PDA

View Full Version : 2nd time out with new X-10

H2OGirl
05-07-2005, 10:00 PM
We took the boat out for the first time with the new engine and transmission today. First I want to remind everyone the dealership did not water test this boat after the new engine and transmission were installed, they only fired the engine on the hose.

Get the boat to the launch, turn the key and nothing, not even a sound. Okay we didn't get too excited could just be dead battery, we were listening to the stereo in the garage, the volt meter was reading 12 volts. Go back home and get new battery, go back to lake, hook up jumper cables and try to jump start boat, and nothing, checked the kill switch again, connected properly, checked everything under the dash to make sure it was all connected properly, it was. Lance then tried to jump the starter, the boat fired right away. We took it off the trailer and when Lance tried to throttle up, he could hardly move the throttle lever forward, it was so stiff. We got to the middle of the lake, opened up the engine hatch to see what was up with the throttle and found it wasn't the "throttle" it was the shift cable that was connected wrong, it was binding up. Then we noticed it was laying on the exhaust and was burnt threw already (does anyone know if there is supposed to be some kind of bracket to hold the shift cable in place, we can't remember if the old engine had one or not). We also found all the spark plug wires laying on the exhaust, none of the brackets that hold these were transfered from the old engine.

Got off the water and called the dealership immediatly to notify them of the starting problem and the shift cable, of course they told us to bring it in ASAP. We were also told the starting problem could be caused by the shift cable being installed wrong.

I was on the phone right away leaving voice messages for Mr. Best to contact me ASAP, we are not very pleased. In fact I am pretty sure I have steam rolling out of my ears at this very moment. We take this new boat out with a new engine and it wouldn't start...not a good situation.

Again all of this could have been avoided with a simple water test of the boat, I am sure anyone would've noticed the boat didn't start and if it did start they would've noticed something was wrong with the shift cable, it was so stiff you could hardly move it.

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 10:03 PM
sorry to hear about your continued troubles with the MC. Did you get any photos while on the water?

bradamerry
05-07-2005, 10:06 PM
H2OGirl, very sorry to hear about your problems with your new boat.. I would be on someones A$$ about this stuff :mad: .. I would make them get me another new boat..

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 10:07 PM
I second that, after ANOTHER problem. NEW BOAT :D

bradamerry
05-07-2005, 10:09 PM
I guess things like this are why bu', CC and others stay in business too.. :eek:

6ballsisall
05-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Have you named this dealer yet on the board. From the info in your posts this ridiculous and this "dealer" should not be a "dealer" for MC at all!! Time they receive some "PR" :cool:

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 10:11 PM
The dealer wouldn't be to hard to figure out, but I think she listed it on here somewhere.

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Is it Power House marine?

6ballsisall
05-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Whos up for writing a letter to the dealer and MC?

Mag_Red
05-07-2005, 10:15 PM
:rant: After all the crap you went through the first time, you would have thought this dealership would have made damned sure every thing was perfect with your boat! I would be beside myself! :mad:

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 10:17 PM
1st time is a mistake, and is forgiveable, 2nd time is wreckless, careless, and they should be finanially held responsible! They should be making your boat payments, and should back pay you from the time you got the boat until the time it is fixed/replaced AGAIN!

SKI*MC
05-07-2005, 10:24 PM
DANG! That really sucks, dont have any beefs with MC, it was the dealer, not the company.

whitedog
05-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Carissa, As I said before I have had problems with this dealership in the past. Not on a MC but still it was frustrating. At this point I would either demand a new ride or get the boat hauled at your dealers expense to TN to have the job done correctly. This engine swap is so simple most back yard mechanics can do it and get it right, I have done several over the years. Don't give up on MC they do have a great product. I know that it will be made right. IMOP it would be to your advantage to use a differnt dealership for getting this fixed. I am suprised after all the poor service I have heard about from them they are still in business. I guess that is why they are still a small dealership amonst the many good dealers in the LaCrosse area.

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Lets flood the dealership with letters and emails.

Just to clarify, do we have the right name?

6ballsisall
05-07-2005, 10:31 PM
H20 At this point I think I would be in touch with attorney. This dealer is an absolute sorry excuse and has no business representing MC at all. Their negligence is horrific. Here I am 700 miles away and never met you and I am steaming mad. I hate people who give Sh**ty service and just don't give a crap!!

6ballsisall
05-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Lets flood the dealership with letters and emails.

Just to clarify, do we have the right name?

I don't have the name, who is it? Website?

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Is it Power House marine?

This is the dealership that the MC web site directed me too, but we need to varify first.

lakes Rick
05-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Totally unbelievable.... NOW I would be totally pissed.. I would never do business with this dealer again.. I think I would get your money back from MC and start all over again with another dealer or maybe another brand of boat.. Sorry to say that but this is just inexcusable..

Leroy
05-07-2005, 10:40 PM
Sorry to hear this H20girl, I was really afraid without the water test. They must fix and do full water test. What they did was a major change. My dealer started and ran for awhile after changing the alternator bracket. Time to talk to HQ again.

whitedog
05-07-2005, 10:42 PM
If I am guessing correctly, please tell me if I am wrong, this dealer is located on the parking lot of two public boat ramps on the Black River and across the bridge from another. There door is less that a 500 yards from the water.

whitedog
05-07-2005, 10:46 PM
This is the dealership that the MC web site directed me too, but we need to varify first.

Good guess erk. It is the only MC dealership within 150 miles of LaCrosse. I hope H20Girl will confirm.

peason
05-07-2005, 10:51 PM
yes, that's the dealership - I recall her mentioning previously, since I suggested Midwest in Minneapolis or Red Line in Madison - if she needed a new dealer to help her out.

I'm sorry to hear about your problems - I have been down the road with a weak dealership - it sucks!

bcampbe7
05-07-2005, 11:09 PM
Sorry to hear about your and Lance's continuing troubles. I agree with what everyone has posted thus far. Things like this are inexcusable and the “Stealer” is where I would point the finger, or should I say give the finger.
I would be pi$$sed if this sort of thing happened to my '96 PS190 let alone a brand new boat.
Keep us informed on what happens.

H2OGirl
05-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Ok You are all right it is Powerhouse Marine, I have not mentioned their name here for obvious reasons, did not want to smear anyone's name, but they obviously don't care. Whitedog you are correct two boat landings within 500 feet for them to use. There parking lot is the boat landing.

I have just finished up a lengthy e-mail to Tim Best, Indmar and Mr. Dorton (time to get him involved too) I have also left them all voice mails to contact me ASAP.

I guess we wait until Monday now...no one works on Sun.

ljothen
05-07-2005, 11:26 PM
I'm the other owner of the "problem child"

Does anyone know the Malibu owner's web site?

I guess I just need a way to laugh at this, the steam is starting to cloud my thoughts...

Tomorrow we will be riding behind our friends old yet reliable 1987 Correct Craft and our other friends 1993 Malibu due to our problems...

They think I am lying that I own a new boat...it is never in my garage for them to see it :eek3:

H2OGirl
05-07-2005, 11:40 PM
I did get some pictures of the boat in the water, didn't get to take that first pull yet, too afaid it wouldn't start when we shut it off...

Anyone know if there is a way to print off a whole thread?

Leroy
05-07-2005, 11:44 PM
Not easily that I know of, you can increase the number of posts show in User CP to I think 40 or 60 and then print.

Or select each post page and print.

erkoehler
05-08-2005, 05:52 AM
I did get some pictures of the boat in the water, didn't get to take that first pull yet, too afaid it wouldn't start when we shut it off...

Anyone know if there is a way to print off a whole thread?

That is a good idea! Print out these threads, and bring them in to the dealership! I would say that it is a far assumption that they will NEVER get any business from anyone on this board :(

André
05-08-2005, 06:30 AM
H2Ogirl and Lance
Don't know where to start here.I'm sorry for you guys.Your dream has turn into a nightmare!!! I'm really sorry for you.I Would have explode by now.That dealer is giving Mastercraft a really bad name and i don't think they're going to tolerate that.I can't beleive they didn't put the spark plugs wire support brackets back on and that they didn't started that new engine after the swap.That's terrible service and they don't deserve to sell Mastercraft boats.
If they would be selling a Major brand of car,that tech would be fired and the dealer would be under investigation for a while.Anyway with all the peoples reading this board,they're dealership has already been revoqued by higher authorities then John Dorton...US.
I may not always agree with Jim@BAWS and MYMC ,but man don't we all wish we had one of them for a Dealer!

aprgriggs
05-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Got off the water and called the dealership immediatly to notify them of the starting problem and the shift cable, of course they told us to bring it in ASAP.

