PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Breckenridge...

djhuff
12-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Thought I would pose a question to all of TTers on the west side.

I'm looking for lift ticket deals for Breck, Keystone, maybe Copper. What does everyone out there do for these resorts???

We usually go to Tahoe, where there are discounts all over the Sacramento and Reno area, but I'm having a hard time finding anything for the Colorado mountains. Heading out the first weekend in Feb.

ttu
12-18-2008, 10:25 AM
check denver craigslist.

there are a ton of coupons there.

SkiDog
12-18-2008, 11:23 AM
DJ, you should also head over to A-Basin. Small but GREAT mountain! Lotta memories in Breckenridge~!

djhuff
12-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Skidog, we talked about that. We are staying right across from the new gondola at Breck, so it'll be hard to want to drive somewhere else, but we are keeping out options open.

We are only skiing 3 days, quick trip, only going because we got a KILLER deal on airfare... 157 round trip from Raleigh.

SkiDog
12-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Wow! Drink plenty of WATER! Attitude sickness ***! You can also ski A basin @ night!

wakeX2wake
12-18-2008, 02:42 PM
you can bus for free from breck to a-basin... there's a little shop i think it's there in frisco called antlers they usually have as good or better prices than anywhere... check them out... they'll do you well on rentals too... always have us... enjoy the mtn and hit up downstairs erics for a cool bar

shepherd
12-19-2008, 11:56 AM
We spent 5 days in Breck last week and our condo was at the midpoint of the gondola. Our lift tickets were good for several resorts, including Vail and Keystone, but we just stayed in Breck. Why drive or ride a bus with all those Breckenridge trails right outside your door? Sorry, I can't tell you about any lift tix deals because ours came as part of the package with the condo. Have fun!

BTW, for a good lunch while you're skiing, check out the Bergenhof restaurant at the base of Peak 8 (at the top of the gondola). Pretty good BBQ in the downstairs smokehouse. For a great evening meal to impress the Mrs./girlfriend, go to the Hearthstone Restaurant. For great beer and comfort food, the Breckenridge Brewery.

mrprostar
12-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Antlers is a good place. We did that two years ago, but last year we just bought the tickets at the resort. Price was not signifcantly different. If you have a car make the trip to Keystone for some night skiing. It was awesome, but about -2 this time last year.

wakeX2wake
12-19-2008, 12:10 PM
the dam brewery is a cool joint too if you get out of breck...

djhuff
12-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Anyone go to The Brown Hotel. Looks like a cool little bar, and it's across the street from the house we are staying at.

chudson
12-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Check this web site out : http://summitactivities.com/summit/
I am almost sure you can ski all three on one lift ticket, they're owned by Vail!!!

mbpd312
12-19-2008, 02:11 PM
Two years ago in Breck a few of us skied when it was -60 windchill. 50 MPH winds made the lifts a real wild ride. How bad could it be when you had to stop after each run to let thick ice melt from your goggles. Not to mention have another beer. What a great day it really was.

shepherd
12-19-2008, 02:57 PM
I just can't help thinking about the poor sucker who had to take his hand out of his glove to snap those photos! :eek: :(

That looks COLD.

stulesmi
12-19-2008, 11:30 PM
We skied vai and beaver last week. Some of my family out there had the epic pass which allows you to ski vail, beaver, breck, keystone, copper, etc as much as you want. If you can find someone with this pass to go with you to purchase your lift ticket, you can get it for $59 instead of $90. The pass looks like a credit card with their pic on it. Have fun!!

hester
12-19-2008, 11:59 PM
I'm looking for lift ticket deals for Breck, Keystone, maybe Copper. What does everyone out there do for these resorts???

We found our best lift ticket deals at a grocery store chain called King Soopers.

If you have an extra day hit the cornice at blue sky basin vail.

mbpd312
12-20-2008, 12:42 AM
that was my hand that was nearly frozen from snapping one picture.. bbbbuuurrrr

mbpd312
12-20-2008, 12:43 AM
nothing another beer couldnt take care of!