PDA

View Full Version : Some good came from the election

Doug G
11-05-2008, 06:57 PM
You go Commifornia!

California voters approve gay-marriage ban (http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gf5HBYTJTXebd3kVnFkXW_SAaowwD9490L5G0)

flipper
11-05-2008, 07:07 PM
It's about time!!!!!

flipper
11-05-2008, 07:08 PM
I never thought I'd see the day when cali voted right on something

russlars
11-05-2008, 07:10 PM
I never thought I'd see the day when cali voted right on something
amen to that!!!

coz
11-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Same outcome across the border too http://www.azcentral.com/news/election/azelections/articles/2008/11/05/20081105elect-propositions.html :D

TX.X-30 fan
11-05-2008, 07:28 PM
California strikes a blow against judicial intrusion. Just wait the 9th circuit will overturn the peoples will and reinstate **** unions. It has happened many times to Cali voters with various ballet initiatives. Good luck moral citizens of California.

Ric
11-05-2008, 07:30 PM
California strikes a blow against judicial intrusion. Just wait the 9th circuit will overturn the peoples will and reinstate **** unions. It has happened many times to Cali voters with various ballet initiatives. Good luck moral citizens of California.
careful. you don't wanna be devisive or hateful now do ya?

TX.X-30 fan
11-05-2008, 07:37 PM
careful. you don't wanna be devisive or hateful now do ya?

\

Sorry point taken, Have you felt any change today ric? I have been asking around. Could be too soon, I thought I felt a tingle at one point but it was just the burrito for lunch. :confused:

Doug G
11-05-2008, 08:08 PM
So that is what I felt. I didn't recognize the feeling.

TX.X-30 fan
11-05-2008, 08:28 PM
I have no idea what you felt, were you anywhere near Chris Matthews?

Sodar
11-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Glad to see this. I was just as passionate about banning it as I was about McCain getting elected. I am glad to hear at least I got 1 out of 2

Doug G
11-05-2008, 08:51 PM
You'd be an all star if it was baseball with that .500 average

Sodar
11-05-2008, 08:52 PM
What can I say...

'02xrider
11-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Phew! I feel so much better about my marriage now:rolleyes: What a waste of money and time:mad:

Doug G
11-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Phew! I feel so much better about my marriage now:rolleyes: What a waste of money and time:mad:

Really? Isn't that the democratic way, throwing other peoples money at problems? Sometimes you have to work for things that are worth it.

Sodar
11-05-2008, 09:11 PM
What would have been a waste is when my church loses its tax exemption and non profit status when Bob and Bill wanted to get married. What would have been a waste of time and money is sending my kids off to school to have some wacko teacher tell them how Bob and Bill getting married is OK and there is nothing wrong with it. What would have been a waste of money is when the aforementioned wacko teacher files a suit against the school she taught at and now the school has nothing to do but pay the settlement and continue on.

Unfortunately, the democratic process will probably not hold and the voice of the people will be silenced by some wacko judges in San Francisco and the minority of gay rights groups.

Doug G
11-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Power to the peeps! It is refreshing to see radical minority interests get put in their place from time to time.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
11-05-2008, 10:17 PM
What would have been a waste is when my church loses its tax exemption and non profit status when Bob and Bill wanted to get married. What would have been a waste of time and money is sending my kids off to school to have some wacko teacher tell them how Bob and Bill getting married is OK and there is nothing wrong with it. What would have been a waste of money is when the aforementioned wacko teacher files a suit against the school she taught at and now the school has nothing to do but pay the settlement and continue on.

Unfortunately, the democratic process will probably not hold and the voice of the people will be silenced by some wacko judges in San Francisco and the minority of gay rights groups.

Why would your church lose its tax exempt status over this gay marriage issue? i dont understand that......

11-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Well, I personally dont believe in gay marraige.

but the logistics of this tax issue really perplexes me. I mean, why do the churches HAVE to perform the weddings? cant they just refuse? why not? that dont make sense that the state requires them to perform the marraige ceremonies....... isnt there a seperation of church and state?

'02xrider
11-05-2008, 10:40 PM

But your church had no issue with helping to raise millions to fight against tolerance. Not really sure where the idea that this will be taught in schools. Cali schools do not operate the same way as Massachusetts schools do.

I have several friends that are teachers and they say they would be fired in a heartbeat for teaching something like that because it is against curriculum. i believe if you keep your children informed and are honest with them, it doesn't matter what someone else tells them. But then again, so many want to blame others for there screw ups and short comings. Seems to be the way of way to many people these days in my opinion.

