PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard suggestions for my Girls

Ski-me
12-05-2008, 01:18 PM
I found a decent price and color for the 3 girls, (ages 7, 10 and 12) but I know nothing about wakeboards themselves. I found a Liquid Force Angel 134 and two different boots. Any opinion on any of these combinations? I'm trying to find the most versitle for all three kids but mainly the older two.

Board is $140 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370124856252

Boot 1 (Liquid Force Girls, size 6-12) - $55 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=200284365828#ebayphotohosting

Boot 2 (Liquid Force Element, size 3-8) - $44 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370123407768#ebayphotohosting

Ski-me
12-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Or a shorter board for same price shipped.

WESSTAR
12-05-2008, 01:28 PM
The board might be a little big for your 7 year old. The angel is a good board my wife had it untill she rode the JETT (it fit her riding style better). Boots are good for price and the wide range of sizing.

dapicatti
12-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Could be a little big for them. 134 should be for an adult up to about 150lb. We started our nieces out with a LF star, 124. It is working well for the 12 year old still. If the board is too big they may have a little trouble. Great deal on the board/setup.

WESSTAR
12-05-2008, 01:29 PM
I would go with the 134 just to fit the 2 older girls and the younger can grow into it.

WESSTAR
12-05-2008, 01:32 PM
My wife is 5'6 and less than 140 and rides the 136 jett. She like the way it handled better in choppy water.

dapicatti
12-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Bigger boards are better in chop. We just have had some really small gals have trouble using our boards, they couldn't get up out of the water. Switched them to a smaller board and it was perfect. Just don't want to frustrate them when you want them to love the sport.

Ski-me
12-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Certainly they all will like the larger, pink board but I don't want to get is so big that they can't use it very well for a few years.

Experience -- The two older ones tried some "random board" from a friend off of the boom this summer.....none of them have been on the rope behind the boat.

As far as the skiing, on the last run of the season, both of the older two dropped a ski and went slalom for several minutes. A nice way to end the season and their confidence. :D

Thanks for everyone's input.

dapicatti
12-05-2008, 01:44 PM
They will do great if they are already skiing. As they say, its easier to get up on a wakeboard, just a different stance. Have you checked wakeside or other online retailers? We got the Star last year for a steal, I want to say less than $100. I think we paid more for the boots- same ones you are looking at- then the board. I would still get the boots. LF is the only manufacturer making women specific boots. They seem to fit smaller gals better. Check around and see if you can find a Star or something similar. With this economy the deals will keep getting better.

Ski-me
12-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Which boots did you get? Although the boot size lists bigger on the pink ones, the white ones look larger in size. Are the pink ones for Kiddie's by chance? Just don't want to get the wrong ones.

dapicatti
12-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Pink ones are girl sizes, black and white are for women- small sizes. We got the element, but a size smaller than they are offering. I think you will be able to find some, or if not get these for the older kids and try to find a cheap pair for the youngest. You just don't want their feet to come out.

X2M
12-05-2008, 05:04 PM
I found a decent price and color for the 3 girls, (ages 7, 10 and 12) but I know nothing about wakeboards themselves. I found a Liquid Force Angel 134 and two different boots. Any opinion on any of these combinations? I'm trying to find the most versitle for all three kids but mainly the older two.

My 11 year old daughter rides a 119 Hydroslide. (Not the coolest board but it was cheap and has worked well for her to learn on.) She started riding it when she was 8 and the board was way to big for her then. When she would fall we would have to flip her over if she ended up in the water tummy down. Not strong enough to flip over on her own. At the time she was an average sized 8 year old. The board is the right size for her now though. We could probably get away with another summer of her on it. Unfortunately we are going to be in the market very soon for a new 'cute' board. I made her a deal a couple of years ago... when she learned to ride so that she could cut back and forth over the wakes and ride for a long time I would buy her a nice wakeboard/binding setup. She can do all of that now.

Your girls are lucky to get a 'cute' board first. I will have to make sure mine don't read about this or I will never hear the end of it.:D

3event
12-05-2008, 05:12 PM
If you haven't seen it yet, hit up

www.boardersbestbuy.com

new deal daily, I see girly gear on there. I haven't paid attn to sizing because our lil' gal is the one of the kids who has no interest in towed sports....yet...

Ski-me
12-05-2008, 05:17 PM
It sounds like the smaller, 130 may be the better fit if they might struggle with it on the rope. Our boat is definitely NOT a wakeboard boat but my kids and "all the cousins" had a blast this last summer. If we call it "all three girl's gift" that helps with each one's individual Christmas budgets. This would be one of the "big" presents.

ps - nice tag line.....just heard something similar 2 wks ago in service.:)

dapicatti
12-05-2008, 05:34 PM
You don't need a "wakeboard Boat" to get started. Look at all the other Brand X boats out there pulling kids every weekend all summer long. Now, if you want a great boat you buy a MC. I love the 3 girls gift. Get the 130, you can always take the littlest one on the shortest rides if they struggle. It's better to have one to grow into than outgrow. Good luck! We want to see pics of the big unveiling at Christmas. It will be the biggest present under the tree for sure.

Ski-me
12-05-2008, 05:43 PM
It'll be the biggest unless I get the HO Nitro for my wife! Still debating on that one.

dapicatti.....maybe we'll bump into you next summer on Hayden. We try and stay at least a month up there each year. Just a blast!

ps - our boat is the 94' 205....pretty much a ski wake but I guess if we get a lot of kids in the back, it'll work!