PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk about X-2 Options

Witness140
11-21-2008, 01:44 AM
Looking for some input on the listed options for a new X-2. Trying to finalize my list in case I decide to go new instead of used.

Would love to hear input, first hand experiences, and opinions on:

LY6 vs MCX. I think for all the X-2's I've looked at online, to date I have only seen 2 with the LY6. Whats the deal there? Is the LY6 not a good powerplant for the 2?

Walk-thru observer seat. Seems that when the boys are out skiing or boarding, to have a more traditional ski boat seating arrangement might be beneficial. I'm wondering - is it sturdy? How does it attach / detach? Where does it store? Is it 2 pieces or 1?

Bow Filler Cushion. I have 4 kids - all under age 6. I had the bow filler in the 197, and never even put it in the boat. Is the filler at all useful for adults? Is it a 'must have?'

Shower Had one in a 197, but hardly used it. Our season seems to go directly from shorts and a life vest to drysuits. Is the shower accessible - easily? Do those of you with the shower actually use and like it?

Platform Ladder First off - is it even available for a teak platform? Second - will the platform fold down with the ladder option? With my kids, sometimes the little ones have a hard time pulling themselves out of the water - anyone out there in a similar situation done the ladder option?

Extreme Tower Mirror With the standard mirror on my 197 I always wished it was a little wider. Is the extreme mirror functional?

2 Tower Speakers vs 4 Tower Speakers Ok, I've decided I need at least 2. Are they actually audible behind the boat? Talk to me about the real benefits of dropping another couple thousand on 2 more. Our lake is pretty narrow, and if 4 speakers would barely be audible to me - while being really audible to those on shore, I'm not sure.....

Wet Sounds vs MC speakers Anyone have pics of a late model X2 with WetSounds? I've heard they are much better audio wise than the stock speakers - but I'm not a big fan of their aesthetics - opinions?

Integrated Tower Lights Ok - how useful are these things? What do you guys use them for? I've seen some boats with standard tower speaker cans in the 2 center positions - and 2 fwd lights in the outboard stations. Why would I go with independent lights on the outboards vs going with integrated speaker lights?

Rear facing light bar Skiing after dark here isn't even legal - and even if we were to maybe....ummm... do it anyways......illuminating the activity for all the neighbors to see.....not so sure. So - any other practical application to these lights?

Transom remote Had one in my last 197. It never got used - except when the kids were messing with me. On the 197 it is tucked underneath the rail a bit, and the platform is pretty small - for those that have it on the bigger boats - do you use it?

Any other X2 advice from those of you who have done it - and would like to pass on words of wisdom like "if I had to buy this boat all over again, I would or wouldnt......"

Thanks in advance!

Eagle
11-21-2008, 02:18 AM
I have an 05 X-2 which is not the same boat. But I still have opinions :)

- LY6 vs MCX. I don't think a boat the size of the X-2 needs an LY6. The X-2 is only 20'. Most X-Stars, in fact, only have an MCX. With the X-2, the debate is usually RTP vs MCX. I'd go MCX.

- Walk-thru observer seat. Dunno.

- Bow Filler Cushion. I'd pass. I'd never use it.

- Shower. My X-2 has one. I rarely use it but when we do, it's heaven. There's a window in the season when we are in trunks and heater tops, not quite drysuit time, but pretty chilly in the water. This year that was much of September into early October. And a corresponding time in the Spring. A hot shower just after coming out of the water was fantastic and in big demand. I'd get it again.

- Platform ladder. Dunno, I'd pass.

- Extreme Tower Mirror. My boat came with the standard mirror and I switched to the extreme mirror. It's great and I wouldn't go back. Definitely worth it. You can really see what's happening with the rider/skier behind.

- 2 Tower Speakers vs 4 Tower Speakers. I've got 4 JL Audio speakers and 3 amps. Yes, we can hear the sound behind the boat. I've heard great things about the WetSounds but haven't heard them and I really wanted to stick with the MC look. I also don't particularly care for the aesthetics of the WetSounds or NVS speakers. Mike of MCOC was my audio guru.

- Integrated Tower Lights. I got them, plus rear facing separate lights. And almost never use them. Would I get them again? They look cool but not sure they are worth the $.

- Rear facing light bar. We don't go out after dark much so I'd pass.

- Transom remote. I can't see that I'd ever use it.

