PDA

View Full Version : Bulk Christmas Cards

Monte
11-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Does anybody have a contact to buy Christmas cards in bulk? I want to send out one to each household I insure. I need somewhere in the neighborhood of 500. As I'm sure you already know. I am looking for inexpensive;) not cheap:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
11-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Dollar Tree has 16 cards and envelopes for $1, can't get much cheaper than that! They're not Hallmark cards by any means, but I'm not Bill Gates either!
If you hang around long enough, I bet you can get some cheap sexy ones in the Team Talk Help forum from a spammer!

JohnE
11-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Dollar Tree has 16 cards and envelopes for $1, can't get much cheaper than that!

You could get 17 for $1.8p

TMCNo1
11-10-2008, 04:08 PM
You could get 17 for $1.8p

Wow, now that's a deal, I'm on my way to Dollar Tree!

Monte
11-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Dollar Tree has 16 cards and envelopes for $1, can't get much cheaper than that! They're not Hallmark cards by any means, but I'm not Bill Gates either!
If you hang around long enough, I bet you can get some cheap sexy ones in the Team Talk Help forum from a spammer!

Thanks for the advice there Harold, but JohnE has one uped you:rolleyes:

justinlkgb
11-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Does anybody have a contact to buy Christmas cards in bulk? I want to send out one to each household I insure. I need somewhere in the neighborhood of 500. As I'm sure you already know. I am looking for inexpensive;) not cheap:rolleyes:

Hey Monte, we get ours @ www.gallerycollection.com

Printed in the USA. I think we went for 750 pieces... Not sure of the exact cost but a nice card.

Monte
11-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Thanks........

Monte
11-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Another question.. I didn't opt for the personnalized Christmas cards. I bought some in bulk. I plan to sign each card. Now the question: Is it poor ettiqutte to place one of my business cards in with each card? They sure as heck cannot read my signature...

RexDog1
11-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Why don’t you print them yourself? On your office printer? it may take some time to do the setup:rolleyes: but will look good and then just sign them for that personal feel …………………… :D

Monte
11-18-2008, 11:54 AM
I probably should have done it that way, but I now own nearly 500 generic Christmas cards:rolleyes:

RexDog1
11-18-2008, 11:59 AM
Can you lay them flat? Most printers well print any size paper??
But to answer your question yes put your business card inside :D

Maybe cut two 45* slots in the card to hold your business card ??

Sodar
11-18-2008, 12:06 PM

Maybe cut two 45* slots in the card to hold your business cards ??

When I interned for a Commercial RE Broker in college, I had to personalize a bunch of generic cards by printing them, just like Jon suggested. I just used a normal deskjet print and Microsoft word... they came out very nice.

Absolutely throw a few business cards in there.

Monte
11-18-2008, 12:12 PM

I will probably have carpel tunnel by the end of the day, but I am through about first 20 right now:rolleyes: What were you thinking I need to print on them?

RexDog1
11-18-2008, 12:18 PM
MARRY CHRISTMAS

lol

SkiDog
11-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Wow, now that's a deal, I'm on my way to Dollar Tree!

Don't you send ME no cheap a$$ Dollar Tree card!:worthy::uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

SkiDog
11-18-2008, 12:23 PM
MARRY CHRISTMAS

lol

Whats this? Do not you mean MERRY?

Monte
11-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks fellas the business cards are going in.. As for the additional printing, I'll have to do that next year.

justinlkgb
11-18-2008, 01:09 PM
I feel your pain. We had to sign about 720 this year. Started in October though, 5 signatures on each card, so a business card was not an option for us.

We tried the printing one year, just didn't work, kept jamming up. I would stil use a mail merge to create mailing labels though.

RexDog1
11-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Ok I know you did not ask me but here are my thoughts about “Holyday Cards” first off don’t send me a card with a copy of a letter on what you did in the past year. If I am a friend I should know what you did? And if you are in my family? don’t send me a photo of the Family standing in front of the Christmas tree first we are an ugly family, and I just saw you on Thanksgiving and I am going to see you on Christmas day so why the photo? I KNOW WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE………. STOP, the color printing on the card, gold, red or green? I am old; my eyes are weak, what is wrong with good old black printing, on a white card? OH all you people who live in So Cal why the card with the photo of a snowy trees or a home in the snow? Is that your home? Is that your front yard trees? And what is the etiquette on thronging them in the trash after the holydays? We have a 2’x3’ box full of old cards from past years that we will never look at again, can I just Sh#@ can them? Getting cards from my Insurance agent, Plummer, tree trimmer, electrician, and so on………… Cool as long as there is a business card inside I AM A GUY, I can never find their phone # when I need it…. as long as it is a business card is white with black writing with a big font so I can read it everybody has their email address, MySpace adders, website address ….. What is wrong with just phone #? Why would I go to my Plummer MySpace page?
Well that fell better now……………………. Man I am getting to be a very bitter old man

TMCNo1
11-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Don't you send ME no cheap a$$ Dollar Tree card!:worthy::uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

Too late, you've been receiving them for years and besides, this years are ready to mail and I bought these the other day for next year in case there is a price increase for 16 for $1.
And you thought Monte was cheap! I'll probably buy more, when Dollar Tree has their "After Christmas Sale" @ 50% off retail!

Monte
11-19-2008, 12:43 PM
Ok I know you did not ask me but here are my thoughts about “Holyday Cards” first off don’t send me a card with a copy of a letter on what you did in the past year. If I am a friend I should know what you did? And if you are in my family? don’t send me a photo of the Family standing in front of the Christmas tree first we are an ugly family, and I just saw you on Thanksgiving and I am going to see you on Christmas day so why the photo? I KNOW WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE………. STOP, the color printing on the card, gold, red or green? I am old; my eyes are weak, what is wrong with good old black printing, on a white card? OH all you people who live in So Cal why the card with the photo of a snowy trees or a home in the snow? Is that your home? Is that your front yard trees? And what is the etiquette on thronging them in the trash after the holydays? We have a 2’x3’ box full of old cards from past years that we will never look at again, can I just Sh#@ can them? Getting cards from my Insurance agent, Plummer, tree trimmer, electrician, and so on………… Cool as long as there is a business card inside I AM A GUY, I can never find their phone # when I need it…. as long as it is a business card is white with black writing with a big font so I can read it everybody has their email address, MySpace adders, website address ….. What is wrong with just phone #? Why would I go to my Plummer MySpace page?

I was about to freak out Jon. I thought you were going to say you didn't want one from those guys. I put my business card inside:cool:

RexDog1
11-19-2008, 12:49 PM
I was about to freak out Jon. I thought you were going to say you didn't want one from those guys. I put my business card inside:cool:

Yep if you print your phone# on the card? it will get filed away with all the other Christmas cards, but a business cards can go in my rolodex!!!!! :D:D

Monte
11-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Yep if you print your phone# on the card? it will get filed away with all the other Christmas cards, but a business cards can go in my rolodex!!!!! :D

Last night while I was working on them, I wondered how many people would open their card, have my business card fall out on to the ground, and cuss me for putting it in there:rolleyes: BTW signing that many cards will really screw with your signature:o And make you go partially blind:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
11-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Last night while I was working on them, I wondered how many people would open their card, have my business card fall out on to the ground, and cuss me for putting it in there:rolleyes: BTW signing that many cards will really screw with your signature. :o And make you go partially blind.:rolleyes:

Naw, that's caused by something else from what I've heard!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_2.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined)

coz
11-19-2008, 07:23 PM
http://media.bigoo.ws/content/gif/faces/faces_64.gif

:D