PDA

View Full Version : Share those recipes

bradamerry
05-07-2005, 09:53 AM
Ok for the Wildman's Ribs or Chops you will need the sauce!!

Bar-B-Que sauce of your choice (I use Kraft orginial)--- 80%
Mustard --------------------------------------------- 15%
Worcestershire sauce---------------------------------- 5%
Tony's Chacheres, just depends on how spicy a favor you want?

I only cook babybacks ribs!!! They are just better!!!

I will baste the meat about 2 hrs before I start cooking, gives the sauce a chance to get in the meat.

I will brown the ribs on both sides really good, the meat should be about 50% done, then I will cut each individual rib apart and place in a pan on the side of the grill ( but inside the grill) and let them finish cooking there. It takes alittle work to do this, but the ribs will not dry doing it this way, like they would sitting over the fire directly.

The big thing is don't get in a hurry, it takes me about 2 hrs. to cook 8 racks of babybacks at the lake, but they are sooo good..

bradamerry
05-07-2005, 10:08 AM
I buy a Hormel Pork Loin, onions, red and green bellpeppers.

I slice the bellpeppers and place on top and bottom of the loin.
I dice the onions and place at the ends and side of the loin.
I add Worchestorshire sauce, lemon pepper, Tony's, black pepper and alittle red pepper.
I wrap the loin in 6 sheets of tin foil and cook for about 3 hrs.
You need to flip the loin about every 30 minutes.

The loin will just fall apart it is so tender :dance: !!!

You can do this on the grill or in the oven @ about 350f.
But you have to flip it.

I put one on one night and got drunk, forgot about it and went to sleep. Got up the next morning and remembered it, one side was burnt and the other was raw :eek: . And it cooked until the carcoal burned out.

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 10:08 AM
What goes in the pan with them?

bradamerry
05-07-2005, 10:10 AM
What goes in the pan with them?

alittle cooking spray, so they don't stick to the bottom.

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 10:13 AM
:rolleyes: Hm, I will have to give that a try!

bradamerry
05-07-2005, 10:25 AM
Preparing the grill...

Mag_Red
05-07-2005, 10:39 AM
You guys are making me hungry :popcorn:

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 10:48 AM
One last question, what kind of pan do you use?

bradamerry
05-07-2005, 10:49 AM
One last question, what kind of pan do you use?
cake pan, or just anyone that will fit in the grill.

JEREMY79
05-07-2005, 10:52 AM
Why dont you UPS me some crawfish and a recipe

bradamerry
05-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Why dont you UPS me some crawfish and a recipe
I would, but I usually just but my crawfish.. Unless you are cooking for alot and I mean alot of people, it is cheaper to buy them...

JEREMY79
05-07-2005, 11:18 AM
Is a wedding reception enough of people. There is nowhere to buy them here.

bradamerry
05-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Is a wedding reception enough of people. There is nowhere to buy them here.
How many folks are you talking???

JEREMY79
05-07-2005, 11:23 AM
they are planning on 350 at the reception now I think

Ric
05-07-2005, 11:45 AM
Brad I can cook ok but have no recipes
Take a drink, throw something in.. take two drinks, throw something else in. repeat as necessary.

RackAtak
05-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Venison Jerky

The better the cut of meat, the better the end product. I always prefer to use the hams or other cuts that are trimmed extremely well. No sinew and absolutely no fat.

1.Freeze meat solid and then leave in refrigerator overnight so it stays semi-solid. This makes it easier to slice. Slice thin, about 3/16 to 1/4 inch thick.

2.For the marinade pour 1-14OZ can clear beef broth in a bowl. refill can with soy sauce and pour in the bowl. Add 1 CUP packed brown sugar to the bowl and mix well

3.Add about a tablespoon or so of liquid smoke to this mixture

4.Add garlic powder and pepper or other spices to taste.

5.Pour liquid over sliced meat and marinate for 12 to 24 hours. Mix around every few hours.

6.After meat has marinated put a few layers of paper towels down on a counter top or other flat surface and place strips of meat on paper towels in a single layer. (use the whole counter top and do all the meat at once).

7.Blot the top of the meat with more paper towels so it now appears dry.

8.Re-season with whatever dry spices you like. i use garlic powder, black pepper and red pepper flakes.

9.Dry at 150° for about 8 hours or so, maybe longer, maybe shorter, depending on how dry you like your jerky and how efficient your smoker or oven is. I used to use an electric smoker with no smoke but it did not stay at an even 150°. I have a digital oven so now i lay the meat on the racks and set the digital temp to 150° and let it go.

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Venison Jerky

The better the cut of meat, the better the end product. I always prefer to use the hams or other cuts that are trimmed extremely well. No sinew and absolutely no fat.

1.Freeze meat solid and then leave in refrigerator overnight so it stays semi-solid. This makes it easier to slice. Slice thin, about 3/16 to 1/4 inch thick.

2.For the marinade pour 1-14OZ can clear beef broth in a bowl. refill can with soy sauce and pour in the bowl. Add 1 CUP packed brown sugar to the bowl and mix well

5.Pour liquid over sliced meat and marinate for 12 to 24 hours. Mix around every few hours.

6.After meat has marinated put a few layers of paper towels down on a counter top or other flat surface and place strips of meat on paper towels in a single layer. (use the whole counter top and do all the meat at once).

8.Re-season with whatever dry spices you like. i use garlic powder, black pepper and red pepper flakes.

9.Dry at 150° for about 8 hours or so, maybe longer, maybe shorter, depending on how dry you like your jerky and how efficient your smoker or oven is. I used to use an electric smoker with no smoke but it did not stay at an even 150°. I have a digital oven so now i lay the meat on the racks and set the digital temp to 150° and let it go.

Interesting recipe, I have never had Venison before. Have to give it a shot sometime.

