PDA

View Full Version : Fires in Southern California

Don
11-15-2008, 01:35 PM
I know there are members here from Southern California. The fires look ominous/terrifing. My heart goes out to those that maybe affected and pray you are safe. We have family in Oxnard, north of LA, who are fine.

RexDog1
11-15-2008, 02:03 PM
it is going to be a long day packing up:(

coz
11-15-2008, 02:11 PM

RD! tell me that's not YL :eek: that looks like stonehaven dr.

EDIT= It looks like it, be safe RD http://www.ktla.com/landing_topstories/?Brush-Fires-Now-Burning-in-Corona-and-Pa=1&blockID=135884&feedID=1198

TMCNo1
11-15-2008, 03:23 PM
RD! tell me that's not YL :eek: that looks like stonehaven dr.

EDIT= It looks like it, be safe RD http://www.ktla.com/landing_topstories/?Brush-Fires-Now-Burning-in-Corona-and-Pa=1&blockID=135884&feedID=1198

Where did the fire start, in the Wakecraft factory?:rolleyes:

coz
11-15-2008, 03:33 PM

No, just happens a few times every year (and I mean every year) like clock work :rolleyes:

Sodar
11-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Jon.... Call me if you need any help. Ash & I went out to Corona for her niece's soccer game at 8:30am and are going to stay out here for the day, if you need anything, I can be there in about 20 minutes.

Call me if ya need anything...

coz
11-15-2008, 07:02 PM
If Jon is by where we were he's been evacuated, my son has been texting with a couple of his buddies and they were evacuated, he has another friend that lives along esperanza rd & imperial that hasn't yet. I assure you it's a traffic nightmare right now around there, you have alot of people trying to leave with only 2 ways out in that part of YL :mad: Good luck RD

Sodar
11-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Few pics driving around Corona, Yorba and Anaheim Hills....

X2M
11-15-2008, 07:18 PM

Stay safe down there! Let me know if you need anything.

coz
11-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Few pics driving around Corona, Yorba and Anaheim Hills....

That's heavy dude :eek: me and my wife were looking at those saying I know right where that is and I hope so & so's house didn't get hit :mad:

Maristar210
11-15-2008, 08:52 PM
You guys stay safe

Cameroonie Nice partial Ashlee shot

RexDog1
11-16-2008, 01:07 PM
What a day, and night, my Prayers go out our friends who lost there homes, we were evacuated but we just packed up the cars, I had the Race car in the trailer, we stayed, we were worried about the flying embers, lot of smoke damage, Cam Thanks for the offer to help, IOU a Beer my friend, we will be ok…….

This photo was taken from my front yard about 11am then all the chit hit the fan

God bless the fire fighters...........

trickskier
11-16-2008, 01:51 PM

I truly fail to see the humor in this threadjack #1..........................:mad:

Rex and his family had pack-up and leave their home behind not knowing if it would be there when they returned!!!

And you make a joke of it?!?!..............:mad:

coz
11-16-2008, 02:09 PM
What a day, and night, my Prayers go out our friends who lost there homes, we were evacuated but we just packed up the cars, I had the Race car in the trailer, we stayed, we were worried about the flying embers, lot of smoke damage, Cam Thanks for the offer to help, IOU a Beer my friend, we will be ok…….

This photo was taken from my front yard about 11am then all the chit hit the fan

That's great RD!, my sons friend was saying the flames were at his back fence when they were leaving and my son hasn't heard anything from him yet but everyone else we know came out ok too. I hope those SA's die down quick for everyone involved.

dapicatti
11-16-2008, 02:33 PM
So glad to hear you are safe RexDog1

Sodar
11-16-2008, 04:42 PM

So glad to hear everything turned out OK, Jon. Thoughts and prayers go out to all those who lost anything in the fire. I am going to be very interested to see how this thing was started. Seems a bit too ironic to start in a riverbed... just saying.

We drove back out last night around 9pm, just to check things out. We made it pretty far up La Palma and then took Fairmont up as far as we could until they started checking ID's for residency... got some really great pics.

Funny story though. I pull up to the intersection at La Palma and Imperial. I look over and go "Holy Sh*t.. That is Jon Force" anyways, Ash had to use the restroom, so we pulled into Keno's and as we are walking through the parking lot, we see laurie and the girls getting in John's truck to head up the hill.

coz
11-16-2008, 04:51 PM
My wife just found out that friends of my son & daughter both lost thier homes, they were at YL blvd. & San Antonio :mad: those firestorms are some mean stuff man! :mad:

RexDog1
11-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Cam, don’t you know John’s favorite eats is Keno’s? It has a Bar………. LOL

I took some photos with my phone early in the day, them things got crazy fast, Coz when the fire hit Hidden Hills it went to the south down the river bed over the 91 to Anaheim Hills and north west just north of Yorba Linda Blvd to San Antonio rd then north above Fairmont, Hidden Hills and Bryant Ranch took the biggest loss, and some homes on San Antonio Rd. they are saying something like 200 homes but who knows? We can leave, but they will not let us back in? school has been canceled for Monday they need some time to clean up, and it gives the families time to get things sorted out, it will never be the same………………….

trickskier
11-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Glad to hear you and your family are OK Jon. Sorry to hear about the families that lost their homes.........Thoughts and prayers are with them as they start to rebuild their memories.

Rick

coz
11-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Cam, don’t you know John’s favorite eats is Keno’s? It has a Bar………. LOL

I took some photos with my phone early in the day, them things got crazy fast, Coz when the fire hit Hidden Hills it went to the south down the river bed over the 91 to Anaheim Hills and north west just north of Yorba Linda Blvd to San Antonio rd then north above Fairmont, Hidden Hills and Bryant Ranch took the biggest loss, and some homes on San Antonio Rd. they are saying something like 200 homes but who knows? We can leave, but they will not let us back in? school has been canceled for Monday they need some time to clean up, and it gives the families time to get things sorted out, it will never be the same………………….

