PDA

View Full Version : Northeast Reunion

castaway
12-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Hey guys a little change in our North East Reunion plans we are looking to do it July 18th and our 3rd annual wakeboard tournament will be on the 19th. Contact me if you are interested in attending peter.volks@castawaymarina.com We are still working out all the details so if anyone has any suggestions on event please give me your input. Thanks

Jim@BAWS
12-18-2008, 01:20 PM
As of this week my family will be making there annual trek to upstate NY. So our plans are to leave Florida on the 6th and be in attendance for the Reunion/Get together on July 11th.

If I can be of assistance please let me know. Dean Witmer and his wife Suzie will also be there. Anyone have an Extra MasterCraft I can borrow??? HA HA HA. A little far to tow.
Anyway look foward to putting a face on many of the TEAM TALK members.

For any of the others out there. UPSTATE NY IS BEAUTIFUL. I have been boating on Mirror Lake in Lake Placid Area and of course Lake Ontario.

Looking foward to it !!!

Jim@BAWS

Jerseydave
12-18-2008, 10:42 PM
Castaway John, can you post a short list of places to stay on/near the lake and your marina? I'd love to find something lakeside with a dock, if not can I get a slip for the weekend at Castaway?

Let's start a head count.

(4) NJ SKIER (Dave) with my X-star. I'll bring hot dogs and brats for JIM BAWS too :D

JohnE
12-19-2008, 09:19 AM
Sounds like a good time. Sorry I can't make this one.

Jim@BAWS
12-19-2008, 10:32 AM
Castaway John, can you post a short list of places to stay on/near the lake and your marina? I'd love to find something lakeside with a dock, if not can I get a slip for the weekend at Castaway?

Let's start a head count.

(4) NJ SKIER (Dave) with my X-star. I'll bring hot dogs and brats for JIM BAWS too :D I AM HUNGRY NOW

Jim@BAWS

Jim and Mary Jane, John and Robert Tampa FL (NO BOAT) (4)
Dean and Suzi Witmer Henderson NY (NO BOAT ) (2)
Dwight Davidson WaterTown/Henderson NY 2003 MC 280 (4)
Craig Delasin and Family Tampa/Upstate NY 2007 X-2 (4)

Looking foward to it

Jerseydave
12-20-2008, 09:02 PM
Sorry Jim, you'll just have to wait until July! :D

(good things are worth the wait, don't you think?) :)

damaged442
12-22-2008, 08:49 AM
I'm hoping to make it with the wife and my Tristar. I've also got a bud of mine that lives in South Glens Falls who is interested in attending with his 94 Maristar 225 VRS. Is there going to be anyplace designated to put the boats, should those choose to bring them?

BUSSTUFJ
12-22-2008, 08:55 AM
I have always wanted to try Lake George. Count us in, we wll bring our X star as well. Can I get a recomendation on accomodations with protected boat slip?

coz
12-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Can I get a recomendation on accomodations with protected boat slip?

How protected are we talking here?

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06rK5ii4NfgLQ/610x.jpg

:D

Jerseydave
12-22-2008, 01:28 PM
^^^ That'll work! :D

Hopefully castaway John will chime back in with some overnight recommendations. Perhaps he even has extra slips for our boats that weekend? (one for me please John :D)

I've launched at his marina before, very nice and protected in a cove (no-wake zone I believe). Hopefully some of us can overnight at the same spot, preferably on the water.

Jim K, here are some choices for you:

natural casing pork brats
natural casing chicken brats
buffalo chicken sausage
andouille chicken sausage
jerk chicken sausage
pepper & onion chicken sausage
italian style chicken sausage

(anyone hungry now?) :)

Jim@BAWS
12-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Jim K, here are some choices for you:

natural casing pork brats
natural casing chicken brats
buffalo chicken sausage
andouille chicken sausage
jerk chicken sausage
pepper & onion chicken sausage
italian style chicken sausage

(anyone hungry now?) :)

YES TO ALL OF THEM

Jerseydave
01-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Won't you be surprised if I bring them all!

Jim@BAWS
01-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Won't you be surprised if I bring them all!

If you do...I know that i won't be leaving that reunion HUNGRY...I can taste em now.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Jim@BAWS

Covi
01-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Count the Covi's in!

Wife, son, and boat!

Still waiting on those accomadation recomendations? Anyone, anyone?

castaway
01-02-2009, 01:52 PM
I am working on trying to get some discounted hotel rights now but being that its winter it has been tough to get ahold of anyone at the moment . I will let you know as soon as I find anything out. There is also the option of camping out on one of the islands overnight. You can make reservations online at reserveamerica.com or call 1800 456 camp for details. I would recommend Long Island as that is right near the village but you cant really go wrong anywhere there. I believe it is about 24.00 a night to camp(last i knew) and that would include a dock space.

