PDA

View Full Version : for those of you in houston

rodltg2
05-09-2005, 09:06 PM
http://www.badpanda.com

i would love this oppurtunity here!

c640947
05-09-2005, 09:24 PM
I haven't ridden out there yet but there is a guy in our local organization that rides daily that I think has an 02 x-star...... I have heard it is nice and deep and decent for wakeboarding.

milkmania
05-10-2005, 12:16 AM
I really like that lake setup!

but if I paid $115,000 for land, I'd have to live in my boat:o

They should have named that lake "Three Fingers":headbang:

http://badpanda.com/db5/00418/badpanda.com/_uimages/Loklots.jpg

Leroy
05-10-2005, 01:18 AM
That would be a dream and only 115k for a lot, but probably house restriction of 3000 sq ft or something, meaning another $250k or so.

erkoehler
05-10-2005, 01:33 AM
I wonder what the restrictions are on boat use? If everyone has there boat out at the same time, or even half the boats out it will be pretty busy.

Ric
05-10-2005, 11:00 AM
Haven't been out there Rod but the more ski lakes the better!

I actually heard there were no turn islands there. I didnt hear anything more than that about the skiing there.

That developer does alot of ski communities around here.
www.lsfdev.com

east tx skier
05-10-2005, 11:05 AM
From some people with whom I've spoken, if the set up is long enough, turn islands can be more trouble than they're worth. Especially when a lot of people are dropping at each end.

From my experience, the shorter the set up, the more I miss having a turn island.

GOOD TIMES
05-10-2005, 12:29 PM
Rod,

Thanks for the info, I have been searching for homes in the Katy and Houston area and did not know about this lake front property. I am planning on swinging by there today and taking a look.

Pete
05 X-45

P.S. My official first post, great website!! :dance:

sizzler
05-10-2005, 12:34 PM
welcome aboard....enjoy :friday:

east tx skier
05-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Welcome, GT. Where in Houston are you?

G-man
05-10-2005, 12:54 PM
Good Times

I have a lot at another one of LSFdev sites. I can tell you your X-45 would not be welcome. Generally wakeboard boats aren't welcome because of the erosion and handling issues. We have two v-drives in our development the rest are direct drives. The lakes are shallow 6-7 feet. When you start weighting down a boat in shallow water it doesn't produce the same size wake as it would in deeper water. The main reason for no turn islands is they are a constant maintenance item. We have one and we have had to fortify it's shoreline with pavestone and rip rack rock. If have any specific questions please ask away.

GOOD TIMES
05-10-2005, 01:51 PM
Good to know George, Thanks! If the X-45 is not welcome then the search will continue. :steering:

East TX, I am located in West Houston close to Beltway 8 and I-10 area. This will be my first MC and I cannot wait. Date of delivery is May 21.

Pete
X-45

Ric
05-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Welcome GT, congrats on the new boat! We expect pics on the newbie thread as soon as you get it!

George, I thought they were allowing vdrives at lakes of katy? no?

rodltg2
05-10-2005, 02:07 PM
i wish someone ( not me ) would develop something like that here in northern cal. there is shortline lake but only six houses 1mil+ .

G-man
05-10-2005, 03:00 PM
Ric

They probably allow v-drives at lakes of katy, what I don't think they would approve a boat 24 ft in length. LSF does not allow v-drives and at Princeton we have 2. The owners of these don't use more than factory ballast. It's a good thing because of the shorelines. In four years of use by the end of the season we will be doing major shoreline repairs. Estimated $30,000

Ric
05-10-2005, 03:10 PM
makes sense on the boat size.

yikes on that shorline repair!!

land and construction is one cost and taxes are another but what kinda annual fees do property owners incurr on a private ski community. Stop me if I'm out of line for asking publicly, but I'm sure it's something all of us non-owners have pondered.

G-man
05-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Our dues are $900. per year, inexpensive compared to some ski develpments. If the shoreline repair happens this year there will be an additional assessment. Insurance is a major expense along with maintenace of the common grounds and lakes. Lago doesn't have as much common grounds as us and they choose to insure their property different than how we do it.

Ric
05-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Our dues are $900. per year, inexpensive compared to some ski develpments. If the shoreline repair happens this year there will be an additional assessment. Insurance is a major expense along with maintenace of the common grounds and lakes. Lago doesn't have as much common grounds as us and they choose to insure their property different than how we do it.
Doesn't sound too bad at all. (does the county assesor hit you guys pretty hard on assessed values as well?)

can you guys ski as early and as late as you like?

how many homes are on each lake at this time?

G-man
05-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Tax values are out of line, not even close to the sales price of the last 6 resales.

Ski sunup to sundown

14 homes with 2 more under construction 59 total waterfront lots on 4 lakes, all lakes interconnected, rarely do I have to wait to ski.

Sean
05-10-2005, 05:21 PM
GoodTimes

I can assure you though, that wakeboarding is not what erodes the shorelines at Princeton Lakes. I am one of the home owners, as well as a V-Drive owner at PL, and it has to deal with the slope of the shorlines, and the amount of vegitation that leads to the erosion issues. A 24 foot boat would be a bit much, but my 21 foot 8 inch boat handles these lakes just fine. Oh and by the way, I am a friend of Georges, so he wont take this personnel.

Sean

Ric
05-10-2005, 06:08 PM
GoodTimes

I can assure you though, that wakeboarding is not what erodes the shorelines at Princeton Lakes. I am one of the home owners, as well as a V-Drive owner at PL, and it has to deal with the slope of the shorlines, and the amount of vegitation that leads to the erosion issues. A 24 foot boat would be a bit much, but my 21 foot 8 inch boat handles these lakes just fine. Oh and by the way, I am a friend of Georges, so he wont take this personnel.

Sean
Welcome Sean
I was hoping I wouldn't have to call personnel

G-man
05-10-2005, 06:15 PM
boy I'm glad personnel wasn't called either, it can be hard to get a job.
Please note I never said wakeboard boats cause erosion. I said we have 2 v-drives and they only use factory ballast. Erosion is a fact of life on any body of water. A developer that tells you different - run.

c640947
05-10-2005, 07:15 PM
GT - you must be Adam's friend. He told me about your new ride - sounds awesome. You gotta make it up to Kingwood with us sometime to board. Check out the local wakeboarding website too - http://www.gcwa.com

Look forward to meeting you.

Andrew

Sean
05-11-2005, 09:17 AM
Ooops.. Sorry I guess I lost the spelling "B". I didn't realizeI was dealing with PHD's in Spelling ;-) Just Kidding!!! George I know you didnt say that the wakeboard boats were causing the issue we have on the shorelines, I just needed to state it :)

Sean