- Other stuff. The heater is mandatory, and if the seat heater is available, I'd get it too. Depth finder is nice. Pop up cleats for sure. Dual batteries, especially if you get a nice stereo. iPod connector for sure. Binding blaster -- no way.

kgrove
11-21-2008, 02:24 AM
I can throw in my opinion... my boat is an X15, not X2, but many of my comments are still relevant.

Bow filler: I also have young kids (3 between 4 and 10 yrs). The youngsters get sleepy after a few hours on the boat and in the sun and the bow filler makes a good place for them to crash while the rest of us still have fun... just cover them with a towel. I leave it in most of the time. I'd rank it as a must have if you are out with youngsters alot.

MCX: I have the MCX on my X15 and it is plenty powerful.

Tower speakers: They are audible behind the boat. I'm sure 4 would be better than 2, but what I like about having only 2 is the headroom. The speakers hang low enough that 6 footers can bang their head on the middle speakers. For less money than the extra 2 speakers, you could invest in a better amp to drive just the tower if it isn't good enough as is. I can't comment on Wet Sounds - never heard them.

Tower lights: I've only used them once, and it was to load my boat on the trailer at dusk. They were useful then. Alot of money...

Rear Light Bar: I have it because it seemed cool at the time... I thought I would do some lakeside camping or evening party on the beach where I could use it to illuminate the shore. The 08 design also causes the rope to catch on the corner of the light bar. I'd rather have my money back in hindsight as I have never used it once.

Transom remote: Have it and like it. I mainly use it if I am standing on the swimstep and need to hit mute either to hear somebody telling me something from in the boat or if I am trying to shout instructions to somebody in the water.

A couple you didn't mention:
- ipod connection: very nice
- perfect pass: a must in my opinion

Hope this helps.

kgrove
11-21-2008, 02:29 AM
I'd echo Eagle's heater recommendation.. forgot about that one. I also forgot the battery charger. Very easy to top off the batteries instead of risking showing up at the lake only to figure out you left the stereo on and drained the batteries.

tr6coug
11-21-2008, 03:33 AM
My 2 cents:

MCX vs. LY6. I've got an X2 w/MCX and it has plenty of power for all we do. More power is always better, but I have never wished I had paid up for the larger engine. Have not driven the LY6 though so maybe I just don't know what I'm missing.

Had 2 stock tower speakers (with lights) originally, then put on two more and added another amp. Found a set of 1 year old speakers for $600, much better deal than the $2k MC wants for a new set. Much louder now and sounds better at the end of the rope.

The forward lights that are integrated into the speaker housing are only useful for docking at night in my opinion. Definitely not useful for cruising in the dark. They light up the deck so much that it kills your night vision. I can actually see better in the dark without them on when driving.

I've got the transom stereo remote and I use it much more than I thought I would.

Not sure if the iPod connection is standard or an option, but it is definitely worth getting.

I would NOT get the table option it just takes up space and never gets used (first thing I pulled out of the boat).

I also have the plug-in battery charger. I've used it a few times and its convenient, but not a necessity.

tr6coug
11-21-2008, 03:33 AM
Heater - use it a lot with little kids...

Witness140
11-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Thanks for all the info so far, I guess I should have listed the options that are on my definite list.

I realize that the MCX has more than enough power, but coming from the 197 world - there are quite a few 197's with the LY6 despite the MCX being a great all around engine for that boat. Barefooting and jumping being 2 primary reasons I suppose, plus the HP fettish. Wasnt sure if the LY6 had less pickup, or other issues, with the X2. I think JohnE said he drove an LY6'ed 214 lately and thought it actually had less pickup than his MCX.

Here's the definite list.

Heater
Seat Heat
Attitude Plate
MCX
Bimini
2 tower speakers w/ integrated lights
Teak platform with transom saver
1 slalom rack
Removable pylon (I've already had one in the ER when she fell off the seat and hit her head on base of 197 pylon)
Transom step/rail

Cleats, 2 batteries, Perfect Pass, VDIG, depth gauge, stainless rub rail - all standard features.

Spent about a week combing through pictures, brochures, and design-a-boat. The color choice is killing me.

