PDA

View Full Version : MarkP Report

BriEOD
05-07-2005, 05:45 PM
So Mark, did you try out the Sixam with the HO bindings today or what? How was it? :popcorn:

Mag_Red
05-07-2005, 08:43 PM
:confused: Must still be ripping up the course :worthy:

ski_king
05-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Hope he made it out, it did rain some here today.
The water was smooth as glass though, only traffic was a tug. Too bad my boat isn't out yet.

André
05-07-2005, 08:47 PM
Must be still edge hunting...

bradamerry
05-07-2005, 08:57 PM
He didn't get the bindings :mad: .

MarkP
05-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Looks like first thing in the morning on the old rocket AND my 3rds new Mapple. I hope he can handle it??? He has the rear toe so I know it will drive me crazy but I got to give it a shot. I’m thinking, I had better be the first to ski on it (his new Mapple) .. You know, Make sure its safe and all.. That’s just the kind of guy I am..

ski_king
05-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Looks like first thing in the morning on the old rocket AND my 3rds new Mapple. I hope he can handle it??? He has the rear toe so I know it will drive me crazy but I got to give it a shot. I’m thinking, I had better be the first to ski on it (his new Mapple) .. You know, Make sure its safe and all.. That’s just the kind of guy I am..

Let me know how it works, its the twin of mine.
Remember, Andy set the worlds record with a rear toe....

BriEOD
05-07-2005, 09:34 PM

Dude that blows!! :mad: I thought you were gonna get to carve today. Sorry about that brother.

MarkP
05-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Remember, Andy set the worlds record with a rear toe....Well I'm not that good. I got to strap in tight. You got the dbl boot didnt you??

ski_king
05-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Well I'm not that good. I got to strap in tight. You got the dbl boot didnt you??
I chickened out and got rear toe plate.

MarkP
05-07-2005, 09:48 PM
I chickened out and got rear toe plate.
I see a lot of pro guys with that setup so it cant be all bad. Not for me though feels too good to me to be in tight. I gave a toe plate a shot last year and felt like I had a lot less control..

bradamerry
05-07-2005, 10:15 PM
I've never tried the double boot system, I guess I'm old school... More like no school for the Wildman!!! :uglyhamme

BriEOD
05-07-2005, 10:24 PM
The RTP is a safety issue to me. If you fall and no feet or both feet come out no problem. But, if only one foot comes out and the other is still in the ski and you are flying around with a ski on a leg, you're asking to get a serious knee injury.

André
05-08-2005, 07:36 AM
Remember, André set the worlds record with a rear toe....
Thanks for the kind words PS82 ! :D
Can't adjust to 2 full boots.May give it a third try this year.

ski_king
05-08-2005, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the kind words PS82 ! :D
Can't adjust to 2 full boots.May give it a third try this year.
Did I say that? :confused:
I don't even know where that fully little e with that thingy on top is on my keyboard. :confused:

ski_king
05-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Looks like first thing in the morning ..............
How did you manage to sneak out and go sking on Mothers Day morning?

ski_king
05-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Mark, How was the ski?

MarkP
05-09-2005, 01:33 PM
Mark, How was the ski?
The old rocket worked out ok. The bindings may come today. They made a stop in Warrendale, PA May 6th (about a mile from my Cranberry, PA post office) but after that stop they had to go about 30 miles to the “parcel post distribution center” and then to the Cranberry, post office.

That’s ok, I skied like crap.

We went to the Ohio, River about 20 min from the house. Windy and choppy… A good workout though. Feel good today, (like I had a workout). Peter likes his new Mapple and thinks once he gets back up to speed for the season it will work out great.

I may keep my new ski home till I get “back up to speed for the season”. I know I say that but not sure how likely it really is.

MarkP
05-09-2005, 01:46 PM
How did you manage to sneak out and go sking on Mothers Day morning?
Oh,

We went out to dinner for mothers day Wednesday so I could be good to go this weekend. I just figured Sun was My Day. Not like I didn’t catch at least a little $hit about it. But ***..

east tx skier
05-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Hey Mark, did the boots come today? We got our course in on Saturday. Checked the baselines on the perfect pass and were good to go (very little derivation from our last course). As will be noted in my next thread, I suck at the course. ;)

BriEOD
05-10-2005, 10:47 PM
Mark, how about an update?

BriEOD
05-11-2005, 09:28 PM
Mark, did you get the bindings?

MarkP
05-11-2005, 10:53 PM
Mark, did you get the bindings? Yep I did. Think I'm going to keep looking though..

east tx skier
05-12-2005, 04:24 PM
Mark, some people on the Nicholls board mentioned issues with the Approach releasing in an OTF fall. Of course, others chimed in that they had no problem coming out or staying in these boots. Either way, worth a read.

MarkP
05-12-2005, 04:43 PM
Thanks Doug.. I'll give it a read.

BriEOD
05-12-2005, 04:44 PM
Yep I did. Think I'm going to keep looking though..

To Small???

John B
05-12-2005, 05:00 PM
I skied my new Phantom binding this morning.
I like the way they fit and ski but they are harder then he11 to get on! :mad: I too two hard falls (OTF) and they did not come off.
Not sure I like them I had to use so much soap to get them on it look like I was taking a bubble bath. :D

MarkP
05-12-2005, 05:25 PM
To Small???Little snug. But had other "issues"

MarkP
05-12-2005, 05:26 PM
I skied my new Phantom binding this morning.
I like the way they fit and ski but they are harder then he11 to get on! :mad: I too two hard falls (OTF) and they did not come off.
Not sure I like them I had to use so much soap to get them on it look like I was taking a bubble bath. :DAt least your feet are clean:cool:

Leroy
05-14-2005, 01:34 AM
Lace up or wraps and which do you like? I think I want a pair of lace up bindings. Need to work with one son that is size 14 and everyone else is size 10-13. I would guess little lube required, and can still get tight, but that's back to first question.

