PDA

View Full Version : Y-fitting for improved heat at idle

randyb
11-07-2008, 04:27 PM
I just orderd the Y fitting for my 97 PS205. Does anyone have pictures or a description of where exactly this goes or what it replaces? I thought I had a thread on this bookmarked but I cant find it now...

Thanks

Sodar
11-07-2008, 04:33 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=19939&highlight=y-pipe

Here is a good one with the little instructions that come with the y-pipe.

ttu
11-07-2008, 04:35 PM
hey i started that thread.:toast:

JLeuck64
11-07-2008, 11:39 PM
I just orderd the Y fitting for my 97 PS205. Does anyone have pictures or a description of where exactly this goes or what it replaces? I thought I had a thread on this bookmarked but I cant find it now...

Thanks

Here's a pic of how I installed it on my ride with a LT-1. It's pretty easy, just cut the main hose going into the raw water pump and install your Y-pipe. There should be two 3/4 inch heater hoses attached to the engine somewhere. I left the one attached to the thermostat housing where it was. The other heater hose was attached to a flow control valve which I moved to the Y-pipe, I also removed the valve and put a plug in it's place.

On PCM engines I have seen this second hose attached to the inlet of the engine's circulating water pump. As I recall it was an elbow that had a drain plug in it. That plug was replaced with a hose barb to hook up the heater hose. Doubt you have a PCM any ways...
HTH

TOO-TALL
11-08-2008, 12:30 AM
There should be two 3/4 inch heater hoses attached to the engine somewhere. I left the one attached to the thermostat housing where it was. The other heater hose was attached to a flow control valve which I moved to the Y-pipe, I also removed the valve and put a plug in it's place.
HTH

I removed the heater hose at the thermostat and pluged it into the Y-pipe.Then pluged the hole at the thermostat.
Seems to work fine.

randyb
11-08-2008, 02:21 AM
Thanks - that's what I needed. I forgot that it's the return line that is re-routed.