As far as bringing boats we will have areas to keep boats overnight. It will most likely have to be parked on the trailer overnight. We are working on the details of that now as well.

We are in the process of making a web page just fro this event and as soon as it is done I will post the link to it.

As I get more details I will keep you posted. If anyone has any questions at all or if you plan on attending the event please feel free to email at john.davis@castawaymarina.com or call me at 518-743-8433.

castaway
01-02-2009, 02:34 PM
We will also be having our annual wakeboard/wakeskate tournament the same weekend as the reunion. We are thinking of having the reunion on that Saturday and having our tournament on Sunday so that anyone who wanted to participate could and if not you could just spend the day on on Lake George. Any thoughts on that?

Jerseydave
01-02-2009, 10:55 PM
We will also be having our annual wakeboard/wakeskate tournament the same weekend as the reunion. We are thinking of having the reunion on that Saturday and having our tournament on Sunday so that anyone who wanted to participate could and if not you could just spend the day on on Lake George. Any thoughts on that?

Sounds like a good plan, John. Nice to have one day devoted to the reunion, and the other for the comp. I hope to make a 4-day weekend out of it (friday-monday)
I know rooms gets booked up there real early, so whatever you can find out for us would be great. It would be cool if alot of us stayed at the same place (can you say "after-party") ;)

If you have enough trailer space for our rigs, all the better. (of course slips would be more than awesome :D)

Keep those wheels turning! Should be a great event!

Jerseydave
02-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Hey castaway John,

Did you find out any info on lodging? I know, hard to think about it in Feb with all that ice on the lake.

castaway
04-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Hey guys as for lodging we are in the middle of trying to find some places. It is in the middle of the busy season for Lake george and most of the on water places don't have a lot of dock slips. please shoot me an email peter.volks@castawaymarina.com and I can send you a list of local hotels/resorts to stay at. I'm going to setup a page off our website www.castawaymarina.com with details as we progress. Thanks

Jerseydave
04-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Good to see you back castaway!

A bit confused, will the dates be July 11-12 or 18-19? Both were mentioned at the top of thread.

Will you have any dock spaces for us to tie-up overnight? If not, how about leaving boats on their trailers at your marina?

Any other details about the event?

I'll send you an e-mail regarding accomodations.

-Dave

JohnE
04-03-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm confused. If it's 7/11 I can't make it. If it's 7/18 I can be in............

damaged442
04-03-2009, 09:59 AM
So according to the edited first post, the dates have been changed to the 18th-19th. Hopefully, we'll still be able to make it.

Jerseydave
04-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Ahh, now I understand. I didn't realize castaway edited his original post. :cool:

So the date is July 18-19th. I emailed castaway for a list of places to stay, but it would be cool if most of us stayed at the same place, right? (picturing a bunch of people wearing MC stuff at a lounge somewhere talking about wakes and 6 balls) :)

If anyone who knows the area has a suggestion on lodging for all of us, I'm all ears! 8p

castaway
04-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Yes the dates are July 18th-19th we are going to have activities during the day on the 18th with a dinner that night. I was thinking that people should try to get in town that Friday night, I would like to have a pre registration at a local bar so that Saturday morning we can get out on the water early. The 19th is our 3rd annual wakeboard tournament so I'm hoping some of you will join that or else hang out with us all day you can watch from shore or in your boats, its up to you. Right now we are having a hard time finding a resort/hotel that has slips for everyone. Our marina slips are all taken for the summer, but we have plenty of trailer parking at the marina so you will be able to launch and park there. I'm trying to get together a list of places to stay so I will let you know when that is done. I just posted a page on the website http://www.castawaymarina.com/custompage.asp?pg=reunion it’s a work in progress, but I will have a lot more done in the next couple of weeks. Everyone interest please email me with all your contact info so I can start compiling a list. Also any suggestions on events let me know!!!!!

castaway
04-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Hey everyone waiting to hear back from 2 resorts in bolton landing called melody manor and the bonnie view. google them and see what you think they are about 10-11 miles from the marina by boat and a little further by car. Fort William henry is good too, but its not on the water. I'm going on vacation mid next week so I will hopefully have everything up after I get back. Anyone who wishes to attend shoot me an email so I can put you on the list peter.volks@castawaymarina.com

Jerseydave
04-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey everyone! Talked to Peter (castaway) yesterday to get some more feedback from him on lodging. I'm sure he'll chime in after his vacation, but here is a short list.

http://www.surfsideonthelake.com/main.html
^this is where we will be staying, along with some friends from NYC. We'll be keeping the boats at castaway on trailers. Looks like a nice place, but rooms are going fast! I think they have about 5 rooms left with 2 queens, and 5 suites with 3 queens (2 seperate rooms). These are in the brand new building with lakeview.

