PDA

View Full Version : Need a truck

Chief
01-05-2009, 11:29 AM
If anyone knows where I can find a 2001 to 2003 F250 Crew or Supercab truck in a few months let me know. 7.3 Diesel only, since the 6.0 was a real winner.

I had leased my Tundra and I was able to turn it in because of my deployment and I want to get back with a diesel.

jimmer2880
01-05-2009, 01:57 PM
There are a bunch of them on ebay and craigslist.

To search craigslist for all regions, go to www.google.com (http://www.google.com) and type in this string:

powerstroke site:craigslist.org

KnoxX2
01-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Chief

Order one through AAFE's

Ski-me
01-05-2009, 02:37 PM
There are a bunch of them on ebay and craigslist.

To search craigslist for all regions, go to www.google.com (http://www.google.com) and type in this string:

powerstroke site:craigslist.org

Thanks for the search tip! I always wanted to be able to search "all" of craigslist but didn't know how to do it other than going to each city. :)

MIMC
01-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Chief -

Would you be interested in a new Chevy or GMC with a Duramax if I could get you my GM employee discount? The program just ended, but I'm sure I could get one if it meant a sale. :) Let me know - thanks!

MIMC

Chief
01-31-2009, 03:43 AM
I find the truck I want, a 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax, via the internet and my wife takes a look and says it's a super sweet truck and a great agreed upon price and I have the dealer agree to a independent inspection by GMC. The salesman and my wife meet at the GMC dealer for the inspection. GMC says it's good to go and my wife writes a check for the agreed upon price right there upon the good news.

So my wife has to pick my daughter up and the salesman is taking the truck back to his dealership and she will return to sign the paperwork to seal the deal.

20 Minutes later she gets a call from the dealer saying they sold the truck to a customer that had looked at it earlier. ***? I thought I just bought it, the salesman had the check, hell they still have it. My wife is more than miffed.

Here is my suspicion, the GMC dealer offered them more money for the truck or the person looking at it earlier paid more for it.

This is what I get for looking before I return from my current Lat and Long.

BriEOD
01-31-2009, 09:59 AM
Dude that ***!!

trickskier
01-31-2009, 10:05 AM
That stinks!!! :mad:

ski_king
01-31-2009, 10:14 AM
That sucks big time.

Maybe you should make the name of this dealer public so we can email the dealer as well as local newspapers, etc. and let them know what this dealer did to someone who is serving at your current Lat and Long.....

KnoxX2
01-31-2009, 11:05 AM
That is Bull ****!

When you get back go down there and tell everyone in the place looking for a car what happened to you.

SkiDog
01-31-2009, 12:05 PM
That sucks big time.

Maybe you should make the name of this dealer public so we can email the dealer as well as local newspapers, etc. and let them know what this dealer did to someone who is serving at your current Lat and Long.....

Yea, thats what needs to happen!

TMCNo1
01-31-2009, 12:11 PM
Someone get me the Salesman, GM and/or Sales Managers phone number and I'll give the a piece of my mind!

Chief
01-31-2009, 06:49 PM
Hopefully the two beers I'm going to have in about 12 hours will help soothe my pain. Two I tell ya! Uncle Sam is just too good to me at times. :)

BriEOD
01-31-2009, 06:53 PM
Don't even start b*!ching. That is 2 more than I got.

Chief
01-31-2009, 06:58 PM
Don't even start b*!ching. That is 2 more than I got.

Why does the Air Force make it like that? None of our Air Force here can participate either.

BriEOD
01-31-2009, 07:02 PM
I have no idea why they do what they do. Fortunately for me, we had the opportunity to indulge in the Lord's drink a few times (legally) based on our mission set. However, something about having a few drinks and subsequently throwing all your kick @$$ gear back on and having to traverse across town while dodging IEDs and bad guys will make you think twice before having more than 2.;)

KnoxX2
01-31-2009, 09:23 PM
Why does the Air Force make it like that? None of our Air Force here can participate either.

Because the Air Force knows that 2 beers would just piss us off, so it just aint worth it.:rolleyes::D

Dang Seamen....................:cool:

Datdude
02-04-2009, 04:40 PM
check www.lenzauto.com for trucks. They have just about anything you could want, and if they don't have it...wait a week. They will also ship anywhere in the country. I am about 3.5 hours away if you needed something inspected. Good luck!!!

thatsmrmastercraft
02-04-2009, 05:24 PM
That sucks big time.

I'm with ski king on this one. There are enough people on here to turn up the heat on a dealership for such poor business practices. Let alone to someone overseas serving for this country so this crappy dealership can even exist.