PDA

View Full Version : 2006 X2 needs some things

scramison
11-09-2008, 09:55 AM
So I found a steal on a 06 X2 and it seems to be a real boat for sale. The question is whether I would come out on top over just getting the boat with everything already in it. I already have 2 alpine V12 amps and a alpine HU I could put in it. Are the speaker boxes taken out? How much will a tower for this run me? Also do people ever replace these stock towers for aftermarket to get more out of the boat?

A round about figure to get it up to par?

http://www.boattrader.com/find/listing/2006-MASTERCRAFT-X-2-94079771

I would prefer to get a boat that I can sell within a year or two to break even because I got a really good deal or because I had to do some work to it. To keep ownership cost down. So resale and everything is important.

JohnE
11-09-2008, 10:30 AM
I wouldn't put an aftermarket tower on it. You'd have to patch the original gelcoat. And then explain on resale why it is there. A tower from the factory will be $3-$4K, I think. I wouldn't have a problem putting my own stereo in, but I would use the same JL speakers and sub that come from the factory. Mostly for the reasons of resale. You can probably find these items from someone here on the forum. A few weeks ago a guy was stripping those same items from his buddy's XStar that was gettting repo'd....:rolleyes::(

scramison
11-09-2008, 10:39 AM
This guy has a cheap tower but how do you know which model its made for?

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/boa/908345494.html

Jim@BAWS
11-09-2008, 10:46 AM
So I found a steal on a 06 X2 and it seems to be a real boat for sale. The question is whether I would come out on top over just getting the boat with everything already in it. I already have 2 alpine V12 amps and a alpine HU I could put in it. Are the speaker boxes taken out? How much will a tower for this run me? Also do people ever replace these stock towers for aftermarket to get more out of the boat?

A round about figure to get it up to par?

http://www.boattrader.com/find/listing/2006-MASTERCRAFT-X-2-94079771

I would prefer to get a boat that I can sell within a year or two to break even because I got a really good deal or because I had to do some work to it. To keep ownership cost down. So resale and everything is important.

Here is the issue...can you get a 2006 tower for an X-2? ($3500) I would confirm that with a dealer. www.bayareawatersports.com. The next issue is board racks. (Approx $2200) They are not inclusive with the tower/ Stereo JL Speakers, AMP, SUB Clarion head unit. Approx $2500. You need to get that boat at $23000 or nder

Let me know if I can be of help

Jim@BAWS

scramison
11-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Wow thats alot of money. So about 5700 + tower speakers just on top. Add stereo which I dont consider much cause I will be upgrading either way. Are the clarion HUs really that good? What do they do different then a car audio HU? Do they have a different type of output for the tower speakers?

I guess this would be a better deal for a skier? but its still more a wakeboard boat so...?

1boarder
11-09-2008, 06:29 PM
my first question would be is what happened to the tower that came on the boat.

ttu
11-09-2008, 07:02 PM
by looking at the pics, my guess it's a bank repo. who ever owned the boat took everything off including the tower and speakers before the man came to pick it up.

my 1st inboard a 02 ooommmmmmbbbbbaaaa outback was a bank repo. whoever owned it before me did the same thing. stereo and tower were removed. the dealer who i purchased from put a new tower and stereo in and everything was great.

erkoehler
11-10-2008, 01:27 AM
Wow thats alot of money. So about 5700 + tower speakers just on top. Add stereo which I dont consider much cause I will be upgrading either way. Are the clarion HUs really that good? What do they do different then a car audio HU? Do they have a different type of output for the tower speakers?

I guess this would be a better deal for a skier? but its still more a wakeboard boat so...?

The head units that come in the boats are marine head units, they are designed to work in the marine environment.

erkoehler
11-10-2008, 01:30 AM
Also, in addition to Jim's estimate be sure to check out all the wiring in the boat prior to purchase. This could be a large additional expense if the previous owner started cutting wires while removing the tower/stereo.

KnoxX2
11-10-2008, 11:05 AM
All I can tell you is you get what you pay for!!!!!!

erkoehler
11-10-2008, 12:31 PM
You could always buy Knox's boat and get a great deal :)

JohnE
11-10-2008, 12:40 PM
All I can tell you is you get what you pay for!!!!!!

Ummmm, not in your case.;)

dapicatti
11-11-2008, 01:16 AM
We replaced the stereo, wiring, speakers from a break in at our storage facility last year on our 06 X2. It was over 5 grand, just to get it back to where we started. (factory/2 tower speakers with lights). I don't think I would trust this boat, if they trashed it willingly.

scramison
11-11-2008, 02:55 AM
You could always buy Knox's boat and get a great deal :)

Was this a joke? Details?

ORX-1
11-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Keep in mind that all the repairs will be out of pocket so you have to have that cash laying around. If you have that kind of cash burning a hole in your pocket you could put it towards a newer one with less issues. But easier said than done, I too always look for good deals, but this could be a pain once you get into the bones... Good luck!

tph
11-11-2008, 03:46 PM
I don't know if this would fit..but it looks like a great deal.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/913612883.html