PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an opinion on the puck mount transducers??

azthunder
12-01-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm wanting to put a nice dash mount depth finder on my Maristar 225V. Don't really like the thought of drilling through my transom for that type of mount. I know it's normal procedure, but I'm picky about it. So does anyone know how well the hull mount puck transducers work? Seems to be a much cleaner and non-obtrusive job. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

JohnnyB
12-01-2008, 06:55 PM
The thru-hull transducers are used standard on MCs. Typically, there is a place to mount them already set up inside the hull in cases where one does not exist. They epoxy in place and work well. I put an aftermarket one in my Prostar 190 and it worked well.

Hopefully someone will chime in as to where is the best place to put the thru-hull transducer in your Maristar 225.

You do not want to hassle with one externally mounted for many reasons.....

TMCNo1
12-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Here are a bunch of threads discussing shoot thru hull transducers, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/search.php?searchid=1510951

bturner2
12-02-2008, 08:29 AM
I had a 95 200VRS and mounted my transducer on the oppisite side of the engine water pickup (same location just on the right side of the hull). Worked great there for the 8 years I had the boat.

east tx skier
12-02-2008, 10:46 PM
The thru-hull transducers mounted in the bilge with epoxy are pretty standard and work fine if mounted properly.

azthunder
12-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback fellas! I think I'll get me one. I'm gonna remove the in-dash clock and replace it with the depth finder. Who worries about the time when your on the lake anyways!?