PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass Stargazer Question

Aaronhebert88
12-25-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm installing stargazer on my 1996 prostar 190. I do not have magnets on my course thus I will not plug in the Smart Timer Magnetic Sensor. I am going to install the sensor anyway and leave it unplugged just in case one day i make the upgrade. where is the best place to install it on the 190?

ProStar Slalom
12-25-2008, 09:11 PM
Mine have always worked well under the observer's seat along the outer edge. The sensor has velcro on it and it will hold its place by "sticking" to the carpet. Anywhere along the edge of the port side should work fine....just not too far forward, needs to be at or near max boat width.

east tx skier
12-26-2008, 02:33 AM
Same place for mine. I think the current rules have a placement measurement like "can't be x " or more forward of 90 degrees of the pylon. But just find a place under the o-seat along the side where it's out of the way and you're good.

Aaronhebert88
12-26-2008, 05:51 AM
perfect thanks!!

BrianM
12-27-2008, 08:25 PM
From what I know Gazer is not going to give a very good pull through the course without magnets. It is going to constantly run hot passes and probably hunt for speed some too. Remember with Gazer you only need two magnets. One on the left hand gate buoy on each end. Order yourself a couple from skiertoskier.com and you will be good to go.

jpattigr
12-30-2008, 01:01 AM
The other option is to use the smart timer with gazer, just hit start when you go though the gates and it will start timing just like a magnet.
My magnet sensor was broken this Aug and we used the smart timer and it worked great.
PS the pull with either is awesome, but you need to let Gazer know where you are in the course.