PDA

View Full Version : National “Hail Obama” Holiday when will this nightmare end!

ChicagoX55
11-11-2008, 12:20 PM
This is the most ridiculas thing I have ever heard

http://www.noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/11/10/national-hail-obama-holiday/

ttu
11-11-2008, 12:21 PM
give me a freaking break

03 35th Anniversary
11-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Oh God You Have To Be Kidding Me!!!!!!!!

'82starsandstripes
11-11-2008, 12:33 PM
unf***ing believable

Maristar210
11-11-2008, 01:15 PM
I just puked on my shoes

Where is Chad Bergerson to defend this bull ****?

Chad? You out there?

TMCNo1
11-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Make it a real special day,

MC2000190
11-11-2008, 01:26 PM
J O K E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loeweb
11-11-2008, 01:39 PM
What a disgrace if this happens. Waaaaaay to early to start a holiday after a guy. Can that even be done. Are there any national holidays that involve a living person?

Roonie's
11-11-2008, 01:40 PM
What a disgrace if this happens. Waaaaaay to early to start a holiday after a guy. Can that even be done. Are there any national holidays that involve a living person?

no..... I assume this is a joke.....

If not then it should be.

clevan
11-11-2008, 01:44 PM
In honor of this new holiday I think I will go buy another gun!

RexDog1
11-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Cool an other day I get off from work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold on? I am a small business owner that employ 21 people, hold on let me do some math………………………………………………………….. cool it will cost me over $4000. For the day off, and lost production, the NEW US way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets all take the rest of the year off, the government will take care of us!!!!!!:D..................................... :mad:

Gonzo
11-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Can the President appoint a hoilday for himself? hmmm.... intresting. I wonder if he is going to madate all metropolitan areas name a street after him or they will loose some of their federal hwy money.

This is all a joke I am sure, even he can't have an ego large enough to believe that this is the right time for this.

Slinkyredfoot
11-11-2008, 03:07 PM
You ask when this nightmare will end...well my friend, in about eight years

TMCNo1
11-11-2008, 05:06 PM
You ask when this nightmare will end...well my friend, in about eight years

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

Skipper
11-12-2008, 09:14 AM
I think I am gonna be sick.

Gonzo
11-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

I wonder who will take us over? Do Muslim extreamist waterski? I saw a pic of a friend on facebook boarding in dubries (sp??). Who ever it is, They can have my boat when they pry my dead body of that sticky vinyl....;)

wakeX2wake
11-12-2008, 10:18 AM
this is insane... it's like this guy is the next Nick Saban!!!... instead of savior of BAMA its oBAMA savior of the US... GUESS WHAT... i don't think this country needs saving... SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST... if there were no hard times we would all live in UTOPIA... guess what!!! we pretty much do... people are out there who don't work and the only way they add to society is by increasing its numbers through multiple births of illegitimate children who's rearing burdens society by bleeding its public funds dry b/c of JERKS in office like afformentioned who thinks everybody needs the same stuff as everyone else

abwx2
11-12-2008, 10:52 AM
martin luther king jr. day and now this ...O GREAT WAT IS NEXT (IS OPRAH GOIN TO GET A NATIONAL HOLIDAY)

RexDog1
11-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Fellow Business Executives:

As the CFO of this business I have resigned myself to the fact that Barrack Obama will be our next President, and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, I figure that the Clients will have to see an increase in our fees to them of about 8% but since we cannot increase our fees right now due to the dismal state of our economy, we will have to lay off six of our employees instead. This has really been eating at me for a while, as we believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who will have to go.

So, this is what I did. I strolled thru our parking lot and found 8 Obama bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem.

