PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Prostar 195 Clarion Stereo Question.

ivectoryou
11-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Hi.

I am thinking about purchasing some Wetsounds in-boat speakers and a Wetsounds amp. for our 2001 Prostar 195. The salesman at Wetsounds says the current Clarion stereo will work as long as it has at least two RCA jacks in the back of it.

Does anyone happen to know if it does have RCA jacks?

I would like to use the current stereo as long as it sounds good after the amp. and speaker upgrade. If it still doesn't sound good, I would like to use it until I can afford to replace it.

Thanks in advance!

Jim@BAWS
11-20-2008, 10:21 PM
Hi.

I am thinking about purchasing some Wetsounds in-boat speakers and a Wetsounds amp. for our 2001 Prostar 195. The salesman at Wetsounds says the current Clarion stereo will work as long as it has at least two RCA jacks in the back of it.

Does anyone happen to know if it does have RCA jacks?

I would like to use the current stereo as long as it sounds good after the amp. and speaker upgrade. If it still doesn't sound good, I would like to use it until I can afford to replace it.

Thanks in advance!

Why don't you look for them or ask the owner?

ivectoryou
11-20-2008, 10:24 PM
I am the owner and I'm not able to get to the boat at the moment because the girlfriend is sitting close by and it's a Christmas present that I didn't want to ruin. If I could have helped myself, I would have.

Jim@BAWS
11-21-2008, 11:02 AM
I am the owner and I'm not able to get to the boat at the moment because the girlfriend is sitting close by and it's a Christmas present that I didn't want to ruin. If I could have helped myself, I would have.

My bag. I read into this as you where getting ready to purchase the boat.
The bigger question is what model is the stereo? Was it a factory installed stereo or
after the previous owner purchased the boat? A model # would help...but then again that means that you would be looking at the stereo unless you already know the #

Jim@BAWS

ivectoryou
11-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Since my last post, I was able to take a look at it myself and found out that this factory-installed Clarion does have 4 RCA jacks hanging loose. Cool!

I probably should have just waited a while before asking you experts, but I was kinda amped (no pun intended) that I had found a gift she would love and I would be saving myself hours schlepping through the malls trying to find a good gift, while becoming increasingly frustrated. LOL.

Makes me remember the time in 5th grade where my Dad had a little too much, shall we say "Christmas Cheer" and had me and my best friend laughing our heads off as he stared at the Christmas tree and went into this whole calm rant about "why do we go out to the woods, cut down a perfectly good tree, drag it home and hang a bunch of **** on it?!"

Don't get me wrong, he believes and knows the real reason for Christmas, he was just making fun of some of the traditions. Of course we all know that Christmas trees rock!

Thanks again.

Jesus_Freak
11-21-2008, 02:16 PM
...Makes me remember the time in 5th grade where my Dad had a little too much, shall we say "Christmas Cheer" and had me and my best friend laughing our heads off as he stared at the Christmas tree and went into this whole calm rant about "why do we go out to the woods, cut down a perfectly good tree, drag it home and hang a bunch of **** on it?!"

Don't get me wrong, he believes and knows the real reason for Christmas, he was just making fun of some of the traditions. Of course we all know that Christmas trees rock!

Thanks again.

I am picturing Chevy Chase saying what your dad said. :D

ivectoryou
11-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Would you believe that my name is Rusty?

Didn't think so. :D