PDA

View Full Version : New Here - Found an '06 X2 With Issues For Sale

Dorkfish
11-11-2008, 01:07 AM
Very nice site, ladies and gentlemen. As a long time lurker, I appreciate the concern many of you have shown in keeping this site family friendly.

In an attempt to single-handedly avert possible impending economic doom in America, I intend to buy a Mastercraft and have pretty well settled on the '06 and later X2 as a pretty good all-rounder. I've been shopping all the usual on-line ads - Boattrader, Onlyinboards, Craigslist - and just today I came across something I'm having trouble evaluating. I'd appreciate any words of wisdom regarding what I could be getting myself into with this:

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2006-MASTERCRAFT-X-2-94079771

It's a bank repo X2 with no tower, stereo ripped out, and what appears to be missing graphics and possibly some scratches. Anything else you see and any $$ guesses for what's obviously wrong would be most helpful.

Someone talk me out of this before I really get into it.

Thanks in Advance,
Bill

dapicatti
11-11-2008, 01:10 AM
Someone else posted something about this earlier.....really expensive to replace what is missing, tower, speakers, don't forget the wiring. From the looks of it someone beat this boat and they tore everything off of it before they gave it up to the bank....

dapicatti
11-11-2008, 01:12 AM
Here is the link.
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=27488

We had to replace our stereo and wiring due to theft last year in our 06 X2, it was very expensive.

Storm34
11-11-2008, 01:18 AM
I bought a 2002 Mazda truck from a bank a few years back. Same situation, guy who owned it got in trouble with the law and it sat for a year. All the bank wanted was what they had in it for storage. I got a 2002 Mazda in perfect condition with 85k for $1,500!!!! Such a great little truck, and it's paid off! Saw the previous owner a while back, he didn't seem too pleased!

I would try and test drive it and see of there's any other problems than just the radio! If not, go for it and install your own choice of radio! Good Luck!