Other choices:
www.caprivillage.com
www.tikiresort.com (not lakefront)
www.bestwesternlakegeorge.com (not lakefront)

Hopefully I have all this info correct. It would be nice to have a bunch of us staying at surfside. Check it out, but like I said don't wait long........rooms are filling up fast.

-Dave

Jim@BAWS
04-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Room booked at SURFSIDE for Fri and Sat night

Jim@BAWS

Witness140
04-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Surfside looks nice. I see slips in all the pictures, but they don't mention anything about them.....anyone have the scoop on that? Nothing better than having the boat in the water at your hotel.....

Jerseydave
04-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Surfside looks nice. I see slips in all the pictures, but they don't mention anything about them.....anyone have the scoop on that? Nothing better than having the boat in the water at your hotel.....

Those slips are for seasonal slip holders only, so no they don't have slips. Castaway kinda prefers everyone keep their boats on trailers at his marina so we can all assemble at once and leave together sat morning for some fun.

The wakeboard contest will be right near surfside at the village, so might be another reason to stay there for the weekend.
JimBaws at surfside.........oh boy now we know where the party spot is! :D I predict lots of boating/MC stories coming from him that weekend! 8p Can't wait!

Jim@BAWS
04-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Made plane reservations yesterday
Tampa to Syracuse. JETBLUE...1 FREE round trip and 3 $25 DISCOUNTS

I hope that I win LONGEST DISTANCE TRAVELED

Jim@BAWS

Someone needs to contact HACKER in the Rochester Area. I know he would like come over

He slaloms skis...that is along fiberglass plank that attaches to your feet the the boat
goes 35 MPH HA HA HA

Jim@BAWS

castaway
04-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Hey everyone! Talked to Peter (castaway) yesterday to get some more feedback from him on lodging. I'm sure he'll chime in after his vacation, but here is a short list.

^this is where we will be staying, along with some friends from NYC. We'll be keeping the boats at castaway on trailers. Looks like a nice place, but rooms are going fast! I think they have about 5 rooms left with 2 queens, and 5 suites with 3 queens (2 seperate rooms). These are in the brand new building with lakeview.

Other choices:
www.caprivillage.com
www.tikiresort.com (not lakefront)
www.bestwesternlakegeorge.com (not lakefront)

Hopefully I have all this info correct. It would be nice to have a bunch of us staying at surfside. Check it out, but like I said don't wait long........rooms are filling up fast.

-Dave

Dave that is perfect I'm going to put it on the website too later today. If I find more places to stay I will let everyone know. I just got back from vacation so my plan is to have everything buttoned up by Friday with a schedule. For now that is going to be the hotel list.

Everyone that is planning on attending please fire me off all your info via email peter.volks@castawaymarina.com and if you know of anyone else that would be interested in attending please send them my way. Everyone here at the marina is very excited to have this event and we are looking forward to a great weekend.:)

castaway
04-24-2009, 05:57 PM
ok here is the reunion page on our website. I put up some more infor too. http://www.castawaymarina.com/custompage.asp?pg=reunion

Make sure you get a hold of me is you want to attend peter.volks@castawaymarina.com or 518-743-8433 Thanks I'm ready to have a fun filled weekend!!!!!

lazypiper
04-28-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm coming up from Brooklyn I'll be staying at Surf Side with a couple of kids and a friend. Looks like a good pool party is coming together. Dave I'll bring the beer as usual.
I'm bringing a 2001 XStar.

damaged442
04-28-2009, 09:25 PM
I will most likely be towing the boat from Brantingham Lake. I'll see if anyone up that way wants to join. Hopefully, the old Tristar won't get pounded out there on Lake George. I will also be bringing some beer. I'll be picking up some growlers from Middle Ages Brewing Co. in Syracuse, along with some other good stuff. I can't wait...I might even enter this wakeboard tournament. I'm up for a good laugh! It'll be great getting my butt kicked by someone one third my age.

castaway
05-02-2009, 03:11 PM
I just put up a tenative schedule here is the link to the site: http://www.castawaymarina.com/custompage.asp?pg=reunion I got about 35 people signed up so we have a lot more room for more. We would like to have 60 people too. I'm ready to have a blast!!!!

Jim@BAWS
05-02-2009, 04:20 PM
Pete...looking foward to a GREAT EVENT and being able to help out where needed.

Fellow MasterCraft Owners if you are thinking about attending SIGN UP NOW and make reservations. Those Hotels on the lake fill up fast, as there are so many folks planning there summer vacations all around the NE Area. I know when I made mine there where only about 10 rooms left for the weekend. I know that when we planned our last 5 reunions in Tampa many folks waited until the last moment to tell us. I know there will be a few that will wait, and that is cool. But for planning purposes help Pete and his team at Castaway make this a memorable event...sign up today !!!!

Look foward to putting a face w/ some screen names...now where are those brats ???

