PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Help - Please.....

Wake Faller
11-10-2008, 10:51 PM
Hi All-

I was wondering if someone out there could help me.

Can you tell me if my 2000 Maristar 230VRS will fit on an 04 X-Star trailer? I know it won't be a perfect fit but how far off would it be? Would it damage my boat to use this trailer?

From what I can tell, it looks like the 04 X-Star is 1 inch wider and 6 inches shorter and about 1300 lbs heavier.

I cannot fathom the differnce the pickle fork bow would make - especially with respect to the bow stop and winch mount.

Any help in sorting this out would be most appreciated.........

Thank You,
Craig

Jerseydave
11-11-2008, 09:38 PM
The bottom of the X-star is quite different than your Maristar. The X-star trailer is made just for that boat, most likely because of bunk positioning (I'm guessing)

You may be able to use it by cutting and re-welding the bunk mounting brackets so that the boat is properly supported. If you're a welder, shouldn't be too difficult.

You may need to move the front v-block so that the trailer is properly balanced too.

corey
11-12-2008, 06:48 PM
I don't think it would fit all that well, the bunks are going to be off which may leave your boat resting on a chine causing potential damage. Additionally you would most likely wear through the bunking/carpeting pretty fast. MasterCraft trailers have the bunks and winch stand welded in place which means they are not adjustable, well at least not without rewelding and repainting them.

That being said if you are only using the trailer once or twice a year it might work well enough.

If you need a trailer there are a couple of companies that make aftermarket trailers for your boat that would fit better. We typically use Phoenix trailers.

BrianM
11-13-2008, 09:46 AM
Are you talking about using this trailer long term or just short term. If short term you can just about make anything work. I stored my '97 190 on a Maristar 230 VRS trailer for a couple of weeks. Did the boat fit? No. Was it easy to get the boat on and off the trailer? No. Did it 'work'? Yep.