These folks wanted change; I gave it to them.:rolleyes:

ChicagoX55
11-12-2008, 11:44 AM
I like that one Rex!! Thats what I should do : )

captain planet
11-12-2008, 12:11 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

TMCNo1
11-12-2008, 12:26 PM

As the CFO of this business I have resigned myself to the fact that Barrack Obama will be our next President, and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, I figure that the Clients will have to see an increase in our fees to them of about 8% but since we cannot increase our fees right now due to the dismal state of our economy, we will have to lay off six of our employees instead. This has really been eating at me for a while, as we believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who will have to go.

So, this is what I did. I strolled thru our parking lot and found 8 Obama bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem.

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful, RexDog!

Scott
11-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Most of the people i am aqquainted with that voted for prez. elect.. "Don't have jobs"!!! The only good the holiday would give is a increase in beer sales!!!! :D:D:D

ttu
11-12-2008, 12:29 PM
rex, that is awesome.

wakeX2wake
11-12-2008, 12:41 PM
kickin' a rex... kickin' a

Maristar210
11-12-2008, 04:22 PM

AWESOME.........

03 35th Anniversary
11-12-2008, 04:38 PM

Love It!!!!

Don
11-13-2008, 10:00 AM

I'm sure you are very proud of this statement.........I would bag groceries before working for you. I hope those 8 employees get to see this.:mad:

JimN
11-13-2008, 10:12 AM
http://czabe.com/the_daily_czabe/assets_c/2008/11/picoday_deathstar_obama.html

TMCNo1
11-13-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm sure you are very proud of this statement.........I would bag groceries before working for you. I hope those 8 employees get to see this.:mad:

Please relax, I suspect that was a joke that had been circulated in Emails.

Maristar210
11-13-2008, 10:22 AM

Man someone sure is bitter. It was a joke. Lighten up Francis.

RexDog1
11-13-2008, 10:23 AM

And I am sure I would never hire you,
So we both have nothing to worry about,
I do have a question for you Don, why are you so rude? You and I have never met
So why would confront me? If you disagree with me say so, why would you post like you do?
Why are you so rude to people you have never met?

Have a nice day Don http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_1.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYMNUS)

Skipper
11-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Oh no, here we go again. :(

I'll take paper, thank you. :D

flipper
11-13-2008, 10:37 AM

Calm down there little fella, it was just a joke!!!

If you do happen to work at a store, try to get a job where they have a sense of humor for sale, and grab one:D

NO1, you still have that down load?

TMCNo1
11-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Calm down there little fella, it was just a joke!!!

If you do happen to work at a store, try to get a job where they have a sense of humor for sale, and grab one:D

NO1, you still have that down load?

42100At your service!

flipper
11-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Thanks.......

TMCNo1
11-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Man someone sure is bitter. It was a joke. Lighten up Francis.

This waiting for our ROW checks to hit the mailbox is making everyone uneasy!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_10.gif

454Prostar190
11-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Please relax, I suspect that was a joke that had been circulated in Emails.

You're right! I heard that one weeks ago! Sure made sense to me!

Don
11-13-2008, 11:14 AM
I suppose what you find humorous others may find offensive. I would expect more from a CFO…..”I disagree with you poking fun at less fortunate, maybe less successful” sorry if that comes off as been rude.

So why would confront me? If you disagree with me say so, why would you post like you do?

Have a nice day Don http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_1.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYMNUS)

ChicagoX55
11-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Were here to have a good time, no need to bring everyone down. It was a joke, and a damn good one!!

wakeX2wake
11-13-2008, 11:19 AM
here we go again... Francis is back

hey mr class president when do we get the free ice cream and longer recess?

TMCNo1
11-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Gene, Gene, is that you? How did you get by the spam blockers?http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_32v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined)

captain planet
11-13-2008, 11:40 AM
42100At your service!

THat is....AWSOME. I have to have that!

TMCNo1
11-13-2008, 11:42 AM

Rex, the link in your signature splains it, http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-behave-on-an-internet-forum (http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-behave-on-an-internet-forum), at about :21 to :40 http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined)

TMCNo1
11-13-2008, 11:47 AM
THat is....AWSOME. I have to have that!

