PDA

View Full Version : Started a new company

Kevin&Annie
12-16-2008, 06:43 PM
hey all! just looking for some feedback here. my wife and i just started an irrigation company. i have been in the field a little over ten years and have recently seen a need in a conservation based irrigation company. i know, conservation and irrigation don't seem to go together, but we feel if your going to water do it responsibly. we are also offering water audits and rainwater collection systems. The website is mywaterwise.com. let me know what you guys think. thanx! kevin

coz
12-16-2008, 06:55 PM
hey all! just looking for some feedback here. my wife and i just started an irrigation company. i have been in the field a little over ten years and have recently seen a need in a conservation based irrigation company. i know, conservation and irrigation don't seem to go together, but we feel if your going to water do it responsibly. we are also offering water audits and rainwater collection systems. The website is mywaterwise.com. let me know what you guys think. thanx! kevin

Is this it? http://www.mywaterwise.com/ water conservation is good for everyone :D

Best of luck with the new venture :toast:

Kevin&Annie
12-16-2008, 07:00 PM
sure is coz, and thanx we need it.

Ubugme2
12-16-2008, 07:21 PM
I like the website and what your selling. GREEN is GOOD!

TX.X-30 fan
12-16-2008, 07:36 PM
I like the website and what your selling. GREEN is GOOD!

Green is not all good, too many examples to list but water conservation is great.

Good luck.

bcampbe7
12-16-2008, 08:37 PM

Site looks good...

My wife and I want to install a rainwater collection system when we build a house (probably be 2-3 years). I will shoot you a PM to get some more information.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-18-2008, 12:05 AM
Good luck, sounds like a great adventure.

I should note, We've been using a system of sorts for awhile. When it rains, all the water is collected at the edge of the roof in these things we call gutters, from there, the water travels down what we call downspouts (just like the itsy-bitsy spider climbed up) and replenishs the lawn with as much water as it can handle. It's about an energy efficient as it can get, just shy of producing the water from the exhaust of my hydrogen powered lawnmower.

88 PS190
12-18-2008, 12:56 AM
All the old houses in our neighborhood come equiped with cisterns in the back yards.

Back in the day the cisterns were used for all grey water from the house, and also the water from the gutters, when they improved the sewers many years ago they made people retrofit to put grey water into the sewer system.

And many people added an elbow to the bottom of their downspout and just shoot the water off down their driveways. Which is a shame.

But more recently alot of people have started using pumps to use all that water since the cisterns will fill rapidly and hold enough to keep their lawns watered during the summer, and no hose use restrictions to worry about.

shepherd
12-18-2008, 02:50 PM
GREEN is GOOD!

Green is good until you start running around the city at night naked and the cops have to tackle you and taze you before they haul you to the slammer. :(

Good luck with the new business guys, but don't smoke that stuff.

flipper
12-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Green is good until you start running around the city at night naked and the cops have to tackle you and taze you before they haul you to the slammer. :(

Good luck with the new business guys, but don't smoke that stuff.

you too huh:D

The pepper spray was the part I hated

JohnE
12-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Kevin, website looks good. I'd suggest adding some pictures. It would provide something tangible than the verbal description of your services.

I would also suggest you remove the info on where you buy your products. That will just let people shop your pricing.

TX.X-30 fan
12-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Good luck, sounds like a great adventure.

I should note, We've been using a system of sorts for awhile. When it rains, all the water is collected at the edge of the roof in these things we call gutters, from there, the water travels down what we call downspouts (just like the itsy-bitsy spider climbed up) and replenishs the lawn with as much water as it can handle. It's about an energy efficient as it can get, just shy of producing the water from the exhaust of my hydrogen powered lawnmower.

I'm going to look into a system like that.

JohnE
12-18-2008, 06:14 PM
I'm going to look into a system like that.

I can sell you one with free shipping.:D

flipper
12-18-2008, 06:16 PM
I can sell you one with free shipping.:D

I'd look into this if I were you X-30. You don't seem to be the most handy guy around, so I don't think making your own is going to be an option. Maybe John can suggest somebody to install the system for you too:D

Kevin&Annie
12-18-2008, 06:18 PM
thanx JohnE, the website is just bare bones right now. I am getting some pictures together now, and I will take the supplier off. Thanx for the feedback.

JohnE
12-18-2008, 06:28 PM
thanx JohnE, the website is just bare bones right now. I am getting some pictures together now, and I will take the supplier off. Thanx for the feedback.

My pleasure. I wouldn't hesitate to advertise what brands and products you use. But you don't want to quote a variable speed pump, controller, I20 head, etc. and have them call your supplier. No matter what the difference between your price and their cost would be.

Kevin&Annie
12-18-2008, 06:35 PM
yeah your right. I brought that up to my partner the other day. his point, which is a valid one, is that we can align ourselves with the associations that they are members of if we list the supplier on the site. I think we will just hurry up and become members ourselves:D