PDA

View Full Version : 06 X-Star Winterization question

BrushyCreekXS
11-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Sorry to be paranoid, but I would appreciate some input as to if I should have any concern. This was my first time to winterize the boat myself.

When I went to drain the water from the exhaust manifolds, I removed the connection of the larger hose at the bottom center of the manifold on both sides of the engine. There was a tee connection their with a smaller diameter hose on the other side of the tee. I also removed the connection of the hose at the bottom of the transmission cooler. I did get some water out of both sides.

However, I did not remove the the manifold plugs nor did I unscrew the garden hose looking connection as I have now read in the manual that I downloaded from MC.

I went on to remove both knock sensor plugs and drained the block, then I replaced the plugs and reattached the hoses and took the raw water intake hose and sucked 3 gal of RV antifreeze in.

Is there anyway that would leave me with concerns about the manifolds since I did not do it the way the manual said?

Thanks for any help.

erkoehler
11-10-2008, 03:52 PM
I would be concerned because you probably diluted your antifreeze, and there is now no gaurantee for the level of freeze protection on your boat.

What about your ballast? Heater/Shower?

BrushyCreekXS
11-10-2008, 10:05 PM
no heater/shower. I did winterize the ballast system by pumping antifreeze through each pump through tee connector in the ballast system and then emptying some until it came out of the side overflow/discharge hole.

Should I start over and drain both the Manifold and BlocK again?

erkoehler
11-10-2008, 11:12 PM
That is your call.......I'd start the process again, it is a pretty expensive mistake if you didn't have enough antifreeze.