Wow, after all of your trouble....they could have atleast come a picked up the boat from your house and saved you the gas money.

Good Luck....they will get it right and you will love your MC. Don't give up yet. However I would contact MC directly and let them know your problems.

TalleyHo
05-08-2005, 10:38 AM
A friend of mine wasn't fortunate enough to be able to afford a MC - so he had to purchase another brand. However, in his readings on various websites, the President of the company actually trolls the site to get a feel for what the customers are experiencing. It would certainly be nice if the MC leadership could spend some time on the owners' forum to see the good, the bad, and the ugly that some customers experience. I would hope in a situation like this, everything could be resolved w/ a phone call, and an a$$ chewing.

I've been a victim of bad luck as well -- however, my dealer has been PDC about taking care of me so that has made it a little more tolerable.

Good luck!

milkmania
05-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Anyway with all the peoples reading this board,they're dealership has already been revoqued by higher authorities then John Dorton...US.

ok, now I get it...once I quoted it and stared at it a few seconds longer......

you're saying that the TMC board has revoked his dealership...

I thought you were saying the government had revoked his dealership:o

US vs. U.S.

milkmania
05-08-2005, 12:37 PM
This really puzzles me about this dealership.

I bought my 91 ProStar190 from a Crownline dealer, and he took me to the lake, and made sure I had every question answered. He also fixed everything I pointed out....but of course that's used condition.

Plus we drove 30 minutes to get it in the water...

You say this guy is ON the water???

I call Bull**** on the dealer's part!!!

If someone on this board prepares a statement to send to MasterCraft, I'll sign it:headbang:

erkoehler
05-08-2005, 12:39 PM
This really puzzles me about this dealership.

I bought my 91 ProStar190 from a Crownline dealer, and he took me to the lake, and made sure I had every question answered. He also fixed everything I pointed out....but of course that's used condition.

Plus we drove 30 minutes to get it in the water...

You say this guy is ON the water???

I call Bull**** on the dealer's part!!!

If someone on this board prepares a statement to send to MasterCraft, I'll sign it:headbang:

Me too! :mad:

milkmania
05-08-2005, 12:46 PM
H2OGirl,

you may be able to ask Admin to "archive this thread, so you'll get a good printout format. (when you are at one of the home pages, you'll see "archive" in the bottom right....go in there and you'll see how the pages are formatted)
like this: http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/archive/index.php/

also, when you start to post a reply, you can scroll to the bottom of the page and pick up a handful of previous posts......if I'm not mistaken Admin can set the amount of posts to be more or less.

all this in consideration of MasterCraft's willingness to participate in have their name attached to a bunch of print-outs.

sorry about all the posts in this thread all at once...but how else will I get my post count up there with Doug:purplaugh

least I did have three different subjects:uglyhamme

*edit:
somethings up!!!
I just went to that archive link I posted above, and I can see a different format for current threads!!!
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/archive/index.php/f-14.html

you may be able to manipulate that address and get each page out pretty easy....like changing the 14 to a 12 or another number....etc....

lakes Rick
05-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Kinda makes you think Bayliner aint so bad after all....

Give em the boat back and get your money back... Lemon law work on boats?????

Bert
05-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Got off the water and called the dealership immediatly to notify them of the starting problem and the shift cable, of course they told us to bring it in ASAP. We were also told the starting problem could be caused by the shift cable being installed wrong.

I was on the phone right away leaving voice messages for Mr. Best to contact me ASAP, we are not very pleased. In fact I am pretty sure I have steam rolling out of my ears at this very moment. We take this new boat out with a new engine and it wouldn't start...not a good situation.

Again all of this could have been avoided with a simple water test of the boat, I am sure anyone would've noticed the boat didn't start and if it did start they would've noticed something was wrong with the shift cable, it was so stiff you could hardly move it.

I think you should ask Mr. Best if this is a MasterCraft or a piece of MasterCrap !! This is just a load of ***t and it is time that some one that knows which end of a wrench to hold on to fixes this boat. Mastercraft should make this right and give you a few thousand $$ worth of accessories to compensate.
Maybe get a Correct Craft dealer to fix it and send the bill to MasterCraft :D

G-man
05-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Besides the water test the dealer should have done with the make ready process a good dealer would have had you go out in the boat for an orientation to go over the feature and functions of everything on the boat. Had they done this 2nd water test you would be out on the water today.

André
05-08-2005, 03:26 PM
Besides the water test the dealer should have done with the make ready process a good dealer would have had you go out in the boat for an orientation to go over the feature and functions of everything on the boat. Had they done this 2nd water test you would be out on the water today.
George
Is it true that some peoples buy Correct Craft because they are so tired of bad Mastercraft dealer service ? :eek:

BriEOD
05-08-2005, 03:41 PM
That is just ridiculous about the water test. I had some work done on my MC a few years ago at Trophy Lakes (my closest dealer). They put my boat in their world record ,custom, man made lake that they are fanatical about. In fact, they tested it and then when I showed up to pick it up they put it in and one of the owners (yes, an owner) rode in the boat with me to see if everything was ok. How's that for service?

rodltg2
05-08-2005, 04:38 PM
i would drive your boat thorugh the front window of the dealer!

G-man
05-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Andre

It's been know to happen. The best boat is the brand that has the best dealer support. I will say after my 93 S&S got the 4160 carb at 150hours it did not need to go to the dealer for anything during the next 10 years. I did all fluid changes and such. To bad at that time I couldn't get prices on replacement vinal. I tried to get information from one dealer 6 times and another dealer once. I gave up after that and someone bought my boat.

bcampbe7
05-08-2005, 07:54 PM
i would drive your boat thorugh the front window of the dealer!

I was thinking the same thing Rod!

tex
05-09-2005, 09:13 AM
I think I'm gonna throw up! That sucks!

Diesel
05-09-2005, 09:56 AM
Hate to hear it ...................but you should have expected this considering this particular dealer's track record. I mentioned it early in the other thread that this dealer should not have touched the boat again. Fooled me once........shame on you...........fooled me twice shame on me..................... :o

I hope this shop does lose its MC dealership over this issue. What I have heard is simply unacceptable. I have yet to hear anyone stand up on thier behalf. It sounds like you have some very reputible dealers close by and I would make the drive to ensure everything gets fixed once and for all.............. Good luck!! :)

jsonova99
05-09-2005, 10:06 AM
I have to be honest, I love my '91, but if I ever decided to upgrade to a new one, I would seriously consider CC just based on some of the stories I've heard on here. I'm sure CC isn't perfect either, but there's a reason they are ranked number 1 for customer service. For what these boats cost new, I just wouldn't have the patience to deal with problems like these. Everytime I wrote that boat payment check my blood pressure would rise to dangerous levels.

Footin
05-09-2005, 10:31 AM
It will be interesting to see if Mr. Dortin responds to you. I think it is time for him or another higher up from MC to get involved.

erkoehler
05-09-2005, 10:40 AM
I am interested in seeing who will be returning her phone calls this Monday am.

6ballsisall
05-09-2005, 11:02 AM
I am interested in seeing who will be returning her phone calls this Monday am.

Me 3! This crap better get rectified effectively for her!!

Ric
05-09-2005, 11:11 AM
Really sorry to hear of your troubles Girl.

The common denomonator here seems to be the dealer network.
MC is a great product.(not perfect but a damn nice high end ski boat)
I've seen both inept dealership service and sales as well as heard dealers claiming that they were less than "informed" regarding specs and changes to the line.
It doesn't matter which party is right, but it appears that MC has a problem to solve.

BTW, in this service economy, when's the last time you went to a GM (or F'd for that matter) dealership and gone away "happy".

6ballsisall
05-09-2005, 11:51 AM

BTW, in this service economy, when's the last time you went to a GM (or F'd for that matter) dealership and gone away "happy".