CP, right click, Save Image As, to my pictures and it's yours too! I got it from one of Coz's posts!
You probably already know that, but..........................:)

Don
11-13-2008, 12:23 PM
Rex

I come off as Rude, you come off as Cavalier. Obviously successful small business owner.

Let me offer another perspective….in my case or defence….wife very successful technical trainer, 28yrs with the same company, forced into early retirement 2 yrs early without health benefits and savior cut to pension…product of “outsource”. I was forced into early retirement….GPS company….sold to Japanese firm. Stock market crush 30 yrs of savings. We are doing better than most, but health insurance cost us $700/month or $8.4K/yr, mortgage, living expenses all coming from savings, SS, and pension annuity.

I voted with a majority of Americans finding themselves in a similar situation, and for a better tomorrow. Sorry to come off Rude….just my perspective.

ChicagoX55
11-13-2008, 12:30 PM
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n119/phazicwish/obama_789.jpg

ttu
11-13-2008, 12:38 PM
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n119/phazicwish/obama_789.jpg

that is perfect. then new obama "pimp my ride"

JimN
11-13-2008, 12:50 PM
I hate to see how you and your wife lost what you did but a new POTUS usually doesn't mean that what they said they would change, will. Obama has already backtracked on quite a few things and I will guarantee that he will not get as much done as many hoped. Speaking of which, while hope is a bad thing to lose, it's a lot like wishing- by itself, nothing gets done. Congress is the mechanism by which government does, plans and pays for things. People in government rarely exhibit qualities that make them better, as people, than the average person, regardless of how they talk about their impending sainthood.

What happened recently has been on the way for a long time and it has only a few main causes:

Lack of restraint, which may be the result of not being held responsible for bad acts, early in life.

Greed and envy, both the characteristics of small minds. How far they go in amassing great wealth at other peoples' expense means that while they may be highly intelligent, they aren't smart enough to consider the ethics of the situation.

Lack of objectivity. Most of what I see happening in government is because of people reacting to things said, or done, by others. The term "Cooler heads prevail" has been completely lost, as has "Discretion is the better part of valor".

Hunger for power- People who want to be in power grab an emotional response from others, make it seem like they thought of it and sell it as the salvation of the country. Emotions should be used to get the ball rolling when problems arise but ehy absolutely need to be checked at the door when trying to get things done. Passion is another matter- if someone isn't passionate about what they want to do/change/stop, it'll never sell to those they aim to convince.

Wholesale changes to the economy, industry, health care, insurance, banking and the Constitution are not needed. People caused the collapses. People changed policies that kept rampant waste, stupid lending practices and generally bad management from causing the global system to tank in only a couple of months and once others saw what was possible after the policy changes, they seized that opportunity to completely alter the course of the country.

When things are bad, the last thing needed is a backlash, which is what he have now. If people thought things were bad before, just wait- we ain't seen nothing, yet.

TMCNo1
11-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Rex

I come off as Rude, you come off as Cavalier. Obviously successful small business owner.

Let me offer another perspective….in my case or defence….wife very successful technical trainer, 28yrs with the same company, forced into early retirement 2 yrs early without health benefits and savior cut to pension…product of “outsource”. I was forced into early retirement….GPS company….sold to Japanese firm. Stock market crush 30 yrs of savings. We are doing better than most, but health insurance cost us $700/month or $8.4K/yr, mortgage, living expenses all coming from savings, SS, and pension annuity.

I voted with a majority of Americans finding themselves in a similar situation, and for a better tomorrow. Sorry to come off Rude….just my perspective.

No, no, no, our friend drives a VW not a Cavalier!