Jim@BAWS

castaway
05-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Like Jim said rooms are going fast if anyone has any questions about the area please give me a call 518-743-8433 or email peter.volks@castawaymarina.com I know the area very very well as well as the lake. I own a ski and wakeboard school on the lake so I know where all the great spots to ski are!!!!!

ccowell
05-14-2009, 11:23 AM
isn't there some good campgrounds around there too.

Can I bring my 79 S&S, she loves to check out new water and goes where ever she is towd. :D

Jim@BAWS
05-19-2009, 01:18 PM
This thread must have some SPIRITS that we do not know about

Jim@BAWS

SkiDog
05-19-2009, 07:15 PM
This thread must have some SPIRITS that we do not know about

Jim@BAWS

Oh, its got spirits! And demons!:D

Jim@BAWS
05-20-2009, 10:26 AM
NOT MY THREAD NOT MY EVENT !!!!

Please I am doing my best to help a dealer promote and help out w/ his event. It will be a learning experience for both. I can better our reunions by attending others. Pete is asked me to help out and offer some basic input and guidance. I would have loved to have gone to CSM...it was not in the cards.

This really is a shame. Let the event move foward now please!!!

Jim@BAWS

atlfootr
05-20-2009, 11:22 AM
Let the event move foward!!!

Jim@BAWS
I'm all for that Jim ...I hope 'certain others' are as well :rolleyes:
I know it's not your thread or event, but thanks for helping to promote it and represent it!

Have a fun 'n safe trip

Jerseydave
05-21-2009, 10:32 PM
isn't there some good campgrounds around there too.

Can I bring my 79 S&S, she loves to check out new water and goes where ever she is towd. :D

ccowell, bring that 79 S&S! I for one would love to check out some older MC's at this event.
For camping there are a few places in the area, but we liked this one.
http://www.lakegeorgervpark.com/

It's only a few miles from Castaway marina and Lake George village. More like a resort than a campground, lots of ammenities. Hope to see you up there!

castaway
05-22-2009, 12:54 PM
The Lake George RV Park is great. There are a few state camp grounds on the lake and one that is off the lake in Lake George Village they can be found on NYS website. Here is the website for camping on the islands of the lake http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/24474.html Can't wait to meet everyone.

damaged442
05-23-2009, 12:48 AM
Pete, nice talking to you this morning. It's official, we've got at least six of us coming. Jeff's boat is a definite, mine is still a maybe.

ccowell
05-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Ok looks like I have a crew coming for some fun. Now all I have to do is clean up the old MC so she looks pretty. Thanks for all the camping info.

The only thing is we are going to have a boat of single guys...... any ladies coming that are going to need a pull? :D

Jim@BAWS
05-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Ok looks like I have a crew coming for some fun. Now all I have to do is clean up the old MC so she looks pretty. Thanks for all the camping info.

The only thing is we are going to have a boat of single guys...... any ladies coming that are going to need a pull? :D

On Friday night you can PULL MY FINGER !!!!

shepherd
05-27-2009, 03:48 PM
On Friday night you can PULL MY FINGER !!!!

There you go. One certified lesbian who will let you pull her finger! :D

Jim@BAWS
05-27-2009, 04:16 PM
There you go. One certified lesbian who will let you pull her finger! :D

Always have been always will be...That's right this is not that kind of reunion
That only happens in the middle of the USA

Jim@BAWS

castaway
05-30-2009, 05:09 PM
Someone better bring the Ladies!!! I think I might make that a catagory for a prize!! Whoever brings the most ladies gets the prize!!!

ccowell
06-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Do the ladies need to know me? or can I just put up a add on craigslist and can they double for ballast in my boat?

Jim@BAWS
06-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Just got off the phone w/ Pete. Everything is moving foward
Can't wait for FRIDAY NIGHT BRATS WOO HOO

Look foward to meeting everyone. If you have not touched base w/ Pete yet
please do so via email or phone

Jim@BAWS

castaway
06-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Do the ladies need to know me? or can I just put up a add on craigslist and can they double for ballast in my boat?

I don't think we need those type of ladies. Looks like everything is coming along well Can't wait to have a great weekend on the water!! Again to make this a great event if you got friends with MasterCraft or if you see anyone out on the water with a MasterCraft please let them know and send them my way.