RackAtak
05-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Interesting recipe, I have never had Venison before. Have to give it a shot sometime.
It will work just as well with beef...

RackAtak
05-07-2005, 12:35 PM
...Have to give it a shot sometime.
No pun intended right...

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 12:37 PM
:D Didn't even mean to do that. :headbang:

bradamerry
05-07-2005, 01:02 PM
Brad I can cook ok but have no recipes
Take a drink, throw something in.. take two drinks, throw something else in. repeat as necessary.
Is that what happened to your avatar???? ;)

Ric
05-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Is that what happened to your avatar???? ;)
ok I've spent too much time on here with you guys..... I KNEW you were going to say that!

bradamerry
05-07-2005, 01:08 PM
ok I've spent too much time on here with you guys..... I KNEW you were going to say that!
Not leaving are you???? :uglyhamme

Ric
05-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Not leaving are you???? :uglyhamme
not till I buy that malibu...... til then y'all are stuck with my BS

:D

Cloaked
05-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Thanks Brad... A long overdue thread. I am an Admin on another forum and we have an entire section for recipes... Man do we have a collection of good grub too...

Thanks again Brad... Aren't you ashamed that I had to drag this out of you through public humiliation??? LMAO.... :D :D :steering:

bradamerry
05-07-2005, 01:13 PM
not till I buy that malibu...... til then y'all are stuck with my BS

:D
Buy a bu' and I will kicked your ars!!!!!! And I do get to Houston on business from time to time!!!!!

bradamerry
05-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Thanks Brad... A long overdue thread. I am an Admin on another forum and we have an entire section for recipes... Man do we have a collection of good grub too...

Thanks again Brad... Aren't you ashamed that I had to drag this out of you through public humiliation??? LMAO.... :D :D :steering:

I'm sorry, but now you have two of them... And you can't beat that sauce on hamburgers as well!!!

Ric
05-07-2005, 01:17 PM
Buy a bu' and I will kicked your ars!!!!!! And I do get to Houston on business from time to time!!!!!
I may drown before you get your shot at the title! Looking at some of the pics on the bu thread here freaks me out.

bradamerry
05-07-2005, 01:18 PM
I may drown before you get your shot at the title! Looking at some of the pics on the bu thread here freaks me out.
What thread???? Did I miss something again just BSing???

bradamerry
05-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Look at me go again, Doug will be mad at me again :mad: !!!! I have threadjacked my own thread yet again :D ..... :uglyhamme

André
05-07-2005, 06:41 PM
Look at me go again, Doug will be mad at me again :mad: !!!! I have threadjacked my own thread yet again :D ..... :uglyhamme
That takes pure talent Brad!!!
Man,your recipes makes me hungry at this time... :toast:

bradamerry
05-07-2005, 08:00 PM
That takes pure talent Brad!!!
Man,your recipes makes me hungry at this time... :toast:
I know, I've been thinking about putting a pork loin on tomorrow!!! :rolleyes:

MarkP
05-07-2005, 08:08 PM
I was a little disappointed to see some of those recipes out on the internet.. They do work though

erkoehler
05-07-2005, 08:30 PM
Made some BBQ chicken w/ garlic potatoes on the grill tonight! UM, UM it was goooooood. :D

6ballsisall
05-08-2005, 11:18 PM
Beer butt Chicken

1. Drink half a can of your favorite domestic beer
2, Fire up Grill and preheat
3. Take whole chicken
4. Take 1/2 full can of beer and insert in chickens rear.
5. Cook on the grill until done

Sounds nuts but I am telling you its good!

JEREMY79
05-08-2005, 11:19 PM
I acutually had this last night. Very tasty

erkoehler
05-08-2005, 11:20 PM
Which one of the recipes did you have?

MasterMason
05-08-2005, 11:22 PM
Beer butt Chicken

3. Take whole chicken

Also good if you add spices to the beer as well.

JEREMY79
05-08-2005, 11:23 PM
Which one of the recipes did you have?

Chicken with a beer up its ars

bradamerry
05-08-2005, 11:24 PM
Beer butt Chicken

3. Take whole chicken

Sounds like a waste of a half a beer to me, but I have done this!!!

MasterMason
05-08-2005, 11:26 PM
Get a flank steak, butterfly, it almost in half, so you can open it up. It is easier if you freeze it for an hour or so first. then Marinade it, I use Red Wine, Red Wine Vinigar, Lemon Pepper and Garlic. Only needs to marinate for an hour or so. Then put your favorite stuffing inside, such as bread crumbs, garlic, Red wine, Roll the flank into a roll, cover in your favorite rub, and cook at around 350 on the grill for 1 hour (medium) turning once.

6ballsisall
05-08-2005, 11:28 PM
Get a flank steak, butterfly, it almost in half, so you can open it up. It is easier if you freeze it for an hour or so first. then Marinade it, I use Red Wine, Red Wine Vinigar, Lemon Pepper and Garlic. Only needs to marinate for an hour or so. Then put your favorite stuffing inside, such as bread crumbs, garlic, Red wine, Roll the flank into a roll, cover in your favorite rub, and cook at around 350 on the grill for 1 hour (medium) turning once.

Dang I am really getting hungry now!

MasterMason
05-08-2005, 11:33 PM
Dang I am really getting hungry now!

I just had a bone in Rib eye, about 1 inch thick. Seared it 750 for 2 mins a side. Let rest for 10 mins, was solid with pink thoughout..... so good, I think I will do it again tommorow. :banana:

6ballsisall
05-08-2005, 11:38 PM
Mashed potatoes to die for:

5lbs bag of Mashed Potatoes- Clean and cut up and boil (take of the peels if you don't like them)
Once potatoes are cooked mash them up
Add approx. 1 cup of Butter
Add 8-10 oz of Sour Cream
Add 6 oz of Cream Cheese
Add 1/2 Cloves of Fresh Garlic
Add 1/2 tsp of Salt

Mix it all up and enjoy!

