about the dealer over there.

Man, such language and attitude. Umh, umh, umh.....

Eagle Lake Rebel
01-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Ole Miss Rebels give me a break, I'll be sure and send your warmest regards to your "bud" at the boat show. He will then probably toss me out of his booth!

bobx1
01-06-2009, 12:22 PM

I have experienced the other dealer option(s) and all I can say is it is pleasure to do business with Gus (and Lee). They have always been helpful but I bought my boat from them.

There are a lot of prop shops in south Louisiana that can probably get that fixed. If things don't work out up there, I can give you the name of a guy that can probably fix you up.

ULMboarder
01-06-2009, 05:14 PM
i think i got it guys. i went to my welder to day and showed him. he looked at it and said lemme see it. took it to the back and scared the hell out of me by cuttin the bent part off. then threw the rest of it on a table, heated it up, and hit it with a hammer till it was flat. He then welded it back on. Said this bronze allow is one of the easiest welds to do. also one of the strongest. he took it to a grinder and ground it down to where the only way you can tell he welded it was by the direction of the grinder marks on the face. its really smooth. like it was never broke in the first place.

Eagle lake rebel, are you gonna be at the boat show in monroe? If you are come stop by the booth and introduce your self. I run Swamp Sports. Its kind of the pro shop for B&L Marine (which my father owns).

Bobx1, I dont know who you delt with but we are friends with the other dealers in town except Gus and another one that i wont name. and there is a reson we do not get along with them. I would reccomend any of the dealers except the one i wont mention and Gus because he is so hard to deal with.

Eagle Lake Rebel
01-06-2009, 05:46 PM
bobx1 glad to see there are happy customers out there. I like Lee too, he's just limited on what he can do without going up the chain of command. I wish I could have bought my boat there to support the dealer nearest to me but it just didn't work out. I do buy small stuff from them when I can. ULMboarder, when and where is the Monroe boat show?

ULMboarder
01-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Its next weekend. January 23, 24, and 25 at the monroe civic center. Gus will be there with his MCs and Moombas and I will be there with my Centurions. There is alot of random stuff at the show. Also a gun show goes on at the same time in the adjacent building. I will be set up in the back of the arena somewhere. you wont be able to miss us.

bobx1
01-07-2009, 10:29 AM
ULM - check your PM's