SkiDog
06-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Just got off the phone w/ Pete. Everything is moving foward
Can't wait for FRIDAY NIGHT BRATS WOO HOO

Look foward to meeting everyone. If you have not touched base w/ Pete yet
please do so via email or phone

Jim@BAWS

You can't leave! We got a boat to sell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!8p

trickskier
06-11-2009, 10:23 PM
You can't leave! We got a boat to sell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!8p

I bought enough parts from BAWS yesterday to pay for his trip....................;)

JohnE
06-11-2009, 10:31 PM
I bought enough parts from BAWS yesterday to pay for his trip....................;)

Fuel pump, tow rope, and polished underwater gear?:D

trickskier
06-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Fuel pump, tow rope, and polished underwater gear?:D

New style (ALUMINUM) oil bath hub caps, ballast pump impellers, bilge pumps..................8p

Jim@BAWS
06-12-2009, 12:47 AM
New style (ALUMINUM) oil bath hub caps, ballast pump impellers, bilge pumps..................8p

Buy 5 oil bath hubs and 5 yellow impellars and get a FREE 6 inch Cuban from
Larry's

Oh he just missed it. Forgot to tell him about this weeks special

Thanks Rick...see you soon

Jim@BAWS

Jerseydave
06-14-2009, 09:35 AM
So how many do we have coming so far Pete? Care to list a rundown of peeps and where they are coming in from?

Only 5 weeks away..........can't wait! Should be a great reunion!

(I know Jim's mouth must be watering really bad right now thinking about those BRATS!)
YUMMY!;)

SkiDog
06-14-2009, 11:01 AM
So how many do we have coming so far Pete? Care to list a rundown of peeps and where they are coming in from?

Only 5 weeks away..........can't wait! Should be a great reunion!

(I know Jim's mouth must be watering really bad right now thinking about those BRATS!)
YUMMY!;)

------------------

castaway
06-17-2009, 02:39 PM
looks like we got about 35 adults and 8 kids at this point. I would like to get a heck of a lot more. Talked to bunch of our sales and service people so hopefully they will get back to me soon as a lot of people got to see what their plans were that weekend. I think I will get a few last minute people as most of the people in this area will wait to see what is going on that weekend.

castaway
06-17-2009, 02:42 PM
YUMMY!;)

He's so ready for those BRATS!!! I can't wait to see what the fuss is about. :)

Jim@BAWS
06-17-2009, 04:33 PM
He's so ready for those BRATS!!! I can't wait to see what the fuss is about. :)

Just call me for ballast. I just had my daily meatball sandwich at Subway. This Subway
diet is not all that it is cracked up to be. I should switch to Brats !!!

See everyone soon

Jim@BAWS

castaway
07-01-2009, 11:44 AM
17 more days and counting!!! Who's ready for some fun???

Jim@BAWS
07-01-2009, 11:46 AM
17 more days and counting!!! Who's ready for some fun???

What is the count so far?

Jim@BAWS

JohnE
07-01-2009, 11:54 AM
I've said it before - I hope this becomes an annual event. I'll go to it next year.

castaway
07-02-2009, 11:35 AM
still got the same count as before. We have had a ton of rain up here this year and I think its scaring people. We should be all rained out by next week. I just sent out a reminder letter and a email blast. I also emailed most of the northeast dealers so they can tell there customers about the event, I hope some of them pass it on, but I have yet to get a response from them.

Jim@BAWS
07-02-2009, 12:25 PM
There loss our gain

Getting close...looking forward to it

Jim@BAWS

Jerseydave
07-02-2009, 10:48 PM
There loss our gain

Getting close...looking forward to it

Jim@BAWS

Same here. It'll be nice to match-up some faces with names and check out some cool boats.

Hey Peter, shoot me that e-mail and I'll forward it to some MC friends of mine.

-Dave W

castaway
07-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Same here. It'll be nice to match-up some faces with names and check out some cool boats.

Hey Peter, shoot me that e-mail and I'll forward it to some MC friends of mine.

-Dave W

I just sent everyone signed up an email, please forward that to anyone you know. Also if you meet anyone out on the water this holiday weekend let them know, the more people the bigger the party!!! Dave I will give you a call mid next week with an order!!:)

14 more days!!!!

damaged442
07-03-2009, 02:27 PM
We're looking forward to it! I am sick as hell of the rain though! I hope you're right Pete! I'm still in process of trailer refurb, but we'll definitely be there, with or without the boat!

castaway
07-03-2009, 02:36 PM
The rain is Lance's fault. Ever since I hired him it rains everyday!!!
See your their.

P.S. get that trailer done the more boats the better!!!:)

castaway
07-09-2009, 12:53 PM
8 More Days!!!!!!!!!

damaged442
07-14-2009, 10:12 PM
The trailer is done, now I'm cleanin the boat. Hey Pete, do you have any 24" stickers? The pro shop is sold out and I need some stickers for the trailer. It looks too bare.

Any beer requests? I'm going to stop and get some growlers from Middle Ages Brewing Co. here in the Cuse.

castaway
07-15-2009, 02:30 PM
I beieve we are all out of stickers, but let me do some searching to see if I can find some. As for beer the BBQ is a bring your own beer party so its up to you. I like anything like a pale ale or an IPA. See you their!!!!