(Warning: these don't win any awards for healthy foods)

Leroy
05-08-2005, 11:45 PM
For mothers day....Barbeque chicken with Sweet Baby Ray's sauce and chicken breast 1/4 inch sliced on wooden skewers and marinated in equal amounts of sugar and soy sauce (can just do teriyaki sauce if you want). That barbeque sauce was so good, everyone loved it.

Mastermason; You are really putting that green egg thing to great use!

MasterMason
05-08-2005, 11:48 PM

Yep I am, I have done pork butts 4 times aready, the last one I did 4 that cooked for 17 hours till done, I then took it to the snack shack at the baseball league. They sold pulled pork sandwiches for $5 each and made the league about $400 bucks. Not too bad.

I really have to try the pizza though.

bradamerry
05-08-2005, 11:49 PM
For mothers day....Barbeque chicken with Sweet Baby Ray's sauce and chicken breast 1/4 inch sliced on wooden skewers and marinated in equal amounts of sugar and soy sauce (can just do teriyaki sauce if you want). That barbeque sauce was so good, everyone loved it.

For Mother's Day, I left!!!!! :uglyhamme

erkoehler
05-08-2005, 11:51 PM
Sweet Baby Rays Sauce!!! Used that on the BBQ ribs I made today.

Leroy
05-08-2005, 11:53 PM
My wife bought one bottle as an experiment and in pre-use test it is the best...reminded me of the Memphis airport where I ALWAYS have BBQ something!

Sweet Baby Rays Sauce!!! Used that on the BBQ ribs I made today.

erkoehler
05-08-2005, 11:55 PM
The sauce can either make or break the meat, choose wisely :D

6ballsisall
05-08-2005, 11:55 PM
Can;t beat some good BBQ sauce. I can't say I am overly fond of the Montgomery Inn's world famous blend.

Has anyone ate at Famous Dave's BBQ and tried their "Devil Spit" BBQ Sauce? mmmmmmmmmmmm....... now that's some flavor!

MasterMason
05-08-2005, 11:57 PM
Brown 2lbs ground beef and one onion chopped Drain fat
cook 1 lb elbow noodles till just bairly done, don't over cook

Put beef and onions in covered pot with cooked noodles, 16 oz frozen corn, 3 cans black olives, garlic, italian spices, and enough tomatoe sause to make it moist (usually one 29oz can, plus one or 2 8 oz cans) Stir and bake in oven for 1 hour stirring a couple of times. Serve with fresh parmisan cheese.

This is a great dish for cooking with kids easy and tastes great.

bradamerry
05-08-2005, 11:58 PM
My wife bought one bottle as an experiment and in pre-use test it is the best...reminded me of the Memphis airport where I ALWAYS have BBQ something!
Leroy, PM me your digits and I will send you some Wildman Sauce!!!!

JEREMY79
05-08-2005, 11:59 PM
Leroy, PM me your digits and I will send you some Wildman Sauce!!!!

say again :confused:

erkoehler
05-08-2005, 11:59 PM
Can;t beat some good BBQ sauce. I can't say I am overly fond of the Montgomery Inn's world famous blend.

Has anyone ate at Famous Dave's BBQ and tried their "Devil Spit" BBQ Sauce? mmmmmmmmmmmm....... now that's some flavor!

I'll have to give it a shot next time I eat there.

bradamerry
05-09-2005, 12:01 AM
say again :confused:
Ok, Ok, I will make alot and send some out to Mrs. Wildman, too.

Leroy
05-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Montgomery's sounds good!http://www.montgomeryinn.com/innthenews/19990428_tops.html

But so does Famous Dave's!
http://www.famousdaves.com/legend.cfm

Will have to try each when I get a chance. I think we liked Sweat Baby Ray's because it was sweeter.

X2M
05-09-2005, 12:40 AM
I am very impressed with the culinary talents of the men on this board. These recipes sound great. I will have to try them out. Do you do windows too? :)

Leroy
05-09-2005, 12:47 AM
We only sound good because we are not being compared with our significant others....what's your speciality X2mom?

X2M
05-09-2005, 12:51 AM
We only sound good because we are not being compared with our significant others....what's your speciality X2mom?

I make a really good pasta with garlic chicken and tomatoes. :)

Leroy
05-09-2005, 12:58 AM
Sounds great, can you give me a few more details and I'll try it!

Thanks!

MasterMason
05-09-2005, 12:59 AM
Thanks Momma, I have been the main cook for my family since I was about 15 when I got better at it than my mom. At one point I wanted to be a chief, but then I realized that that meant working nights and weekends, and I didn't want that.

How about a simple meat ball soup.

1 lb ground beef
garlic
1 eggs
1 cup plain bread crumbs
1 cup fresh ground parmisan cheese
Pepper

Mix all of above. And roll into small meat balls about 1 tbs size

Bring 2 quarts of beef broth to a boil, add a few meatballs at a time cook for 5 mins

Add 3 cups of orzo cook until tender.

X2M
05-09-2005, 01:16 AM
Ok, here goes. I don't really have an recipe for this. I am kind of a little bit if this and a little bit of that cook.

1 boneless/skinless chicken breast
-seasoned with garlic rub of your choice,
-either grilled or put on the george forman
-when done either sliced or cubed (sp?)
1 large garden tomato - cut up,
1 1/2 cup of pasta, your choice, cooked (angel hair is good)
2 table spoons of Italian salad dressing,
(This is for a single serving, multiply when needed).

I like to layer the pasta, chicken and then the tomatoes. Drizzle the dressing on top and there you have it. Great for the summer. No oven heating up the kitchen. :)

-Mastermason-you really impress me with the recipes. I am taking notes. :)

sizzler
05-09-2005, 02:12 AM
Venison Jerky

sounds nice.....but isnt it a little dear :D

Leroy
05-09-2005, 08:24 AM
Thanks X2momma, understand now, sounds good, will try.

