PDA

View Full Version : New skins,can I still get then from MasterCraft?

John B
05-06-2005, 02:35 PM
New skins,can I still get then from MasterCraft?
I don't want to replace them all just the bad ones.
The bottom of the driver seat, the observer seat, and the cushion on the transom. (96 PS 190)
Jim, MYMC, you are both MC dealers can you help me out? :confused:

peason
05-06-2005, 03:39 PM
From what I understand, MC has their own fabric shop - so I assume you can get skins from them direct. I would make a call into MasterCraft and that should get you the fastest confirmation.

east tx skier
05-06-2005, 03:52 PM
John, supposedly, they're only offering accent colors from 99 and up. But you can still get skins in all-white. With seat bases, you should be able to get a perfect match still.

From experience, you can still get some skins with accent colors for older boats even after they announced you couldn't. For example, I got one of my bow seat backs with all accent colors ordered in late January. I also got an observer jump seat skin set with a gray accent color over the white (ordered in April). I ordered most of my skins from Bennetts, but got the jump seat skins from Rambo. Both were a pleasure to deal with.

There's a fellow in Tennessee that will make custom skins for you using OEM vinyl. I've totally forgotten his number, but someone on here will have it for you. Much less expensive from what I've been made to understand.

Tom Wortham
05-06-2005, 05:45 PM
Per Doug's note above.. the guy he is talking about is (I think)... Jim France home #865-995-0607. I did NOT use him. I had already ordered mine through Bennetts. Similar to Doug... they were GREAT to work with. Ask for Estaban... He is "the man". Good Luck.

Farmer Ted
05-06-2005, 05:55 PM
I'd like to hear how this turns out, I leaned a brand new Marathon tire against my rear seat base and like a dip$hit wasn't paying attention now I have a nice reverse print of Marathon on my seat that won't come out.

Cloaked
05-06-2005, 08:38 PM
There's a fellow in Tennessee that will make custom skins for you using OEM vinyl. I've totally forgotten his number, but someone on here will have it for you. Much less expensive from what I've been made to understand.True dat!
I think he's here near my neck of the woods in TN. If it's the same guy, he used to work for MC, bailed out, etc... He now restores boats and does any type of work including interior. With that being said, and after I talked to him, he elaborated that he subs out his interior work to another lady in his area and she does excellent work. His name is Donnie Bennett - (865) 982-9589. He's a stand up guy to deal with.

david_ski
08-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Quick question: how much would a new set of MC skins cost? rough estimate only?

Last summer I had a local upolstry shop make me new skins for just the driver and passenger seat cushions and it ran me about $350. I have since sold that boat, and now in the market for a used 91-94 ProStar.

I have come across some boats that need full set of skins. My rough estimate is about $2k for a full set...

Can anyone validate my assumption on cost? High or low?

Tom Wortham
08-03-2005, 10:42 AM
I wouldn't think you should have any problem getting a full set for $2K. Call Bennett's and see what they say. Ask for Ben Estaban 800-869-7297. He is awesome! VERY pleased with his service and word.