Wow! man that breaks my heart. Looks like things have slowed down and we're glad you made it through ok. I'll always have a place in my heart for YL

Monte
11-17-2008, 08:43 AM
Glad ya'll made it through ok..

wakeX2wake
11-17-2008, 10:05 AM
glad to hear thing turned out well for you RD... what an incredibly unpredictable and devastating phenomenon to have to deal w/ every yr... prayers go out to your and coz's friends who lost homes... can't imagine

RexDog1
11-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Thank guys, and X2M but all is ok now, I had some time to walk around Youba Linda yesterday afternoon, and what a job the firefighters did to keep more homes from burring it is amazing, we counted over 100 homes that the fire got into their backyard and they stopped it …………………… God Bless the Firefighters we talked to some firefighters and they say about 60-80 homes were a total loss and they don’t know how many were damage?? Like Coz said Yorba Linda is all hillsides with one way in and one way out, in most neighborhoods, as far as we know? No one lost their life………. That is the best news I could hope for

The two photos are how fast the fire moved in 10 minutes over Bryant Ranch, where I was standing was burring in 20 minutes later, the wind was 20 to 50 mph………………….

Sodar
11-17-2008, 10:43 AM
It is REALLY amazing how quickly the fire spread.

We drove out the 91, through Yorba at about 8:45 Saturday morning... there was no sign of anything. We got on the soccer field at Ontario and Kellogg around 9 and I noticed what looked like a house fire off to the west... within 10 seconds, 3 fire trucks were heading down Ontario Ave (Ontario turns into Green River). The soccer game ended about 9:45 and I had to run back into Orange to pick the Sea Doos up from the dealer to take back out to storage in Corona. By 10am we were on the 91 at Yorba Linda Blvd and the fire was RAGING! Flames were only about 200 feet off the freeway and the firefighters were in the first 2 lanes of the westbound 91 fighting it from the freeway. It was nuts! I ended up just waiting until that evening to go back out there to drop the Sea-Doos off... it was just not worth it

RexDog1
11-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Cam thanks again for offering to help, that means allot to me and my family :D
It was so fast; I don’t know how the firefighters fought it? It V over Yorba Linda and straight to Anaheim Hills over the 91??? How the hell did it do that?? Just all too fast……….

coz
11-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Cam thanks again for offering to help, that means allot to me and my family :D
It was so fast; I don’t know how the firefighters fought it? It V over Yorba Linda and straight to Anaheim Hills over the 91??? How the hell did it do that?? Just all too fast……….

In talking to our firefighter friends and my son who's in training, if they had to choose they would rather battle a structure fire as opposed to a santa ana wind driven brush firestorm. With the wind and brush it literally makes it's own fuel to burn. You know RD, I was there for 20 years and all that time every year at some point there was a fire, be it the top of anaheim hills or over at gypsum canyon area or somewhere and we could always see the fires from our vantage point and wondered if it could ever affect us over here on this side. Unfortunately my question was answered :mad: I really feel bad for all of socal, those fires are &**%$##$

funk
11-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Went out the 91 at 7am Saturday and it was gorgeous, could see all the mountains and great visibility. Golfed in Temecula and started receiving phone calls that the 91 was closed. Had to come back over Ortega hwy to get home and the smoke from Yorba Linda to the coast was an awesome sight. Horrible situation out there. I'm pissed that my pool is completely covered on top and bottom with ash and junk, along with the rest of the yard, but couldn't imagine everything burning to the ground. and I'm 30 miles southwest of the fires. God Bless those Firefighters!!!

Sodar
11-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Cool Google map here (http://www.ocregister.com/articles/fire-map-orange-2191967-county-perimeter) of the fire area.

Cool high resolution picture here (http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/11/california_wildfires_yet_again).

funk
11-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Cool Google map here (http://www.ocregister.com/articles/fire-map-orange-2191967-county-perimeter) of the fire area.

Supposed to play Western Hills Golf Course Monday 12/1, wonder the condition. With my golf game, the less trees the better.

flipper
11-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Supposed to play Western Hills Golf Course Monday 12/1, wonder the condition. With my golf game, the less trees the better.

You might get really lucky, and they sucked all the water out of the water hazards too:D

funk
11-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Good photos of the ugliness we experienced last weekend in socal.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/11/california_wildfires_yet_again.html

RexDog1
11-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Wow………………………….
This one hit me
It was so dark I knew it was 2 pm but it felt like 2am

Naste Craft
11-20-2008, 04:17 PM
This is a pic of the Anaheim Hills fire starting.... It had just jumped over the 91 freeway.

Naste Craft
11-20-2008, 04:19 PM

Naste Craft
11-20-2008, 04:20 PM
:...............

funk
11-20-2008, 04:46 PM
From a friend-of-a-friend!

RexDog1
11-20-2008, 04:48 PM
Mr. Nasty
I was happy to hear you the wife and the little one were safe :cool:8p:)

RexDog1
11-20-2008, 04:55 PM

That is just right down the street from us

Naste Craft
11-20-2008, 05:10 PM

o chit:eek3:

Naste Craft
11-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Mr. Nasty
I was happy to hear you the wife and the little one were safe :cool:8p:)

The little one is next door as we speak....

RexDog1
11-20-2008, 05:49 PM
The little one is next door as we speak....

Well then I will take a trip on over and see him
Are you picking him up or the wife? BEER????:rolleyes::D