PDA

View Full Version : new windshield

rem_p
08-12-2004, 10:51 PM
I was gone today to see a guy about putting a new windshield in my toyota... while i was there i got to noticing pictures hanging on the walls...there were a few that stuck out, like an ole mahogany chris-craft and a old jet boat. so i asked the guy what the deal was witht he boats, if they were his or what...he said they were pictures of windshields that he had made custom for people over the years...so i asked, can you make a windshield for a 79 mastercraft...he said yea probably you got it where i can look at it? so i said yea went home and got it and went back up there to show it to him...he said yea i can make that..pretty simple....i asked how much and he said $145... :woohoo: :headbang: :worthy: :toast: it blew my mind guys... hes gonna replace the windshield on my toyota here in the next couple of weeks and make me a new windshield for the boat....i was so excited i just had to share.

Farmer Ted
08-12-2004, 11:50 PM
this is the $500 boat right?

ROCK ON!!! :banana:

H20skeefreek
08-13-2004, 06:52 AM
I was gone today to see a guy about putting a new windshield in my toyota... while i was there i got to noticing pictures hanging on the walls...there were a few that stuck out, like an ole mahogany chris-craft and a old jet boat. so i asked the guy what the deal was witht he boats, if they were his or what...he said they were pictures of windshields that he had made custom for people over the years...so i asked, can you make a windshield for a 79 mastercraft...he said yea probably you got it where i can look at it? so i said yea went home and got it and went back up there to show it to him...he said yea i can make that..pretty simple....i asked how much and he said $145... :woohoo: :headbang: :worthy: :toast: it blew my mind guys... hes gonna replace the windshield on my toyota here in the next couple of weeks and make me a new windshield for the boat....i was so excited i just had to share.

he's going to make the curved windshield for 145 bucks??? that's a smokin deal.

BriEOD
08-13-2004, 07:21 AM
Right on dude!

lakes Rick
08-13-2004, 09:48 AM
If your boat W/S is flat, Laminated can be cut and installed pretty easy.. Its when you get a curved piece of glass that the problems begin..

rem_p
08-13-2004, 03:08 PM
yes this is on the $500 boat. gonna put my grand total up to around $700 so far, not bad considering i was out all last weekend cruisin up and down the lake. the windshield on the 79 has a soild one piece curved glass windshield, not sure if you can tell much by looking at the picture but maybe it'll help.

jclose8
08-13-2004, 04:53 PM
Can you give me this guy's name and number? I have a cracked drivers side windshield and I CANNOT for the life of me find a replacement.

JimN
08-13-2004, 07:25 PM
Rem- if it's becoming a money pit, I'll give you $750 and you walk away with a cool $50 profit.

86Craft
08-13-2004, 07:35 PM
145? Nice. Read my windshield adventure at skiboathelp.com. If this guy can bend up a curved piece of tempered glass for that price, have him make you two.

JEREMY79
08-13-2004, 07:36 PM
I'd like to have that guys name. I need two windshields for mine (one tinted one regular).

Jimn lets start an auction i'll give 800 :D

Leroy
08-14-2004, 01:40 AM
Rem; So what was wrong with the first windshield? I mean for $500 was there a problem there?

H20skeefreek
08-14-2004, 06:58 AM
for 145 i'd bet it's not going to be tempered glass, I don't personally know a lot about glass, but if it's not safety glass, don't do it!!

and i'll up the bid to 900

H20skeefreek
08-14-2004, 06:58 AM
REM, what is that teal boat in the background of your picture?

rem_p
08-15-2004, 09:05 PM
its gonna be plexi-glass...i think. not sure but its mainly for looks any way. he told me he could do it in either tinted or clear, tinted was like $20 more....i have his name and number but its at home so i'll try to get it for those who want it...sorry guys but im probably gonna hang on to the boat...the money pit crack is just a joke to some of my buddies who have a nautique and are constantly putting it in the shop....

the other boat in the back ground is a boat that my grandfather owned...its a 69 westwind with a 70 model 60hp johnson seahorse outboard on it...its all original been garage kept over all these years. my mom and uncles and me and my brother and other cousins all learned how to ski behind that old boat...not very big tho...i think 14 or 16 foot...its one of those cool priceless family heirlooms

lakes Rick
08-15-2004, 09:48 PM
Yes it will be plexiglass.. to have a custom bent windshield for it would be thousands of dollars......

BE real careful when you clean it.. It will scratch very easily....

H20skeefreek
08-15-2004, 10:31 PM
Just use Plexis, it's great stuff.