2 more days!!!

damaged442
07-16-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm hoping to leave Syracuse by 2 pm Friday afternoon at the latest. Is everyone meeting at the marina? Last call for beer requests. I'm going to get some Middle Ages IPA, and I'll see what else they have. Hoping to pick up some Wailing Wench, maybe some X...regardless of what I get, note that it is all good! Can't wait to see everyone. Put in everything ya got for some weather that doesn't suck!!

Jerseydave
07-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Leaving here (Jersey) at noon............see you up there!

JohnE
07-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Looking forward to this thread buzzing with pics come Monday fellas.

damaged442
07-19-2009, 11:13 PM
The wife and I just got back from a fantastic weekend at Lake George! I just want to thank everyone that helped make it all that it was, especially Thalia, Pete, and the rest of the crew at Castaway! It was good to put a few faces with names, and the other way around. I'm going to see what kind of pictures I can get rolling here as soon as I attempt to download the pics off the camera, which somehow no longer seems to be working.

As far as boats go, the oldest was a white with red stripe '72. I heard they might have been the original owners?! Regardless, it was very cool. Next was a blue with blue stripe '79. These guys took a beating out there, and were basically the reason I drove my boat. I figured their ride would be rougher than mine. I had my '89 Tristar, which handled like you think it would in the chop, and I was very thankful on numerous occasions that it's a closed bow! There were a bunch of Maristars from various years, and I'm very thankful to the crew in the MS245 that broke trail through the heavy stuff for me during the poker run! (my flush was beat by 4 kings, oh well) Lastly, there were a bunch of X boats, right down to a 40th anniversary X-Star. It looks good in pics, but way better in person.

Dinner at the Algonquin was great and relaxing, topped off by me winning most of Jim from BAWS' cool MC gear during the trivia session! When ya hang out here, you get to know your MC trivia!! Thanks for making the trip up Jim, and thanks for the stuff!!

Today was the wakeboard tournament, which I actually entered, as um, the oldest rider. Apparently, I took 3rd place in the novice division, as I couldn't stay late enough for the award ceremony. We rode behind a loooooooooooooooaded X2 with the largest wake I have ever hit. So large in fact, that I could not land most of what I threw...the wake was THAT big! It was such a riot! I was ejected from my board 4 times, and I can't remember the last time that has happened. I guess certain individuals, who shall remain nameless, thought it humorous enough that I was the oldest guy in the tourney, being 34, that they felt it necessary for the local Lake George paper to interview me. I can't wait to see how bad THAT turns out!

Needless to say, this weekend was a blast, and I can't wait for next year! If you were there, speak up!! I wanna hear from ya!

BUSSTUFJ
07-20-2009, 08:47 PM
We attended the reunion and had a great time. Thalia, Pete, and the Castaway family went above and beyond to treat us "out of staters" like family. The lake is beautiful, the weather was great and the wakeboard tournament was the best I have ever atteneded for organization and talent.

It was great to see Jim from BAWS and Norm K from Mastercraft. Jim's wife, Mary Jane made a big impression when she skied in the cooler water while expecting!, my Pennsyvlania girls were spoiled by the TN lakes and wore sweatshirts all morning.

The Poker run was a big hit with my wife and kids as their competiive side surfaced. Paige tried to negotiate wild cards with every bartender on the run. Didn't work but was still fun.

The Castaway location is cool and calm and the Lake has quite a bit to do off the water.

We will post pictures!! Make plans to be there next year and keep us all informed.

Great to be part of the Mastercraft family and we enjoy the experiences......

castaway
07-21-2009, 01:54 PM
On behalf of the Castaway Family I want to thank everyone that participated in the reunion and the tournament. We had a blast and it was great to have so many people come from all over, we can't wait till next year.

If you have pictures please throw them up and send them to me I would like to put them on our website. Thanks for a great weekend.

SkiDog
07-21-2009, 04:34 PM
WOW, 1 freakin pic! You yankee's don't know how to use a camera?

Jerseydave
07-21-2009, 04:51 PM
I thought the reunion went extremely well! Thalia, Lonny, Peter, John and the rest of the staff at Castaway did an excellent job! Their marina location is fantastic, in a nice quiet cove not far from the village and many waterfront restaurants.

The poker run was alot of fun (even though damaged442 beat my hand of 4 jacks) :(
We got in some wakeboarding and wakesurfing saturday and sunday, plus some foiling sunday evening. Saturday nights dinner was great as well, with Jim BAWS testing our MC knowledge for some sweet MC stickers and goodies. (and thanks Jim for bringing me 2 green ballast impellers all the way from florida) There were gift bags for all attendees with t-shirts and MC coffee table books too.

I didn't take part in the wakeboard contest, but I heard it was a blast. Maybe next time so I can be the only 40+ contest rider! :)

Anyway, here's a few pics. I didn't take many so hopefully some others will post more.