Love the canadian blue flake, but want the bottom to be something other than white - to keep it looking good in the water even when it's dirty. Don't want the yellow staining. The blue flake seems to lose it's luster when it's not against a lighter color like white. I'd like the black bottom, bullseye scheme, and blue flake over silver flake in the switch scheme - white deck, but unlike a used boat, I can't get to see it before I sign the line, unless there is another one out there. Would hate to unwrap it and say......oh, guess that didn't work.

Witness140
11-21-2008, 09:24 AM
One that was originally on my list that I took off - and forgot to ask about here.

Underwater Lights Any compelling reason to spend another $600 on these? I only wanted them because they were cool, but scratched them to spend the money on useful options.

skeeler
11-21-2008, 09:31 AM
My two cents from when I had an '07 X-2 & from our current '08 X-Star.

LY6 vs MCX -MCX is more than enough for the X-2, but if you got the cash the LY6 is nice, and sounds mean. :D
Walk-thru observer seat. -Skip it. It is a pain in the but, and take up to much storage space.
Bow Filler Cushion. -My wife and kids are in the front three feet of the boat 75% of the time. A must!!!
Shower -Nice, but rarely ever gets used.
Platform Ladder -Small kids, a must!!! I have a six and a four year old, and it is great!! A must on the X-Star & X-2, my X-Star platform sits about 3 inches out of the water when not loaded. Makes it so easy for them to jump in and get back up.
Extreme Tower Mirror -If you ride a lot, a must as well. Great visability.
2 Tower Speakers vs 4 Tower Speakers -More is always better!!
Wet Sounds vs MC speakers -I personally like the MC's better. I think they look better. May not be as loud, but hey, add some more power to the MC's.
Integrated Tower Lights -Waste. Nice for docking, but really are not that functional.
Rear facing light bar -Dito.
Transom remote -If you spend anytime anchored, this is a must. Beats getting out of the water, and runnning back in forth to change the volume.

Another thing, HEATER!!!!!

ttu
11-21-2008, 09:59 AM
may be a dumb question but what is a walk thru observer seat?:confused:

SaltwaterMC
11-21-2008, 10:08 AM
I echo what Skeeler said.

wakeX2wake
11-21-2008, 10:54 AM
you gotta get the bowfiller

MCX is plenty

skip the forward facing lights and add the other two tower speakers

underwater lights are sweet as crap but... i kind of have a thing for LEDs

is this the color scheme you're talking about? Blue on Silver flake w/ a grey (?) hull and very light grey top rail... wouldn't advise white... shows scratches and such very easily and is easy to look dirty on a boat

EDIT: i have the heater and its awesome when you need it and i don't have the shower and wish i did... don't use it before you get in unless you're wearing a full wetsuit.... you'll just be miserable when wearing a top

MC X-15
11-21-2008, 10:57 AM
yeah i was wondering about the walk thorugh observers seat too. Dont think they offered that on the 08's?

I have an 08 X-15 and 2 tower speakers is plenty
MCX is enough power
Wish i had a bow filler cushion, pissed i didnt get that one
No platform ladder
Have the heater but never use it
No seat heat

djhuff
11-21-2008, 12:03 PM
I'll speak to some of your list.

MCX is fine, it's already tight in the engine compartment too, and a bigger engine would just add to the headache for maintenance, never mind the extra money for the engine.

Bow filler cushion - I put mine in when I bought the boat, and it's never come out.

Transom remote - depends on how much you hang out on the back of the boat.

Tower lights - Haven't missed mine. Was nice for surfing late at night, but riding, it's still too dark back there.

Tower speakers, I have 4, like the way they look. Not much louder than 2, but i just like the way they fill out the tower. If you want LOUD, the wetsounds will do it. I can hear while riding with my 4. One thing that is really nice about the tower on the X2, it puts the speakers so far back, they don't blast the ppl in the boat.

Don't have the other options, but the only thing I might change is adding a heater.

JohnE
11-21-2008, 12:05 PM
I think JohnE said he drove an LY6'ed 214 lately and thought it actually had less pickup than his MCX.

I did say that, but it was in a 214V and I didn't get to drive one with an mcx for direct comparison. I was comparing to my 214DD. I don't know if the slower holeshot was due to the ly6 or the v-drive.

redrobster78
11-21-2008, 12:21 PM
So would you say that you should go with the MCX engine for the x2? I was looking at a used 07 and it has an RTP. The deal said that was plenty of power for the x2... thoughts on the matter? If I were to go with the RTP would I regret not getting something with the larger engine or do you barely notice the difference?