Tru' Dat' !! :mad: I can't stand the goat dealers around here!

erkoehler
05-09-2005, 11:51 AM
I hate to say it, but depending on what MC has to say today, it may be time to lawyer up.

sfitzgerald351
05-09-2005, 01:38 PM

The common denomonator here seems to be the dealer network.
MC is a great product.(not perfect but a damn nice high end ski boat)
I've seen both inept dealership service and sales as well as heard dealers claiming that they were less than "informed" regarding specs and changes to the line.
It doesn't matter which party is right, but it appears that MC has a problem to solve.

Amen to that... All of the Ford Dealerships in my area won't work on my FORD Bronco. Too many miles on it... One service writer actually suggested that it'd be easier to just go by a new truck and called a salesman for me. Needless to say I don't go back.

Now to MC. If they don't figure out how to enforce a set of standards for their dealers and reward the good ones they are going to watch their market dry up. People like me who love my old boat will keep them rather than trading up. I just got a new job and my guess is that in a couple of years I could probably pay cash for a new boat. But after reading all the stories, I'll probably just put a couple of grand into my old boat to put a tower on it and make it like new again. MC loses the sale. And how are they ever going to convince new buyers to pick them if they hear stories like this.

Clarissa, we feel your pain. I'm sure many of us would gladly help if we could figure out a way. Time for MC to get your boat to another dealer to get put together right and detailed properly. They should give you a loaner boat to use and should compensate you for your time, expenses and energy to date. If Mr. Dorton and MC aren't willing to do that, I'd check into lemon laws and see if you can walk away. If I were Mr. Dorton, I'd have someone on the road with a truck today to pick the boat up and drop off a loaner. Boat should be fixed by Wednesday and detailed and back to you by the weekend. Surely, they have someone to trust to drive a truck and trailer. For a few hundred in gas and an interns time, MC can get this corrected in 4 days.

Good luck!

wiltok
05-09-2005, 02:58 PM
H20Girl,

When you scheduled the pickup of the boat - did you ask if it was water tested? If not, I would refuse delivery of the boat until they signed off. I know it shouldn't be like this - but unfortunately it is.

I'm at the point that I don't trust anyone - I always ask a lot of questions, ask for parts that were replaced, open the hatch in their presence and review what was done. It's easier to do in the dealers lot before you go out that having to deal with it on the water. Just my .02....

-Keith

east tx skier
05-09-2005, 03:36 PM
H20Girl, what can I say that hasn't been said. I hate that you're having all of this trouble. I'm surprised we haven't heard from some of our resident dealers just yet. I would go straight to the top with this. Somebody needs to be kissing your arse at this point, for sure.

George, I know how you feel. Nothing makes me hotter than being ignored by a dealer when I'm trying to spend my money. Sometimes a good product isn't enough when a dealer is so apathetic.

tex
05-09-2005, 03:40 PM
H20Girl, what can I say that hasn't been said. I hate that you're having all of this trouble. I'm surprised we haven't heard from some of our resident dealers just yet. I would go straight to the top with this. Somebody needs to be kissing your arse at this point, for sure.

George, I know how you feel. Nothing makes me hotter than being ignored by a dealer when I'm trying to spend my money. Sometimes a good product isn't enough when a dealer is so apathetic.

Doug-do you know any badger lawyers that could fire off a letter. Maybe light a fire under someone's ars!

east tx skier
05-09-2005, 03:41 PM
Can you tell me where she is located faster than I can look it up?

east tx skier
05-09-2005, 03:44 PM
I don't know any lawyers in WI.

I think MC could light a fire faster than a lawyer could. You know, you praise the competition's boat, and the dealer's are on here defending MC and posting pictures of the other guys boats on fire. You post that you're having problems and you get nothing. Come on MC, hook Wakegirl up. Don't make her start asking people what DTPA means.

Dan K
05-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Wisconsin, sounded like west part of state.

bcampbe7
05-09-2005, 03:50 PM
Come on MC, hook Wakegirl up. Don't make her start asking people what DTPA means.

How much would it cost me to find out what DTPA means?!? :D

Side Note:
Doug, you have 25 more post till 6000. Was't it like a month and a half ago you crossed 5000? :eek:

east tx skier
05-09-2005, 03:51 PM
How much would it cost me to find out what DTPA means?!? :D

Free I suspect. Just google DTPA and whatever state you want.

bcampbe7
05-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Got it... :D

jayocheskey
05-09-2005, 04:09 PM
I would like to point out that this SHOULD not be a MasterCraft problem. However; it WILL BECOME a MasterCraft problem if they neglect to "right" this situation immediately. The obvious solution to this entire ordeal -- New Boat & The COMPLETE demise of one Shoddy MasterCraft dealer; anything less is completely unacceptable - at least, that's what common sense would lead me to believe.

The MasterCraft brand stands for quality; a value that has slipped far off the radar screen of this poor excuse for a M/C dealership. I BELIEVE(could be wrong) it was Henri Fayol (Modern Father of Management) who suggested cutting the bottom 10% of an organization annually to remain competitive. This approach, however harsh it may sound, would be extremely beneficial to MasterCraft boat company long term. The actions taken over the next few days and weeks in this situation will reflect directly upon the senior management and leadership. I pray that they take action to restore and rectify their name; if not, irreparable damage has been done.

lakes Rick
05-09-2005, 04:53 PM
I hate to say it, but depending on what MC has to say today, it may be time to lawyer up.

If I recall you are a younger guy?? Guessing from your comments you have had no experience in a situation like this?? Trust me, I truly understand that H2O girl is PO, but hot headed threats like this can certainly backfire on you..

My EX company I worked for was owned by a british firm called Tomkins... At our twice a year meeting, the head of the law firm they owned, put on an hour long meeting about legal matters and what to say and what to NOT say.. They cleaned out alot of people in a two year time frame, I was one of them.. All had legal rights to fight, if not age discrimination.. The President ( what a jerk) just had the law firm keep on fighting and appealing the cases ( why not, they were paying the lawyers wages, might as well put em to work) until the fired employees ran OUT OF MONEY.. I guarantee you the lawyers got paid.. I personally did not stir anything up even when I found out potential employers who were calling off of my resume were being told "I NEVER worked there".... Its called little money chasing big money"......

Another manager of mine carried our law firms business cards.. When we were on a complaint, if somebody even BREATHED lawyer, my boss handed him there card and said "Don't call me again, call my legal firm"... What happened there was we would have taken care of any problems, but a big mouth thought he would voice a threat and boom, show your cards brother...

Are you aware that lawyers get paid by the hour?? Whether you win or lose?? And just because something is not right has nothing to do with the law??

My divorce lawyer told me that the "law has nothing to do with justice"....

So before you think Johnny Cochrans replacement is gonna come running here, you need to understand why lawyers wear Armani suits, someone pays.......

djhuff
05-09-2005, 05:10 PM
What she can do though, is speak to a lawyer so that she knows what to ask for, just don't tell any MC reps that she has one. If it degrades to that point, the lawyer will be up on all of the facts, just like I'm sure the MC lawyers are already.

My previous company did the same thing, if a customer uttered the "L" word, conversation over.

jpattigr
05-09-2005, 05:27 PM
I do find it interesting that Jim or MyMC have not posted on this issue! They are very quick to catch any positive comments about other brands but when one of there own have issues all is quiet!!

east tx skier
05-09-2005, 05:40 PM
What Rick said.

And for the record, (a) I don't own an Armani suit, and (b) I did say that I thought MC could light a fire faster than a lawyer could.

You might find yourself asking, what would a lawyer do if it was his boat that a dealer screwed up. Well, I'll tell you. But it might not really apply apples to apples as (1) this lawyer has a 12 year old boat, and (2) I didn't get screwed quite so badly by this dealer.

As some of you know, I'd been having throttle issues. With no MC dealer nearby, I usually take my boat to my local CC dealer. However, they were moving locations and not taking new boats. So I took my boat to a nearby dealer who swore they were up to teh task. They had several tournament boats, MC included, in stock. Two weeks later, they "fixed" my problem by taking a pair of pliers to the throttle cable and crimping it, necessitating that I yank the throttle cable really hard to get it back to neutral. I paid for this "fix" and immediately took my boat to the CC dealer, who was delayed in their move and taking new service orders again. These guys completely fixed all my problems with a $30 mount and a $37 labor charge. Of course, that's not including the new throttle cable that had to be purchased and installed because mine was now irrepairable.

