PDA

View Full Version : Canon Rebal XS-What do people think?

KnoxX2
12-11-2008, 05:30 PM
What do people think of the Canon Rebel XS DSLP camera?

Also looking at the up graded telephoto 300 lenses:D

SkiDog
12-11-2008, 05:30 PM
What do people think of the Canon Rebel XS DSLP camera?

Also looking at the up graded telephoto 300 lenses:D

You already know what i think!:D

KnoxX2
12-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Yes I do because I call you and asked.........

wpstevenson
12-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Hey knox, almost bought one for the wife for her birthday tomorrow. Talked to some guys that work at a camers shop, they sugested I get the canon xti instead of the xs. Basicly the same camera exept the xti has less plastic and buttons are more durable. Got her a package xti 10.1 mp body 18-55 I think standard lens, case, 8g memory, extra battery, charger. Her dad had several lenses for his eos rebel camera that will fit her new slr. Several guys I work with have the canon rebel digital camera and love it.

wpstevenson
12-11-2008, 05:47 PM
knox did you see the pic I posted of you yesterday from the bash this summer?

KnoxX2
12-11-2008, 07:40 PM
knox did you see the pic I posted of you yesterday from the bash this summer?

Yes I did and .....................................I think I will hitting the gym this winter:rolleyes:

corey
12-11-2008, 07:42 PM
We have a Rebel XTi Film camera and it is pretty awesome though I have to admit my wife has the photography skills in our family. I am a bit of an idiot when it comes to cameras but the XTi is easy to use and pretty intuitive. The only issue we had was that when we first got it we accidentally turned the "date stamp" on and it stamped a date (incorrect date at that) onto every one of our honeymoon pictures. Live and learn I guess.

stuartmcnair
12-17-2008, 12:21 AM
Decent enough camera...at that price level you would be better served buying the Nikon D40 though. Assuming you are not a "pro" shooter the D40 will be easier to use. They have great pricing right now at Adorama or B&H Photo.

thijs
12-17-2008, 12:34 AM
I have an XSi and I love it. Canon has a great reputation as far as I know.

D3skier
12-17-2008, 12:46 AM
I'd say if your going to spend that type of money for a camera look at the Canon 30D Though it's not as high of MP as the XSI you'll get much more features over the XSI possibly even the 40D if you want to spend a little more money. I had the Rebel XT and grew out of that camera within 8 months and upgraded.

russlars
12-17-2008, 02:25 AM
I'd say if your going to spend that type of money for a camera look at the Canon 30D Though it's not as high of MP as the XSI you'll get much more features over the XSI possibly even the 40D if you want to spend a little more money. I had the Rebel XT and grew out of that camera within 8 months and upgraded.
I'll second that comment on the Canon 30D. My wife upgraded to the 30D from the Rebel also. Great camera and easy to use with a lot of additional customizable settings. Only issue with both cameras is keeping the sensor clean. Anyone else have that problem? If so, what is your best cleaning method?

bigmac
12-17-2008, 04:25 AM
Only issue with both cameras is keeping the sensor clean. Anyone else have that problem? If so, what is your best cleaning method?First step is blowing air...use a bulb blower like the good ol' Giotto Rocket blower. If that doesn't do it, I use a sensor brush. In the rare circumstance that that doesn't do it, I wet clean using Eclipse (EII) and swabs. I used to use the Copperhill method, but finally decided to bite the bullet and spend the money on the stuff from Visible Dust. My sensor is a full-frame sensor, so I use the larger swabs.

Look at Visible Dust (http://www.visibledust.com/products.php) for a lot more info and equipment. It's good stuff. I did also break down and buy a Sensor Loupe magnifying loup.

SkiDog
12-17-2008, 10:45 AM
My ONLY gripe with my camera is that during the summer months when its really hot & Humid outside, is the camera fogs up when you take it outside after its been in an air-conditioned room. Takes FOREVER to defog.

wpstevenson
12-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Knox, I didn't even consider the nikon line because she already had several canon lens's that would work on the digital canon line. Her birthday was last Friday, so far she loves it. Bought it at cameta.com cameta camera when I called them they put a package together, 10.1 mp xti camra, lens,case, 8g memory, extra battery for $100 less than retail stores where selling just the body and lens. Their web site isn't the best.

I have my 09 x15 sold as soon as I can move there 06 x2 or they trade it in. I think I'm going back to the x2.