JimN
11-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Rex

If you two were forced into early retirement, it doesn't mean that you have to lay down and die. Jobs are available and if you need/want to keep working so whatever retirement plans can be kept, go ahead and find one. Also, at the age your profile shows, I would have my savings in much safer places. I saw the ad for the house you were selling and it shows me that you aren't exactly poor but that's relative, anyway. I know someone who was a Sr VP at Rexnord and when he retired from whatever he was doing at 62, he got a part time gig as a courtesy van driver for a Mercedes/BMW dealer. It's almost 10 years later and he's now the warranty administrator.

$700/mo isn't that bad. I have a friend who's 52, married with two kids and his wife insists that they pay nothing out of pocket for all of their insurance needs. Because of her lack of vision for how much less they could be spending, they pay over $1200/mo. If your health is generally good, shop around. Join AARP and use their benefits to your advantage. Find out what's available for you but don't just give up.

TMCNo1
11-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Previously posted in the Morning Joke thread,

It's all about the Ice Cream......
The most eye-opening civics lesson I ever had was while teaching third grade in 2000. The presidential election was heating up and some of the children showed an interest. I decided we would have an election for a class president. We would choose our nominees. They would make a campaign speech and the class would vote.

To simplify the process, candidates were nominated by other class members. We discussed what kinds of characteristics these students should have. We got many nominations and from those, Jamie and Olivia were picked to run for the top spot.

The class had done a great job in their selections. Both candidates were good kids. I thought Jamie might have an advantage because he got lots of parental support. I had never seen Olivia's mother. The day arrived when they were to make their speeches Jamie went first. He had specific ideas about how to make our class a better place. He ended by promising to do his very best. Everyone applauded.

He sat down and Olivia came to the podium. Her speech was concise. She said, "If you will vote for me, I will give you ice cream." She sat down. The class went wild. "Yes! Yes! We want ice cream."

She surely would say more. She did not have to. A discussion followed. How did she plan to pay for the ice cream? She wasn't sure. Would her parents buy it or would the class pay for it? She didn't know. The class really didn't care. All they were thinking about was ice cream. Jamie was forgotten. Olivia won by a land slide.

Every time Barack Obama opened his mouth he offered ice cream, and fifty percent of America reacts like nine-year-olds. They wanted ice cream. The other fifty percent know they're going to have to feed the cow.

RexDog1
11-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Rex

Don http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_11.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYMNUS)
First off my 2nd post is not me as the CFO it is a Joke, you know Ha-ha……… and I am sorry your wife was forced into early retirement, let me give you some back ground on myself I am a Civil Engineer and I am a small business owner of 21 people in California, I left home at the age of 16 with a backpack and a tooth brush, why? I got tired of getting my head kicked in by my dad, I put myself through college, worked for the city of Santa Monica for 10 years, and started my own company in 1999 with 4 people, worked my butt off to get where I am now, just hard work …………………………….. Now?? The Taxes that I will pay with our new president, I don’t agree with, Obama wants to redistribute the wealth in the USA, which is a communist goal,

Tell me Don, why do you like Obama? Don’t give me what you don’t like about Bush or McCain what do YOU like about Obama?

RexDog1
11-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Rex, the link in your signature splains it, http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-behave-on-an-internet-forum (http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-behave-on-an-internet-forum), at about :21 to :40 http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined)

I am happy you enjoyed it!!!!

I thought it was funny:D

TMCNo1
11-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Wal_Mart has Greeter positions, but ya just can't say to the customers as they come thru the door, "Welcome to Wal-Mart, get your crap and get out"!

'82starsandstripes
11-13-2008, 01:18 PM
here ya go

your right rex

RexDog1
11-13-2008, 01:23 PM
here ya go

[]

Woofffff……:rolleyes:
Guys he is going to be the US president and you have every right to post your thoughts, but show some respect for the office………………;)

JimN
11-13-2008, 01:35 PM
"but show some respect for the office"

That needs to be said to every POTUS, too. Especially the horny and corrupt ones.

Don
11-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Interesting that we are both from California and see things so differently. It is unfair for me single out anyone here and I apologize for not seeing the humor in your joke…..in hindsight….it was probably that so many here join in on Obama jokes. Even you must omit it is a one sided. I must have missed the McCain, Palin, Bush jokes.