Well, to make a long story short, the other dealer agreed to reimburse me the hour's worth of labor they charged me to break my throttle cable (although that reimbursement has not arrived yet). They flat out refused to pay for the new throttle cable.

So what am I'm going to do. I'll tell you. I'm letting it go because with that, I get peace of mind. Litigation is a headache that should be avoided unless it's really, really worth it to you. It rarely is, at least not in my situation. With a new boat, you may feel differently.

As Rick mentioned, lawyers cost a lot of money. As a lawyer, I have the benefit of knowing lawyers that will do me a favor. In mid-dollar situations, in which I have no thought of actually ever filing a lawsuit, but would like to get my money back and have exhausted the nice guy routine, I have a friend write a letter. As Rick said, they turn it over to their legal team that writes a letter back, usually claiming that I'm crazy. My friend writes them again saying that I'm not crazy, just misunderstood. And the dance continues. Eventually, we offer to settle. They have to talk to their client about this and, of course, write another letter back. Am I going to sue. Nah. Not worth it. But I can usually be satisfied that they have paid their attorneys three times what they owe me by the time all is said and done. The last time I went this route, I had a settlement check after two letters (whole 'nother story, but another lousy mechanic).

But again, this time, I'm letting it go. And I'm fine with it. I could have gotten this scumbag dealer's lawyer a new Armani suit, but I'm glad to have my boat back and the water was perrrrrfect this weekend. That's enough for me.

Sorry for being so long-winded. To sum it up, Rick's right. You want to try to get MC to help you before you get involved with lawyers and lawsuits. It's a bad situation in which to be involved, no foolin'. Hope you get it resolved.

Tom023
05-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Doug,

In your type of situation, I've always heard to take 'em to small claims court. The idea has always been explained that you state your case and Judge Wapner rules. Any thruth to that scenario and is it worth it?

east tx skier
05-09-2005, 05:57 PM
Tom, I can't give legal advice due to the type of job I have. But for the low dollar amount that I'm out in my situation, small claim's court could be an option.

When I kicked my head back on Saturday and heard my ski cutting through that glassy water, the dollars I'd lost getting there were the furthest thing from my mind.

Farmer Ted
05-09-2005, 06:25 PM
What Rick said.

And for the record, (a) I don't own an Armani suit...

I bet you own a Purlple and Gold Velor LSU track suit from Dillards..... :worthy:

MasterMason
05-09-2005, 06:35 PM
I bet you own a Purlple and Gold Velor LSU track suit from Dillards..... :worthy:

That just sounds wrong on so many levels

ljothen
05-09-2005, 06:56 PM
diesel-

We didnt have any choice in the matter of where the boat got the new engine/trans.
This is what MC insisted we do. They were giving them another chance.

east tx skier
05-09-2005, 08:10 PM

If I gave you the impression that I've ever uttered the words, Geaux Tigers, I apologize. ;)

/hook 'em

André
05-09-2005, 08:56 PM
diesel-

I wonder what Mr Trump would say here... :eek: :worthy:

H2OGirl
05-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Okay I did hear from MC today, but because of the situation I am not going to say more until I know more. Let's just say Mr. Dorton knows of the situation. As far as taking it back to Powerhouse as Lance said, it was a request from MC, no we are not taking it back to them no matter what!! Lemon law, we looked into it already does not apply to boats in WI.

bradamerry
05-09-2005, 09:26 PM
If I gave you the impression that I've ever uttered the words, Geaux Tigers, I apologize. ;)

/hook 'em
Don't make me come to Caddo and steal your magnets and balls!!!! :rolleyes:

André
05-09-2005, 09:57 PM
Okay I did hear from MC today, but because of the situation I am not going to say more until I know more. Let's just say Mr. Dorton knows of the situation. As far as taking it back to Powerhouse as Lance said, it was a request from MC, no we are not taking it back to them no matter what!! Lemon law, we looked into it already does not apply to boats in WI.
Can you tell us if they mentionned "The board" and ask you not to post your problems ? :confused:

lakes Rick
05-09-2005, 10:00 PM
EastTX.. My friends EX brother in law ran off with the new RICH neighbor lady, ( thats why he is the EX) and he now has Armani suits.. They are REALLY nice.. His Rolex is pretty nice too...

P.S. She is REALLY rich....

jayocheskey
05-10-2005, 01:06 AM
If I recall you are a younger guy?? Guessing from your comments you have had no experience in a situation like this?? Trust me, I truly understand that H2O girl is PO, but hot headed threats like this can certainly backfire on you..

My EX company I worked for was owned by a british firm called Tomkins... At our twice a year meeting, the head of the law firm they owned, put on an hour long meeting about legal matters and what to say and what to NOT say.. They cleaned out alot of people in a two year time frame, I was one of them.. All had legal rights to fight, if not age discrimination.. The President ( what a jerk) just had the law firm keep on fighting and appealing the cases ( why not, they were paying the lawyers wages, might as well put em to work) until the fired employees ran OUT OF MONEY.. I guarantee you the lawyers got paid.. I personally did not stir anything up even when I found out potential employers who were calling off of my resume were being told "I NEVER worked there".... Its called little money chasing big money"......

Another manager of mine carried our law firms <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="" onmouseover="window.status='business cards'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">business cards</a>.. When we were on a complaint, if somebody even BREATHED lawyer, my boss handed him there card and said "Don't call me again, call my legal firm"... What happened there was we would have taken care of any problems, but a big mouth thought he would voice a threat and boom, show your cards brother...

Are you aware that lawyers get paid by the hour?? Whether you win or lose?? And just because something is not right has nothing to do with the law??

My divorce lawyer told me that the "law has nothing to do with justice"....

So before you think Johnny Cochrans replacement is gonna come running here, you need to understand why lawyers wear Armani suits, someone pays.......
It'd be a lot shorter if you just said, "Shut up young dummy!" next time.

erkoehler
05-10-2005, 01:08 AM
Could have saved me some reading time, and added for some more boat shopping time! So, thanks to you I go without a boat another day....

jayocheskey
05-10-2005, 01:19 AM
Could have saved me some reading time, and added for some more boat shopping time! So, thanks to you I go without a boat another day....
You certainly can't use that as an excuse. Everyone knows you're only after the highest poster position on this website. Maybe if you cut down on your thoughtless posts, you'd have more time to find that perfect boat -- believe me -- it's worth it. Shop wisely.

H2OGirl
05-10-2005, 08:35 AM
I do find it interesting that Jim or MyMC have not posted on this issue! They are very quick to catch any positive comments about other brands but when one of there own have issues all is quiet!!
I imagine because they are dealers, and MC does patrol these sites to see what is up with their customers and what the opinions are of their customers are, it is in their best interest to stay out of it...correct me if I am wrong. If I am wrong, I'd love to hear how you two would handle this situation.

H2OGirl
05-10-2005, 08:39 AM
Can you tell us if they mentionned "The board" and ask you not to post your problems ? :confused:
This board was not mentioned, I was not asked to keep quiet, I am choosing too until I know more. I do know that someone has been following this from behind the sceens, be assured that MC and Indmar both patrol these sites to keep and eye on what their customers are saying.

jsonova99
05-10-2005, 09:32 AM
This board was not mentioned, I was not asked to keep quiet, I am choosing too until I know more. I do know that someone has been following this from behind the sceens, be assured that MC and Indmar both patrol these sites to keep and eye on what their customers are saying.

I'm sure they do, in fact I'll bet this was an idea by MC's marketing people to get feedback on the product more than for MC owners to share info :twocents:

6ballsisall
05-10-2005, 09:36 AM
I'm sure they do, in fact I'll bet this was an idea by MC's marketing people to get feedback on the product more than for MC owners to share info :twocents:

Bingo, we have a winner!! Right on the money! Smart aren't they!

bcampbe7
05-10-2005, 09:51 AM

Can't say I blame them. I think it's a great idea. We share information, get help with various issues, and (hopefully) MC takes it and uses it to their, and our, advantage. Win/Win

Diesel
05-10-2005, 09:55 AM
diesel-

We didnt have any choice in the matter of where the boat got the new engine/trans.

Hopefully MC has learned their lesson and they take appropriate action.

I do hope this works out for you guys. I have owned Mastercrafts for the better part of my life and your experience is certainly an exception. MC better step up to the plate this time and personally make sure this situation gets solved to your complete satisfaction. Good luck........... ;) we will all be watching MC's reaction.