Ok, here goes. I don't really have an recipe for this. I am kind of a little bit if this and a little bit of that cook.

:)

Dan K
05-09-2005, 09:37 AM
For tender ribs I learned to first remove the silver sinew from the backs. this takes a little patience. I then steam them with water and vinegar in the oven at 200 for a couple of hours. I use a casaroul dish and cover it with foil.

To finish I cut the ribs into pairs and baste on the grill until nicely browned.

I make my own sauce using 75% ketchup, 25% vinegar and spice with garlic, pepper and salt to taste.

MasterMason
05-09-2005, 07:17 PM
In a large covered skilit, brown several boneless/skinless chicken breasts. Cover chicken in cheap white wine, add Dried Basil, tarragon, a couple of bay leaves and cover and cook until tender at a low boil (about 1 hour)

Remove chicken and set aside, remove bay leaves and toss. Beat 3 egg yokes and gently stir into sauce, then add 4 or more Tbs dijon mustard (more makes the dijon taste stand out more), then stir in 4 tbs sour cream. You may also add some more wine if you need more sauce at this point as well.

Serve over either rice or noodles, put rice or noodles on plate, put chicken on top and spoon sauce over everything.

mbeach
05-09-2005, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=bradamerry]Ok for the Wildman's Ribs or Chops you will need the sauce!!

Bar-B-Que sauce of your choice (I use Kraft orginial)--- 80%[QUOTE=bradamerry]

brad -- try kc masterpiece. it's the best over the counter i've ever had and i used to be a kraft fan. also, as one poster pointed out, try using the hormel pork tenderloins. i either marinate the plain or buy the teryaiki (sp?). can't go wrong in either case.

bradamerry
05-09-2005, 07:57 PM
[QUOTE=bradamerry]Ok for the Wildman's Ribs or Chops you will need the sauce!!

Bar-B-Que sauce of your choice (I use Kraft orginial)--- 80%[QUOTE=bradamerry]

brad -- try kc masterpiece. it's the best over the counter i've ever had and i used to be a kraft fan. also, as one poster pointed out, try using the hormel pork tenderloins. i either marinate the plain or buy the teryaiki (sp?). can' go wrong in either case.
I've had the masterpiece, good stuff..... Just not as good to me in this mix... Just me :) .

mbeach
05-09-2005, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=mbeach][QUOTE=bradamerry]Ok for the Wildman's Ribs or Chops you will need the sauce!!

I've had the masterpiece, good stuff..... Just not as good to me in this mix... Just me :) .
whatever makes your toe tap. straight out of the bottle, i remember the kraft having an after taste but your witches' brew probably takes care of this.

MrsJMT
05-09-2005, 08:56 PM
Off the recipe subject, but just had fresh morels for dinner. Mmmmmm.

MasterMason
05-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Off the recipe subject, but just had fresh morels for dinner. Mmmmmm.

What are Morels?

MasterMason
05-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Pound Cake

1 lb sugar
1 lb flour
1 lb butter
1 lb eggs

Mix well, put in loaf pans or bunt cake pan, cook at 350 for 1 hour

MrsJMT
05-09-2005, 09:32 PM
morels are wild mushrooms.

bcampbe7
05-09-2005, 10:04 PM
Pound Cake

1 lb sugar
1 lb flour
1 lb butter
1 lb eggs

Mix well, put in loaf pans or bunt cake pan, cook at 350 for 1 hour

Why do they call it a pound cake? :uglyhamme

MasterMason
05-09-2005, 10:12 PM
Why do they call it a pound cake? :uglyhamme

easist recipe on earth to remember, and great staight or with fruit or ice cream.....

jimmer2880
05-10-2005, 06:28 AM
.... then I will cut each individual rib apart and place in a pan on the side of the grill ( but inside the grill) and let them finish cooking there....

When they are in a pan, is the pan filled with anything?

I absolutely love ribs, but have never fixed them myself yet.

jimmer2880
05-10-2005, 06:41 AM

DOH! - sorry... I should have read further down the post list.

jimmer2880
05-10-2005, 06:42 AM
Mason - sounds like you're quite the chef.

When are you having a Team MC get-to-gether so we can have some samples? :D

erkoehler
05-10-2005, 07:13 AM
Mason - sounds like you're quite the chef.

When are you having a Team MC get-to-gether so we can have some samples? :D

Samples? We need meals! Gotta keep up the ski energy...

bradamerry
05-10-2005, 08:05 AM

No, just a pan full of ribs... And I add another layer of sauce to them there :toast: .

JEREMY79
05-10-2005, 08:15 AM
Alright teach yall how to make my specialty.

This is tought so pay attention

Go to town get a pizza (Dominos carryout works for me, its cheaper) On the way home stop at Shell station (anywhere will work) get a candy bar of choice. Sit on couch watch T.V. and enjoy.
(meal MUST be enjoyed with beer)

Leroy
05-10-2005, 09:12 AM
OH Jeremy; Too funny, but I don't believe this! Any young man getting married has to have one special meal he makes for his bride!

Alright teach yall how to make my specialty.

This is tought so pay attention

Go to town get a pizza (Dominos carryout works for me, its cheaper) On the way home stop at Shell station (anywhere will work) get a candy bar of choice. Sit on couch watch T.V. and enjoy.
(meal MUST be enjoyed with beer)

bradamerry
05-10-2005, 09:39 AM
OH Jeremy; Too funny, but I don't believe this! Any young man getting married has to have one special meal he makes for his bride!
Well, you and Jeremy have some sampling to do. Going in the mail :) today!!!!

east tx skier
05-10-2005, 10:18 AM
May have posted this already, but here's something you all might enjoy.

