PDA

View Full Version : JohnE's 214 in the build!

Witness140
12-11-2008, 09:07 PM
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k212/GTI2lo/Mastercraft%20Factory%20Tour/IMG_0038.jpg

There she is John, and if it isn't yours.......hopefully this one isnt being shipped to a lake near you. Nothing like two chicks showing up for the prom in the same dress.

:)

FlashyDubber's pic btw.

coz
12-11-2008, 09:09 PM
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k212/GTI2lo/Mastercraft%20Factory%20Tour/IMG_0038.jpg

There she is John, and if it isn't yours.......hopefully this one isnt being shipped to a lake near you. Nothing like two chicks showing up for the prom in the same dress.

:)

FlashyDubber's pic btw.

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

KnoxX2
12-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Thought that boat looked like yours John!!!!!!!

Is that a crack I see down the side? JK

JohnE
12-11-2008, 09:27 PM
WooHoo!:toast:

Thanks Jerry! And thanks FlashyDubber!

When did you take that pic? Any chance I can get a high res pic in an email?

scramison
12-11-2008, 11:19 PM
WOW how many boats do you need JohnE? Don't you already have 2?

sully
12-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Congrats JohnE
Looks cool!!
I hope I get get a couple pics of my 214 being built.

shepherd
12-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Those sure look like sweet boats. I don't know how you can stand the wait John.
Pick that sucker up and bring it down to Florida for the winter. I'll take care of it for you! :)

brucemac
12-12-2008, 12:15 AM
WOW! nice!!!!!!

JohnE
12-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Those sure look like sweet boats. I don't know how you can stand the wait John.
Pick that sucker up and bring it down to Florida for the winter. I'll take care of it for you! :)

Hey Shep. I got an offer for ya. Pick it up for me. Use it till May and work any kinks out of it and I'll take it from ya at CSM. And I'll fly down for a few long weekends to ski.
:D

JohnE
12-12-2008, 09:22 AM
WOW how many boats do you need JohnE? Don't you already have 2?

Heck no. I just seem to be buying one every year lately and trading the previous one in. I bought an '05 197 in Feb. of '07. Loved it, but realized a 214 would be a much better choice. Traded it in for the '08 X14 last February. (took a beating money wise, but figured it would all average out over time.) This time the deal was so good, I pretty much traded up a year and gained ZO and it's a wash.

edit: what might be confusing is that I have 2 cash rewards in progress. (officially the 2nd one won't be in progress until I take delivery of the '09)

JohnnyB
12-12-2008, 09:28 AM
Wow, that is a beautiful boat!!!!!

shepherd
12-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Hey Shep. I got an offer for ya. Pick it up for me. Use it till May and work any kinks out of it and I'll take it from ya at CSM. And I'll fly down for a few long weekends to ski.
:D

You're on! Tell me when and where... I have to warn you though, there is only room for one boat in my garage so I hope your new one comes with a cover. :rolleyes:

Monte
12-12-2008, 12:10 PM
You're on! Tell me when and where... I have to warn you though, there is only room for one boat in my garage so I hope your new one comes with a cover. :rolleyes:

Who needs a cover shep? Didn't you know the wethered look is the in thing? I bet he would really appreciate your hospitality more if you took it to a local elementary school and park it in the playground;)

shepherd
12-12-2008, 12:55 PM
I wouldn't do that. But to give it that "ski machine" look, I'd be happy to smear some binding slime and sunblock into the sun pad, put some ski dings in the transom and swim platform, add some rope burns to the back of the driver's seat, and pour some beer on the carpet. :D

JohnE
12-12-2008, 04:22 PM
I wouldn't do that. But to give it that "ski machine" look, I'd be happy to smear some binding slime and sunblock into the sun pad, put some ski dings in the transom and swim platform, add some rope burns to the back of the driver's seat, and pour some beer on the carpet. :D

If that's the case, I guess you can just wait until May to do that.8p

mrprostar
12-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Everyone has been talking about how this is such a great time to buy with all the rebates and everything. Not counting the potential $25K rebate that takes 36 months to take affect, can someone give me an example? The 214 list is in the 60's, right? What is it if I walked into a dealer today? $5K off like a new truck or more?

flipper
12-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Everyone has been talking about how this is such a great time to buy with all the rebates and everything. Not counting the potential $25K rebate that takes 36 months to take affect, can someone give me an example? The 214 list is in the 60's, right? What is it if I walked into a dealer today? $5K off like a new truck or more?

I think the honest answer is how good you can talk, and who you're dealing with.

ProTour X9
12-12-2008, 06:31 PM
John, you're a lucky guy!!

Witness140
12-12-2008, 07:18 PM
I think the honest answer is how good you can talk, and who you're dealing with.

That wasn't my experience, I didn't have to say anything other than what it would take to get me into a boat. As far as who you are dealing with - you can't go much further up the food chain than Scott Crutchfield.

JohnE
12-13-2008, 10:26 AM

I think it strictly depends on the dealer. But a dealer really trying to move a boat will take up to 20% off the msrp. This can vary by model. At fanfare, the factory was either offering a further discount or additional free options.

And my experience was similar to Witness140's. No haggling.