What I like about Obama is difficult to say without how much I dislike Bush and McCain. There would be a whole lot more in the hopper to rescue American business if it was for this war. We may have had much more foreign support go in if a man like Obama was in command 8 yrs ago. He is smart enough to realize he doesn’t know all the answers. Money to pay for the loses will have to come from some place. Taxes is only part of that equation. Why would you imply there are communist goal? That sounds as crazy to me as apparently I sound to you. I have commended folk here for their success, and service to country, but not everyone one thinks the same as ya’ll…..or at least don’t have the nerve to defend their choice in a President….. pm’s I received confirmed that I am not alone. My felling is they have seen the repercussions of not following the pack

Don http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_11.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYMNUS)
First off my 2nd post is not me as the CFO it is a Joke, you know Ha-ha……… and I am sorry your wife was forced into early retirement, let me give you some back ground on myself I am a Civil Engineer and I am a small business owner of 21 people in California, I left home at the age of 16 with a backpack and a tooth brush, why? I got tired of getting my head kicked in by my dad, I put myself through college, worked for the city of Santa Monica for 10 years, and started my own company in 1999 with 4 people, worked my butt off to get where I am now, just hard work …………………………….. Now?? The Taxes that I will pay with our new president, I don’t agree with, Obama wants to redistribute the wealth in the USA, which is a communist goal,

Tell me Don, why do you like Obama? Don’t give me what you don’t like about Bush or McCain what do YOU like about Obama?

Maristar210
11-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Don,

I know if you were one of the 65 who work for me I'd point your *** to the door the first time you talked to me like you talk to people in here.

RexDog1
11-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Donhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_13.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYMNUS)http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_13.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYMNUS)

I have asked that same question to numerous people and they always come back to what they don’t like about Bush and McCain, that’s fine, like Obama said “Vote for Change”……..but at what cost? Yes he is going to have a uphill battle, 2 wars, and the biggest deficit in US history, but most people think Obama is going to fix it all with a wave of his hand………………. By taxing the rich? A 2008 Robin Hood, it will not happen that way……… we all are going to need to bleed to fix this; they have built Obama up so high that he could never fulfill their expectations, and when he can’t pay for their homes, and put gas in their cars we will see what will happen??? I am sorry for you and your wife for the struggle you are having, I truly am, but the biggest change I have found is to do it myself, and not look for the government to help me…………. they never have and never will

Interesting that we are both from California and see things so differently. It is unfair for me single out anyone here and I apologize for not seeing the humor in your joke…..in hindsight….it was probably that so many here join in on Obama jokes. Even you must omit it is a one sided. I must have missed the McCain, Palin, Bush jokes.

What I like about Obama is difficult to say without how much I dislike Bush and McCain. There would be a whole lot more in the hopper to rescue American business if it was for this war. We may have had much more foreign support go in if a man like Obama was in command 8 yrs ago. He is smart enough to realize he doesn’t know all the answers. Money to pay for the loses will have to come from some place. Taxes is only part of that equation. Why would you imply there are communist goal? That sounds as crazy to me as apparently I sound to you. I have commended folk here for their success, and service to country, but not everyone one thinks the same as ya’ll…..or at least don’t have the nerve to defend their choice in a President….. pm’s I received confirmed that I am not alone. My felling is they have seen the repercussions of not following the pack

mcdoon
11-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Amen brother Rex.

People think like Don because of the success of the Democrats in convincing them that hard working business owners and other "rich" people are the real villians.

Someone said it best: If you're going to be a Democrat, it helps to think like a 9 year-old.

Hopefully those Bush-haters will grow up and mature a little in a few years and see that Obama is just another sniveling politician who's only real change will be the size of his bank account and his head.

fletch_n_me
11-13-2008, 03:52 PM
This entire state of affairs makes me so sad - really it just breaks my heart.