LakePirate
05-10-2005, 09:56 AM
Hey ERK maybe you could call Vonore and see if you can apply for the job of reading the board all day.....

jsonova99
05-10-2005, 10:08 AM
Hey ERK maybe you could call Vonore and see if you can apply for the job of reading the board all day.....

Honestly, that would be a great markerting ploy, too. Get somebody on the inside who can probe people and really pull some info. This site should be a gold mine for MC, forget owner surveys and what not, this site is the next best thing to predicting the future. If MC uses the data from this right, they should know what is good and bad about their boats, what is good and bad about service and dealers, what new products they should look into. This is really a great tool for a company.

east tx skier
05-10-2005, 10:08 AM
Don't make me come to Caddo and steal your magnets and balls!!!! :rolleyes:

Brad, for your own good, when you come, bring your truck. It was on the way to Louisiana that I ran over a channel marker last year. My new rule of thumb is that I don't take my boat (or anyone elses) to the LA side of Caddo. :o

Oh, and keep your hands off my turn balls!

WakeGirl, I'm glad MC has stepped in. I hope this situation is resolved for you expeditiously so that you can get that boat out on the water and enjoy it.

JSNova99, you're right. And I believe MC keeps a pretty close watch on this board.

east tx skier
05-10-2005, 10:10 AM
EastTX.. My friends EX brother in law ran off with the new RICH neighbor lady, ( thats why he is the EX) and he now has Armani suits.. They are REALLY nice.. His Rolex is pretty nice too...

P.S. She is REALLY rich....

What, did you lift his Rolex or something? ;)

lakes Rick
05-10-2005, 10:19 AM
It'd be a lot shorter if you just said, "Shut up young dummy!" next time.

Hey I can be PC sometimes...

On another site I had to deal with an 18 year old who was getting married. He asked for some advice, I gave it, he didn't like it because he knew it all already.. I mean he knew his 17 year old bride to be for TWO WHOLE years.... Child support enforcement already has a file started for him....

lakes Rick
05-10-2005, 10:20 AM

Now you sound like my EX.. Its STILL my fault when something goes wrong at her place.....

lakes Rick
05-10-2005, 10:23 AM
What, did you lift his Rolex or something? ;)

No, not my style East.. I mean the watch AND I am not a thief.... Just a nice Seiko for me please....

east tx skier
05-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Agreed. I'm on my second Seiko. The first one lasted me 20 years. Actually, I still have it. But my wife bought me a new one as a wedding gift.

WakePowell
05-10-2005, 11:05 AM
You can bet that Mastercraft reviews this board. I am surprised that they have let this thread continue. When I first posted about issues with my '05 the thread only lasted 12 hours before it "disappeared". When that happened I was sure nervous about the company I was dealing with. I spent $80K on a boat that had issues from the factory. Asked a question on this board about the issues and started to get some responses, then "poof" my post and all reply's disappeared. I e-mailed the administrator to find out what I did wrong and they were very apologetic about erasing my post and actually had Bill Gaddis call me.

H2OGirl
05-10-2005, 11:17 AM
I just got off the phone with Mastercraft HQ and I have our options...

They offered to take the boat back and refund full purchase price, we can then do whatever we want...different company maybe or

They offered to take this boat back and give us a new one, unfortunately they are all sold out of '05 X-10's and do not have one at a dealership with same colors and options so they are willing to give us an '06. They would fix the '05, at a different dealership of course which they have already spoken to the next closest dealership and briefed them of the situation, so we could use the old boat until the new one arrives.

I think either way MC has stepped up to the plate and are doing whatever they can to fix the situation for Lance and I, I have to give them credit for handleing this situation quickly and very professionally. I guess customer service still is a priority for them!! :banana: :banana: I would be more then willing to recommend a MC to anyone still, even with our troubles, now Powerhouse is a different story, I will tell everyone to steer clear of them.

I did ask what happens to Powerhouse and I wasn't really given an answer, I suspect they can't discuss that sort of thing with me. Hopefully they will get some much needed adjusting in customer service.

Lance and I are going to take our time and weigh our options carefully before we make any decisions. We dont' even know for sure if we like this boat, we really haven't had any experience with it, we haven't even gotten to take a pull behind it to see if we like the wake or not?! You can bet Lance and I will be sitting down and doing some serious talking this over. Either way I don't think we can go wrong and MC is taking care of us. The way MC has handled this has restored my confidence in the company and we will surly concider staying with the MC family.

We just really have to sit down and talk and make sure we get all our questions answered before we make any decisions.

bcampbe7
05-10-2005, 11:26 AM
That's great to hear H2OGirl. MC has done the right thing, and in the end will benefit not only you, but there future sales. I know that this guy will always own a MC.

This dealer on the other hand should only be allowed to sell 12' aluminum boats with no motor. They surely couldn't screw those up. Don't even have to water test them. Not that they would do that anyway. :)

MYMC
05-10-2005, 11:32 AM

I have followed this post from the beginning, and even responded to her questions over at my site. I have refrained from posting here because I have nothing helpful or insightful to add. It is a bad situation and there is nothing publicly I can do about it… other than pile on (which resolves nothing). What you don't know is that I forwarded all the information to MC back at the beginning in an effort to help bring quick resolution...nothing interesting about it, just trying to help a customer and the brand.

Your assertion that I am “quiet” when “one of my own” has an issue is ridiculous! I call a spade a spade (when I have the facts to do so) and most times could care less about the “political ramifications”…read the X-Star tower post or the L-18 post they are a small sample of the issues I do not hide from. However; there are times that I can be much more effective by staying off the radar. I try to assist anyone that asks...to infer that I troll the board simply to bash other products is ludicrous.

sizzler
05-10-2005, 11:36 AM
dont beat around the bush MYMC....just come out with it :D

H2OGirl
05-10-2005, 11:38 AM
I have followed this post from the beginning, and even responded to her questions over at my site. I have refrained from posting here because I have nothing helpful or insightful to add. It is a bad situation and there is nothing publicly I can do about it… other than pile on (which resolves nothing). What you don't know is that I forwarded all the information to MC back at the beginning in an effort to help bring quick resolution...nothing interesting about it, just trying to help a customer and the brand.

Your assertion that I am “quiet” when “one of my own” has an issue is ridiculous! I call a spade a spade (when I have the facts to do so) and most times could care less about the “political ramifications”…read the X-Star tower post or the L-18 post they are a small sample of the issues I do not hide from. However; there are times that I can be much more effective by staying off the radar. I try to assist anyone that asks...to infer that I troll the board simply to bash other products is ludicrous.Thank you for doing so to help us out. It turns out, MC really is doing what they can to help us out.

G-man
05-10-2005, 11:45 AM
I think this is great that MC has stepped up to the plate and gave you options on what you can do. I have no idea what brands of inboards are near you but talk with customers of their service departments and find out if one stands out before switching brands. You have already proved what one dealership can do to a brands reputation.

Mag_Red
05-10-2005, 11:48 AM
:friday: H2O Girl, glad MC stepped up to the plate! A demo boat would be nice while you're waiting for an '06 ..........like that would happen LOL

H2OGirl
05-10-2005, 11:58 AM
:friday: H2O Girl, glad MC stepped up to the plate! A demo boat would be nice while you're waiting for an '06 ..........like that would happen LOL
Should we choose to get a new boat, we get to use the '05 until the new one arrives, we wouldn't be without a boat. We'd let them give us an X-star to demo :dance:

Dan K
05-10-2005, 12:00 PM
H2O Girl, I think MC really stepped up to the plate to offer you the options they have. It shows to you and others that they stand behind their reputation. I would keep your current boat until the new 06 they offered you arrives. you can also tell MC that I will take your old boat 'as is' for the right price since I believe they have addressed all the issues it may have had, I'll even come pick it up.

Heck I have had bigger issues with my 81 and have taken care of it myself, not that I am implying in anyway that you should have done the same. You had every right to ask for what you did.

H2OGirl
05-10-2005, 12:05 PM
H2O Girl, I think MC really stepped up to the plate to offer you the options they have. It shows to you and others that they stand behind their reputation. I would keep your current boat until the new 06 they offered you arrives. you can also tell MC that I will take your old boat 'as is' for the right price since I believe they have addressed all the issues it may have had, I'll even come pick it up.