Thanks gents!

wakeX2wake
11-21-2008, 12:27 PM
i'm betting the only place you'll "want" more than the LY6 is if you have it loaded out... the MCX is MORE than enough to go w/ stock ballast and a hand full of people... when i'm getting up to ride and the driver throws it down harder than you're accustomed to you can really feel it

i'd take that w/ a grain of salt b/c i've never been in an x-2 w/ the LY6... however i HAVE been in a 23' moomba w/ a few folks and a 325 hp you can feel it there and i've been in a SANTE 210 slammed w/ the 300hp and it took FOREVER to get on plane

skeeler
11-21-2008, 12:49 PM
So would you say that you should go with the MCX engine for the x2? I was looking at a used 07 and it has an RTP. The deal said that was plenty of power for the x2... thoughts on the matter? If I were to go with the RTP would I regret not getting something with the larger engine or do you barely notice the difference?

Thanks gents!
I would at least do the MCX, stay away from the RTP-1. It will get the job done in most cases, but resale will KILL YOU!!!!!
I had the MCX in my '07 X-2, and it did just fine with 2500+ ballast in it, same with our '08 X-Star.

ttu
11-21-2008, 12:55 PM
i agree with what skeeler says about the rtp 310 in re: to resale.

i have a 07 with the rtp and the wakeboard prop. i run a extra 1K plus in ballast and have no issues getting on plane. now i would have like to have gotten the mcx for the extra power and how good it looks.

NOW would someone please explain and possibly show me what the walk thru observer seat looks like, i went to build a mc and it shows a little pic of most the options but not for this.

MattsCraft
11-21-2008, 01:52 PM
I have an '09 X2 IMHO...

LY6 vs MCX. MCX, more than enough power, LY6 if you like burning money on gas.

Walk-thru observer seat. - Don't see the need for it.

Bow Filler Cushion. - One thing I did not get, will be adding this year.

Shower - Only if Salt Water

Platform Ladder - Worst piece of crap in MC engineering:(, A must for the ladies and small children, only MC needs to go over to Cobalt and see how a real bording ladder is made.

Extreme Tower Mirror - I love mine...

2 Tower Speakers vs 4 Tower Speakers - I went with 2 and 2 W/lights, I love the look of 4 vs. 2. Lights look cool, only work in close to dock or trailer, great for finding anything in the boat at night or covering. Would work far better if they had the 1/2 refecter shileds on them like they do on custom cars.

Wet Sounds vs MC speakers - Wet Sounds are killer, will blast everyone in the boat too. W/4MC cans, never had a complaint from a rider that they could not hear the music. I added a wire from the second amp remote switch to the wash down switch, so I can turn the cans on and off. I fade down the interior so people can talk. I will be adding this http://watersportinnovations.com/

Integrated Tower Lights Ok - See above, but they look really bad!!!

Rear facing light bar - I have this, great rope catcher, looks bad too... Pretty worhtless unless you surf at night.8p

Transom remote - Did not get it, wish I did.

Others -

Trim Tab/Ski Plate, a must have if you ski, at least it makes one side of the wake really flat.
Heater - Must have, works great
Heated seats - Only Driver & observer, don't see the point
Bimini - Must have, a real pain to remove if you fold the tower for storage
Underwater Lights - :cool:
Board/Slalom rack - I took mine off, will not fit under my canopy when tower is folded. Nice if you slalom a lot, makes the one side really long and looks funky and lopsided.
Ipod Interface - A must
Dual Batteries - A must
Tandem Trailer - A must if you trailer any kind of distance

Not a fan of Metal Flake, but each to their own right...:rolleyes:

corey
11-21-2008, 01:55 PM
I don't have a better picture on hand than this, but basically its an extra seat that is removable. It sits in the walkway to the bow.

ttu
11-21-2008, 01:57 PM
thank you cory. :D

boy i would not have a need for that.

ps, is someone wearing shoes in the boat in that pic.

Eagle
11-21-2008, 01:57 PM
I have the MCX in my X-2 (205V) and have no trouble getting on plane and up to speed even with 5-6 people in the boat and 1200-1500 lbs of ballast. If the driver hits the throttle hard, it will give the rider quite a jolt. I'm also able to pull a barefooter at 42mph, even with 400 lbs of popbags (too lazy to take them off the boat for the barefooter).

