PDA

View Full Version : Seat Skins???

DrNautica
05-09-2005, 12:44 AM
I am looking for a rear seat skin for an '89 Tristar closed bow. Does anyone have any suggestions? I imagine I could contact the factory but was wondering if anyone knew of another source. If it is factory only, how and who should I contact?

erkoehler
05-09-2005, 12:46 AM
Alot of people have been trying to call many different dealers to try to located the necessary skins.

6ballsisall
05-09-2005, 12:47 AM
Pretty sure at this point you are going to have to get them made at a local shop. Don't think MC is making that year any longer.

erkoehler
05-09-2005, 12:48 AM
does anybody know the exact cutoff dates?

6ballsisall
05-09-2005, 12:57 AM
MC made an announcement that Jan 1, 2005 was the cutoff but a few people have been able to snag some after that date. I am wandering if the MC date was "last order date"

erkoehler
05-09-2005, 12:58 AM
I'm sorry, the cutoff of which skins they will no longer make?

scott88prostar
05-09-2005, 08:43 AM
I spoke to Craig (mastercraft manager of upholstery) last week he said they could still do the older boats until the material runs out....but you need to order thru a dealer...I purchased mine thru Bennetts.

DrNautica
05-17-2005, 08:11 PM
Thought I'd pass this on. I contacted our local MC dealer and inquired about having the seat skins made. He in turn contacted MC and they said they could no longer make them. :(

I guess I'll go with a local upholstery shop.

FYI...

PE4ME
05-17-2005, 11:19 PM
Doc-
Contact Jim at Bay Area Watersports in Florida- The guy is great to work with and takes the time. I got a complete set for a 94. (89?)I dont believe I got the same story from any dealer...pricing was all different and the "claimed" ability to get the skins/material was also different. One thing you will need if they can get them, is your VIN so they can run colors etc...
If all else fails:
Get a name from the boat dealers of a trusted business, take your material to local upholstery shop and have them match it up.
more than you wanted to know:
If I didnt have to do the entire boat, I would have done it locally for much less.
When the time comes pull you skin off, check your foam- some I had to replace(cut with electric knife, 1/2 bigger than wood/plastic base) some you good steam and they would expand back to original size.