Holy Guacamole
8 Ripe Avacados (skinned and seeded)
Juice of 2 limes
1/4 cup of orange juice
3 tablespoons of medium salsa to taste
sea salt to taste
fresh cilantro to taste
2 packages of Concorde or McCormick's Guacamole Seasoning.

Mix with a potato masher and serve. It will blow your mind.

JEREMY79
05-10-2005, 10:26 AM

I make some killer fried fish, taters & onions and mac & cheese. I have never made it in the kitchen though. Always on the creek bank.

MasterMason
05-11-2005, 12:04 AM
Boneless/skinless chicken breasts beat thin with a tenderizing hammer.

put procutto (sp) and swiss cheese on top and roll tightly. Cover with a strip of bacon or two, using toothpicks to hold it together, and cook at 350 in the oven or on the grill for 45 mins to 1 hour untill bacon is crisp.

Leroy
05-11-2005, 12:07 AM
Brad; Can't wait to try!

Well, you and Jeremy have some sampling to do. Going in the mail :) today!!!!

X2M
05-11-2005, 12:08 AM
Boneless/skinless chicken breasts beat thin with a tenderizing hammer.

put procutto (sp) and swiss cheese on top and roll tightly. Cover with a strip of bacon or two, using toothpicks to hold it together, and cook at 350 in the oven or on the grill for 45 mins to 1 hour untill bacon is crisp.

Do you think this would be good over wild rice? To dry? You really need to put together a cook book or something. :) I have been writting them down to try one at a time. Got anything for crock pots? I just got my first one for Christmas.

erkoehler
05-11-2005, 12:11 AM
Who got you a crock pot? I would have gotten my arse kicked if I got my mom a crock pot.

MasterMason
05-11-2005, 12:18 AM
Do you think this would be good over wild rice? To dry? You really need to put together a cook book or something. :) I have been writting them down to try one at a time. Got anything for crock pots? I just got my first one for Christmas.

Probably too dry for rice, maybe a rice pilaf on the side...

For a crock pot I have a few....

Tai Basil chicken

Boneless skinless chicken thighs, the whole bag from safeway. Thaw and chop. Brown it a little oil and put in crock pot

4 tbs Soy Sauce
4 tbs Sugar
4 tbs plum Sauce
4 tbs oyster sauce
2 tbs japanese curry paste
garlic chili paste to taste ( a little goes a long way)
1 can tamerind juice (found in mexican juice section)

Cook for pretty much as long as you want, the meat will start to fall apart.

chop 1 can water chestnuts add to pot

Add 16 oz bean sprouts

add 4 oz fresh chopped basil

Serve over white rice

X2M
05-11-2005, 12:21 AM
Who got you a crock pot? I would have gotten my arse kicked if I got my mom a crock pot.

HA HA HA!! Believe it or not I really wanted one. Never had one before. Heard that they were great for hot meals that took little prep time. Between baseball practice, games and horseback riding lessons I need all the help I can get.

MasterMason
05-11-2005, 12:23 AM
in Crockpot

1 pork butt (boneless is easier) Chopped into 1 inch cubes

Brown in oil

put in crock pot with
1 can beer
garlic
chili powder to taste
1 chopped onion
4 tbs dried basil
Water to make it soupy(may need to add more later)

Cook untill pork is falling apart, I use a potato masher to make it a good mush

Put in a bigger pot
add 2 29 oz cans of white homeny
cook until warm though out
(I also add a little corn starch to thicken, but that is not authentic)

Serve in bowl with fresh chopped onions on top and flour tortillas for dunking

MasterMason
05-11-2005, 12:27 AM
I always hated this as a kid, but thats because I don't like zuccinni, everyone else loved it

1 cheap piece of beef Chopped and browned
1 onion chopped
1 large can tomato sauce
1 small can tomato paste
Italian seasoning
Water to almost top of pot
cook until meat is very tender

add chopped or sliced zuccini
Add 8 oz spagetti noodles and cook until tender,

Serve

MasterMason
05-11-2005, 12:28 AM

hey, My mom bought me my crock pot. It is now old and ugly, but I just can't bring myself to get a new one.

MasterMason
05-11-2005, 12:30 AM
1 trimmed beef brisket

dressing or marinade of choice (different things give you different flavor)
cover meat in crockpot with just enough of the above to cover.

Cook on low for 8 or more hours untill you can insert a fork though meat easily.

MasterMason
05-11-2005, 12:32 AM
Can you all tell it is a miracle that I don't weigh 400 lbs?

X2M
05-11-2005, 01:35 AM
Can you all tell it is a miracle that I don't weigh 400 lbs?

I think I am going to weigh 400 lbs soon. :) Just from the few recipes you have posted.

JEREMY79
05-12-2005, 01:21 PM
Sounds pretty crazy but its good.

take catfish fillets and put them in the smoker. (dam that was hard)

I use hickory chips in mine. It really gives it a good flavor. Season with a little season salt

dmac
05-12-2005, 01:35 PM
Montgomery's sounds good!http://www.montgomeryinn.com/innthenews/19990428_tops.html

But so does Famous Dave's!
http://www.famousdaves.com/legend.cfm

Will have to try each when I get a chance. I think we liked Sweat Baby Ray's because it was sweeter.
I strongly recommend Famous Dave's. I'll eat ribs there instead of doing them myself.

Don't tell my cardiologist.

Granite_33
05-12-2005, 04:33 PM
I'm doing some Brats this weekend.
I usually par boil them in water, beer, onions, and a sh*tload of butter.
After they are about 75% cooked, I pull them off and put them on the grill to finish them off. Then its back to the beer, onion, butter mix.

Anyone got a Brat recipe that'll knock my socks off? I would love to try it out this weekend.

