PDA

View Full Version : Pro Comp 1987?

Covi
12-29-2008, 09:18 PM
Can anyone fill me in on this? I feel like I know MC boats well. But, this is really throwing me for a loop. I tried to do a search on line for MC pro comp and don't come up with much. So I figured if anybody can explain this Team Talkers can!

JohnE
12-29-2008, 09:24 PM
MC didn't have a "pro-comp" that I'm aware of.

Older boat, repainted, and pro-comp sticker taken from who knows where???? Is it even a MC??? I don't have any experience with the older MC's but maybe it is an early to mid 80's?

Edit: Reminds me of the MC I saw for sale on the side of the road in NH last summer. Navy blue closed bow with a newer drip molded decal. By the time I turned around and pulled up to it I could tell it wasn't a MC. It was an '86 ski supreme or american skier (I forget, but I found a nameplate on the inside) that was shot poorly with some navy paint and a MC decal tossed on. It was as beat as any boat I've ever seen. But looked pretty good going by the opposite way at around 60 mph.

ProStar Slalom
12-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Hmm...I've never seen one. I don't know, except for the obvious things.....an '87-like stripe on a hull that is '86-like or older.

alletric
12-29-2008, 09:27 PM
Can anyone fill me in on this? I feel like I know MC boats well. But, this is really throwing me for a loop. I tried to do a search on line for MC pro comp and don't come up with much. So I figured if anybody can explain this Team Talkers can!
God that tower looks like it belongs in the back of The Fall Guys Truck. Holy roll bar!

ProStar Slalom
12-29-2008, 09:28 PM
God that tower looks like it belongs in the back of The Fall Guys Truck. Holy roll bar!

Yeah, what a shame....

Covi
12-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Exactly! I had never seen or heard of it and I've owned an 86', 87', and 89' So very familiar with late 80's MC.

MC didn't have a "pro-comp" that I'm aware of.

Older boat, repainted, and pro-comp sticker taken from who knows where???? Is it even a MC??? I don't have any experience with the older MC's but maybe it is an early to mid 80's?

Edit: Reminds me of the MC I saw for sale on the side of the road in NH last summer. Navy blue closed bow with a newer drip molded decal. By the time I turned around and pulled up to it I could tell it wasn't a MC. It was an '86 ski supreme or american skier (I forget, but I found a nameplate on the inside) that was shot poorly with some navy paint and a MC decal tossed on. It was as beat as any boat I've ever seen. But looked pretty good going by the opposite way at around 60 mph.

Covi
12-29-2008, 09:34 PM
I think the tower is hideous! Check out the tail lights for the trailer.

JohnE
12-29-2008, 09:40 PM
The wooden tower on the yellow tri hull beater looks better than this tower.

ski_king
12-29-2008, 10:29 PM
I think this has came up from time to time in the past and discussed on here.

If I remember correctly, this was a boat mad to sell outside of the USA, made from a 87 hull and 86 deck, dash etc.

Check out this old thread (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=797&highlight=comp), too bad all the old pictures and links are gone.

edit/
the more I look at the photo, the more I think that photo was taken on the other side of the Atlantic. Note the lack of typical US registration numbers, the license on the truck behind it and the lights hanging from the swim platform.

Cloaked
12-29-2008, 10:49 PM

If I remember correctly, this was a boat mad to sell outside of the USA, made from a 87 hull and 86 deck, dash etc.

Check out this old thread (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=797&highlight=comp), too bad all the old pictures and links are gone.

edit/
the more I look at the photo, the more I think that photo was taken on the other side of the Atlantic. Note the lack of typical US registration numbers, the license on the truck behind it and the lights hanging from the swim platform.Agreed. There are several in sale ads from the UK.

Covi
12-30-2008, 07:47 AM
I understand that the 86' has the new 87' hull with 84-85 deck. That makes the 86' unique. Not to mention graphics.

edit/
the more I look at the photo, the more I think that photo was taken on the other side of the Atlantic. Note the lack of typical US registration numbers, the license on the truck behind it and the lights hanging from the swim platform.