It really doesn't effect me either way. This place would be very boring just sitting around listening to everyone pat themselves on the back all the time;)

11-05-2008, 10:47 PM
It really doesn't effect me either way. This place would be very boring just sitting around listening to everyone pat themselves on the back all the time;)

this place would be boring if we didnt talk about forklifts too.

'02xrider
11-05-2008, 10:58 PM
this place would be boring if we didnt talk about forklifts too.

That is a fact Ump!

Doug G
11-05-2008, 11:55 PM
But your church had no issue with helping to raise millions to fight against tolerance. Not really sure where the idea that this will be taught in schools. Cali schools do not operate the same way as Massachusetts schools do.

I have several friends that are teachers and they say they would be fired in a heartbeat for teaching something like that because it is against curriculum. i believe if you keep your children informed and are honest with them, it doesn't matter what someone else tells them. But then again, so many want to blame others for there screw ups and short comings. Seems to be the way of way to many people these days in my opinion.

Don't know about the church thing. Good points but I think we need to be aware of what they are being told and keep a say in it. If they were being told for example that murder was OK if you had a good reason I would care.

TX.X-30 fan
11-06-2008, 08:53 AM

It already has been taught in school as young as kindergarten, and more in the upper grades. As these radical beliefs are normalized through laws, they move to step two which has been going on forever recruiting people. They have been cramming this crap down our throats for years and this was just the next logical progression.

Ever stop to see how many h0mo relationships and people populate TV during prime time and this is somehow not trying to desensitize us from male on male anal sex. We don't watch the crap but I guess many do. Having to live the lifestyle these people do you would not wish on your worst enemy, so why the big push to make it mainstream???

Dan K
11-06-2008, 09:04 AM
I missed something here, did California pass a ban on forklifts ? Some of them are zero emmision vehicles.

TX.X-30 fan
11-06-2008, 09:06 AM
I missed something here, did California pass a ban on forklifts ? Some of them are zero emmision vehicles.

Not sure about that but the ban on methane gas emissions did pass.

TMCNo1
11-06-2008, 09:06 AM
It already has been taught in school as young as kindergarten, and more in the upper grades. As these radical beliefs are normalized through laws, they move to step two which has been going on forever recruiting people. They have been cramming this crap down our throats for years and this was just the next logical progression.

Ever stop to see how many h0mo relationships and people populate TV during prime time and this is somehow not trying to desensitize us from male on male anal sex. We don't watch the crap but I guess many do. Having to live the lifestyle these people do you would not wish on your worst enemy, so why the big push to make it mainstream???

Global Warming is screwing up the gene pool, just ask Algore!

Gonzo
11-06-2008, 12:06 PM
\

Sorry point taken, Have you felt any change today ric? I have been asking around. Could be too soon, I thought I felt a tingle at one point but it was just the burrito for lunch. :confused:

My Father in law was at Mc Donalds yesterday and asked for a 1.00 sweet tea off the value menu, the young lady said Im sorry sir the price is 1.27 now. His response was, boy he said change was coming… that was fast!! The young lady, apparently an Obama supporter, did not seem to care for the joke…. All the others around him got a chuckle.

Skipper
11-06-2008, 04:10 PM
My Father in law was at Mc Donalds yesterday and asked for a 1.00 sweet tea off the value menu, the young lady said Im sorry sir the price is 1.27 now. His response was, boy he said change was coming… that was fast!! The young lady, apparently an Obama supporter, did not seem to care for the joke…. All the others around him got a chuckle.

Yeah, the food service folks at the chow hall were celebrating the victory of the chosen one. Anybody else notice a trend in who his supporters really are?

Sodar
11-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Yeah, the food service folks at the chow hall were celebrating the victory of the chosen one. Anybody else notice a trend in who his supporters really are?

I have, but I try to stay politically correct so I do not get jumped on by X2Rider.

CarlosCabanas
11-06-2008, 04:35 PM

only on forklifts that fancy other forklifts!!

11-06-2008, 05:04 PM

Now THAT is a serious issue....... how do we deal with this?

wakeX2wake
11-06-2008, 05:32 PM

we could junk them up a bit so they're not so fancy anymore...?:confused:

wakeX2wake
11-06-2008, 05:33 PM

we could junk them up a bit so they're not so fancy anymore...?:confused: or let UMP drive them after Hollywood for a while and see if they feel differently afterwards

Monte
11-06-2008, 05:42 PM

No UMP it is a forkin problem:rolleyes: I have no ideas:(

I tried to resist but resistance was futile:o

'02xrider
11-06-2008, 06:19 PM

I've been hearing about who the supporters are...seems you may know more than everywhere else I look. Please inform me of the facts.:)

'02xrider
11-06-2008, 06:21 PM

Is that Texas schools it's being taught in or do you have first hand knowledge of it being taught in California schools?

mlay
11-07-2008, 12:15 AM
It only gets better folks,

The Associated Press

Thursday, November 06, 2008

TEHRAN, Iran — Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Thursday congratulated Barack Obama on his election win — the first time an Iranian leader has offered such wishes to a U.S. president-elect since the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

Sodar
11-07-2008, 12:18 AM
Looks like they do not like the MAJORITY, DEMOCRATIC RULING.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2008/11/los-angeles-p-1.html

Freddy
11-07-2008, 12:46 AM
You go Commifornia!