Even if it doesn't work out, its only the in-laws....... :D

MasterMason
05-15-2005, 10:44 AM
1 loaf frozen Bread dough
1 lb sausage
6 eggs
1/2 to 1 lb grated cheese

Let loaf thaw and double in size. Punch down and roll out thin sized to fit bundt pan

Brown sausage

beat eggs add grated cheese and sausage. Pour mixture on rolled out bread, and roll like a jelly roll. Put in bundt pan and bake for 1 hour at 350.
Cut and eat

MasterMason
05-16-2005, 06:21 PM
Turkey Tettrazinni

2 cups chopped cooked turkey
1 lbs egg noodles cooked
3 cans favorite cream of soup (chicken or mushroom work well)
Milk
Unseasoned bread crumbs
1 lb grated cheeder cheese

Put 1/2 noodles in bottom of lasanga pan
cover with turkey
cover with rest of noodles.
Mix soup with milk 2 to 1 soup to milk
cover noodles and eggs until fully covered and seeped down

cover with bread crumbs
Cover bread crumbs with cheese

Bake at 350 until cheese just starts to brown. About 1 hour

YOu can also use chicken instead of turkey

LakePirate
05-17-2005, 12:27 AM
Alright, I will share my simple yet tasty grilled chicken marinade.

Boneless skinless chicken breast
Gallon Ziploc bags

Lemon Pepper seasoning
Italian Dressing
Tabasco
Beer (lots of beer)

Combine all ingredients into ziploc bag. Add more than you would think it needs. Let sit overnight in fridge. Take to tailgate party. Bring more beer.

While the chicken is cooking continue to pour the marinade over it. When it is just about done smother the chicken with colby jack or your favorite cheese and enjoy.

Always serve when you are playing South Carolina.
Go Big Orange!

Leroy
05-17-2005, 04:54 AM
Mastermason; Are you one of the cooking guys on TV??? IF not you should be!

MasterMason
05-17-2005, 09:48 AM
Mastermason; Are you one of the cooking guys on TV??? IF not you should be!

No TV for me, but thanks. I hope someone is trying some of these :)

Leroy
05-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Sure, I'm game shoot me a sample! :D

The turkey tetrazinne and breakfast loaf (but seems like the beaten eggs would run everywhere?) are my next two meals to try.

No TV for me, but thanks. I hope someone is trying some of these :)

MasterMason
05-17-2005, 12:05 PM
Sure, I'm game shoot me a sample! :D

The turkey tetrazinne and breakfast loaf (but seems like the beaten eggs would run everywhere?) are my next two meals to try.

Actually with the cheese and sausage, it isn't very runny. The first time I made it, I didn't use as many eggs and it was actually too dry. the great thing about that recipe is you can use your imagination about what you put in it. You could do chicken and broccoli with some cream of chicken soup for example.

When are you coming back to CA? I can drag you round the lake and feed ya :toast:

bradamerry
11-05-2005, 10:22 AM
I buy a Hormel Pork Loin, onions, red and green bellpeppers.

I slice the bellpeppers and place on top and bottom of the loin.
I dice the onions and place at the ends and side of the loin.
I add Worchestorshire sauce, lemon pepper, Tony's, black pepper and alittle red pepper.
I wrap the loin in 6 sheets of tin foil and cook for about 3 hrs.
You need to flip the loin about every 30 minutes.

The loin will just fall apart it is so tender :dance: !!!

You can do this on the grill or in the oven @ about 350f.
But you have to flip it.

I put one on one night and got drunk, forgot about it and went to sleep. Got up the next morning and remembered it, one side was burnt and the other was raw :eek: . And it cooked until the carcoal burned out.

Thought I would post some pics of this.

bradamerry
11-05-2005, 10:23 AM
spices....................

bradamerry
11-05-2005, 10:23 AM
ready to cook..............

vegashomeexpert
11-05-2005, 11:38 AM
ready to cook..............

Can I get those prepackaged and shipped?!

bradamerry
11-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Can I get those prepackaged and shipped?!
Maybe$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Easy to do.. ;)

bradamerry
11-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Finished...............

bradamerry
11-05-2005, 02:35 PM
cooking ribs as well..............

stevo137
11-05-2005, 02:39 PM
Brad my man, you need to get in the food business! ;)

bradamerry
11-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Brad my man, you need to get in the food business! ;)
You and Mrs.137 need to make a trip for the food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can do some boating as well... :rolleyes:

stevo137
11-05-2005, 06:02 PM
You and Mrs.137 need to make a trip for the food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can do some boating as well... :rolleyes:
That would be nice. Hey pork loin on the grill with your sauce tonight for us...

bradamerry
11-05-2005, 06:08 PM
That would be nice. Hey pork loin on the grill with your sauce tonight for us...
That will be great............. :D

ski_king
11-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Ok for the Wildman's Ribs or Chops you will need the sauce!!

Mustard --------------------------------------------- 15%
Worcestershire sauce---------------------------------- 5%
Tony's Chacheres, just depends on how spicy a favor you want?
Thanks for the recipe Brad, made some tonight on ribs, only I couldn't find Tony's Chacheres, I had to substitute Emeril's Bayou Blast.
Very good indeed!! :D
I have a very full belly,, I need to go take a nap now.

bradamerry
11-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the recipe Brad, made some tonight on ribs, only I couldn't find Tony's Chacheres, I had to substitute Emeril's Bayou Blast.
Very good indeed!! :D
I have a very full belly,, I need to go take a nap now.
Great, I'm glad you liked it...

Try it on burgers and chops too. :D

Sweet dreams.......................

stevo137
11-06-2005, 03:18 PM
Ah yes, marinated pork loins topped off with Brad's sauce.
MM good!

Leroy
11-06-2005, 03:55 PM
we did at Mag Mania! Very good! But the chef and the meat was outstanding also!

