PDA

View Full Version : TMC Fit Club

h2oskifreak
12-30-2008, 01:35 AM
Well, it is the start of a new year and we have all been eating way too much. I am thinking I need to start my conditioning program. I have some excercises I do for conditioning, but would like some brainstorming on what you think are some of your best conditioning rituals.
Back Extentions, Upright Rows, Lat. Pull Downs, Abs. of course, Shrugs and I have a rope with a large dowell on the end and I use it to roll the rope up and down with weights on the end for forearm strength.
Please post something that works for you and helps specifically with ski conditioning. My interest is course counditioning, but all is welcome here.

Wake2wake
12-30-2008, 04:10 AM
well as far as just getting in better shape, i will vouch for the p90x program. all through school i played sports and stuff, and was in atleast decent shape. but as soon as that ended, i lost the 6 pack compleately and had nothing, now three weeks into the program i am working on an 8 pack, and am possibly in the best shape of my life already, and i did play varsity sports and all. i know some people who get it for free off of limewire, but all you need for it is a set of dumbells, and a pull up bar. all i can say is it def works, and im not someone who tries programs at all, but i figured id give this a chance since it worked for a friend, and it worked for him, and it, so far, is working for me and im just in the first phase of the plan.

Gonzo
12-30-2008, 08:46 AM
getting back on the wagon starting yesterday, also thinking of giving P90x a shot. I get tired of having to think about mixing it up, seems with that all the thinking is done for you, you just bust your butt.

Justjoe
12-30-2008, 09:59 AM
P90X is a great workout. Super hard core too, definitely not a free ride. If you do that stuff you WILL get ripped. Of course, you'll have a stinky basement too (or living room or something).

h2oskifreak
12-30-2008, 11:05 AM
I guess I am out of the loop. I never heard of the P90x. I will check it out and suppose a person could do additional work ski related.

No Skeez
12-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Back Extentions, Upright Rows, Lat. Pull Downs, Abs. of course, Shrugs and I have a rope with a large dowell on the end and I use it to roll the rope up and down with weights on the end for forearm strength.
Please post something that works for you and helps specifically with ski conditioning. My interest is course counditioning, but all is welcome here.

One of my favorites that targets the core as well as upper body is a squat with a 25 lb plate held out in front of you, like a steering wheel. Feet shoulder width apart, start with the 25 # plate straight out. Do 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps. If you really want to add some challenge, when you stand back up each time, rotate the plate left or right or both. When that gets to be too easy, step up to a 35#!

Itsme
12-30-2008, 01:13 PM
Try basic body movements like pull-ups, squats and dead-lifts. Be consistent wth your workouts.

Legs are of utmost importance in our sports - adding strength and endurance will pay big dividends when the water warms up.

Interval running on a treadmill or sprints in the gym for 40 yards can provide the explosive strength that you need behind the boat.

Excercise is 40% of the equation and 60% is nutrition - you cannot put watered down fuel in your MC and expect it to run in tip-top form. Clean up your diet and eat the right foods to give you the high-octane boost your body needs.

Maristar210
12-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Try basic body movements like pull-ups, squats and dead-lifts. Be consistent wth your workouts.

Legs are of utmost importance in our sports - adding strength and endurance will pay big dividends when the water warms up.

Interval running on a treadmill or sprints in the gym for 40 yards can provide the explosive strength that you need behind the boat.

Excercise is 40% of the equation and 60% is nutrition - you cannot put watered down fuel in your MC and expect it to run in tip-top form. Clean up your diet and eat the right foods to give you the high-octane boost your body needs.

Like Beer and Pizza right? :cool: ;)

flipper
12-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Like Beer and Pizza right? :cool: ;)

That's what I got out of it

76S&S
12-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Seems others are thinking about fitness right now as well.

I just ran across this overr on WW.
http://www.wakeworld.com/Articles/2001/WakeboardingWorkout1.asp

helton333
12-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Run. I lost 30 pounds starting Jan 2006 - Run slower, longer periods at start. I ran a half marathon this year - and am running a full next year. It's free, and honestly, you do other things or try other things, why? To avoid running. Just do it!

Itsme
12-30-2008, 03:16 PM
That's what I got out of it

Beer = hops, barley and other crucial grains and nutrients

Pizza = quite possibly nature's perfect blend - crust = grains, cheeze = dairy, tomato paste = veggies

flipper
12-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Beer = hops, barley and other crucial grains and nutrients

Pizza = quite possibly nature's perfect blend - crust = grains, cheeze = dairy, tomato paste = veggies

My thoughts exactly, a very well balanced meal

mbpd312
12-30-2008, 03:54 PM
LOOK NO FURTHER!!!

If you want to get into great shape, there is only one book to get. The book is, "MAXIMUM FITNESS -the complete guide to navy seal cross training, written by stewart smith. It really is the most kick a$$ plans ever!! They are easy to follow and the best part you dont need any equipment. I got mine on ebay for like $14 to my door. I swear ive had at least 3 other buy it, everyone is pleased as well.
All my buddies swear that I was hitting the juice. They couldnt believe that running, situp, pushup, and other weightless exercises could make someone look like this. Its hard work but easy to do and well worth the work!!

flipper
12-30-2008, 06:00 PM
All of this talk about exercise is making me hungry

JohnE
12-30-2008, 11:39 PM
Itsme already mentioned it, but I think squats are the single best overall exercise. Legs (obviously), but also lower back, abs, and is anaerobic if you do high reps with little time between sets. And deads would be a close second. The only drawback is that form need to be perfect or else you might do more harm than good.

That P90X program looks intriguing in many ways, though.

Skipper
12-30-2008, 11:40 PM
The infantryman workout...90 minutes of intense physical fitness in the morning; usually averaging 20 miles of running and between 6 and 12 miles foot march each week with rope climbs, log PT, buddy carries, and Stryker pulls. Then an hour in the afternoon; combatives 3x week, running the rest.

Gonzo
12-31-2008, 12:49 AM
P90X is a great workout. Super hard core too, definitely not a free ride. If you do that stuff you WILL get ripped. Of course, you'll have a stinky basement too (or living room or something).

I am thinking garage, bonus room.

mclovin
12-31-2008, 10:17 PM
stay away from steroids!!! i crush marbles w/ my butt cheeks:mad:

fintek9
01-01-2009, 12:38 AM
What steroids? That's all natural with proper nutrition and exercise in its finest form!:shocked:

kycat2007
01-01-2009, 04:44 AM
I'm sold on Crossfit.com
3 days on 1 rest
workouts are for strength or time
workouts are no more than 20-30 minutes and your done.
Everything is scaleable for all levels of fitness.
All exercises have videos showing how it is done.
Nutrition is based off of Zone or caveman type diet.
It is all free too.

bkblaida
01-04-2009, 05:15 PM
For those who do not like to run, biking is great for ski legs.