PDA

View Full Version : Seattle MC Snowstorm

dapicatti
12-22-2008, 02:01 PM
We took a trip to Seattle this past weekend, and wanted to stop in the new Seattle MC store, but it was covered with about 8" of SNOW! This never happens in Seattle.

dapicatti
12-22-2008, 02:05 PM
More Snowy boats.....I know not a big deal to those in the midwest but very unusual for Seattle. The entire City shuts down over about 2" of snow. There aren't enough snow plows and they don't have any kind of sand or gravel for traction on the hills.

dapicatti
12-22-2008, 02:08 PM
The best part is that at 4:30 pm on a Saturday when everyone else closed up shop and went home, Darren Lamont was still there. It was so nice to see him there.

dapicatti
12-22-2008, 02:12 PM
If you are in Seattle, go check out the new store! You know Darren and his crew will be waiting for you. Lots of boats to look at while you are there.

brucemac
12-22-2008, 10:48 PM
yeah, it's nutty here right now d. i've never seen it like this ever. grew up east of the moutains though so the snow's no biggy for me, but it sure is for quite a few others around here. :) the place shuts down. i hope darren does well there. looks like he's got a nice spot. merry xmas :)

oh, and if you went home saturday, you got out just in time. saturday night the weather was nuts.

mcskier
12-22-2008, 11:32 PM
I live about 2 miles from their new shop (a block and a half away from the lake) and as of this morning, the snow total at my house was 15 inches. Certainly a freakish storm for the lowlands! Darren and the crew there are top notch, quality folks. I'm glad to see they finally have a full fledged location to grow the business. I know they will do well.

dapicatti
12-23-2008, 02:18 AM
yeah, it's nutty here right now d. i've never seen it like this ever. grew up east of the moutains though so the snow's no biggy for me, but it sure is for quite a few others around here. :) the place shuts down. i hope darren does well there. looks like he's got a nice spot. merry xmas :)

oh, and if you went home saturday, you got out just in time. saturday night the weather was nuts.

We spent the night in Bellevue, did the whole snowflake lane thing with my nieces. We went home about 4 on Sunday, road was empty. It was crazy coming over Saturday morning.....some moron was towing a fifth wheel when we were expecting gusts of 90mph. As you might guess he flipped the trailer around. He was lucky he didn't roll it on I 90.

Merry X mas to you too. Hope you have a great on with the family.

coz
12-23-2008, 07:26 AM
I hope they winterized all those boats sitting out in the freeze :confused:

dlamont
12-23-2008, 03:23 PM
It has definately been crazy around here. I wanted to go ride on Christmas Eve but I don't think that is going to happen, it is supposed to snow again!!
Hope the snow melts by Jan. 10th for our Grand Opening/Rock Band/Pre Boat Show Sale!! Invite all your friends!!

And Doug, thanks for the CD it was a perfect soundtrack for my ride home that night.

CameronCarey
12-23-2008, 03:28 PM
I was working up there and flew out on Thursday............What a mess!

Stay Warm!

prostar205
12-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Went down to see my boat today at the marina only to find Lake Washing-machine frozen from the shore out about 100 or so feet. My floating Sunstream lift was completely frozen in ice about 1" thick. Totally un-natural for our area.

Darren - Do you still have my mirror? I'll come get it sometime next week. What's up with the Pre-boat show program? Haven't seen any on that yet.

Have a great Christmas and New Years!!!

dlamont
12-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Tom, I have your mirror, but we are going to be closed from Dec. 25th - Jan. 2nd.
As for the Pre Boat Show...Check it out!!

jacobe
12-24-2008, 01:42 AM
More snow coming tonight...just perfect for a trek over the passes to go to E. WA tomorrow for Chistmas with the family.

TX.X-30 fan
12-24-2008, 07:18 AM
Seattle won't use salt on the roads, crazy folks. Reported the cops are walking to calls that are up hills. Afraid of salt runoff in the salt water sound.

Do those boats sit in the winter weather and rain, those covers are not waterproof. May just be me but I want a new boat that has never had water in it of anything else.

coz
12-24-2008, 07:32 AM
Seattle won't use salt on the roads, crazy folks. Reported the cops are walking to calls that are up hills. Afraid of salt runoff in the salt water sound.

Do those boats sit in the winter weather and rain, those covers are not waterproof. May just be me but I want a new boat that has never had water in it of anything else.

Said the same in another post :rolleyes: if those boats weren't preped for freeze then what? :confused:

dlamont
12-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Don't worry guys they are all winterized. We have been shoveling snow off the boats the past two days. We have rotating detailers come in to keep the boats clean all year. This snow has made it a little tough.