PDA

View Full Version : wakesurf purchase

rodltg2
05-11-2005, 01:56 PM
i bought my wakesurf board today. i believe its a hyperlite. bought it based on the salesmans advice on the best board to use on a small wake. he did however state that doing it behind my 197 will be a challenge , which i pretty much new already. taking my buddies air warrior out today to try it. ill be takin some pics of me , plus some of the girls for the swimsuit thread!

6ballsisall
05-11-2005, 01:59 PM
, plus some of the girls for the swimsuit thread![/QUOTE]

:banana: :banana: :banana: :popcorn:

rodltg2
05-11-2005, 10:52 PM
well i tried the wakesurf. i used as a barefoot start up afterwards , more fun. first time i've done long line barefoot at folsom lake! cant believe how smooth it was , couldn't resist.

Leroy
05-11-2005, 11:21 PM
It worked ok? So what size did you buy?

erkoehler
05-11-2005, 11:37 PM
Um, where are the swimsuit photos?

6ballsisall
05-11-2005, 11:40 PM
Um, where are the swimsuit photos?

yeh what Erk said!! OMG, I am agreeing with Erk!! :D

RackAtak
05-11-2005, 11:46 PM
Hey Rod-
Which Hyperlite is it. http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/CTGY/hyperlite_wake_surfboards I'm getting ready to buy the Broadcast 5'6".

erkoehler
05-11-2005, 11:55 PM
I guess we won't be seeing any photos tonight :mad:

SDmc205
05-12-2005, 12:59 AM
It should be no problem behind your 197. We surf behind my 205 and my cousin's 195 all the time. Drop a sack in the port rear corner and get all your lard *** friends to sit on that side. Next thing you know you'll have a big 'ol wake that will be tons of fun to surf.

Of course the more wake the better. And go real slow, like 8-9 mph. You'll know when you have it right because the wake on the port side will come out nice and clean while the starboard side will look like huge chop. I wish I had some photos to show you what I mean.

gregg
05-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Hey Rod
Hang with it, takes a little to get the hang of it, but once you do, it's like riding a bike. I just start like a wakeboard, in gear at idle to push the board against my feet, then up ya go. Keep ahold of the rope until you find that sweet part of the wake, and lean forward and back to control your speed, give the rope a toss and away ya go. Diddo on the sack and beer drinkers in the port rear, and 8 to 10 mph. Set the perfect pass and watch all the people looking and pointing. The best thing is, if you lose the wake or crash, it does not hurt like a nasty face plant!! Good for old farts like me. :banana:

rodltg2
05-12-2005, 02:14 PM
no swimsuit photos , i blew it and forgot the camera :( . i'll try and find something from last year for the time being.

yes, i bought the broadcast. its fun but i think we needed more weight, i was unable to let go and ride the wake alone. we had two fat sacks plus the stock ballast. need more!

SDmc205
05-12-2005, 04:52 PM
It takes some work to surf the wake freeboard. You need to get relatively close to the boat and work yourself in the wave. The wave itself doesn't have to be very big. Check out some of the video on Wakepic.com to get an idea of how to work the board.