PDA

View Full Version : Car Guys, Here's One 4 Ya!

coz
11-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Saw this on another board and thought I'd share it with all you car buffs here, you might get a kick out of this http://www.mustangforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=368307 :D

RexDog1
11-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Why would someone be into cars? they are a waste of money :noface:

Thanks for the link

dummy
12-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Sweet Jesus, that's a joke, right?

Something tells me this one is gonna make it into an episode of Mythbusters.

Mag_Red
12-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Has to be a joke..............I think it's funny that there is a Corvette ad at the bottom of each page.:D

454Prostar190
12-01-2008, 10:52 AM
I think it's a joke as it's hard to imagine someone being that stupid! Didn't I read "I wanna go fast but, I don't know how?" Probably a troll post.

sizzler
12-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Thats got to be a joke.....like someone trolling the face cream forums or something

RexDog1
12-01-2008, 11:33 AM
It’s a joke???? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_2v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYMNUS) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_2v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYMNUS)................... ................ ;)

Mag_Red
12-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Thats got to be a joke.....like someone trolling the face cream forums or somethingNow who would do that??????????????????

coz
12-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Why would someone be into cars? they are a waste of money :noface:

Thanks for the link

RD, let's see the orange Z, I like those :headbang:

Sodar
12-01-2008, 07:37 PM
A post for Steve: http://www.mustangforums.com/forum/4127751-post52.html

RexDog1
12-01-2008, 08:24 PM
RD, let's see the orange Z, I like those :headbang:

Well this is the last photo I have of it …. My son and I have been taking it apart to do a frame off resto; it will take us about 5/7 years to finish it: it will look stock but it will have a sub frame with a 572 in it :D…..The plan is…???…:confused:…..for it to be my son’s when we finish, but????? We will see???? :rolleyes:

Oh and the red cup…? we were at a car show with a cruise course 5mph

trickskier
12-01-2008, 08:31 PM
If that story is true, the moron shouldn't be allowed to have a drivers license.

uawaterskier
12-01-2008, 08:42 PM
that puts epic fail on a whole new level

coz
12-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Well this is the last photo I have of it …. My son and I have been taking it apart to do a frame off resto; it will take us about 5/7 years to finish it: it will look stock but it will have a sub frame with a 572 in it …..The plan is…???……..for it to be my son’s when we finish, but????? We will see????

:headbang:http://media.bigoo.ws/content/gif/expression/expression_9.gif:headbang:
Can't wait to see it in 7 years :confused:

trickskier
12-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Well this is the last photo I have of it …. My son and I have been taking it apart to do a frame off resto; it will take us about 5/7 years to finish it: it will look stock but it will have a sub frame with a 572 in it :D…..The plan is…???…:confused:…..for it to be my son’s when we finish, but????? We will see???? :rolleyes:

Knowing you, I'm sure it will be "Perfect" when you finish it...........Why are you going to a Big Block??? Why not go to a Fuel Injected Small Block??? Just Asking???

Sodar
12-01-2008, 09:48 PM
When I winterized my boat, I did the same thing. I figured leaving water in the crankcase AND the block, while driving it to UMP's place for the winter would be just the medicine she needed.

Cool sh!t, Jon! I would love to do something like that, but I need to find the room to do it. Someday, when I am as old as Tricky, I hope to have the means for something like that! :D

trickskier
12-01-2008, 09:53 PM
When I winterized my boat, I did the same thing. I figured leaving water in the crankcase AND the block, while driving it to UMP's place for the winter would be just the medicine she needed.

Cool sh!t, Jon! I would love to do something like that, but I need to find the room to do it. Someday, when I am as old as Tricky, I hope to have the means for something like that! :D

Funny Very Funny...............8p

RexDog1
12-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Knowing you, I'm sure it will be "Perfect" when you finish it...........Why are you going to a Big Block??? Why not go to a Fuel Injected Small Block??? Just Asking???