Try it on burgers and chops too. :D

stevo137
11-06-2005, 04:14 PM
I posted this on the sauce thread. Our burger recipe.
As I have mentioned, we have tried the sauce on quite a few things. Chicken, deep fried walleye, pork chops, etc. Sunday we had a taste for a nice big burger so we bought some fresh ground round, added an egg, a bit of onion soup mix, bread crumbs and the usual seasonings. I formed them into a bit larger than quarter pounders and grilled them basting them with the sauce on each side. Topped them off with a slice of real sharp cheddar.

bradamerry
11-06-2005, 07:50 PM
Ah yes, marinated pork loins topped off with Brad's sauce.
MM good!
Looking good 137!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ric
11-07-2005, 09:27 AM
Thought I would post some pics of this.
Thanks Brad!
Tried this recipe yesterday and it was a Hit!
I did mine in the oven and smelled the house up with onions but man it was good!!

LakePirate
11-07-2005, 10:20 AM
Sunday we had a taste for a nice big burger so we bought some fresh ground round, added an egg, a bit of onion soup mix, bread crumbs and the usual seasonings.

Your not making burgers.....your making egg mcmuffins.

/couldn't resist

bradamerry
11-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Thanks Brad!
Tried this recipe yesterday and it was a Hit!
I did mine in the oven and smelled the house up with onions but man it was good!!
Your welcome.......... :D

6ballsisall
11-07-2005, 02:00 PM
So whats everyones secret to keeping the meat tender while smokin it? I smoked a brisket the other day for 7 hours at 200 degrees on the grill with a ton of mesquite chips and it was pretty dry and was surprised how little smoke flavor it had. What am I doing wrong? I smoked a Ham last year on the grill and it came out awesome. Would I be best off investing in a $50 electric smoker vs. using my propane grill? Need help from the pros here!

Ric
11-07-2005, 02:46 PM
So whats everyones secret to keeping the meat tender while smokin it? I smoked a brisket the other day for 7 hours at 200 degrees on the grill with a ton of mesquite chips and it was pretty dry and was surprised how little smoke flavor it had. What am I doing wrong? I smoked a Ham last year on the grill and it came out awesome. Would I be best off investing in a $50 electric smoker vs. using my propane grill? Need help from the pros here!
I like to start with an untrimmed brisket and smoke it fat side up
this allows the fat to breakdown and keep the meat moist
also, my pit has an area below the rack that you fill with water and other things you'd like to be in the smoke filled area. This water tends to nearly boil, creating a steamy environment. I have to add to it. The fat and grease drips into the water which keeps it in play as well

I trim all the fat away prior to serving

hope that helps

6ballsisall
11-07-2005, 02:50 PM
also, my pit has an area below the rack that you fill with water and other things you'd like to be in the smoke filled area. This water tends to nearly boil, creating a steamy environment. I have to add to it. The fat and grease drips into the water which keeps it in play as well

hope that helps

Thanks Ric! I completely forgot to add a broiling pan on there. I bet thats why it was so dry. I like the meat VERY smoked flavor. How long would you suggest and at what temp would you smoke it at?

stevo137
11-07-2005, 05:54 PM
Your not making burgers.....your making egg mcmuffins.

/couldn't resist
I told Mrs. that you think her burger recipe sucks and she says...http://deephousepage.com/smilies/nixweiss.gif

LakePirate
11-07-2005, 06:04 PM
I told Mrs. that you think her burger recipe sucks and she says...http://deephousepage.com/smilies/nixweiss.gif

Clearly understand and please explain to Mrs. Setvo that I mean no ill will and have no opinion on her burger recipe. Just making reference to Eddie Murphy "RAW"

stevo137
11-07-2005, 06:09 PM
Clearly understand and please explain to Mrs. Stevo that I mean no ill will and have no opinion on her burger recipe. Just making reference to Eddie Murphy "RAW"
We are both LOAO!!!
We thought it would be fun to bust yur stones a bit!

LakePirate
11-07-2005, 06:16 PM
We are both LOAO!!!
We thought it would be fun to bust yur stones a bit!

Excellent, I am glad I could be a part of your amusement this evening.

stevo137
11-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Excellent, I am glad I could be a part of your amusement this evening.
You know, she knows quite a bit about the people that I talk about on this forum even though she doesn't participate very much. She enjoys looking at some of the post's while I'm on.
She's making her special chili as we speak. She will share it if you like...

Ric
11-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Clearly understand and please explain to Mrs. Setvo that I mean no ill will and have no opinion on her burger recipe. Just making reference to Eddie Murphy "RAW"
betta dan mcdawnawds?

Ric
11-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks Ric! I completely forgot to add a broiling pan on there. I bet thats why it was so dry. I like the meat VERY smoked flavor. How long would you suggest and at what temp would you smoke it at?
I shoot for 225 degrees and a bit less than an hour per pound of meat.
The trick is to add enough wood throughout to keep temperature but slowly enough that there isn't alot of flaming wood. This smokes it up pretty good this way.

MarkP
11-07-2005, 06:28 PM

hope that helps
Thanks for those tips Ric. I haven’t yet tried the brisket But I want to. What sort of equipment do you use? Is it one of those smokers on wheels that the food network tells us northern folk that yawl have in every driveway?? Or is it a little less elaborate??

My neighbor has some welding equipment and if I could get a look at one of those big smokers I’m sure I could duplicate it in miniature, (about the size of a grill and a half)

LakePirate
11-07-2005, 06:29 PM
You know, she knows quite a bit about the people that I talk about on this forum even though she doesn't participate very much. She enjoys looking at some of the post's while I'm on.
She's making her special chili as we speak. She will share it if you like...

With the wife in NYC I need something for dinner. I may have to thaw out some of the batch I made the other week.

My wife calls everybody on here my internet friends.