Even with 2500 lbs of ballast for surfing, the MCX pulls strong and consistently.

By contrast, a good friend has a Nautique Super Air 220 with the ZR6 that he runs with stock ballast + 400 lbs. I am always surprised by how much longer it takes to get that boat up to plane; it feels like it really struggles compared to my X-2 / MCX.

JohnE
11-21-2008, 02:05 PM
I don't have a better picture on hand than this, but basically its an extra seat that is removable. It sits in the walkway to the bow.

That seat looks as cheesy as the jump seat they make for the 214. That I mistakenly purchased after listening to an inept dealer in NH. (That no longer is a dealer.)

Witness140
11-21-2008, 02:11 PM
NOW would someone please explain and possibly show me what the walk thru observer seat looks like, i went to build a mc and it shows a little pic of most the options but not for this.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ZtmSBbqlBn1qFP82XTFQLg

skeeler
11-21-2008, 03:56 PM
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ZtmSBbqlBn1qFP82XTFQLg

We have a winner!! :woohoo:

holms
11-21-2008, 06:28 PM
adding options is alot cheaper when your building it vs. adding later.

chestech
11-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Have 06 X2

LY6 vs MCX -MCX is fine.

Walk-thru observer seat. -Skip it. It is a pain in the but, and take up to much storage space.

Bow Filler Cushion - don't have, looking to add

Shower - haven't used much, probably the caused more problems than anything else.

Platform Ladder - haven't seen one. have little kids so could see it being worth it.

Extreme Tower Mirror - yes

2 Tower Speakers vs 4 Tower Speakers - 2 works for me... but most of time is with family.

Wet Sounds vs MC speakers - no opinion

Integrated Tower Lights - don't have 'em, prob wouldn't use much - but would stil like to add!

Transom remote - don't use it much.

Roonie's
11-24-2008, 01:08 PM
One more opinion.... not like you need another...

MCX is great.
One option I use a lot is the depth finder...... since I am always in a new lake exploring.
Extreme tower mirror I use a lot too.
Ipod hookup used all the time.
Use bimini a lot too.
Have table and use it with kids alot otherwise wouldn't have gotten it.
I have two tower speakers with lights... plenty for me and have yet to use the lights.

Wish I had and am going to add soon..... heater and probably seat heater too.

wakeX2wake
11-24-2008, 01:16 PM
when you say the extreme tower mirror... are you meaning the regular mirror that has the brace attached to the tower

BOATNGUYNE
11-24-2008, 01:25 PM
42402 Here is a picture of an X-2 Filler cushion

acornellier
11-24-2008, 02:56 PM
I have 2007 X-2 SS
I have two tower speakers vs four.The two sound a the same as four.Plus with two you have more head room.I would stay with the JL system.It's so far the best I've heard and seen.
The tower lights are nice,I've used mine several times,especially here in Florida I use my boat year round.
Heater is a good option if you live in a colder climate.
Shower I don't have.
Slick boot I do have and use all the time.
Bow seat is good,don't have one,but have been on a X-2 with one and seems to work good with small children.
Get a keel guard if you are going to beach your boat alot,got one and it's great.
The MCX motor is enough power for the X-2.
Transom mount control I had on my Moomba and never used it,og course my Moomba was more in the shop than on the lake.
Hope this helps.

Itsme
11-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Witness 140 - Looks like you have done your homework. I have owned 3 X2's (06,07,08) and have just ordered my 2009. Please see below for my .02---

Here's the definite list.

Heater - an absolute must have!! Never own another boat without one.
Seat Heat - scratch it. drape a towel over your lap with the heat vent beneath you.
Attitude Plate - Does some good but mostly to shape your slalom/surf wakes. Does not do much for size of the wakes but helps to clean them up.
MCX - Awesome motor. No need for more power than this - especially when they made the prop changes from 06 to 07.
Bimini - must have if you have kids or spend hours on end on the water. Easy up and down and stows for travel quickly.
2 tower speakers w/ integrated lights - JL audio speaks with sub is more than enough. Tower speakers look cool and sound great if you really like it loud. Tower lights don't seem to get used quite as much as you would think.....
Teak platform with transom saver - Nice setup. Maybe would to the fiberglass route for less maintance.
1 slalom rack - thumbs up - works for boards as well as skis.
Removable pylon (I've already had one in the ER when she fell off the seat and hit her head on base of 197 pylon) -
Transom step/rail - looks nice but not neccessary. The step up from the platform to the sunpad is not very big, even for little ones.
Cleats, 2 batteries, Perfect Pass, VDIG, depth gauge, stainless rub rail - all standard features.

