PDA

View Full Version : Barefoot Wetsuit???

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 01:28 PM
What do you look for when buying your first barefoot suit? Anything you want to try to avoid? What are the must haves?

MarkP
05-07-2005, 01:47 PM
What do you look for when buying your first barefoot suit? Anything you want to try to avoid? What are the must haves?Hey, If you are a medium, You "Must Have" this one for 85

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Hey, If you are a medium, You "Must Have" this one for 85

Sorry, definetly not a medium! :D

Ric
05-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Hey, If you are a medium, You "Must Have" this one for 85
This is your chance to buy something Erk. What will you do? :popcorn:

MarkP
05-07-2005, 01:50 PM
Ok, thanks for looking,:D .

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 02:59 PM
This is your chance to buy something Erk. What will you do? :popcorn:

Sorry, can't do it! Not the right size, but if it was.....

Cloaked
05-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Erkle, for just footin' via a stepoff, I prefer jump pants with leg cinches. If you're doing deep waters, beaches, and tumbles, a suit similar to the one pictured in this thread will be what you need. My shorty suit has front, back, and seat padding with leg cinches. You're on the right track but for learning and stepping off, a pair of jump shorts will do.

As far as for booming, I wouldn't know. Booms are for girls.... :D I learned on a long line.
There are those that can and those that say," I learned on a boom!" ;)

You missed yEr chance on a good suit thAre Erkle. Step away from the table... :D ;)

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 06:40 PM
You missed yEr chance on a good suit thAre Erkle. Step away from the table... :D ;)

Are you talking about the one pictured above?

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 06:43 PM
These are the ones that I was looking at possibly buying...

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 06:44 PM
and this one....

Laurel_Lake_Skier
05-07-2005, 06:46 PM
Erk....get a sleevless model. They are much easier to get on and off. With sleeves, you'll always need someone to "peel you"

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 06:48 PM
so, no sleeves, what else?

6balls
05-07-2005, 08:00 PM
so, no sleeves, what else?

I am a huge fan of the BI Iron suits (http://www.barefootinternational.com/). They are snug in right places and roomy where you want mobility. I have a short sleeve model and I do not need a peel as the sleeves are pretty baggy. BI suits are very stiff when they are new, but they glide like butter on the water, especially with the full wrap shorts that you wear under the suit.

If you are looking for a hook up see Will at GRF Skis in Delafield, he just opened and is looking to make some deals to get the name out. Just tell him 6 Balls sent you. They are 1-block North off of I-94 on HWY C or call him at (262) 369-1625

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 08:03 PM
I will give him a call tomorrow or Monday and what kind of price he has to offer. So far, the cheapest/most inexpensive place has been www.barefootcentral.com

Laurel_Lake_Skier
05-07-2005, 08:50 PM
If you are looking for a hook up see Will at GRF Skis in Delafield, he just opened and is looking to make some deals to get the name out. Just tell him 6 Balls sent you. They are 1-block North off of I-94 on HWY C or call him at (262) 369-1625
I talked to Will at the Midwest Collegiate Tourny last weekend. He had a display set up and seems like he'd be a good guy to do business with. I'm not in the market for any equipment now but will get in touch next time I need something.....I'll second 6Balls' recomendation on buying through GRF!

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Will they be as competitively priced as barefoot central? Or will it just be pay alittle more and build up a relationship w/ the guy for future assistance.

Laurel_Lake_Skier
05-07-2005, 09:02 PM
The prices he had on the stuff in Neosho were Ok. From talking with him, I think like Hans said, he is starting up and my be willing to make some deals to get the word out on the new business. He was giving away $10 off coupons.....I've got a couple and could send one off to you want to buy there.....

ski_king
05-07-2005, 09:43 PM
PBR in a wetsuit is a must!!

Tgchrist
05-07-2005, 09:58 PM
If you plan on doing anything long line, deep water starts or just spending a lot of time on your A$$ learning, I would suggest a pair of barefoot shorts underneath as well. Well worth the extra padding.

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Are those necessary even w/ the 10 or 15mm padding.

peason
05-07-2005, 11:49 PM
Even just a shorty helps underneath. Get one that doesn't have cinches and just pulls on over your swim suit - that is if you wear a swimsuit?

erkoehler
05-08-2005, 06:59 AM
Even just a shorty helps underneath. Get one that doesn't have cinches and just pulls on over your swim suit - that is if you wear a swimsuit?

I do wear a swimsuit! Thanks for asking though....

Laurel_Lake_Skier
05-08-2005, 06:36 PM
Are those necessary even w/ the 10 or 15mm padding.
Necessary-no.....nice to have-yes. If you are really trying to save up for that new boat, you could go without either. Before the days of barefoot suits, we used to just pull on an extra pair of cut-offs and give-er.

Right now I put on (over swim suit) padded shorts, barefoot suit and this time of year a drysuit with a couple pair of sweats on top of those.

erkoehler
05-08-2005, 09:06 PM
I will be skipping the dry suit for this season, and will go right to the shortie barefoot suit w/ a swimsuit. May take a pass on the shorts, but I will tell you how I feel after my first run.

I haven't footed before, so it should be interesting to say the least!

6balls
05-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Will they be as competitively priced as barefoot central? Or will it just be pay alittle more and build up a relationship w/ the guy for future assistance.

Will history is as the premier downhill race coach in the Midwest. His shop gives World Cup style tuning service. His goal is to bring that type of service to the water ski biz. I can assure you that if it comes down to $20, you will be well served in building a relationship with GRF.

Besides, Will is a great guy to ski with :steering:

erkoehler
05-09-2005, 12:06 AM
:D Well, I acutally bought something! :banana: .