PDA

View Full Version : Cover Boat

corey
12-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Can any one post a pic of the MC on the cover of the current Waterski mag?

All of ours have a competiors wakeboard boat on the cover!!! I need to know the colors and options for a customer.

Thanks,

Corey

Ski-me
12-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Are you talking about the boat review edition? If I recall, it shows the new Malibu FXi on it.

corey
12-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Yeah, there are usually a couple of different covers, ours has a Bu Wakesetter on it. I've not seen one with an MC yet but I think theres a 197 cover floating around out there somewhere.

Ski-me
12-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Yeah, there are usually a couple of different covers, ours has a Bu Wakesetter on it. I've not seen one with an MC yet but I think theres a 197 cover floating around out there somewhere.

I noticed an ad for the 214V in the first few pages but no review. Did it not make it to the test in time? Your photos of the 214V you have is really nice!! I'd love to see how it does skiing wise......

corey
12-22-2008, 01:10 PM
You and me both brother!!! To bads its 5 or so degrees, I think even the river is frozen right now!

Thanks for the props, we actually got two X-14V's in and a third is in production which is going to be our show stopper for the upcoming boat show. We're putting the boat on a spinner rack which is about 15' off the floor, you'll be able to see it from pretty much anywhere in the convention center!

3event
12-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Corey, my scanner is acting up, but I have that mag cover. It's the yellow 197 that is currently found on the mastercraft.com main site under the 197, all yellow, black waterline stripe, minitower. It's also in the "Glass is made to be shattered" ad with Marcus Brown. See below.....

When is the Mpls boat show? I visit at irregular intervals on business, would stop by if the timing is right.

corey
12-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks, I couldnt figure out from their site if it was this boat or a red metal flake one with no tower.

The show runs from January 21-25, hope you can make it! Look for a yellow and black X-14V spinning above the show, thats us!

thijs
12-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Weird, my 2009 BBG has a Centurion Enzo SV240 on the cover. Very interesting that they have different covers........

Kevin 89MC
12-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Didn't know they had multiple covers either. Guess I got lucky, mine has the ProStar on the cover! :) Surprised there was no review of the PS 214 or 214V, although there is one for the X14. It's amazing how much the market has changed in the last few years.

EricB
12-22-2008, 03:04 PM
Sorely dissapointed in the WS reviews this year. Not enough manufacturers participate anymore.

thijs
12-22-2008, 03:16 PM
Didn't know they had multiple covers either. Guess I got lucky, mine has the ProStar on the cover! Surprised there was no review of the PS 214 or 214V, although there is one for the X14. It's amazing how much the market has changed in the last few years.

WSM seemed to focus on the wakeboard-ablity of the 214/X14. The online virtual test drive only showed wakeboard optimized wakes. The WSM BBG only had one pic of the ski-optimized wake.

And I am also very suprised the 214V wasnt evaluated- maybe that model rolled out to late??

corey
12-22-2008, 03:21 PM
The 214V was likely late. I don't think MC wanted to much press until it was officially certified by the AWSA.

Agreed with the testing being a joke. Perhaps they should limit the number of wakeboats and do a little more in depth research on the ski boats, but then again why take anyone elses word for it when most dealers will take you on a demo? I know I prefer to test boats, skis and boards for myself!