Leroy
05-14-2005, 01:36 AM
It's got to be like being in a washing machine when your feet don't come out. Like my snowboard, feet don't come out and you don't roll well with a board on both feet.

MarkP
05-24-2005, 10:52 AM
Mark, did you get the bindings?
Well

I got them now. After the ebay fiasco. THEN dam fedex delivered one Bio and dropped the other off in Grove city Ohio for the weekend. Got the front binding at about 6 yesterday. Now I’m ready to give the new ski a try but the weekend weather is not looking good. I think maybe I wasn’t meant to use this ski yet..

east tx skier
05-24-2005, 11:31 AM
Cool. They look like the old-school advantage boots with a stiff exoskeleton---Best of both worlds. Let us know how they perform.

MarkP
05-24-2005, 09:38 PM
Cool. They look like the old-school advantage boots with a stiff exoskeleton---Best of both worlds. Let us know how they perform.
I think they will hold my feet in ok. They feel like I may need to tighten them up a little but I’m going to take them for a spin first. My third has the 04 bios and I was surprised how nice they are for the price. I don’t know if parts are available for them but skiing one time a week and occasionally more on vacations, its not likely I will be breaking any parts anyway.

BriEOD
05-24-2005, 10:07 PM
Dude, those are sweet!!! :banana:

André
05-24-2005, 10:59 PM
Nice plankS!!!
Is it still some cherry wood ?

MarkP
05-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Dude, those are sweet!!! :banana:
Oh, man I could hardly sleep last night. I installed the bindings and set the fin back to “factory”. Knew I couldn’t ski till next weekend, at best..

When I did fall asleep, you know I was skiing…

André that’s about half Cherry and half Oak. That pile is 4/5 feet tall. This time of year, on top of that pile of wood is a good place to put the back seat so the kids wont jump around on it

ski_king
05-25-2005, 09:08 AM
Nice looking ski Mark!
I hope the weather holds out for you to try it out this weekend.

If the weather holds out this weekend, I will be trying out my new ski also. So far the weather report isn't looking good.

I think I will like the Bio bindings as well. The ski I got for the kids has a O'Brien Targa binding. I tried it on and it feels good also.

MarkP
05-25-2005, 11:49 AM
Nice looking ski Mark!
I hope the weather holds out for you to try it out this weekend.

If the weather holds out this weekend, I will be trying out my new ski also. So far the weather report isn't looking good.

I think I will like the Bio bindings as well. The ski I got for the kids has a O'Brien Targa binding. I tried it on and it feels good also.
Peters only complaint about the ski/bindings is the rear toe is a little snug, making it difficult to get the rear foot situated. He told me he is going to put something in it to stretch it a little before we ski next.

MarkP
06-01-2005, 12:37 PM
Well,

Got out Sunday on some glass. The ski is a dream.. The bindings, well, not so much. Too many strings to pull on to tighten them up. They feel good and I may get used to it but its still a little stupid to have two sets of laces on each boot.

east tx skier
06-01-2005, 12:45 PM
You gonna try the Wileys, Mark?

MarkP
06-01-2005, 01:13 PM
You gonna try the Wileys, Mark?
You know the thought has definitely crossed my mind. I’m going to try to give the Bios more of a chance, they do feel ok. I don’t want to have to start hiding bindings from René.:o

east tx skier
06-01-2005, 01:20 PM
That's funny! Another idea, have you ever ridden the old O'Brien Advantage bindings. They look a lot like Wileys. Although hard to find through dealers, I'm told O'Brien still has some if you contact them. Way comfortable. Good deal of support.

ski_king
06-01-2005, 01:21 PM
You know the thought has definitely crossed my mind. I’m going to try to give the Bios more of a chance, they do feel ok. I don’t want to have to start hiding bindings from René.:o

Been there, done that, except with skis. I had a number of skis hid, I just sold 4 of them and my wife kept wondering where they were coming from.

I liked the BIO binding on my new ski, the twin laces made it fit good. The rear toe plate sucked though, could only get my toes into it. I couldn't get a good feel for the ski. I may try a full rear binding...

MarkP
06-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Been there, done that, except with skis. I had a number of skis hid, I just sold 4 of them and my wife kept wondering where they were coming from.

I liked the BIO binding on my new ski, the twin laces made it fit good. The rear toe plate sucked though, could only get my toes into it. I couldn't get a good feel for the ski. I may try a full rear binding...
I was going to suggest to Peter if he cant get used to the rear the way it is, to just buy a parts toe plate and fix it.. http://www.wileyski.com/ (http://www.wileyski.com/) , (under other bindings)

BriEOD
06-01-2005, 01:41 PM
I don’t want to have to start hiding bindings from René.:o

Ewww, I'm gonna call her! 8p <----Heading for the rolodex :uglyhamme

ski_king
06-01-2005, 01:59 PM
I was going to suggest to Peter if he cant get used to the rear the way it is, to just buy a parts toe plate and fix it.. http://www.wileyski.com/ (http://www.wileyski.com/) , (under other bindings)

Good idea! May try that for $15.
Its funny the rear toe plate on the other ski (Syncro) I got feels great. I may have to swap with the kids when they are not looking.