PDA

View Full Version : It was a bad weekend

WESSTAR
11-04-2008, 09:18 PM
This last weekend in Northern California we had a good size storm roll through. We keep our boat at a indoor storage company. Well they were having some roofing work last week before the storm and the roofing company did not finish, and they did not tell them they were not finished. So on friday night when the main part of the storm hit (our boat was under the seam in which the work was being done) all of the water from the roof started to come down on to our boat. The force was so much that it bowed the windsheild back and is now jamed. The bow wheel was also broken due to the all the extra weight of the water. :cry::cry::cry:

T Scott
11-04-2008, 09:23 PM
I assume the insurance company will be paying for the repairs.......correct?

WESSTAR
11-04-2008, 09:26 PM
There is also a white hard water ish stains all over. The water is being tested to see if there is anything in it. The building is an old Airforce storage dock. Right now the boat is at NorCal Mastercraft. We will see how bad it really is in a few days I hope.

WESSTAR
11-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Not my insurance I hope. The storage company is giving all the bills to the roofing company. There were multilpe boats in there mine was just the only one damaged the rest just need a detail job.

TX.X-30 fan
11-04-2008, 09:35 PM
I believe most water is H2o.

sorry for your pain.

x-10ron
11-04-2008, 09:38 PM
I feel for you bro, a friend of mine had a car parked in a parking garage, and they were using some kind of acid on the roof to clean something. He park unaware under the drain from the roof top. The acid ate threw his convertable top and destroyed the interior.
I feel your pain, good news is, it can all be fix!!!

TX.X-30 fan
11-04-2008, 09:45 PM
I tink too it be fix no prob.

Jerseydave
11-04-2008, 09:48 PM
I'm no lawyer, but you should demand that the storage company (and their ins co) make good on the repairs............then it's up to them to go after the roofer (which could take alot of time, time that you should not have to wait for)

I'd demand a new trailer jack, boat cover and windshield..............and a complete detail.
(judging by your pictures, unless I missed something)

Good luck, on the bright side at least it's November, not May. :D

WESSTAR
11-04-2008, 09:53 PM
That is true we have untill March to get this done. The jack and windshield is first they have already set up a full detail when the boat gets back from the dealer. So far no freaking out yet (Wife cried a little after she saw pictures) the storage company is saying they are going to make it right.

bigmac
11-04-2008, 11:14 PM
The thing I'd be worried about is whether or not the windshield spreading was caused by the weight of the water in the interior bowing the hull out.

WESSTAR
11-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Is that possible? The water inpact was right at the middle of the windshield. We will see what the dealer says after they inspect it.

Sodar
11-05-2008, 11:27 AM
The only way I see the hull being bowed is if it sat for a VERY long time. Since it happened this weekend, I am guess it is just a tweaked windshield frame and some clean up.

Keep us updated, Wesstar...

MorganMac
11-05-2008, 11:44 AM
If you are looking for a new inside storage place, my X45 as well as 2 or 3 others and other various boats, RVs and really high end cars are at Store Inside in Milpitas. http://www.storeinside.com/

They seem to have a very good business running.

bigmac
11-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Well, yeah, the hull being tweaked is possible, but I agree it's probably more likely from direct trauma to the windshield if that's where the water hit. I was always told that in buying a used boat, evaluating the windshield hatch of an open bow gave a good indication of the hull condition. Probably not applicable in this case.

thijs
11-05-2008, 01:24 PM
You know you married the right women when she sheds a tear over the damaged family boat! (Thought I'd bring a brighter perspective).

WESSTAR
11-10-2008, 11:41 AM
You know you married the right women when she sheds a tear over the damaged family boat! (Thought I'd bring a brighter perspective).

True Story. Went to see the boat at the dealer on friday. It looks really good. He was able to pull the windsheild apart to inspect the dash and surounding fibergalss and found that there is no damage. The top of the frame of the windsheild got pushed over. After all the pressure was removed off the windsheild he was able to put it back into place. There are no signs of the damage now. Just waiting on the trailer jack and maybe a new cover (he has not gotten to that yet).

454Prostar190
11-10-2008, 01:06 PM
True Story. Went to see the boat at the dealer on friday. It looks really good. He was able to pull the windsheild apart to inspect the dash and surounding fibergalss and found that there is no damage. The top of the frame of the windsheild got pushed over. After all the pressure was removed off the windsheild he was able to put it back into place. There are no signs of the damage now. Just waiting on the trailer jack and maybe a new cover (he has not gotten to that yet).

I had my boat into NorCal MasterCraft last spring and was very happy with their work and attitude. Then to top it off... I was ready to write a check for $1,600. and the bill was just over $1,100.!! Whoo hoo! :D

bigmac
11-10-2008, 02:15 PM
I had my boat into NorCal MasterCraft last spring and was very happy with their work and attitude. Then to top it off... I was ready to write a check for $1,600. and the bill was just over $1,100.!! Whoo hoo! :DThat's a good deal for an oil change on a MasterCraft...;)

454Prostar190
11-10-2008, 02:23 PM
That's a good deal for an oil change on a MasterCraft...;)

It costs me a little more since it holds 12 quarts:rolleyes:

Timbo126
11-10-2008, 07:51 PM
The thing I'd be worried about is whether or not the windshield spreading was caused by the weight of the water in the interior bowing the hull out.

Exactly. That does not look like a windsheild problem. The windsheild is attached to the top deck. So for that gap to increase the top deck would have strectch outwards on both sides pulling both sides of the glass away from each other. Not to get you any more worried but that looks like a much bigger problem then just replacing the glass. Sorry to hear about this.

TX.X-30 fan
11-10-2008, 09:09 PM
That's a good deal for an oil change on a MasterCraft...;)

About the same as an angioplasty well except the hospital. :D