Americans use to be tough. We used to be the brother you counted on when sh*t hit the fan. When things would go wrong, we would tighten our belts and fight harder. I remember stories of my grandpa in the 30s - he worked all day to keep our family business afloat and then went and stacked newspapers for the tribune company until after midnight 6 days a week to make ends meet.

We are now a bunch of entitled sissies bickering about minor details in the grand scheme of things; laughing stocks worldwide for being arrogant, ignorant and naive. Gay marriage directly impacts <5% of the population but we are devoting disproportionate amount of time and resources to a solution. This is just 1 example. Prayer in schools. Christmas celebrated publically. The list goes on and on. Sooner or later we have to say 'just shut up - you made these decisions, not us - we have bigger problems.'

I feel like our country has just been rushed into the emergency room in full cardiac arrest with massive head trauma - and the ER staff is immediately styling hair and performing a manicure on it.

Skipper
11-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Rex

It comes down to that "perspective" thing. Some might call it an "opinion". Most people have opinions about things. Many adults have the capacity to realize that others don't neccessarily share their "perspective" ... and subsequently, they do not attack them, whether on an internet forum, the grocery store, or the street. That's just mean.

ProTour X9
11-13-2008, 04:00 PM
I'll repeat Rex's question:

Why do you like Obama?

RexDog1
11-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Well we could go on all day like this………………. it is out of our hands now
Don I hope you get what you are looking for………………………..

I am out, off to Pomona……………………. NHRA are back home for the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be making a licensing pass tonight in a Pro Stock car…………………… weeeeeeeeeeeeee:rolleyes:

have a good one guys!!!!:D

ChicagoX55
11-13-2008, 04:25 PM
This entire state of affairs makes me so sad - really it just breaks my heart.

Americans use to be tough. We used to be the brother you counted on when sh*t hit the fan. When things would go wrong, we would tighten our belts and fight harder. I remember stories of my grandpa in the 30s - he worked all day to keep our family business afloat and then went and stacked newspapers for the tribune company until after midnight 6 days a week to make ends meet.

We are now a bunch of entitled sissies bickering about minor details in the grand scheme of things; laughing stocks worldwide for being arrogant, ignorant and naive. Gay marriage directly impacts <5% of the population but we are devoting disproportionate amount of time and resources to a solution. This is just 1 example. Prayer in schools. Christmas celebrated publically. The list goes on and on. Sooner or later we have to say 'just shut up - you made these decisions, not us - we have bigger problems.'

I feel like our country has just been rushed into the emergency room in full cardiac arrest with massive head trauma - and the ER staff is immediately styling hair and performing a manicure on it.

I couldn’t agree more, funny thing to say seeing I started this thread. I did vote Republican in this election but it is now time to face the facts. I post things like that to be funny not to start fights. More than that I agree with the above statement that we all need to come together as Americans and have faith rather than bash our own country. This is why other countries laugh at us. Where did our pride go? Who here is proud to be an American and will support our country regardless of what party is in office?

flipper
11-13-2008, 04:45 PM
That really is the sad part about this country. Instead of being proud, most people run around talking bad about our country. No matter who the president is, I will always be proud to be an American

Skipper
11-13-2008, 08:20 PM
I will never understand why so many people, who enjoy the freedoms and benefits of living in the greatest nation on the planet, can be so anti-American. I figure some of them are just plain crazy. But to the others, I say, you don't know how good you have it in our country.

JimN
11-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Who's being anti-American? Going along like a sheep being led by the nose and not questioning the motives of bad politicians is anti-American. Wanting to force one class or group pay for another group's failure to care for themselves is un-American. Wanting the government to have ownership in businesses and industries is far from the system of government this country uses.

Jesus_Freak
11-14-2008, 06:43 AM
... I did vote Republican in this election but it is now time to face the facts. ... More than that I agree with the above statement that we all need to come together as Americans and have faith rather than bash our own country....

