PDA

View Full Version : Check out my New Z5 Sports Rack

magnum
12-13-2008, 12:14 AM
Check out my New Z5 Sports Rack

prostar205
12-13-2008, 12:31 AM
That is very nice. My brother-in-law has one on his Supra 24SSV.

sand2snow22
12-13-2008, 12:46 AM
Nice, I saw a billet MC one on a 2007 PWT X-Star last night. It wasn't a Z-5, but it was nice.

Ole Miss Rebels
12-13-2008, 12:07 PM
wow, wow, wow. i love it. i have one on my 08 xstar that is all black. when i ordered mine my dealer gave me the option of getting the balck with red or all black. i almost went with the black/red but because i hadn't seen a picture of it i was worried that it may would have been too busy so i opted to stay conservative even though my boat was viper red and black. now, however, having seen yours i can say from experience that i really like it a lot. also, i notice that yours has bunge straps woven through the big red "X" tie down piece on the top. mine doesn't have those bungees (what a gyp). also, where yours is scalloped out in the back side below the two middle tower speakers, mine has a zip-on flap that fills in that little "head saver" walk-through hole. your's may have it too and perhaps you just don't have it attached. i can't really tell by the picture. anyway, i feel sure you will love your bimini. it affords significatly more coverage and they really do look sharp on xstars. totally increases the sexiness of the look.

Witness140
12-13-2008, 07:54 PM
How hard is it to get off the tower? How do the attach points work? Considering one, but if it's overcast or rainy - can you get any sun without a team of people to take it down? Or what if you wanted to remove it for tower folding?

TX.X-30 fan
12-13-2008, 08:53 PM
What is the purpose of the top??? I have a bimini.

TOO-TALL
12-13-2008, 09:18 PM
Does the top stay up when trailering??

I looked at one on a Supra.Nice idea the top is strong enough you can put a tube on top or more wakeboards. But for just shade it looks like a PITA.

Witness140
12-13-2008, 09:18 PM
additional storage. It is a roof rack/bimini rolled into one.

Ole Miss Rebels
12-13-2008, 09:32 PM
How hard is it to get off the tower? How do the attach points work? Considering one, but if it's overcast or rainy - can you get any sun without a team of people to take it down? Or what if you wanted to remove it for tower folding?

it takes two people to safely remove it. it comes off in 2-3 minutes. no tools required. if you live in mississippi like i do we rarely wish it wasn't there. for winter riding we still keep it on but we could remove it and just leave it off for some radiant heat from the sun. it offers trememdously more protection from the sun and gives good coverage if you get caught in a shower. you can trailer it at speeds up to 70 mph. it has tie-down straps for highway trailering. the biggest drawback is the price but for where we lilve and the amount of time we are on the water it is priceless to have the entire cabin shaded. skin cancer ain't nothing to play with and i have had my share of exposure in my 54 years. there is no downside to the bimini other than you can't take it off ond store it anywhere on the boat if you are out on the water. you could set it on a pier and pick it back up at the end of the day but we have never been tempted to take it off. it is a wonderfulo accessory.

magnum
12-14-2008, 09:55 AM
wow, wow, wow. i love it. i have one on my 08 xstar that is all black. when i ordered mine my dealer gave me the option of getting the balck with red or all black. i almost went with the black/red but because i hadn't seen a picture of it i was worried that it may would have been too busy so i opted to stay conservative even though my boat was viper red and black. now, however, having seen yours i can say from experience that i really like it a lot. also, i notice that yours has bunge straps woven through the big red "X" tie down piece on the top. mine doesn't have those bungees (what a gyp). also, where yours is scalloped out in the back side below the two middle tower speakers, mine has a zip-on flap that fills in that little "head saver" walk-through hole. your's may have it too and perhaps you just don't have it attached. i can't really tell by the picture. anyway, i feel sure you will love your bimini. it affords significatly more coverage and they really do look sharp on xstars. totally increases the sexiness of the look.
It looks really great , This is the 3rd one due to the first 2 got damaged by the freightline in shipping so we have not got to use it this year, I really like the Red on top becasue our boat is the Viper Red , it is some of the left over from the PWT boats , yes it has the Zip out section in the back of the canvas. It is connected by 4 quick disconnect pins to take it off but due to the cost of them don't think I would want to take it off and leave it anywhere without locking it up , You can store at least 3 boards on top or 1 large tube , the back part zips off to give more sun to the back seat , it is a little lower than the standard bimini top but it looks great on the boat, Mastercraft is offering it as an option on the 09 boats per our dealer

magnum
12-14-2008, 09:57 AM
4 Quick disconnect Pins , takes 2 people to remove and you would have to remove if you wanted to fold tower