PDA

View Full Version : anyone rehabing an injury and going nuts?

betsy&david Harrison
05-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Just curious if I am the only one beached until Mid-June. I'm going friggen NUTS not being able to ski yet!
Betsy

Tom023
05-11-2005, 05:23 PM
Consider yourself lucky! I can't do a thing but drive until mid-August!

betsy&david Harrison
05-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Consider yourself lucky! I can't do a thing but drive until mid-August!
Yep...guess so. I know how it is to be the designated driver too. Sure glad for Bimini's and sunscreen...going round and round the islands gets a bit tiring time and time again.

Mag_Red
05-11-2005, 05:38 PM
I've been dealing with limited mobility in my shoulders for a few months now. I knew it would really hurt when I skied. But surprisingly it's gone since I had the gum surgrry last week :confused:

MarkP
05-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Yep...guess so. I know how it is to be the designated driver too. Sure glad for Bimini's and sunscreen...going round and round the islands gets a bit tiring time and time again.
Ouch, I wish I could say something to help, :( . But as erc would say, “Whatever it takes to get out on the water”.. OR what ever the HeLL he says.

milkmania
05-11-2005, 05:52 PM
I just had a "pucker factor of 7" just seeing the word nuts & injury in the same sentence!!!:eek3:

erkoehler
05-11-2005, 05:57 PM
Ouch, I wish I could say something to help, :( . But as erc would say, “Whatever it takes to get out on the water”.. OR what ever the HeLL he says.

Whatever it takes to get out on the water! :D

MarkP
05-11-2005, 06:00 PM
Whatever it takes to get out on the water! :D
I see.. Hows that working out for ya:rolleyes:

milkmania
05-11-2005, 06:04 PM
I see.. Hows that working out for ya:rolleyes:

where's that snickering dog picture when you need it!:rant:

*edit
found it!

http://www.hotink.com/wacky/mfiles/m-ani.gif

erkoehler
05-11-2005, 06:06 PM
Brighter and brighter every day!

jimmer2880
05-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Does my wife count? She's due with our 2nd on Nov 4th. She's a dedicated driver for the entire summer. What a trooper - she swears my skiing won't be effected even though I did offer to only go once a week this year (instead of the normal 3-4).

BriEOD
05-11-2005, 07:58 PM
My wife was pregnant last summer and went out all the way until 8 months. Now that is hardcore!!!

Erk can you even ski?

erkoehler
05-11-2005, 08:00 PM
My wife was pregnant last summer and went out all the way until 8 months. Now that is hardcore!!!

Erk can you even ski?

I can ski, wakeboard, combo trick ski (even do some tricks!), and kneeboard. I want to learn to barefoot and shoe ski this summer. Don't tell Rockman, but I will be enlisting his assistance!

betsy&david Harrison
05-12-2005, 04:09 PM
I just had a "pucker factor of 7" just seeing the word nuts & injury in the same sentence!!!:eek3:
Oh My! Didn't even think of that! Shee..it...this morning I was guarding the swimmers in my class. I was sitting in one of those poly-urithane white plastic chairs...I am not big...the darn thing cracked a leg and I fell backward and tweeked my right elbow again. Injuries suck! :mad:

John B
05-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Betsy, how bad? Your not going to be off the water long then you though? :(

Leroy
05-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Not yet, "knock on wood"! Hope it heals well Betsy!

rodltg2
05-12-2005, 04:33 PM
Just curious if I am the only one beached until Mid-June. I'm going friggen NUTS not being able to ski yet!
Betsy

how far is your place from porterville? the girlfirend wants me to meet her parents, maybe i can squeeze in some skiing.

betsy&david Harrison
05-13-2005, 03:40 PM
how far is your place from porterville? the girlfirend wants me to meet her parents, maybe i can squeeze in some skiing.
Wow...Porterville. Almost considered moving there. Glad we didn't. We will be up this week end! We are maybe 45min from Porterville. I'd have to get a map to give you directions. Love to have you guys out. Call us if it is this weekend you are coming. I think we will be out next weekend too. B

betsy&david Harrison
05-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Betsy, how bad? Your not going to be off the water long then you though? :(
Hi John! Just sprained is a bit. Lots of Naproxin or Aleve and I should be good to go. I think I have one month to go before I ski again. I'm getting pretty antsy now that the water is warm. We will be up this weekend and next if you and friend(s) want to come out. Call me. B

milkmania
05-14-2005, 09:00 PM

I've seen movies that start out like this:headbang:

mbeach
05-14-2005, 09:05 PM
2 years ago, wiped out and bruised 3 ribs. luckily, was in august so did not lose much of season. sooooooooo, chill out, quit showing off, and spend recovery time checking out the babes!!!!!!!!! 2nd best sport short of skiing.

betsy&david Harrison
05-15-2005, 07:41 PM
2 years ago, wiped out and bruised 3 ribs. luckily, was in august so did not lose much of season. sooooooooo, chill out, quit showing off, and spend recovery time checking out the babes!!!!!!!!! 2nd best sport short of skiing.
I don't believe in much rehab time. I'm not supposed to ski until mid-June...yeah right! Had a great time this weekend...yes, I'm back on the stick but I SUCK right now. For a girl that runs 34/15 and then a little more sometimes...not making a pass at 28/15 is crappy. I'll get there in time. Sooner than later I hope. Won't tell my ortho that I'm skiing :eek3:

TalleyHo
05-17-2005, 01:08 AM
Out until Mid-Sept (6 months from Apr) for ACL. And they way its going now, I'll probably be out a full year. The b!tch of it is that I don't have full flexion in my knee, so I can't even kneeboard! Skating is a possibility, but definately nothing w/ a boot.

I've been relegated to educator, driver, photographer, kid watcher, and general boat biyatch...