Ditto. As much as I do not agree with the approach/strategy of those in various upcoming leadership roles, we must support them. By support, I do not mean blind following or thinking they are the answer to our problems. I mean....not talking smack to our children or in public about those in office as well as trying to help them implement their "solutions" as long as we do not have to side step our faith.

Skipper
11-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Who's being anti-American? Going along like a sheep being led by the nose and not questioning the motives of bad politicians is anti-American. Wanting to force one class or group pay for another group's failure to care for themselves is un-American. Wanting the government to have ownership in businesses and industries is far from the system of government this country uses.

Oh I don't know...how about the crazies that protest at military funerals with signs "thank God for IED's" and "God laughs when a soldier is killed". Or...maybe that Ayers guy, a friend of Osama's, who is seen in a photograph trampling the American flag and has committed violent acts on the American people. And then there are...the Acorn criminals who committed unprecidented voter fraud in order to secure votes for their candidate. There are the Berkeley folks...who among other things, their city counsel sent a letter to the USMC officially expelling them from the city, then blocked the entrance to the recruiting office and it took the Berkeley police eight hours to remove them.

So I guess instead of citing specific incidents of anti-American behavior, I'll summarize it as those who commit crimes in the furtherance of their agenda, or should I say "perspective".

No doubt this country is founded on principles that allow us to agree to disagree and to establish laws and policies that are in the best interest of our great nation. No argument there Jim. But if there are no boundaries, then what remains of our nation?

Maristar210
11-14-2008, 08:10 AM
Oh I don't know...how about the crazies that protest at military funerals with signs "thank God for IED's" and "God laughs when a soldier is killed". Or...maybe that Ayers guy, a friend of Osama's, who is seen in a photograph trampling the American flag and has committed violent acts on the American people. And then there are...the Acorn criminals who committed unprecidented voter fraud in order to secure votes for their candidate. There are the Berkeley folks...who among other things, their city counsel sent a letter to the USMC officially expelling them from the city, then blocked the entrance to the recruiting office and it took the Berkeley police eight hours to remove them.

So I guess instead of citing specific incidents of anti-American behavior, I'll summarize it as those who commit crimes in the furtherance of their agenda, or should I say "perspective".

No doubt this country is founded on principles that allow us to agree to disagree and to establish laws and policies that are in the best interest of our great nation. No argument there Jim. But if there are no boundaries, then what remains of our nation?

Hearing that really depresses me and makes me want to punch someone all at once.

JimN
11-14-2008, 08:38 AM
Skipper- I thought you were referring to the people here at TMC.

mrprostar
11-14-2008, 09:00 AM
Politics aside, we (those who disagree with the new president) need to be bigger people and not turn to those anti-American tactics. Read Romans 13:1-2. That verse shuts me up.

Jesus_Freak
11-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Politics aside, we (those who disagree with the new president) need to be bigger people and not turn to those anti-American tactics. Read Romans 13:1-2. That verse shuts me up.

Ephesians 6:5-8 also. Thanks!

ChicagoX55
11-14-2008, 12:33 PM
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n119/phazicwish/060_16029Proud-to-be-an-American-Mi.jpg

clevan
11-15-2008, 10:52 PM
Ditto. As much as I do not agree with the approach/strategy of those in various upcoming leadership roles, we must support them. By support, I do not mean blind following or thinking they are the answer to our problems. I mean....not talking smack to our children or in public about those in office as well as trying to help them implement their "solutions" as long as we do not have to side step our faith.
I for one have no intention of remaining quiet and not speaking out against policies that I believe are wrong for this country. Our leaders are still elected and are put in office to serve us. If they are engaged in policies that we disagree with it is our duty to speak out even if we are in the minority (for now, there will be other elections). I believe the policies that Obama has indicated are wrong for this country and will cause harm to our economy and will diminish our society. I believe in this country and will continue to support the country but I will not feign support for an elected official or his policies that I do not believe in. I will continue to teach my children the morals and values that I believe in regardless of what our new, liberal leadership deems to be appropriate. I may feel like I have lost in this election but I have not surrendered.

