PDA

View Full Version : old x-2 vs new x-1

redrobster78
11-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Hello to all... my first post,

So I've been looking around for a Mastercraft either a used 04 x-2 or a new 08 x-1, from everything that I've read these boats are very similar and are a good "crossover/do everything " kind of boat.

Just looking for some comments about those two boats as well as if anyone has had experience with the Mastercraft Rebate program, either good or bad? It obviously makes a HUGE difference when looking at the end cost of the boat.

Thanks!

Rob

bbymgr
11-04-2008, 10:37 PM

Just looking for some comments about those two boats as well as if anyone has had experience with the Mastercraft Rebate program, either good or bad? It obviously makes a HUGE difference when looking at the end cost of the boat.

Thanks!

Rob

Here we go again.:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

coz
11-05-2008, 07:12 AM

So I've been looking around for a Mastercraft either a used 04 x-2 or a new 08 x-1, from everything that I've read these boats are very similar and are a good "crossover/do everything " kind of boat.

Thanks!

Rob

You can't go wrong with either boat and as for the rebate program, my preception is it's a bait & switch program :confused:

But hey! write a letter to Obama and have him include it in the mortgage & 401k fixes he's talking about :D he's gonna save the world might as well include the rebate program :rolleyes:

JohnE
11-05-2008, 07:31 AM
The 2 boats are the same hull. The pointy bow X2 was renamed the X1 in '06 when the 20' pickle fork X2 was introduced.

I opted to take the $20K cash reward program when I bought my '08 in February from MYMC. Mike (MYMC) has full confidence that the program will pay out if I submit everything at the proper times. If you take the cash reward program, you need to understand what paperwork needs to be submitted and the timing. There has been a lot of discussion here about the program, mostly negative. But I know of 2 people who have collected. I don't know anyone who has submitted the proper paperwork and been denied. And if they come on here claiming that, they either don't realize they screwed up, or are lying, IMO.

mccobmd
11-05-2008, 08:04 AM
I can only speak to the boat, I have an 06 X1 and it is great for wakeboarding, good for skiing and great for surfing( if weighted right). It is the best do it all boat in the MC lineup IMO but from a boat/hull/performance standpoint there won't be any big differences. That said " It's always about the money, it's never not about the money" is what one very wise economist once said.

JohnE
11-05-2008, 08:58 AM
as for the rebate program, my preception is it's a bait & switch program :confused:

:

Hey Coz, what specifically can you offer to substantiate that thought?

coz
11-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Hey Coz, what specifically can you offer to substantiate that thought?

Just this JohnE :rolleyes:

my preception

From this and others http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=25186&highlight=rebate

Just my opinion that's all :D

ORX-1
11-05-2008, 10:51 AM
The only real difference will be the tower design and the graphics. If you are looking to save cash buy the older X-2 if you want the low hours, warranty and new boat smell I would go with the new X-1. And I agree with everyone else, a great all around boat

brianpt
11-05-2008, 12:53 PM
i have 08 x1 great boat hade lot off fun with it thise summer wake surfing water sking wakeboarding tubing it wase all great loved the sound systeem and built in heater and got the wow efect @ the dock even next to a new malibu or tige

brucemac
11-05-2008, 01:33 PM
terrific boats. i'd say narrow your search to 05 or newer. 05 was first year for throttle by wire (TBW) and the tower redesign.

TimB
11-05-2008, 08:26 PM
terrific boats. i'd say narrow your search to 05 or newer. 05 was first year for throttle by wire (TBW) and the tower redesign.

Totally agree with that!

I had an 04 X2 for 3 months and traded it in on an 06 X1. The tower is a big improvement. We had the bimini top on both. In the 04 you could not swivel the board racks or see the tower mirror with the top up. Plus it was so low I kept hitting my head.

I also prefer the TBW. The Perfect Pass works a lot better on my 06 compared to the 04.

But my son preferred the graphics of the X2. :cool:

- Tim

Doug G
11-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Just this JohnE :rolleyes:

From this and others http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=25186&highlight=rebate

Just my opinion that's all :D

When someone new comes on looking for information you are not helping them or anyone else by spewing opinions that you have no knowledge about and cannot substantiate with any fact. He didn't ask for opinion he asked for experience. Let those who have experience with the question address it.

It really is ok to have a thread go by and not post in to it occasionally. :rolleyes:

Doug G
11-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Welcome Robster. You will find good info from the X1 / X2 crowd and some that have experienced the rebate program. I have no experience in any of the above, but welcome.

Sodar
11-05-2008, 08:49 PM
When someone new comes on looking for information you are not helping them or anyone else by spewing opinions that you have no knowledge about and cannot substantiate with any fact. He didn't ask for opinion he asked for experience. Let those who have experience with the question address it.

It really is ok to have a thread go by and not post in to it occasionally. :rolleyes:

Nicely Said. :)

JohnE
11-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Nicely Said. :)

^^^^^^ X 2 ^^^^^^^

I have a lot of time and energy into the cash rewards program. I think I'm gonna start a thread about it soon...

redrobster78
11-05-2008, 09:40 PM
JohnE,

So I'm assuming that you have or will be getting a rebate in the near future? Has anyone out there gotten the rebate in the past and what were your experiences?

Thanks guys for your 2 cents about the x-1! :) Much appreciated! :)

Rob

JohnE
11-05-2008, 10:02 PM
JohnE,

So I'm assuming that you have or will be getting a rebate in the near future? Has anyone out there gotten the rebate in the past and what were your experiences?

Thanks guys for your 2 cents about the x-1! :) Much appreciated! :)

Rob

I am eligible for $20K cash rewards as long as I submit the remaining paperwork between March 1-7, 2011. And possibly another program the following December but that is still in the works. I can tell you that I know that one member here (Mtrask) has received a $10K reward as has another member named Pendo. Pendo had an issue or 2 about a year ago, but ultimately received his check. I don't know the specifics.

PM me if you would like any further thoughts. You will find a bunch of guys here who will bash the cash rewards but have no first hand knowledge or experience with the program. Keep in mind though that this is a great bunch of MC owners and ethusiasts with a ton of knowledge and insight about the boats; but this forum is NOT a good cross section of new MC boat buyers. I hope that statement makes sense. It is not meant to offend anyone.

Doug G
11-05-2008, 10:03 PM
^^^^^^ X 2 ^^^^^^^

I have a lot of time and energy into the cash rewards program. I think I'm gonna start a thread about it soon...

If you have it sorted out others may find that helpful and appreciate your time, if you can put up with the secondary stuff that will inevitably follow.

JohnE
11-05-2008, 10:14 PM
If you have it sorted out others may find that helpful and appreciate your time, if you can put up with the secondary stuff that will inevitably follow.

Been thinking about that today. I need to gather my paperwork and notes and will probably get that done and posted over the weekend. There is so much misinformation about this program. I've been talking about this via pm's and cell calls with another member recently.

Doug G
11-05-2008, 10:50 PM
Let it rip. BTW check UR pm's