PDA

View Full Version : can u flip a 09 x series boat?

abwx2
01-04-2009, 02:04 PM
i was on my brand new x2 the other day and when i made a power turn i realized it leaned alot more than our old prostar...will the x2 roll because it doesnt have stabalizer fins on the bottom?:confused:

SkiDog
01-04-2009, 02:23 PM
No>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1boarder
01-04-2009, 02:30 PM
I haven't rolled mine yet. It definately leans more than my dad's 85 MC that I grew up with though.

TMCNo1
01-04-2009, 02:47 PM
This Site features professional boat operators performing under ideal or controlled marine conditions. Do not attempt any of these maneuvers if they are beyond the level of your ability and your understanding and respect of the performance of your boat, for your type of use.

FAQS

6. What tips can you give me for high speed operation of my MasterCraft boat?

Maneuvers of this nature could cause serious injury or death, as well as damage to your MasterCraft that will not be covered under warranty.

trickskier
01-04-2009, 04:16 PM
This Site features professional boat operators performing under ideal or controlled marine conditions. Do not attempt any of these maneuvers if they are beyond the level of your ability and your understanding and respect of the performance of your boat, for your type of use.

FAQS

Maneuvers of this nature could cause serious injury or death, as well as damage to your MasterCraft that will not be covered under warranty.
Darn, don't you just hate it when they say it won't be covered under warranty??? 8p

SkiDog
01-04-2009, 04:26 PM
;)This Site features professional boat operators performing under ideal or controlled marine conditions. Do not attempt any of these maneuvers if they are beyond the level of your ability and your understanding and respect of the performance of your boat, for your type of use.

FAQS

Damn, you always gotta spoil the fun, dontcha!:D;)

mccobmd
01-04-2009, 04:33 PM
You can flip anything if you try hard enough

1boarder
01-04-2009, 04:35 PM
I never flipped a 85 MC and I tried very hard. A golf cart, 4 wheeler, and go carts are a different story and I flipped all of them.

TMCNo1
01-04-2009, 04:50 PM

We need proof and remember,
Video is better for Youtube download too!

ProTour X9
01-04-2009, 06:24 PM
The X2 has a deep(er) V hull, and is a V drive, it's not meant for those maneuvers. Turning sharp is one thing and sliding the back end around is another.

88 PS190
01-04-2009, 10:59 PM
The X2 has a deep(er) V hull, and is a V drive, it's not meant for those maneuvers. Turning sharp is one thing and sliding the back end around is another.

Im going to agree with this, the direct drive 190's with their central engine, and flatish bottom hull spin pretty easily in this maneuver, that being the back doesn't really fight against coming around.

For the X2 hull to do the same its got the engine weight there in the back holding the V of the rear of the hull down, attempting to slide the rear is going to be more violent and less safe, not that its safe in a 190, but eh.

Is your insurance paid for?

flipper
01-05-2009, 10:41 AM

Stole the words out of my mouth

coz
01-05-2009, 10:55 AM
I've never power turned/slide in my MC, to me that's for jet boats & jetskis. That just seem like alot of unnecessary stress and risk of damage. I'll let the other fools slide thier boats mine's for pulling :D

Chief
01-05-2009, 11:19 AM
i was on my brand new x2 the other day and when i made a power turn i realized it leaned alot more than our old prostar...will the x2 roll because it doesnt have stabalizer fins on the bottom?:confused:

If you roll that pig you were really doing something wrong. If you get that pig to do a powerslide video it!

mccobmd
01-05-2009, 10:28 PM
I had a Sea Doo challenger 2000 before my X1 and you could definitely powerslide that. And if I have any pictures of anything flipping it will hopefully be someone else.

Itsme
01-06-2009, 10:01 AM
I don't think so -
BUT - if you do, please post pics!!!!!

wakeX2wake
01-06-2009, 11:23 AM
I don't think so -
BUT - if you do, please post pics!!!!!

LOL agreed... assuming no one is hurt too bad... cause then i'd just feel like a big 'ol a-hole