Maristar210
11-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Yeah ...

Approving abortion is a great idea.....

N O T

What if your mother aborted you?

YOU OBAMA SUPPORTERS MAKE ME WANT TO VOMIT

lanier92prostar
11-15-2008, 11:44 PM
Yeah ...

Approving abortion is a great idea.....

N O T

What if your mother aborted you?

YOU OBAMA SUPPORTERS MAKE ME WANT TO VOMIT

I agree. Anyone who goes to church and thinks they are a christian and voted for Obama is a hypocrit in my book.

Maristar210
11-15-2008, 11:49 PM
I agree. Anyone who goes to church and thinks they are a christian and voted for Obama is a hypocrit in my book.

Where is DON for a ruling???

That's what I thought....

Probably helping some girl get an abortion.

Thats a great idea

lanier92prostar
11-15-2008, 11:52 PM
Where is DON for a ruling???

That's what I thought....

Probably helping some girl get an abortion.

Thats a great idea

Change is a comin:mad:

Maristar210
11-16-2008, 12:09 AM
h[osgjnd;fgdjngljngs

JimN
11-16-2008, 12:29 AM
Being skeptical of our government is our duty but placing blame and finding fault just to be a PITA isn't the goal. If they want to change things that are working, we need to stop them. If they want to let things continue in a bad direction, we need to slap them upside the head and make it abundantly clear that we don't approve. Unfortunately, too many people would rather glue their azz to their sofa and watch TV for years on end and not think about what the country needs until it's "Time to join me, in changing the greatest nation in the history of the world" and "make history" with their choice.

"It's all about the ice cream" gets the attention of people who think they're entitled to things, or don't have as much as others. I'd like to see those people work that hard at their jobs instead of only making noise during the election.

Both parties have taken bashing their opponent with out of context statements and half-truths to new heights, or lows, depending on how you look at it. Most people think the President can do all of the things Obama promised, but the POTUS is just part of the top tier and they all have to work together, something that has been lacking for a long time. We need to hold the feet of Congress to the fire. NOW!

Shortline197
11-16-2008, 01:14 AM
MasterCraft owners unite! If the powers that are coming in January have their way we will need an electrical conversion for our AWFUL POLLUTING BOATS.

Jesus_Freak
11-16-2008, 08:20 AM
I for one have no intention of remaining quiet and not speaking out against policies that I believe are wrong for this country. Our leaders are still elected and are put in office to serve us. If they are engaged in policies that we disagree with it is our duty to speak out even if we are in the minority (for now, there will be other elections). I believe the policies that Obama has indicated are wrong for this country and will cause harm to our economy and will diminish our society. I believe in this country and will continue to support the country but I will not feign support for an elected official or his policies that I do not believe in. I will continue to teach my children the morals and values that I believe in regardless of what our new, liberal leadership deems to be appropriate. I may feel like I have lost in this election but I have not surrendered.

Dont think for one second that I would ever suggest you (or anyone) compromise your beliefs and/or just be quiet for the sake of being quiet. I lost in the election as well. Clearly, I was referring to non-constructive criticism. He will be our leader whether we agree with his policies or not. I most certainly do not.

Maristar210
11-16-2008, 08:45 AM
Dont think for one second that I would ever suggest you (or anyone) compromise your beliefs and/or just be quiet for the sake of being quiet. I lost in the election as well. Clearly, I was referring to non-constructive criticism. He will be our leader whether we agree with his policies or not. I most certainly do not.

Your right just makes me angry as hell.

Hrkdrivr
11-16-2008, 03:18 PM
My daughter came up w/a great idea for a bumper sticker...it was too close to the election to get them made up, but the sentiment is still valid (for us) after the election too...

"No thanks, you can keep the change!"