Jerseydave
07-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Me and my better half at the Algonquin dock

Jerseydave
07-21-2009, 04:54 PM
My 6 year old daughter riding her ski trainer

Jerseydave
07-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Lazypiper's X-star cruisin past one of those beautiful lake homes

Jerseydave
07-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Gotta love those old wood boats.........saw alot of them on the lake

Jerseydave
07-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Last ones.........the Sagamore hotel and vintage tour boat

damaged442
07-21-2009, 06:28 PM
The poker run was alot of fun (even though damaged442 beat my hand of 4 jacks) :(

It wasn't me who had the 4 kings, it was the guy sitting behind me who owned the red and white Maristar225VRS. I had a flush...

I'm working on some pics. My camera is toast. We had 5 boats tied up in front of the Algonquin before dinner and I don't know if it got dropped or stepped on or what, but it no worky. I wanted to get pics of all the boats together at the docks at dinner. Someone's gotta have one of that...please?

SkiDog
07-21-2009, 06:57 PM
Yall's needing to take some lessons from the folks who attend CSM! we can take some pics now!

JohnE
07-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Yall's needing to take some lessons from the folks who attend CSM! we can take some pics now!

Hey Dog, I didn't make the NE reunion. But I hope to next year.

How about you fly in and meet us and we go there and show em how it's done next year? It's only about 4 hours from me.

SkiDog
07-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Hey Dog, I didn't make the NE reunion. But I hope to next year.

How about you fly in and meet us and we go there and show em how it's done next year? It's only about 4 hours from me.

That may work out! We'll see!

ccowell
07-21-2009, 10:19 PM
Who ever said that it was smooth out on the lake is a HUGE lair, but then again we were the four "college" kids who were in the 79' S&S. I think that the boat came totally out of the water at least twice on the way to dinner. Which was great, expect i feel like we got second in every event there.....oldest boat, worst mishap, card hand?

as for pictures the guys in my boat don't have any. We were to busy bouncing around and drinking our PBR :D to even focus a camera let alone know where anything was in our boat. Most of it ended up wet or overboard.

GREAT TIME cant wait till next year and it was great to meet all of you and check out all the great MC boats.

damaged442
07-22-2009, 10:34 PM
Out of the water? Hell bro, I saw ya out of the water twice the first time you drove by us!! I'm surprised your kidneys are still workin! (between the beating, well, and your PBR!) I was gonna leave the Tristar at the dock until I saw you out there. I figured if you guys can take the beating, so can we! How long did you guys stick around for the wakeboard tournament? I would have loved to stick around, but the wife wanted to get rollin after I got back from my run.

damaged442
07-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Here are a few pics. Had to steal these from others...I still need a camera!

damaged442
07-23-2009, 09:58 PM
these are Sunday at the wakeboard tournament

damaged442
07-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Me getting interviewed by the paper and a video guy for being the oldest rider in the tournament...at 34?! The X2 was loooooooooaded! KGB full, 2 more fat sacks next to rear tanks, two sacks up front in the bow, then these two on the floor. Then add six people. HUUUUUGE wake!

damaged442
07-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Norm from the MC factory in the house, talkin some X1. Love the color combo on it, but man it's gotta get hot in the sun! Me tryin to get a ride in. The guys that saved my a$$ in the chop by lettin me follow their MS245. Me answerin all of Jim@BAWS trivia at dinner at the Algonquin!

damaged442
07-23-2009, 10:16 PM
I'll see if I can scrounge up some more!

SkiDog
07-24-2009, 09:27 AM
Nice profile there jimmy! You better lay off the Larry's Deli Cubans pal!:D:D:D

JohnE
07-24-2009, 09:47 AM
Which hotel is that in the pic? Is that where most people stayed?

Thanks for posting the pics.

If Dog makes it next year this thread won't know what hit them.

JohnE
07-24-2009, 09:49 AM
D442, where can I read the interview. You look like you are making some profound comments.:D:D Wise beyond your years.;)

Jim@BAWS
07-24-2009, 11:48 AM
Nice profile there jimmy! You better lay off the Larry's Deli Cubans pal!:D:D:D

Quit comin to Tampa and I will HA HA HA

damaged442
07-24-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure what hotel that was, I don't know anyone that stayed there. We ended up staying with our friends with the 94 Maristar 225 VRS that lived right in Queensbury abour 10 minutes away. I'm waiting to get a phone call from them to see if that article came out today. Hopefully, someone up there will save a few copies for me.

JohnE
07-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Where did most people stay? Or where is a good place to stay on water with docking? Was that hotel where the tourney was based?

Where is everyone that was there? This thread needs some rocking and rolling....

Jerseydave
07-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Where did most people stay? Or where is a good place to stay on water with docking? Was that hotel where the tourney was based?

