PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass question

rem_pss308
11-07-2008, 08:35 PM
I have a 1999 X-star.
When i use perfect pass with no ballast filled, it seems the bow is high, and perfect pass does not hold. It loses speed sometimes.

But when the ballast is filled the bow is lower, and it hardly ever fails to stay where selected.

Has anyone else experianced this?

Id it because the paddle wheel is not in good solid water maybe?

BrianM
11-08-2008, 06:14 PM
I have a 1999 X-star.
When i use perfect pass with no ballast filled, it seems the bow is high, and perfect pass does not hold. It loses speed sometimes.

But when the ballast is filled the bow is lower, and it hardly ever fails to stay where selected.

Has anyone else experianced this?

Id it because the paddle wheel is not in good solid water maybe?

Could be paddle wheel placement but could also be the NN or KDW adjustment.. See page 4 here for 6.5N (http://www.perfectpass.com/download/usersmanuals/UserManual.WakeboardProGraphics6.5Ng.mechanical.pd f) or see page 5 here for 6.5 or earlier single line (http://www.perfectpass.com/download/usersmanuals/UserManual.WakeboardProGraphics6.5.2005_older.pdf) .

Call PP and ask them for some advice. They have great customer service.

Ben
11-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Does it only lose speed or vary speed a lot?

I have problems on mine without ballast. 205 direct drive w/LT-1 engine. Similar to your setup w/the LTR (20-1/2' boat, high HP. Anyway, it would hunt up and down, and never really settle speed. I called PP a few years back and they called my engine "jumpy". I tried to mess with the settings some (not a lot) and couldn't get it to go. I've used rpm mode to WB for a few years. Works OK, although you lose a lot when you turn...

Added ballast for the 1st time this year, and instantly the speed mode worked fine. I think it was a combination of the light boat / high HP engine, but maybe also the paddlewheel may be a bit too far forward, and not getting good water. It is a few inches behind the 1st fin IIRC. Not planning to move it... I just use RPM mode if I don't fill the fat sacs.