Spent about a week combing through pictures, brochures, and design-a-boat. The color choice is killing me. - nothing new there;)

Love the canadian blue flake, but want the bottom to be something other than white - to keep it looking good in the water even when it's dirty. Don't want the yellow staining. The blue flake seems to lose it's luster when it's not against a lighter color like white. I'd like the black bottom, bullseye scheme, and blue flake over silver flake in the switch scheme - white deck
- We have done black bottoms on the last two boats and have been very happy. Not too tough to keep clean and does not show dirt/water stains too badly. Better than white anyway.....

Good luck!!!!
cb

mcxfan
11-25-2008, 01:12 PM
I have on 06 X2

It has the MCX and seems to have plenty of Power. I have the Fly High Auxillary Ballast System along with the stock ballasts. With them completely full and 6 riders in the boat we have no issues.

When I purchased the boat it didn't have the heater option. I tend to spend a lot of time on the water, even after dark, and this is a must. I installed the 3 port heater with the Y pipe. One port under the Helm and two tubes on either side of the main seating area. It puts out a lot of heat and is a life saver on cool nights/days.

The boat also didn't have a shower. We tend to do a lot of lake hopping and camping on the water. I installed the shower and use it all the time. Not just to heat up wetsuits but to take an acutal shower when we aren't on our home lake w/the houseboat. Taking a hot shower when camping makes it that much better. Once I use it and the girls see what I'm doing, it only takes a minute before you have 3-4 women in bikinis showering and soaping up on your swimdeck :-). A++++

The boat also didn't have the bow filler cushion but I added it and it is always in. The girls love to sit up front and this makes it that much more comfortable. Also a plus when young kids are on the boat as well. A+++

Bimini is a must. The kids need a place to retreat from the sun and it really does help on 100+ degree days. A+++

I have 4 Jl audio speakers and they are plenty loud. I haven't heard the Wetsounds. I have three amps. 1-6channel to the all cockpit speakers, 1-4channel to the tower speakers, 1-mono to the sub.

I have both the intedgrated forward lights and rear pods. I use them a lot. As I said, we do a lot of camping and house boating. They come in hading for lighting up the shore, houseboat, etc. We don't tend to do a lot of night riding, but when we do the lights don't work that well.

Ipod hook up A++,,,a must have.

I have 3 batteries. 2 on one switch position and 1 on the other. I use the two when we are anchored to listen to the stereo and the 1 battery is used for starting purposes. It has saved me more than once. You have to install good batteries like optima, odessy, interstate, etc. A++

I have the Fibergalls Swimdeck and love it. No maintanence required. The only downside is they tend to scratch easily, but I don't mind it on the swimdeck, just not the boat!!!.....Some colors hide scratches better than others. Mine is Black.........

Jump seat is not needed

Don't have a seat heater, but it might be nice on those cool nights cruising back to dock.

Underwater LED are very cool, they really do light up the water 15-30 behind the boat (depending on water clarity). These are expensive but if you have the cash they definetley add to the "bling" factor. They are cool for night swimming and cruising....

Good luck..Overall the I love my X2 and have no regrets on the purchase........

Witness140
11-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Ok everyone - thank you for the help. I spent a lovely day in Vonore, TN yesterday. Took a personalized tour of a factory that made me feel good that I am already a MC owner. Certainly enforced the notion that I had made the right brand decision with my two 197's.

So we came to an agreement on a 2009 X2 Switch. Here are the options the boat will have. I would like to thank all of you for your input - which I referred to when making the selections.