Heck I have had bigger issues with my 81 and have taken care of it myself, not that I am implying in anyway that you should have done the same. You had every right to ask for what you did.
You do know ours doesn't start right? It also has to have the shift cable replaced again. They two problems could be related and a simple fix, you are right someone will probably get a hell of a good deal on a really nice boat.

jimmer2880
05-10-2005, 12:05 PM
This absolutely re-affirms my dedication to MC. Like others have said, there are always problems. It's how they are handled that makes the company.

MYMC - glad you helped her out.

east tx skier
05-10-2005, 12:14 PM
Kudos to all who have helped to make this situation a good one. Speaks volumes when a company stands behind their brand like this.

Dan K
05-10-2005, 12:18 PM
H2O Girl
Having always owned an old boat I have developed the perspective that it is only parts that need to be replaced or fixed.

I love my boat and am pretty particular how it is treated, but it is simply a mechanical machine in the end. Parts put together to perform a function. When the function fails it is related to a part somewhere.
I always hope that it is a cheap part that fails.

Diesel
05-10-2005, 12:27 PM
This is exactly why I bought another MC this year!! I am glad to hear you will be taken care of properly and MC has finally stepped up the plate. :)

Yes, you do have a lot to think about and a big decision to be made. I can only tell you from my personal experiences that I do not think their is a better built ski boat in the industry. MC has proven thier ability to go above and beyond the customer's expectations even when it was clearly the dealer's fault. I might be hard to overlook the past few month's experience but IMHO you cannot go wrong with a MC. You will just have to decide if having a dealer a couple hours away will be a problem. FWIW in the 10 years I have owned my PS205 it has only been back to the dealer once. Hopefully if you decide to stay with MC your replacement boat will rarely need dealer work as it sounds like your husband should be able to handle all the maint.

I think the dealer was the issue in this case. A simple dealer water test/orientation would have probably caught the hose before you ever took delivery of the boat. In addition, I have no idea what they were thinking not water testing the boat after the engine swap. They should have taken you out on the boat to ensure everything was fixed and operating to your satisfaction. Unfortuanely a dealer can make or break an individual's experience and in most case's it is the manufacture's reputation suffers the most.

Good luck with your decision and I hope when all is said and done you remain a MC customer. It is about time you start enjoying you new purchase and see what all of us loyal MC owners are talking about!! :)

D

Maristar210
05-10-2005, 12:44 PM
This is exactly why I bought another MC this year!! I am glad to hear you will be taken care of properly and MC has finally stepped up the plate. :)

Yes, you do have a lot to think about and a big decision to be made. I can only tell you from my personal experiences that I do not think their is a better built ski boat in the industry. MC has proven thier ability to go above and beyond the customer's expectations even when it was clearly the dealer's fault. I might be hard to overlook the past few month's experience but IMHO you cannot go wrong with a MC. You will just have to decide if having a dealer a couple hours away will be a problem. FWIW in the 10 years I have owned my PS205 it has only been back to the dealer once. Hopefully if you decide to stay with MC your replacement boat will rarely need dealer work as it sounds like your husband should be able to handle all the maint.

I think the dealer was the issue in this case. A simple dealer water test/orientation would have probably caught the hose before you ever took delivery of the boat. In addition, I have no idea what they were thinking not water testing the boat after the engine swap. They should have taken you out on the boat to ensure everything was fixed and operating to your satisfaction. Unfortuanely a dealer can make or break an individual's experience and in most case's it is the manufacture's reputation suffers the most.

Good luck with your decision and I hope when all is said and done you remain a MC customer. It is about time you start enjoying you new purchase and see what all of us loyal MC owners are talking about!! :)

D

I echo these sentiments as well. I have been very interested in learning how this situation turned out and as a new boat owner, on payment number 002 of 180, I am certainly glad to hear that MC proposed an offering of integrity and one of committment to its loyal customers. This just reassurres me I made the right decision. WHEW!!! Good Luck with the 06 (if you choose) it sounds like the right move to me.

Steve

jsonova99
05-10-2005, 12:59 PM
Good to hear there was a happy ending. Had this ordeal been with a car comapny, I can assure you that you would have been screwed based on some experiences some friends of mine had. This will definitley put MC managment back in high regards with this board which will then be spread to many other perspective buyers. A simple gesture likethis on MC's part will pay for itself 10 times over in time.

peason
05-10-2005, 01:00 PM
This sounds like a very good outcome for a difficult situation. I am sure it has been an unpleasant journey- but it looks like the out come will be okay. I am getting my boat back today, which had the hull replaced due to some cracks in the gel coat. I am very anxious to get it back and examine the work that has been done. I originally had the hull repaired by my dealer and when it came back it wasn't done correctly, so we worked with MC to replace the hull. We'll see how it goes.
I hope you choose another MC - I feel that they have been pretty good to us despite some of the original problems with the boat. Just think after you have the boat 10 years you can post all of your "improvements" to the original.

MYMC
05-10-2005, 01:12 PM
H20, if it was any help I am glad I was able to do it. Good luck to you in the future no matter what option you choose.

Rockman
05-10-2005, 01:36 PM
H20GIRL,

VERY glad to see that MC was able to correct the problem for you and Lance. They have done the right thing, not only to re-instate your belief and loyalty to the company but also to all (not speaking for everyone on this board) of those loyal MC owners on this board, me included. That shows alot!

Good luck to you in making a decision from where to go now. Wakeboard behind all the boats that MC can let you demo. Most importantly, buy the one you like the best. We all just want you to be a happy camper. ;)

You can demo our MC anytime you want in Wautoma, even though it's not for sale, we take ya out. :D

bradamerry
05-10-2005, 01:38 PM
Glad to see it will all work out for you, SOON.... Way to go MC on making a bad deal for a customer better...

sfitzgerald351
05-10-2005, 03:44 PM
This is great! Glad to see that MC is standing behind their work. Good luck with whatever you choose to do. Unfortunate it took so long to get around a bad dealer. Hopefully they'll come up with a new dealer in the area that cares and will work on helping their dealers do a better job of being responsive to the customers. Gosh knows there are more than a few MC dealers around that could use some help from the sounds of it.

erkoehler
05-10-2005, 03:57 PM
It over!!!! Thats awesome, glad to see you got a positive ending to a not so positive situation. I hope to see you in a new MC, but whatever you pick stick around the board.

You can demo my MC whenever you want. Once i get it.

jpattigr
05-11-2005, 01:22 AM
I am very happy to hear that all is turning out fine!! Like many things there is a right way and wrong way to handle things and MC and MYMC have handled it the right way!
I was glad that MYMC jumped in stated his background involment as he has been very helpfull on many other posts. Thanks for being there.

H2O Girl - I hope both you and Lance have a great summer boating together!!

H2OGirl
05-11-2005, 04:17 PM
First I heard from Indmar on our old engine, here is what they had to say on that...Your old engine did get back here. We dropped the oil pan and checked rod and crank bearings and bore scoped the cylinders. We found no bearing or cylinder damage. We sealed it back up, put in fresh oil and sent it to MC. I guess they will put it in a photo boat or other company boat. I am confident that the engine will be just fine but I do not blame you for wanting it replaced. As I said before, I would have asked for the same.

Looks like a lot of you were right, the engine was fine, I'm still happy we asked for the swap, piece of mind.

On to the decision...Lance and I went back over our notes and research from when we first decided on a MC to refresh our memories of what else was out there. In the end we decided to stick with MC. We are going to let them build us a new X-10. This is how it is going to work, we get to keep and use the '05 X-10, they are going to fix this one, get it running for us. They are going to build us a new boat, but they are sold out of '05 so we get a '06 model. We can't order the boat until June and we should be able to take delivery sometime in July. I have spoken with the insurance company and the bank to make sure everything is a go. We are set. Lance and I will be changing dealerships of course so the new boat will be ordered through Redline Watersports out of Madison, WI. Many of you PM'd me and recommened them to us. They have been brought up to speed on what is happening, so they are prepared to take very good care of us. We are even set up to do a water delivery with them, something we never got the first time. MC is exchanging the boat option for option, including the trailer, so everything will be new. They even are going to still give us the 6 year extended warrany they originally offered us on the '05...now that is great service!

