PDA

View Full Version : Any 2007 X-Star owner regrets?

conway400
12-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Looks like a great upgrade for me. What do you guys and gals think that have personal experience with the 2007? Thanks in advance!

SaltwaterMC
12-02-2008, 09:32 AM
AWESOME BOAT! You should buy my 2007 Saltwater X-Star. It's perfect and has tons of options.

SaltwaterMC
12-02-2008, 09:39 AM
The only issue I had with the boat is when MC had not yet made tower braces that would fit an X-Star as I had already had the header on my tower crack at the welds. However, they replaced the header under warranty and designed braces that fit the X-Star so they resolved the issue. Other than that, I have had no problems other than minor things like a light bulb going out, a gauge face cracking, etc. All of which have been taken care of. Seriously it's an incredible boat.

conway400
12-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Thanks! How is the ride in rougher water? (Obviously, I will spend some time in one before I commit, but that is important to me this time around.)

How is the skiing? Not competition/buoy stuff, but some aggressive skiing?

jaysus
12-02-2008, 10:53 AM
If you like to get air when you cross the wake the Xstar is great! The XStar is designed for wakeboarding. Additional activities include surfing and death tubing. If you want a crossover look at an X2 or an X15, although the 15 is more of a core boarding boat, with an attitude plate it's ski-able.

SaltwaterMC
12-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Rough water ride is decent. Mine is used exclusively in Tampa Bay and it can get pretty choppy here. It does well but you have to know when to stay home. I don't know what kind of rough water you are talking about but anything on most lakes would not be an issue. As far as skiing, it is not the right boat. But if you want to talk wakeboarding... different story. Come check mine out, we will find some rough water for you!

gstew
12-02-2008, 11:08 AM
I have an 07 also and it has been a great boat. Had to have the fuel pump changed and new converters put on it that's about it. No regrets at all.

And it is for sale as well!

ChicagoX55
12-02-2008, 11:12 AM
SaltwaterMC and gstew. . .Why are you guys selling your boats? Just curious if you dont mind me asking?

BUSSTUFJ
12-02-2008, 11:15 AM
The X Star is a great boat. The hull is unsurpassed for wake ramp and height. The layout of the boat is nice and stirage is best in class. I think it the best boat money can buy.

SaltwaterMC
12-02-2008, 02:12 PM
ChicagoX55,

I am moving in to a 40th Anniversary X-Star so the '07 has to go.

gstew
12-02-2008, 02:13 PM
We have put 510 hours on our 07 and selling it to get into an 09.

Ole Miss Rebels
12-02-2008, 02:21 PM
i have owned an '05 and an '08 xstar. if my current boat burned up tomorrow i would replace it with an '09 xstar. the wake is simply unmatched for wakeboarding (beginners or pro). skiing is barely acceptable and only for recreational use. death-toobing however is a really functional use. surfing is moderate to good but not exceptional. storage is excellent. "wow" factor is off the scale. bow seating is exceptional. cabin seating is a little small for a 22.5' boat. handling is average to slightly better. handles chop well in my small (4700 acre) home lake. comfort is good, freeboard is plenty high enough. visibility is good. locked-onto the water feeling when driving is very good (holds a straight line very well). distance down from the sundeck to the platform is an easy step. platform is always just above water with stock ballast plus 6 people. never a need for hydraulic steering even with L18 (big block). they are noisy if you don't get the silent-master muffler option. get the Z5 Cargo Bimini for better coverage and have the fly high 2500 lb. balast system installed (integrated). stock stereo is excellent in the cabin. you can do a lot better on the tower with wetsounds for probably even less money. get the heater, hot shower, transome remote, bow ladder. Not sure is PP is still standard but get the best cruise control system they offer (do not get Master Cruise if it is standard). consider the heated drivers seat. i got the L18 and love it. once it got broken in it runs surprisingly smoothly (not near as smoothly however as my MCX in my 05). make sure to get the right prop 14.75 X 15.5 OJ (a real stump-puller).

corey
12-02-2008, 03:12 PM
I regret not buying it!!! Our 07' X-Star was by far my favorite, it had the LY6 and I swear it had more power than any other LY6 I've ever driven, maybe it was a magical calibration or something but man that was an awesome ride.

wakeX2wake
12-02-2008, 05:20 PM
I regret not buying it!!! Our 07' X-Star was by far my favorite, it had the LY6 and I swear it had more power than any other LY6 I've ever driven, maybe it was a magical calibration or something but man that was an awesome ride.

that's a mean looking star... not the biggest fan of black boats but that one is sharp

ridesdirt
12-02-2008, 09:25 PM
I agree with everything above, my only regret is that I should have bought it sooner.

One note on the tower braces, you must have them, no questions asked. IMO the factory tower speakers are fine.

dapicatti
12-03-2008, 11:31 AM
No regrets, echo the fact that I should have bought one sooner, but my first MC was a 2006 X2 and we weren't sure that we really needed the X star. Minor problems have all been addressed by the dealer, no issues unresolved. You need the tower braces, no question, no other option.
Our boat does well in chop, but not big swells. We got caught in big swells and it wasn't fun. Would definately not have put in if they were that bad, but we had a tough time bringing it in just because of the weather.

Jerseydave
12-03-2008, 08:46 PM
that's a mean looking star... not the biggest fan of black boats but that one is sharp

Black is beautiful!!!

Jerseydave
12-03-2008, 08:47 PM
^^^^LOVE MY X-STAR!!!^^^^

Go get one! :D

dapicatti
12-03-2008, 09:13 PM
How can you go wrong with any X star?

craig3972
12-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Maybe go on Themalibucrew or Tige Owners.com to get some unbiased opinions :D