MCX
Attitude Plate
2 Tower Speakers with integrated fwd lights (the lights were cheap enough that it made less sense NOT to get them to be honest - about the same cost as two tanks of gas)
Heater
Seat Heat
Extreme Tower Mirror
Bimini
Shower
Transom Remote
Bow filler
Removable pylon
Teak platform with transom saver
Transom Step
Single Axle Trailer
Custom Cover
Metalflake Gelcoat
Optional Hull 1 color other than white

Colors TBA

Boat comes standard with cleats, stainless rubrail, integrated ballast, VDIG, PerfectPass, 2 batteries

Can't wait! Guess I better learn to surf.

ttu
11-25-2008, 09:52 PM
sounds like a good choice.

couple questions, what is a transom step? and removable pylon? i have debated on taking mine out but the darn kids every once in a while want me to pull them on the tube.:(

look forward to seeing your new x2.

Witness140
11-25-2008, 11:09 PM
The removable pylon is pretty nifty. Press down to rotate and lock it into position, or press down to rotate to unlocked position and remove. Stores in a bracket under a seat. I know the kids are going to be hopping around on the back seat when we are underway - and I also know they will probably grab onto the pylon too. I have this picture in my head of a little set of teeth being smashed when we hit a big roller because of the bad timing kids invariably seem to have with such things. Also - no pylon means no obstacles between interior and swim deck when kids are doing what they do best - going back and forth. It also means no obstruction to the sunpad. 95% of the time we will be towing from the tower anyways - so it's only needed for my occasional slalom or trick set, and tubing.

Witness140
11-25-2008, 11:10 PM
The transom step is just the rail mounted to transom that serves as both a step between platform and sunpad - as well as an aux towpoint.

dapicatti
11-25-2008, 11:56 PM
My wife used to hit her head on that pylon all the time. She would lean back and BAM! It would have been nice to have that option on our X2. You are going to love that boat!

Witness140
11-26-2008, 12:41 AM
You are going to love that boat!

I sure hope so....and can't wait. The X14v certainly did cause me to blink though.

JohnE
11-26-2008, 09:40 AM
I sure hope so....and can't wait. The X14v certainly did cause me to blink though.

HA ha!:D I never even gave that a thought.

Congrats on the X2!:cool:

MCDriven
11-26-2008, 11:16 AM
Congrats witness. You made the right call with the X2 - awesome boat. Enjoy!

Eagle Lake Rebel
11-26-2008, 12:46 PM
My .02 on the topic:
1. If you can afford the LY6 do it, but the MCX is plenty for the X2. I had an MCX in my last X30 and went to the LY6 on my current 30 and it's way better. If you are going to add the Fly High go LY6.
2. Dump the walk thru seat.
3. Kids & mom love the bow filler.
4. Dump the shower.
5. Ladder dpends on the age of your kids. Mine (6 & 11) get in & out just fine without it.
6. I like the regular tower mirror. It's taller than the extreme which I like better than looking at tower posts.
7. Go with 4 tower speakers. I had the JL's then switched to the Wet Sounds. Night and day difference and the Wet Sounds will cost less $$. If you are into max bling the MC cans win.
8. Tower lights are cool to look at, but thats about it. In the south they are just bug magnets.
9. Transom remote is a plus.
10. GET THE WAKE PLATE it's a cheap option and is a great wake shape tool to have at you fingertips.

brucemac
11-26-2008, 01:11 PM
congrats witness! lucky bugger ;)

JohnE
11-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Hey Witness,

I hope you have an update for us soon............

Witness140
11-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Here's the colors so far. White deck, canadian blue flake over silver flake - midnight black bottom. Navy Blue embroidery, navy blue bimini. Interior is overall flint with navy blue and titanium accents.

Representation of Blue flake on design a boat is pretty poor, so I correct the navy blue in photoshop to look more electric.

Saw a thread recently that the switch LED's can be changed to custom colors possibly. Would love blue switch LED's. Gonna look into that.

Eagle
11-27-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm curious why you're sticking with the teak swim platform instead of fiberglass? The fiberglass is less maintenance and weathers better.

Witness140
11-27-2008, 10:26 PM
I have looked at a few used X2's. One was a 2007 with a fiberglass platform. It showed signs of chipping and scratching.

My friend has an Air Nautique 206 with the glass platform - same thing.

Another friend of mine has a Malibu Response LX with the glass platform - he's already replaced the rubber pad because it was peeling.

I can bring a teak platform 'back from the dead' with less than 2 hours work. I cannot add gelcoat and restore a chipped and scratched glass platform myself.

Then there's the debate about the glass platform frothing up the surf wake because of it's edge.

JohnE
11-28-2008, 09:32 AM
Nice looking boat, Witness.