I would LOVE to go with EFI, so easy to tune!!!!!!:D EFI is hard to make it look clean in the engine bay,:twocents:

MHO a 69 with EFI?? Looks odd :(

Workin' 4 Toys
12-01-2008, 11:58 PM
MHO a 69 with EFI?? Looks odd :( With that said, I hope my LS3 looks really odd to you....;)

I don't know why there is so much hatin' going on with that persons post, just because they buy a car, doesn't mean they know how to work on it. Oh well, glad I don't frequent that site, too much hatin' going on.

Toober Tom
12-02-2008, 01:37 AM
What a dummy, everybody knows you shouldn't use water in a engine block......
If it freezes it will crack the block, he should have used antifreeze!

trickskier
12-02-2008, 07:29 AM
What a dummy, everybody knows you shouldn't use water in a engine block......
If it freezes it will crack the block, he should have used antifreeze!

So Tom, do you use regular or extended life antifreeze??? :rolleyes:

RexDog1
12-02-2008, 10:53 AM
With that said, I hope my LS3 looks really odd to you....;)

I don't know why there is so much hatin' going on with that persons post, just because they buy a car, doesn't mean they know how to work on it. Oh well, glad I don't frequent that site, too much hatin' going on.

Hay ….. !!!!:D

Your LS3 will be cool with me!! :D Because I know how much work you will have in the car, that is why I have cut back on taking the cars to car shows… everybody has an option on your car…. they would have done this….. “And why did you do that”? “And you know that is not stock?” sometimes I would like to say “LOOK JACK HOLE is this car? And who asked you”? You know option are like a$$ holes, everybody has one, and I would never offend you on your pick in power plant, sorry if I did my friend, that is up to you and that is why I love cars!!! They all are deferent!!! car shows would be very boring if all the cars where the same……………………. Sorry Toys, if I offended you……..:(

Jon

I also agree with you on all the hate on TT

mrprostar
12-02-2008, 11:20 AM
RD- I'm working on my 69 right now. Its pretty much torn down to nothing, but needs a lot more work than yours. Is that a stock Z or a clone? I'm also going for the stock look outside (ride height and rallys, etc.) but I'm going for more of a pro touring performance goal. Do you have a budget or are you just going for it?

RexDog1
12-02-2008, 12:08 PM
RD- I'm working on my 69 right now. Its pretty much torn down to nothing, but needs a lot more work than yours. Is that a stock Z or a clone? I'm also going for the stock look outside (ride height and rallys, etc.) but I'm going for more of a pro touring performance goal. Do you have a budget or are you just going for it?

It is a 69 Z28 I do have the number matching block it was blown up back in the 80’s I have ¼ of the car torn down, I take a CHIT load of photos and have a laptop just for the car, make notes and all the parts Good, Bad, Replace…….. Then box them up. I have done 4 cars this way, and it works for me, keeps my head straight, it is driving my son crazy how slow it is going, but he will know every part of the car and how it works. Hummmm?:rolleyes: A budget????:rolleyes: Well I have finished 8 cars everything from VW Bugs to 33 Ford and I start with a budget… and the double it ……:(…………….I do everything but paint and interior upholstery, that saves a lot of money, and I know it is done right…. Well it is done my way, I hate having my car sitting in someone’s shop weighting for him to work on it?? We all have heard the stories about car shops, the 69 will sit a little lower than stock, the body will be stock so I can but it back to stock if I would like? and put back in the 302 with cross ram would be cool !!! when did you start working on your car?

mrprostar
12-02-2008, 01:22 PM
I bought mine when I was 15 and drove it through high school and college. I made a couple trips back and forth from Albuquerque to Chicago in it, which was awesome but kind of stressful. I started tearing it down about a year ago and it sits in my garage now with just the rear end and rear tires on the body and the subframe/engine/tranny behind it. I should probably take it from someone with experience to be more detailed when it comes to labeling and boxing stuff. I have tried to keep major peices together until I can work on them. Like each side of the suspension stays together as much as possible but still remove it from the frame. Over the past ten years I think I have worked on just about every componet of it, so I have a pretty good understanding of it all, besides manuals are amazing information. I'm hoping to spend less than $20K and be done by 2013. Probably would be good to double it and not tell the wife.

mrprostar
12-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Needs an immense amount of body work and totally new interior. Very solid frame and runs like a champ. It would probably be more cost effective to dump it and buy a Dynacorn body, but its got sentamental value as my first car and I love to do the work.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-03-2008, 12:31 AM
Hay ….. !!!!