LakePirate
11-07-2005, 06:30 PM
betta dan mcdawnawds?

You got a big green pepper welfare burger.

stevo137
11-07-2005, 06:30 PM
OK, I need to edit, she said that was mean...

suedv
11-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Snickers Cookies

1 C butter or margarine
1 C creamy peanut butter
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 ˝ C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 14 oz. bags of Fun Size or Miniature Snickers Bars

Mix butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla together well. Add dry ingredients; mix. Cut fun size Snickers bars in half or use one whole miniature Snickers. Wrap a ball of cookie dough around a piece of candy and place on a well greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for about 9 minutes. Flatten cookies slightly with a spatula as soon as they are removed from the oven. Let cool on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes before removing.

Peanut Butter Cup Tarts

Use the same recipe as for Snickers Cookies except you will need 8 dozen small peanut butter cups.

Roll dough in 1" balls. Place in mini muffin pans. Bake at 375 for 7 minutes or until they are a light golden color. While the tarts are baking unwrap the candies. Press candies into the tarts as soon as they are removed from the oven. Let the finished tarts cool in the pans about 15 minutes before removing. The candy gets very soft and the tarts may fall apart if you try to take them out too soon. Slide a knife in beside the tarts to remove from the pan.

When I bake these I usually make both kinds at the same time since each recipe needs time for cooling. I make the dough and alternate between the tarts and cookies. If you do it this way, only buy 1/2 of each kind of candy.

Gluten Free Cookie Flour Mix

If anyone out there needs to eat gluten-free food (no wheat, oats, rye, or barley) here is a great flour mixture that you can use to make the cookies in the above recipes or any other cookie recipe for that matter. They turn out really nice.

3 parts brown rice flour
1 part potato flour (not potato starch flour)

Ric
11-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Thanks for those tips Ric. I haven’t yet tried the brisket But I want to. What sort of equipment do you use? Is it one of those smokers on wheels that the food network tells us northern folk that yawl have in every driveway?? Or is it a little less elaborate??

My neighbor has some welding equipment and if I could get a look at one of those big smokers I’m sure I could duplicate it in miniature, (about the size of a grill and a half)

Mine isn't one of the huge TEXAS size pits but it's nice with all stainless rolltop door, countertop on the front, temp gage and smokestack.

Pitts n Spitts is the brand. I cannot find their website :confused:

Basically, mine has a firebox BELOW the cooking rack and the smoke comes up around each end of the cooking rack
there is a top to the firebox between the fire and the bottom of that water reservior I mentioned.
The rack for the meat is just like a grill (ceramic grills) and it's about 3" above the bottom of the reservoir.

If you build one, the key to a smoker is that your smokestack be below the top of the cooking area so that it traps smoke but still gives enough airflow to keep the fires burning below.

I'd say my cooking area is about 18 x 36 and they get much much larger than that.
Picture round 24" dia. pipe shaped piece laid on it's side centered atop a square box. slot the top right and left corners of the box to let the smoke out up into the ends of the cooking area (laid down 24" dia pipe).

You'll see many with the firebox hanging low off the end of the pit but I like the compact size of mine and yes you can roll it around, but it's on casters, NOT a trailer.

I've mistreated it over the last 10-12 years, so it aint pretty if you want pics, but it still does the job like a champ.

MarkP
11-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Big help Ric.. I think I found it..http://www.pittsandspitts.com/product_subcategory.asp?category=44

I don’t think a shot or two of yours would be out of line or maybe its one on that site??

Thanks for the help. I am going to make one, (in my spare time), when I get some..

Ric
11-08-2005, 12:39 AM
Big help Ric.. I think I found it..http://www.pittsandspitts.com/product_subcategory.asp?category=44

I don’t think a shot or two of yours would be out of line or maybe its one on that site??

Thanks for the help. I am going to make one, (in my spare time), when I get some..

Yes, that is the one, I think they call it the "combo". I think I still have the original papers which have a sketch kinda showing a cutaway view of where the fire is, smoke flows and meat goes. You may be able to build your own by that sketch.

Ric
11-08-2005, 12:51 AM
These may be the ones on wheels you were referring to??
Pittsandspitts (http://www.pittsandspitts.com/section_gallery.asp?gallery=25#)

MarkP
11-08-2005, 08:29 AM
These may be the ones on wheels you were referring to??
Pittsandspitts (http://www.pittsandspitts.com/section_gallery.asp?gallery=25#)
That’s the ones I need!! LOL! I am feeding 5 people every day. They are cool! I can tell you it would be the first one on my block.

I would like to see that drawing. No hurry though..

bradamerry
05-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Wildman did alittle bar-b-que while packing the boat for a Greeson trip for 3 days....

east tx skier
05-18-2006, 10:32 PM
My Grandmother's cornbread recipe.

Mix the following in a bowl:
2 boxes Jiffy Corn muffin mix.
1 cup of bisquick (or one package of bis-kits)
3 eggs
1 2/3 cups buttermilk
honey to taste
sugar to taste (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Pour a good bit of oil into a 13x9 baking pan and put it into the oven for about 5 minute or until the oil smokes. Take the pan out and pour the batter into it. Bake for about 35 minutes. Take it out and glaze the top of it with butter.

MarkP
05-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Wildman did alittle bar-b-que while packing the boat for a Greeson trip for 3 days....
Brad, That looks GREAT!!!!!!

Doug, goin to have to ask you for photos..

east tx skier
05-18-2006, 10:41 PM
No can do at the moment. Trust me, it's good. Very cakey.

Brad, that looks amazing. I'm full of ribs and a patty melt at the moment.

MarkP
05-18-2006, 10:46 PM
No can do at the moment. Trust me, it's good. Very cakey.

Brad, that looks amazing. I'm full of ribs and a patty melt at the moment.
Ok

Ah

Sure, looks good Doug??

Cakey