PDA

View Full Version : JL Speaker Grilles

Loffgren
11-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Picked up my new grilles yesterday, the "star" type. Did anyone else upgrade theres? Did they come with five million JL Color Plates? First "winter project", easy one though

ttu
11-14-2008, 01:40 PM
i got them a couple of months ago.

i don't think i had 5 million color plates, maybe 4:rolleyes:

easy but time consuming with all those freaking little screws.

magnum
11-14-2008, 01:59 PM
I upgraded mine to the Bilet Aluminum Grills , One of my grills is not straight and I need to turn the white Ring that the covers screw into , Does anyone know how that white ring is attached to the cans ?

ORX-1
11-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Where can you get these? My dealer didn't have any? Do them come in red?

MYMC
11-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Where can you get these? My deaer didn't have any? Do them come in red?
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=23359&highlight=speaker+grills
We keep them in stock...

Loffgren
11-14-2008, 05:24 PM
Well white with red inserts, i have 5 million extra red ones (inserts) ORX not sure where you are at but i got 3 sets plus subwoofer for 135.00 in CA (Audio To Go in Vacaville "Pat")

ORX-1
11-14-2008, 05:24 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=23359&highlight=speaker+grills
We keep them in stock...

Thanks for the heads up. Since I have four tower speakers I would pay $71.30? what about shipping?

Thanks!

wakeX2wake
11-14-2008, 05:53 PM
the speaker grilles are kind of tedious to swap out... just make sure you don't over tighten then putting the ones back in the fiberglass b/c they'll strip then your project will be lengthened that much getting it corrected...

o yea and a word to the wise... the tweeter screws are the perfect size to fall down the drain in the floor... also find a ratchet otherwise you'll have to take too many beer breaks to let your hand stop cramping if you use a regular allen wrench

ORX-1
11-14-2008, 05:57 PM
I am just doing my Tower speakers.. Is that as much of a pain is tha a** as the interior?

ttu
11-14-2008, 06:04 PM
I am just doing my Tower speakers.. Is that as much of a pain is tha a** as the interior?

nope, only because there are not as many. :uglyhamme

bainez23
11-14-2008, 07:19 PM
can somone post some pics of these with i might be interested

magnum
11-15-2008, 02:14 AM
the speaker grilles are kind of tedious to swap out... just make sure you don't over tighten then putting the ones back in the fiberglass b/c they'll strip then your project will be lengthened that much getting it corrected...

o yea and a word to the wise... the tweeter screws are the perfect size to fall down the drain in the floor... also find a ratchet otherwise you'll have to take too many beer breaks to let your hand stop cramping if you use a regular allen wrench
Can you tell me how to remove the white Rings that the grills attach to . I have one that has turned a little making my Grill not straight

Nords
11-16-2008, 10:14 AM
anyone know where I could get 4 red JL audio inserts at?

tr6coug
11-16-2008, 11:49 PM
Can you tell me how to remove the white Rings that the grills attach to . I have one that has turned a little making my Grill not straight

There is an aluminum ring inside the speaker can that has several arched screw clearances. This ring is designed to allow someone to adjust the speaker alignment. Loosen those screws and then turn the aluminum ring. This ring has the threaded holes that the speaker and grill screw into. Take a look at the SPEAKER pictures this thread and you'll see what I mean.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=24950

magnum
11-17-2008, 11:01 AM
There is an aluminum ring inside the speaker can that has several arched screw clearances. This ring is designed to allow someone to adjust the speaker alignment. Loosen those screws and then turn the aluminum ring. This ring has the threaded holes that the speaker and grill screw into. Take a look at the SPEAKER pictures this thread and you'll see what I mean.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=24950
I see what you are talking about in the pictures about the adjustable Ring but how does the white ring come off so you can get to that adjustable ring, Is the white ring that you see once you take the grill off attached to the speaker ?

wakeX2wake
11-17-2008, 11:07 AM
the grille attaches directly to the speaker... check my thread a little closer... that white ring (the part i drilled through to get the wire through) is a molded part of the speaker... if you want to take the white ring off the speaker will come w/ it... it's all one part

ps a magic eraser works well for cleaning them... i used one and it helped remove some gunk to get it back spotless

ps mine were pretty well stuck in there too... i had to VERY CAREFULLY use a really wide screw driver to break the rubber seal on the back of the speaker from the aluminum ring