PDA

View Full Version : 93' Prostar Factory Shower Not Working

mcdogg2001
11-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Anyone out there familar with the factory installed shower on a 93' or similar year factory shower. I've tried to get it to work but it only runs cold. I followed the hot line back to the pump mounted on floor behind rear seat by gas tank (opposite side of battery). I've tried to blow air through but I get nothing. I've got a couple toggle switches but none are labeled shower and the pump doesn't run when I hit either of the switches. The manual is very vauge on using the shower. I'm pretty sure a toggle switch would be used for the shower pump. Maybe the pump is shot? Any advice would be great.

Sodar
11-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Anyone out there familar with the factory installed shower on a 93' or similar year factory shower. I've tried to get it to work but it only runs cold. I followed the hot line back to the pump mounted on floor behind rear seat by gas tank (opposite side of battery). I've tried to blow air through but I get nothing. I've got a couple toggle switches but none are labeled shower and the pump doesn't run when I hit either of the switches. The manual is very vauge on using the shower. I'm pretty sure a toggle switch would be used for the shower pump. Maybe the pump is shot? Any advice would be great.

Trace the wires off the pump, back to the switch. You can also try jumping the wires directly to a battery to see if the pump is any good. If the pump is good and you are still not getting any water to the shower head, then there is possibly a clog at the screens where the shower hoses attach to the rear of the mixing valves. Also, remember that the motor needs to be on for the shower to be working correctly and be warm.