California voters approve gay-marriage ban (http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gf5HBYTJTXebd3kVnFkXW_SAaowwD9490L5G0)

It really is a shame that tolerance is not more widespread. Judging by this thread I guess most of you are against homosexuality in general? Atleast 02xrider has an open mind.

Gonzo
11-07-2008, 02:19 AM
nevermind..............

'02xrider
11-07-2008, 02:39 AM
It really is a shame that tolerance is not more widespread. Judging by this thread I guess most of you are against homosexuality in general? Atleast 02xrider has an open mind.

Thanks Freddy. You'll find the majority on here have the same opinions of anything involving the minority. Very tolerant of those that are like themselves.

Gonzo
11-07-2008, 08:34 AM
nevermind..............

Ok, maybe not..... I thought I was just tired. I get sick of the lefties trying to make me out to be intolerent (a very ugly word). Just because we dont accept something, just because we dont cheer for it and say its A OK does not make us intolerent. We are tolerent of differences every day. Prime example, people are still talking to you 02 and discussing differences... thats tolerance. telling my kids you have a right to think what you want, tolerance.... telling my kids it great if they think like and act like you, even though we disagree thats acceptance. What the judges are trying to push is forced acceptance, I have no room for that. This is a great country, we just elected my next president, I voted against him I dont think hes good for our country but when he is my president and I will pray for and support him. The Majority ruled and crying about it doesnt help, if I want to change it I will at the next election. BUT!! If the Majority goes against the liberal agenda of gay marraige... look out... they are "intolerent"..... please.... its funny we are expected to be gracious as mccain was and bush is being about transistion but with liberals its tearing Ws out of keyboards... We are expected to go protest in an orderly manner 3 blocks from the DNC... but liberals can burn cars outside the RNC and get a pass from the media. But thats OK becuase its a liberal country now an in a liberal world you can believe whatever you want as long as its what we tell you..... except for gay marriage in the most leftwing state we have apparently... go figure....:rolleyes:

Main Entry: tol·er·ance
Pronunciation: \ˈtä-lə-rən(t)s, ˈtäl-rən(t)s\
Function: noun
Date: 15th century
1: capacity to endure pain or hardship : endurance , fortitude , stamina
2 a: sympathy or indulgence for beliefs or practices differing from or conflicting with one's own b: the act of allowing something : toleration
3: the allowable deviation from a standard ; especially : the range of variation permitted in maintaining a specified dimension in machining a piece
4 a (1): the capacity of the body to endure or become less responsive to a substance (as a drug) or a physiological insult especially with repeated use or exposure <developed a tolerance to painkillers> ; also : the immunological state marked by unresponsiveness to a specific antigen (2): relative capacity of an organism to grow or thrive when subjected to an unfavorable environmental factor b: the maximum amount of a pesticide residue that may lawfully remain on or in food

Main Entry: ac·cep·tance
Pronunciation: \ik-ˈsep-tən(t)s, ak-\
Function: noun
Date: 1574
1: an agreeing either expressly or by conduct to the act or offer of another so that a contract is concluded and the parties become legally bound
2: the quality or state of being accepted or acceptable
3: the act of accepting : the fact of being accepted : approval
4 a: the act of accepting a time draft or bill of exchange for payment when due according to the specified terms b: an accepted draft or bill of exchange

Skipper
11-07-2008, 09:19 AM
Maybe MC Team Talk could add a topic for the libs and, uh.... (not sure what politically correct word to use for those who engage in same sex marriage). Then they could live free of scorn and oppression from the close-minded right. Or maybe, we could just agree to disagree and get over it.

TX.X-30 fan
11-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Thanks Freddy. You'll find the majority on here have the same opinions of anything involving the minority. Very tolerant of those that are like themselves.

It doesn't get any sweeter than this, come here Freddy give me a hug. :D

TMCNo1
11-07-2008, 02:53 PM
It doesn't get any sweeter than this, come here Freddy give me a hug. :D

I hope that wasn't a squeek in the closet door hinge! Please say NO! I would say "Ya'll get a room", but all the motel rooms in the DC area are all reserved for the inauguration according to the major tv networks!