PDA

View Full Version : Timing marks

6ballsisall
05-06-2005, 10:06 PM
If all goes well I am going to try and time my 86. Can anyone tell me where I should be looking for the timing marks on my motor? I briefly looked it over today and could not find them, any ideas?

Mag_Red
05-06-2005, 11:16 PM
:confused: Not on the harmonic balancer???? Surely the must be a pointer somewhere on that motor. :twocents:

6ballsisall
05-06-2005, 11:18 PM
:confused: Not on the harmonic balancer???? Surely the must be a pointer somewhere on that motor. :twocents:

There might be, I will have to look closely tommorrow. I can't imagine there not being. Hopefull I can get this thing completely finished off in the AM and in the water for the summer!

JimN
05-06-2005, 11:42 PM
Facing the front of the motor, the timing indicator should be at the upper right of the crank pulley. The timing mark is on the pulley so you need to bump the starter to look for it. Once you find it, mark it with chalk or white paint so it's more visible.

6ballsisall
05-06-2005, 11:44 PM
Facing the front of the motor, the timing indicator should be at the upper right of the crank pulley. The timing mark is on the pulley so you need to bump the starter to look for it. Once you find it, mark it with chalk or white paint so it's more visible.

Sweet thanks Jim!