PDA

View Full Version : Snowboarders... I have a question

Gonzo
11-20-2008, 04:29 PM
Please go to red tag today and look, I am thinking of getting that jacket for my wife to snowski in, she had to borrow someones last yr and did not like it... is it a good choice? I know nothing about boarding gear and why it is specifically different except for the looks...

thanks!

www.redtagsports.com

No Skeez
11-20-2008, 04:42 PM
There really is no difference except for looks and brand names. Special Blend wants to gear themselves more as a "core" brand, hence the snowboard jacket. For the most part, a winter sports jacket is a winter sports jacket. If you have some time before you make your purchase, I would also suggest keeping an eye on tramdock.com, steepandcheap.com and whiskeymilitia.com. All offer last season's or discontinued colors of many outdoor products. Hope this helps!

corey
11-20-2008, 05:29 PM
thats a great jacket, I usually get something that is at least 10K waterproof as getting wet pretty much sucks.

Usually (not always) a 10K or more garment has a waterproof backing adhered to the material as opposed to just a DWR (Durable Water Repellancy) coating. The DWR finish helps water bead off of the material but will not keep the garment waterproof long term or under pressure (ie sitting on the snow). In addition the 10K garments will usually hold up to multiple washings, DWR only garments will not.

Gonzo
11-20-2008, 08:51 PM
Ok another question, is this a girls jacket? I cant tell.

No Skeez
11-20-2008, 09:07 PM
I just Googled it... Looks like a men's...

03 35th Anniversary
11-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Get her a different color than white so if she falls in the snow you can find her!!!!

Other than that I got nuthin.....

Gonzo
11-20-2008, 09:31 PM
I just Googled it... Looks like a men's...

lol, good idea