Your LS3 will be cool with me!! :D Because I know how much work you will have in the car, that is why I have cut back on taking the cars to car shows… everybody has an option on your car…. they would have done this….. “And why did you do that”? “And you know that is not stock?” sometimes I would like to say “LOOK JACK HOLE is this car? And who asked you”? You know option are like a$$ holes, everybody has one, and I would never offend you on your pick in power plant, sorry if I did my friend, that is up to you and that is why I love cars!!! They all are deferent!!! car shows would be very boring if all the cars where the same……………………. Sorry Toys, if I offended you……..:(

Jon

I also agree with you on all the hate on TT

Never offended.:cool: The LS3 is not set in stone yet, but is the front runner for the project since I want one naturally aspirated car. Saving the Blower for the 572 chevelle, and the turbo for the "little motor" car ;)

Workin' 4 Toys
12-03-2008, 12:36 AM
mrprostar- Looks like fun. Enjoy.:cool:

flyingskibiker
12-03-2008, 04:10 AM
We are and have lived a very similar life, as far as Camaro ownership. I've had my '68 SS since I was 17. I have the motor appart (again). It is a '66 427/425 that came w/ the car when I bought it. I have all the parts for a refreshing the exterior of car - chrome, glass, bezels, lights, etc. The plan (has always been) is to take it all the way down to the frame and go from there. The suspension is already complete. The body is perfect. There is some minor rust which I will repair. I will redo the wiring and interior, as well. If I could just finish my motorcycle, I could get (re)started on the Camaro...

I bought mine when I was 15 and drove it through high school and college. I made a couple trips back and forth from Albuquerque to Chicago in it, which was awesome but kind of stressful. I started tearing it down about a year ago and it sits in my garage now with just the rear end and rear tires on the body and the subframe/engine/tranny behind it. I should probably take it from someone with experience to be more detailed when it comes to labeling and boxing stuff. I have tried to keep major peices together until I can work on them. Like each side of the suspension stays together as much as possible but still remove it from the frame. Over the past ten years I think I have worked on just about every componet of it, so I have a pretty good understanding of it all, besides manuals are amazing information. I'm hoping to spend less than $20K and be done by 2013. Probably would be good to double it and not tell the wife.

454Prostar190
12-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Those '69 Camaros are always going to be fun! I am a Mopar guy at heart but, a few years ago I found a numbers matching '70 Firebird Formula 400 4 speed for sale that hadn't been started in about 5yrs. I got it for $1000, bought a new battery, 5 gallons of new premium gas and she fired up! Bucked and kicked (no knocks) for about 15 minutes, blew some black smoke then the smoke cleared up! Pontiac WT block, #13 Ram Air III heads, Edelbrock, Holley, Hooker headers and mufflers, MSD 6A, Accel distributor, Muncie M-21 and it's one of the few Firebirds that came with a factory 12 bolt GM differential with the optional 3.90:1 gears. It has the cool Ram Air hood and the low back buckets. This car will roast the tires until you decide to stop and will pull a San Francisco hill in 3rd gear and it still has the original spark plugs from when I bought it! The low end torque is unbelievable. Anyways, it has some rust issues as it is a SF car, a clutch:D and is a future project... that keeps getting pushed back:(. Reading about your Camaro projects got me thinking that maybe one day......

RexDog1
12-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Wow it looks like we have 4 cars that TTers are working on!!!! Cool:cool:
Mrprostar look nice!!!! Good luck, it will take some time, but keep it up!!! :D