I know had it not been for Tim Best and the rest of the people at MC HQ Lance and I would've walked away from MC a long time ago, but they have been so helpful and really took care of us...if anyone has doubts about their customer service, they should look at our situation. MC really did us right. I would like to point out that Lance and I never threatened them with legal action either. The thing that impressed me the most about MC was that they offered to refund the full purchase price and let Lance and I walk away, they were willing to lose the sale to make us happy, that speaks volumes to me.

I am actually really looking forward to taking delivery of the '06, I have that excitement of buying a new boat again. Feels great ;) We aren't expecting any surprises with this boat, I think we have covered all the bases on this one. MC is even going to send me a letter, so I have something to assure me for the next month that I am getting a new boat, I'll have something in writing. No surprises...unless MC decides to throw in a few extra goodies :D

FYI our '05 will be for sale through MC when we get our new one. If Redline has a buyer for it they will be able to sell it, so for those of you interested you may want to contact them when we get our new boat. Otherwise if I understood correctly, it will go back to the factory and sold to a dealership at some point. Someone is going to get a hell of a boat at a great price I bet.

Footin
05-11-2005, 04:22 PM
I am glad everything worked out for you. It will be nice to exchange the 05 for and 06 with no extra charges!

Are you going to get the same colors?

bradamerry
05-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Happy to hear it will all work out for you folks... MC has done a great job handling this problem!!!

H2OGirl
05-11-2005, 04:24 PM
I spoke with Powerhouse this morning to bring them up to speed also, they seemed a bit mad at me. Oh well I won't lose any sleep over it. They told me it is best that Lance and I change dealerships because "Lance and you leave no room for error" How's that for customer service?

H2OGirl
05-11-2005, 04:27 PM
I am glad everything worked out for you. It will be nice to exchange the 05 for and 06 with no extra charges!

Are you going to get the same colors?
We are keeping all the same options and colors. The only thing I think we are going to change is the cover, we have the full mooring cover and really don't like it so we are going to change to the toneau cockpit and bow covers and add a spare tire.

Footin
05-11-2005, 04:28 PM
I spoke with Powerhouse this morning to bring them up to speed also, they seemed a bit mad at me. Oh well I won't lose any sleep over it. They told me it is best that Lance and I change dealerships because "Lance and you leave no room for error" How's that for customer service?

NO ROOM FOR ERROR! I would now be livid!

They errored twice....as the saying goes, screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me. Do they want to do three times?

I would leave no room for error if I was spending the kind of money you did!

H2OGirl
05-11-2005, 04:29 PM
Suppose I should change the signature now since it seems hell seems to be freezing over and getting nicer!!!

Granite_33
05-11-2005, 04:29 PM

And the small room for error would include? Letting your boat sink? :uglyhamme

Redline, like Action Watersports represents MC very well. I was considering some boats they were selling before settling on one from Action.

Good luck and :toast: to a happy outcome!

G-man
05-11-2005, 04:30 PM
To quote a comdian,"there's your sign". Time to change brands maybe, time to change dealerships, oh yea. I can almost guaranty if you stay with MC the home office will be looking over your dealer to be sure you get good customer service.

Evan Jones
05-11-2005, 04:30 PM
Sounds like you could almost justify changing it to "heaven". Congrats on your decision. Enjoy.

H2OGirl
05-11-2005, 04:32 PM
NO ROOM FOR ERROR! I would now be livid!

!
Yes, it wasn't worth getting my undies all bunched up over. I let it roll off my back and I laughed, so did Lance. They wonder why we want to change dealerships. It is all working fine for us...I hope MC chooses to do something about them, but publically condemming them maybe is good enough. I'll spread the word about my great service.

BriEOD
05-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Outstanding news H20 Girl. I'm very pleased to hear that MC took good care of you. That takes them up another notch in my book. Way to go MC!!

Footin
05-11-2005, 04:59 PM
I'll spread the word about my great service.[/QUOTE]

What will be even better is when you are out on a local lake and someone asks you about your pretty new boat and where you got it, then you comence with the story about your old dealer!

tex
05-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Congrats H20 Girl-As I said before-Worth The Wait

H2OGirl
05-11-2005, 05:09 PM
So do I still get to post the new pictures of the '06 as a newbie? Or am I just an old regular now?

lakes Rick
05-11-2005, 09:58 PM
Agreed. I'm on my second Seiko. The first one lasted me 20 years. Actually, I still have it. But my wife bought me a new one as a wedding gift.

Wife?? OH YEAH I had one of those 10 years ago next month.. Party time, an anniversary next month...

6ballsisall
05-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Glad to hear it is all working out H20!!

I really hope for MC's sake they ditch that dealer, they are a sorry excuse for any boat dealership.

MC is really stepping up to the plate and thats awesome! :toast:

H2OGirl
05-14-2005, 08:16 PM
It would seem we have some good news with the '05 X-10. Lance spoke with the Service Manager at Redline and they were able to get the shift cable figured out so the boat starts and runs right. We even took the boat to the lake to test it out, make sure it ran. NO problems :dance: :dance: Now all we need is some sun...it is colder than ever, high today was only in the 40's with lots of wind and rain. The lows are getting into the high 30's...what happened to the sun?

André
05-14-2005, 08:22 PM
That must be different feeling,a no problems outting !!!
No sun here neither was 30 f friday morning!

H2OGirl
05-14-2005, 08:28 PM
Too bad it only lasted like 15 min. Just long enough to make sure we didn't have to take the boat to Madison to get it fixed. It was flippen' cold that day. This weather has to go. The water temp was still 61 degrees though. We are going to try to get out tomorrow, as long as the sun comes out. Only a high of 60ish, but the itch is getting to us. Still haven't been behind this boat!!

whitedog
05-14-2005, 10:44 PM
Glad to here every thing is working out. You will be happy working with Redline, great people. Any dealership who will supply boats for a fundraiser in the middle of January when the high temp is only +5 F is worth alot. They will treat you well. . Good luck.

Jim@BAWS
05-15-2005, 02:17 PM

Is there some reason why I should be brought into this problem? Why do I need to justify myself to you as NOT BEING A TROLL? MYMC
has done what I would have done IF KNEW ABOUT THIS THREAD. I was in Penna for 4 days trimming and chopping ice damaged trees not online looking for a arguement. Now of the facts...

Bay Area WaterSports has been a MASTERCRAFT dealer for 2 years this June 3rd 2005. One of the reasons is because the previous dealers less than 1 mile away had CSI in the 60's. Baiting and switching to a BU product, "It's just as good as a Mastercraft" BS.. Our CSI is 100% thats right 100%. I would have done everything possible to help with her boating problems even if purchased from another dealer. She would have purchased from us without hesitation. We treat our WORLDWIDE customers as if they are in our showroom. Here are the facts plain for everyone to see. Just to let you know I found out about this thread from WAKEWORLD.com the author had nothing but positive things to say about MC and there service

Jim@BAWS

erkoehler
05-15-2005, 03:48 PM
I hope the rain held off for you today, but it has got to be CHILLY up there! ONly 51 degrees here today.

H2OGirl
05-15-2005, 06:01 PM
Just to let you know I found out about this thread from WAKEWORLD.com the author had nothing but positive things to say about MC and there service

Jim@BAWS
The kid is also only 19 and his mommy and daddy are buying him a pimped out X-Star, did you read the rest of the thread, not everyone is so sure that what happened with us such a good thing. Some feel it should've never happened. My point is we are happy with the way things turned out and MC is being good to us, but we are in no way trying to shove MC down someone else throat as this kid is. That kid is hated on almost every site he is on. How did you miss this thread anyway, it is the second installment of the story, try reading 1st time out with new X-10...is this normal on this site (don't know how to make a link for you). I am not so sure I appreciate this kid putting our business every where for me, I know its the net and he can do whatever he wants that is the risk I took starting this post, I didn't realize I was so interesting!! :D

Side note, didn't go out today either, the temp is only like 50, no sun and windy...still flippin' freezing out and now it's supposed to rain all week and next weekend too. Why can't the weather man be wrong...like usual?

BriEOD
05-15-2005, 06:33 PM
The kid is also only 19 and ... is hated on almost every site he is on.

