PDA

View Full Version : Rotary volume control

vision
12-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Anyone have, or seen, a rotary or slider remote volume control for their clarion marine stereo? Pressing the up or down soft buttons on the remote is annoying when you are trying to rapidly change volumes while driving. I would prefer to simply have a pan pot or other rotary knob on the remote.

JimN
12-21-2008, 10:43 AM
It may be available but unlike a regular volume control, the signal isn't going through the control, the control is operating an IC.

TallRedRider
12-21-2008, 12:51 PM
You can install an inline volume controller for about $30 total.

They are called a PAC - LC1

I used this on my other boat and it worked perfectly. You just need to run RCA cables from the head unit to the spot you mount the controller, and then another RCA cable back to the amplifier. I used 3 of them for the tower, interior and sub speakers and it worked very nicely. It was especially nice for turning off the tower speakers when the rider was down, or turning off the interior when the rider wanted music, but we were talking in the boat.

I am in the process of installing a Wetsounds 420 in my X45, If you want a full equalizer setup. I will be posting a thread to detail it all later. I think the Wetsounds EQ is the best out there and also comes with a microphone so you can communicate to the rider while they are still riding. It is also good for taunting someone who is riding. ;)

vision
12-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Perfect! Thanks Go Red. I will look for your EQ details. I have heard good things about the Wetsounds EQ.

You can install an inline volume controller for about $30 total.

They are called a PAC - LC1

I used this on my other boat and it worked perfectly. You just need to run RCA cables from the head unit to the spot you mount the controller, and then another RCA cable back to the amplifier. I used 3 of them for the tower, interior and sub speakers and it worked very nicely. It was especially nice for turning off the tower speakers when the rider was down, or turning off the interior when the rider wanted music, but we were talking in the boat.

I am in the process of installing a Wetsounds 420 in my X45, If you want a full equalizer setup. I will be posting a thread to detail it all later. I think the Wetsounds EQ is the best out there and also comes with a microphone so you can communicate to the rider while they are still riding. It is also good for taunting someone who is riding. ;)