Where is everyone that was there? This thread needs some rocking and rolling....

John E, we stayed at surfside in the village, as did some other people.

Great place, nice pool, walking distance to everything in town, awesome view but no boat docks however. Next time we will try to find somewhere with docks for those early morning barefoot/wakeboard runs.

damaged442
07-24-2009, 02:37 PM
The people we hung out with most of the time were local. The crew in the MS245 came in from Buffalo, and were going to sleep in the boat, but it poured all night Friday, so they slept in their vehicle...I don't know, just goin off the story they told me. I don't know where a good place to stay with docking would be. The crew at Castaway was nice enough to let me leave my boat in a vacant slip for Saturday night so when we showed up Sunday morning, we didn't have to relaunch. The marina was about a 20 minute boatride from the village, where the tournament was held, and that was at 25 mph. The crew from Castaway just set everything up between the road and sidewalk for the tournament, right next to the docks. The hotel had nothing to do with it, as far as I know. There were the two docks reserved for the MC peoples. Same thing with dinner at the Algonquin, they tried to reserve the dock space and keep us together. During the poker run, it was first come, first serve with the docks. For the most part, there was adequate room, especially when you're only 19' long!

As far as your most important question is concerned, I don't know where everyone else is...several of the people I met do not frequent this forum.

JohnE
07-24-2009, 03:05 PM
John E, we stayed at surfside in the village, as did some other people.

Great place, nice pool, walking distance to everything in town, awesome view but no boat docks however. Next time we will try to find somewhere with docks for those early morning barefoot/wakeboard runs.

Dave, what are the docks in the picture? Day use?? I would like to make it next year if they do it again.

Where did you launch?

As far as early morning runs, I seem to always be a bit fuzzy early morn. at the reunion events.....

Jim@BAWS
07-24-2009, 09:03 PM
It was great to meet so many TT faces for the first time. A special thanks to Jim and Paige (BUSSTUFJ) Jim let us team up with there family for some wakeboarding,skiing and some SKYSKIING by Jim himself after some adjustments to his foil.

Talia, Pete and the whole team organized a great 1st time event for that region. Lake George has alot history. Many old time cottages are on the lake w/ a unique Adirondack flare. Thanks for NJSKIER for the brat fest on Fri PM at Castaway. The weather did not cooperate Fri PM we have dinner in there OLD service dept on picinic tables. Lots of stories shared. Sat we spent the entire day on the lake. Poker run after lunch at the BOAT HOUSE. The Boat House is an old boat storage that you can park your boat UNDER the restaurant. We stopped by 5 different locations on the lake that took about 1.5 hours to get to all of them. Sat PM Talia arranged for a GREAT dinner at the Aloqunin (sp) the oldest restaurant on the lake.

We had to leave Sun to get back to to the other side of the lake. I did speak w/ Talia and Pete about next year getting the town more involved and bring in a PROSTYLE ski show and really WOW the NE. Hope we can do that.

Thanks to all... look forward to next year

Jim Mary Jane, John and Robert from BAWS

Jerseydave
07-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Dave, what are the docks in the picture? Day use?? I would like to make it next year if they do it again.

Where did you launch?

As far as early morning runs, I seem to always be a bit fuzzy early morn. at the reunion events.....

John, those docks are for seasonal slipholders. We launched from Castaway each day, they have a nice ramp and enough trailer parking.

Google "lake george hotels" and you should find places with docks, although not that plentiful it seems. Maybe this one:

http://www.lakegeorge.com/Business561/Website/

-Dave

castaway
07-25-2009, 04:23 PM
There are a lot of places on the lake to stay, but not all of them have docks for guest they usually rent them out for the season. This fall I'm going to make more phone calls to see where we can set up camp for next year. it might be up in the bolton area near the algonquin where the better ski water is.

I'm glad everyone had a good time!!! I posted a slide show on the website www.castawaymarina.com

Bret keep an eye on your mail box I got a copy of the article coming for you. Thanks.

Jim@BAWS
07-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Was scanning TV stations this AM

Great write up and piece on Lake George NBC today show

Saw a Red/ White X-14 about 9:05 AM on the piece

Jim@BAWS

castaway
07-28-2009, 11:25 AM
Yeah that was my 214 with a tower at the Sagamore Resort. The today show was there for a live broadcast. I tried my best to get a hold of the producer with no luck. We were actually wakeboarding during the broadcast out in front of the sagamore, but they did not put us in any of the shots:( oh well it was great for the area!!

Jim@BAWS
07-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Yeah that was my 214 with a tower at the Sagamore Resort. The today show was there for a live broadcast. I tried my best to get a hold of the producer with no luck. We were actually wakeboarding during the broadcast out in front of the sagamore, but they did not put us in any of the shots:( oh well it was great for the area!!

You made the shot...if only for a short time I saw it

Jim@BAWS