Hmmm...... :uglyhamme

BriEOD
05-15-2005, 06:38 PM
Just in case you all are curious: http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/227861.html?1116089992

lakes Rick
05-15-2005, 07:47 PM
Just in case you all are curious: http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/227861.html?1116089992

Thanx Bri Bri.. That was entertaining.. Makes me want to sell my boat....

H2OGirl
05-16-2005, 09:01 AM
Jim please don't take my response wrong. I assumed you and MYMC stayed out of this converstaion for very good reason. I imagine neither one of you could really offer too much advice or say too much without getting into trouble with MC, after all you represent them. I sure didn't expect either of you to bash the dealership we were dealing with or the company. I bet you couldn't tell me to keep fighting for a new boat either. I appreciate it if you did any behind the scenes work as MYMC said he did.

I was just trying to point out that the thread you were talking about is from a kid who most people hate on almost all sites. I'm not too impressed myself that he put this post on tons of other web sites as a way to show why you should buy MC. Everyone has their own opinions about what brand is for them, those other sites are not strickly MC so not everyone shares the same love for the boat. I only shared my story because I was seeking help and advise about what to do. I wasn't trying to bad mouth MC or the dealership we used. I just wanted some advice and I figured most of you on this site were MC owners and maybe had some names or places to start. There is a reason I didn't post my story everywhere!!

Leroy
05-16-2005, 09:18 AM
H20Girl; I think most of what happened, happens to every boat manf and I believe MC stepped up. Your dealer was a different issue, even up to the biggest mistake when he did not water testing after the engine swap.

Leroy
05-16-2005, 09:20 AM
Must be some of the 20-30 guests we normally have!

H2OGirl
05-17-2005, 08:56 AM
Leroy, I agree MC has stepped up...here is some more good news for Lance and I.

I told everyone I requested a letter explaining everything MC and us had agreed upon. I received the letter yesterday and I was very pleasantly surprised. It seems MC is going to include a few of the options Lance and I didn't get the first time around, but were going to pay for this time around. We were told the exhange would be option for option and if we wanted to upgrade or add anything we sure could we would just have to pay the difference, sounded good to us. I only mentioned to Mr. Best some of the things Lance and I wanted to add, did not ask for them and we were more than willing to pay for the upgrades. Just getting a new boat has us tickled pink. I know why we chose a MC now.

H2OGirl
05-17-2005, 08:58 AM
H20Girl; Your dealer was a different issue, even up to the biggest mistake when he did not water testing after the engine swap.
I guess Powerhouse is getting more bad publicity than I ever expected, I guess I should be thanking the kid...But remember "There is no room for error with Lance and I"

X_Star05
05-18-2005, 12:23 AM
I guess I’m "the kid" you are referring too. The only reason why I posted this thread at wakeworld.com and wakeboarder.com was because I wanted people to see what MasterCraft is all about! You hear people say, this company XXX would have done the same thing, but you don’t see it. MasterCraft talks the talk, but they also walk the walk.

Hearing stories like yours, which is a bad story with a good ending, would have convinced me to buy a MasterCraft! I have an X-Star on order, and I just feel that much more comfortable owning a MasterCraft after hearing your story.

Sorry if you didn’t want this thread or your person issues with your boat/dealer posted all over the internet. I just thought your story should be shared…

Leroy
05-18-2005, 12:53 AM
This is great to hear H20Girl! Hope the other sites hear this after what you have been through!

Time to put this behind you and get on with the water sports! Here's to the next posts of you and Lance "shredding butter" and all of the other fun stuff. :toast:

H2OGirl
05-18-2005, 09:03 AM
I guess I’m "the kid" you are referring too. The only reason why I posted this thread at wakeworld.com and wakeboarder.com was because I wanted people to see what MasterCraft is all about! You hear people say, this company XXX would have done the same thing, but you don’t see it. MasterCraft talks the talk, but they also walk the walk.

Hearing stories like yours, which is a bad story with a good ending, would have convinced me to buy a MasterCraft! I have an X-Star on order, and I just feel that much more comfortable owning a MasterCraft after hearing your story.

Sorry if you didn’t want this thread or your person issues with your boat/dealer posted all over the internet. I just thought your story should be shared…
How exactly would you know the other companies wouldn't have done the same thing...maybe it wouldn't have happened with another company...this whole situation started because of some careless workmanship at the factory...then escalated because the boat made it through two water tests and no one caught the water hose that wasn't connected properly. Don't get me wrong, I still think MC is a great company and they are taking care of the situation, I stayed with them when I had the chance to go to another company. Don't use me and my situation to shove MC down anyone's throat. You didn't even give all those other people the real story, only the good half.

Ric
05-18-2005, 10:09 AM
boring---
they don't seem to have the same camraderie over at that board do they?

NeilM
06-02-2005, 12:14 AM
H2OGirl, I've been away for almost a month (work)..I'm glad to hear you've got a solution..

Good luck!

erkoehler
06-02-2005, 12:17 AM
welcome back!

jayocheskey
06-02-2005, 12:29 AM
How exactly would you know the other companies wouldn't have done the same thing...maybe it wouldn't have happened with another company...this whole situation started because of some careless workmanship at the factory...then escalated because the boat made it through two water tests and no one caught the water hose that wasn't connected properly. Don't get me wrong, I still think MC is a great company and they are taking care of the situation, I stayed with them when I had the chance to go to another company. Don't use me and my situation to shove MC down anyone's throat. You didn't even give all those other people the real story, only the good half.
H20Girl,
Maybe I'm missing a big piece of this puzzle, and I KNOW it's none of my business -- BUT -- It sounds to me like "the kid" as you refer to him, is supporting you. You're typing is coming across as rather harsh toward this guy. You are pleased with the end result, correct?

My opinion on the entire situation is, and I've said this soon after this situation began, you wouldn't buy a Hummer without test driving it with the dealer first -- why in the world would you buy a boat without that same crucial test drive. You don't ever take someone else's word for it when it's YOUR money. You won't like this next part, but unless your dealer was 100% AGAINST a test drive with you (which I highly doubt) then you are partly to blame for this situation. I test drove my boat twice before I purchased. The day of purchase, we were on the water for 2 hours.

Bottom line -- you're about to spend a lot of money with these people. If they aren't willing to bend over backwards for you before you purchase - you HAVE to make them.

jayocheskey
06-02-2005, 12:31 AM
H20 Girl,

I just read my previous post. I want to assure you that I'm not trying to attack you (it sorta came across that way) I'm just calling it how I see it. You did inform us of every detail, and I followed your story closely - so I FEEL like I know the whole thing. But, like I said, I could be missing some info.

I'M DEFINITELY GLAD THAT YOU GUYS WERE TAKEN CARE OF THOUGH!!! NOW WEAR THAT NEW BOAT OUT!!!

H2OGirl
06-02-2005, 08:08 AM
Jayocheskey no offence taken, I am extremely satisfied with how MC handled the situation and our boat. You are probably right we should've taken it for a test run, although we would've ended up with the same results because the hose was still off and still leaking, rather the dealer was with us or not it still would've fallen off, they never caught it when they water tested it. But can't change the past and with the delivery of the new boat they already have it set up where they will be taking us out on the boat for its first run.

For those of you following this still, I got the word yesterday from MC that we can place the order for our new boat on Monday. Hopefully that means it will be on the production schedule soon and being delivered just as quickly. We are getting the exact same boat, same colors, same options as the '05. That is what we finally decided on.

As for the stuff with "the kid, or X-Star05 or Ryan" I know he was supporting MC and thinks it is awesome that they stood behind their boats, I guess you'd have to read all the stuff on the other boards he felt compelled to post my story on. The other boards aren't strickly MC fans and of course they jumped all over this story. It just P****d me off I guess, X-star05 isn't liked very much on the other boards he posts on, he was using this story as a way to prove MC was a better company than all the other boat companies because he claims the other companies would've never done the same thing and so on...
I guess it boils down to it was my story to tell and if I wanted it on every web site that talks about boats I would've put it there. I only put it here because I figured someone on this board would have some advice or suggestions as to what we should do. I wasn't ever looking to bash MC or the dealership we bought the boat from, just wanted some help.

BarefootWt
06-02-2005, 10:31 AM
Personally, I would be contacting the area MC Sales rep and asking him to investigate, and somehow make good with you. If you call MC Customer Support, they should be able to provide the rep's number for your area. Here's hoping you get this resolved quickly, and start enjoying your MC - they are a sweet boat!